FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lego star wars : no more post ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: lego star wars : no more post ? Reply with quote

Hi

I'm wondering why there is no new post since last friday ? Is there a problem or something ? Is there nothing left to talk about ? Where is everybody gone ?

Maybe it's my pc that doesn't work ?

If my english seems weird, it's because I'm French... Wink
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do there need to be new posts???
Maybe nothing has happened, or at least nothing worth mentioning. It'll pick up soon enough...
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: silent community Reply with quote

I agree with you, Joedward, there's no need to have new posts, of course. And the posts will certainly fall like rain next days, as they usualy do. But in the same time, I know that FBTB gather hundreds of LSW fans across the world, and everybody has been silent for a while, now. I wonder if there is a reason. May be I shouldn't ?
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way, why haven't you started any threads in here recently?
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Don.

In fact, I did. And found no better topic than this one, for the moment. I agree that it's quite an odd one. You have to forgive my ignorance, too : by "post" I mean in fact "reply" : nobody had proposed a new topic or replied to an old one since friday and it seemed odd to me, like if we were all waiting for The huge thing to happen. Like, I don't know, a 10 000 pieces Hoth Battle or a new Tantive 4 that really flies ! Maybe this post is going nowhere and you'd better close it, I think. I'll wait the return of the news.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the restrictions of RTB right there....hehe.
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Don : If you allow me, I'd like to add a point of view : in posts, there are two species : the first one creates new posts, replies, fights each other to get its point. The second one only reads posts and doesn't want to be involved (that's me !). As soon as the second specie can't see anything new to read, it begins to get sick because it has to intervene and propose something itself. That's against the natural law ! Wink

To AJayirish : what do you mean by the "RTB" ? Have I done something against the RTB ???
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollektionneur wrote:
To AJayirish : what do you mean by the "RTB" ? Have I done something against the RTB ???

RTB = Respect The Brick

And he was just joking with you Razz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Firespray. I felt very uncomfortable for a moment : I was thinking that Lego was REALLY working on a flying Tantive 4 and that I had done something against RTB policy by using leaked stuff without knowing it. I'm not that kind of bantha fodder that does not respect the rules.

I can see by this post and its replies that LSW fans are still there, they are no more silent. Apparently there is no reason to their silence. Could someone find an interesting (and legal) topic in which everybody will dive immediatly and send a lot of replies ? So I could read and be quiet again ?
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i meant by my post is meerly that we are not allowed to speculate that much on things, and so restricts the scope of what we can talk about while there isn't much really happening.
alldarker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, FBTB is no longer an interesting forum for reading or posting about Lego Star Wars. Sites like Eurobricks and Brothers Brick have already taken over my interest, mostly due to the "RtB" rules.

The fact is also that the mods and admins on FBTB seem to be keener to wallow in their in-joke court case than to keep this forum alive, alienating a lot of FBTB'ers who actually are not at all amused.

I still read the infrequent posts here daily, but more because I have been with FBTB since the days when Tim Saupé was the admin. I still remember why he left, though: and in those days, FBTB was at a higher level than it is now.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alldarker wrote:

The fact is also that the mods and admins on FBTB seem to be keener to wallow in their in-joke court case than to keep this forum alive, alienating a lot of FBTB'ers who actually are not at all amused.

*high fives*

spot on ...

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was thinking it, i just didnt wanna be pinned for saying it first hehe, yeah, im not too happy with the way the mods have slacked off, there's unlocked irrelevant threads cropping up everywhere (including this one, i'm waiting to see how many posts we can get in before they lock this, taking bets now Wink )

i've been accused of being a junior-mod on one of the older forums i was a part of, so i've been holding my tongue a lot on here, because i do enjoy fbtb a lot.....but i think my point stands firm with the given evidence....

AJay
harrison

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Damm now i'm posting!! Shocked
Big Z
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, could you guys shut up? I'm trying to wallow here...

Flickr <•> Big C's Blog
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then wallow in the other thread?
Crusader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A Flying Tantive IV! But $200 for a set with only 1997 pieces! It needs to have three more to be a good deal. And how came there are only 14 figs, the real ship had a crew of 46!

Seriously though, I have to agree with many of sentiments expressed in this thread. RTB is a fine policy, but even this Old Fossil thinks there has to be some way to stay current what with this whole internets thing.

As for the inside jokes, you kids with your hoola hoops and twenty three skidoo, I just can't keep up.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I haven't heard 23 skidoo forever. That's pretty funny, old-timer. Very Happy

As for the rest - this is a multi-user forum. It thrives on content YOU provide. If you don't like what's being provided, make your own. This community will not survive if we wait for the Mods/Admins to make it fun for us. WE have to make our own fun. That's the very nature of a forum.
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the "trial" is the reason this place is dead. That makes PERFECT sense. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, if you don't like the fact that there is no activity, make some. Post something interesting.

Anyway, my opinion on the lack of content is this. There is nothing to talk about anymore. Everything that we could cover has been covered 100 times over. How many times can you talk about what figs you would want, or what sets you would want. How many times have we seen speculation threads that had the exact same content in them? In my opinion, the lack of posts in here is because of the lack of interest anymore. I know I don't post in here hardly ever, and haven't for the last couple years, only because I wasn't interested in reading what people would want, or what someones opinion of a set is. Same thing goes for the Star Wars MOCs section. I don't post there because I don't feel like looking at a TIE fighter for the 100th time, or looking at a bad mini of something else.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alldarker wrote:
It's true, FBTB is no longer an interesting forum for reading or posting about Lego Star Wars. Sites like Eurobricks and Brothers Brick have already taken over my interest, mostly due to the "RtB" rules.

Too bad it took Eurobricks about two years to stop punctuating their sentences with 'FBTB sucks we are teh awesomest'. And while I'm only fluent in English, French and Spanish, I don't think that's a part of any other language currently spoken in Europe, so I was rather confused to see it so often posted.

alldarker wrote:

So by "a lot of FBTB'ers" did you really mean to write "a few malcontented lurker/trolls"? Because that's all I see here.

alldarker wrote:
I still read the infrequent posts here daily, but more because I have been with FBTB since the days when Tim Saupé was the admin. I still remember why he left, though: and in those days, FBTB was at a higher level than it is now.

So as someone who's been a member here for so long, I'm sure you've come across the numerous RtB discussions, which invariably end with a staff member pointing out that the rule is still in place and not likely to change anytime soon, regardless of who or how many members are whining about it. Continuing to complain seems pointless at this juncture, so I suggest you either put up with it, or leave. It's not like you'll be missed or anything.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alldarker wrote:

Very true. We'll just have to do our best in their absence.

Brickshelf
Lord Of Pies

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only come on FBTB to visit the Bantha Coffee Shop and watch Don Solos execut--I mean trial. I think the trial is amusing and I also fail to see how it is weakening the community...

Anyways, FBTB has gone through a few dry patches before, just wait till some new sets are released, and then we will see the forum blossom like a spring Daffodil.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you who have some problem with the RTB policy, please follow these instructions.

Go to the LEGO Star Wars forum
Look at the top thread, it's not hard to miss, has an 'i' in a trinagle and then the words "Announcement: Chat transcript from LEGO chat"
Turn on brain and realise that we got that largely through having the RTB here. (I think, I'm not actually 100% sure)
Realise that without that this forum would not have had such a direct say in what may, or may not, be the next Star Wars Toys R Us exclusive.

Like I said in the BCS, it doesn't matter that there's no activity, give it a few days and some one will post about some question or perhaps a new version of an old thread. Wait a few weeks and we get the official word on the january line.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does it seem like this post has grabbed all the attention on the LSW thread?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swoosh Factor wrote:
alldarker wrote:

Too bad it took Eurobricks about two years to stop punctuating their sentences with 'FBTB sucks we are teh awesomest'. And while I'm only fluent in English, French and Spanish, I don't think that's a part of any other language currently spoken in Europe, so I was rather confused to see it so often posted.

Hey, I remember when Eurobricks were childish and inmature towards FBTB. But they've definitely changed for the better. Their Reviewer's Acadamy is genius, really pulling together THAT community. And nowadays on Eurobricks, when members b1tch about others members like you are doing, the mods tell them off for doing so...
Swoosh Factor wrote:
alldarker wrote:

So by "a lot of FBTB'ers" did you really mean to write "a few malcontented lurker/trolls"? Because that's all I see here.

I am not a troll or a lurker, and neither are the other members who have supported my views on this. Do some research next time.
Swoosh Factor wrote:
alldarker wrote:

So as someone who's been a member here for so long, I'm sure you've come across the numerous RtB discussions, which invariably end with a staff member pointing out that the rule is still in place and not likely to change anytime soon, regardless of who or how many members are whining about it. Continuing to complain seems pointless at this juncture, so I suggest you either put up with it, or leave.

I am not debating the RtB rules at all! I think it's perfectly fair that the RtB exists; it has existed since the start of FBTB, 'back in the day'... I've already said before that I think Lego isn't doing FBTB the favors it once was. Sure, speaknspell drops in once in a while, but it's not getting us any more scoops.
Swoosh Factor wrote:
It's not like you'll be missed or anything.

Boo hoo. Some anonymous person on the internet isn't going to miss me when I'm gone. I'll be needing emotional support for sure. Anyway, I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited by alldarker on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i dont really think the troll/lurker comment was called for, nor is it justified.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollektionneur wrote:
And found no better topic than this one, for the moment.

Every time someone answers his own question, an angel is forced to do temp work.

Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And since this has now turned into people throwing poo at each other, it's done.
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: