FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

 
 ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

America Votes 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

President of the United States of America
Barack Obama/Joe Biden
53%
 53%  [ 35 ]
John McCain/Sarah Palin
40%
 40%  [ 27 ]
I voted for someone outside the two-party system
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

Author Message
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!


Joined: 06 Feb 2005
Location: Tucson, Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the word "pacifist," for that matter. Razz
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zedsier
Undead!


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Location: Slave I, California

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one guy with the Gladius wrote:
I still think that the fact that people are swooning at that is just another indication that racism is as strong as it has ever been, it's just taken a more pacifist turn.

Sci, you doesn't understand the difference between racism and acknowledging race. My saying Don is white is not racism, it's a fact. That's acknowledging that I know what Don is. It's like saying Don has a beard and is lazy. That's not discrimination at all. Similarly, celebrating that Obama is the first black Prez isn't racism, just acknowledging the facts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]


Joined: 05 Feb 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And considering the whole "slavery" thing, what with the lynchings and all, I'd say racism in America is at a notable low point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Padawan716
The Comeback Kid


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: not at the o2 arena on dec 10 :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for McCain. He seemed like a better guy back in 2000, but after the Republican party took him, warped him into something else, strapped Sarah Palin onto him to appease the religious fanatics, and then in turn forced him to make a negative campaign...

I can only wonder what the outcome would've been if they'd let him be, let him choose Joe Lieberman, and run a more positive campaign, instead of trying to appease the base with fanatics and negativity and all that stuff.

I think his concession speech was one of his better moments. It was a warm and fuzzy speech, not like the awkward nomination acceptance or any of Palin's disgustingly abrasive speeches.

I guess now the Republican party can decide whether to follow Palin and Rove all the way to the depths of hell or take a higher road with McCain and Lieberman.


And I'm still looking at results coming in for Prop 8 here in CA. The election isn't over by a long shot. And it's not looking great for the anti-8 movement. It's going to be close, I'm afraid. I just hope we don't follow Arizona and Florida. We have to put a stop to this nonsense, and show that no matter how much money you throw at bad ideas, they won't work out here in the west.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
knapplZ
Undead!


Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Location: Waiting for Rocko's next cool build

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scitvs wrote:
I still think that the fact that people are swooning at that is just another indication that racism is as strong as it has ever been, it's just taken a more pacifist turn.

I'm so White I make Elmer's Glue look like charcoal, and I voted for Obama for "racist" reasons? I think you'd better think again, home slice.

Obama's election signals a fundamental shift in America's views of race. No longer can a man be counted out for any office simply because of the color of his skin. It wasn't just Blacks voting for Obama. If it was he'd have never been elected - heck, he wouldn't have made it out of Iowa. It's the Whites, the Blacks, the Hispanics, the Asians... every demographic came together and said, "Enough with this garbage. I want the best man."

This was a repudiation of racism, plain and simple. This was people saying that those who hold to racist ideals are rapidly becoming anachronisms.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: H E Double Hockey Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scitvs wrote:
I still say:

NObama - keep the change.

EDIT:

Soup - I believe we'll find out before his term is up just how far this can fall...

[But again, personal speculation...]


Sci, you know I love you to death, but there's something supremely funny about the guy whose infatuated with recreating the past being against the black guy for President. Laughing
_________________
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Iare Zombite
Undead!


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: Between chair and monitor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted days ago, gonna love voting at home. Very Happy

I'm sure you guys know who I voted for, but I'm not tellin'. Wink

One of guys I voted for were my economy teacher. David Carrier. SO far results are still in doubt, but I hope he wins.
_________________

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joedward
Hoover


Joined: 23 Jun 2005

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed up all last night, and went to bed at about 5:45.

And I think it's fantastic that I witnessed history being made. I thought both men spoke brilliantly. That's the best I've ever heard McCain speak, and just another example of what an amazing speaker Barak actually is. I swear I got shivers down my spine so many times during that speech.
I hope for nothing but the best for Obama and the United States over the next 4 years.

Hurrah for Obama.
_________________
Jigame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
DestructiveZombie
Undead!


Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Location: City of Evil, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really sad how Canadians paid more attention to this election then our own election a month ago.

O well, hurray for Obama
_________________

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Location: near my laptop

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
I stayed up all last night, and went to bed at about 5:45.


Good Morning Ed *yawn* Are you feeling the same tired as I do?
I'm glad it's only every four years. Wink


Today's German Yellow Press Headline "Good Morning Mr President (whoever you will be), make the world a better place!"
What are Newspaper headlines in your country today?

Good luck Barack Obama! Do good things to my favourite country!
_________________
~Andi

FlickrBrickshelf
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Big Z
Undead!


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Location: I AM THE HORDEZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not I agree on his platform, I'm still honored to be a witness to epic history in the making. An African-American is going to be president, and that's pretty effing amazing.
_________________

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gold_2



Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: Burlington, North Carolina- U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vote was an outcome of the terrible mistakes the Republican Party has made over the past 10 yrs or so, starting with G.W. I think its also important to realize here that the Pubs continue to misunderstand the country. They dont know what the people want, or need. They find support in corrupt buisnessmen and CEO's, and completely ignore the changing face of this country over the past 25 yrs.

McCain was the right man at the right time, in 2000. I wonder how America would be doing today if McCain had been Prez for the last 8 yrs. Unfortunately he comes in now, too old, and far too out of touch. SNL, for all the humor and laughs, and I love it by the way, did one thing that really swayed me, because I was really on the fence. Tina Fey, as Sarah Palin, said she was "literally one heart attack away from the White House." That scared the crap out of me. I was already leaning away from McCain, simply because I feel we did need a change in leadership, a change of personnel up at the top, from the way we were going. But the possibility, however slight, that the ultra-conservative Palin could be President, was too much. She would have been George W. Bush, part II. That the Republican Party thought this was what America wanted shows just how far out they are, that fixing the US is not really on their agenda. And they did a injustice to themselves and the more conservative people in this country, because they cost themselves a lot of seats in Congress. The vote was so Anti-Republican, people like Kay Hagan, who dodged her stance on nearly issue, could handily beat Elizabeth Dole. So Blue that many states voted Democratic for the first time in 30 or more years. So heavily Democratic that the Dems are very close to that magic number 60 Senators that would allow them to push nearly anything thru Congress. I just dont see the Republicans doing much for a while until they realize that the country does not want God in their Government, they want peace, security, and a sound sense of mind at the top.

John McCain is a man who deserves respect, and he certainly has mine. He is an outstanding American, but he didn't get my vote. I didn't want to vote for Obama. But I couldn't, couldn't, vote for a ticket that would promise more of the same. President Obama, you have 4 years. America is broken- fix it if you can, and you will win my support. As of now, you only have my vote.

my 2 pennies
_________________
Veni Vidi Posti- I came, I saw, I posted...
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/636
http://www.myspace.com/fool_for_a_lifetime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Z
Undead!


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Location: I AM THE HORDEZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post on RedState by Mike Huckabee:
The man w/Chuck Norries behind his back wrote:
I'm very proud to have supported Senator McCain and the only regret is that more Americans didn't share my conviction that he would have made an outstanding President. I not only recognize, but respect that we are a nation in which the people choose and tonight they have chosen Senator Obama. He was not my choice, but he will be my President and I will pray for him to lead this great nation with God's help and grace. He will face serious challenges to lead our country and he will need all Americans to give him a chance.

The campaign is over and now is the time for governing and leading. The Republican Party must now reassess where it is and where it is going. Our problem is not that our views aren't acceptable, is that many in our party have abandoned the very principles that once drew Americans to trust us. Our party will be back with strength, but tonight we should all celebrate the historic nature of this election and put our country ahead of our party.

As disappointed as I am that we have lost the election, I can't help but feel that many courageous leaders of the civil rights movement look down from heaven tonight with a smile that the day has come when a man is elected without regard to his color. I salute President-elect Obama for his discipline and tenacity that has given our country the opportunity to witness this significant event.

Politics is not an event but a process. We sometimes lose the events but it never gives us the right to stop being faithful to our principles that enlisted us in the process. We shall live to fight another day.


That's pretty much exactly how I feel.
_________________

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly how I felt last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Iare Zombite
Undead!


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: Between chair and monitor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cello Collin wrote:
Regardless of whether or not I agree on his platform, I'm still honored to be a witness to epic history in the making. An African-American is going to be president, and that's pretty effing amazing.


Indeed. This was election to remember. Either first woman vp or black president... wow!
_________________

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr


Joined: 01 Aug 2005
Location: Planet Arus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
This is exactly how I felt last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM



You really do live up to your name don't you?

Seriously, Obama isn't gonna take away American rights. You know why? Because Congress wouldn't let him. Obama isn't gonna destroy the US. Obama isn't the anti-christ (which seems to be what some people think). Obama wasn't any worse then McCain. Get over it, or move out of the country.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: H E Double Hockey Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:


So eight years of Bush was strengthening America while the mere election of a black man to office is killing America? Please, tell me more.
_________________
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!


Joined: 17 May 2007
Location: Haunting the graveyard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
This is exactly how I felt last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1FFVWEQnSM

Yes, because Obama's plan was to get on the good sides of his supporters, win the election, then turn on us all and reveal that he is actually a robot sent here to destroy America and all the things it stands for...Yay?

Rolling Eyes
_________________
BOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for name-calling on the internet. Everyone else is expressing how they feel...I think I can do the same.

Austin wrote:
So eight years of Bush was strengthening America while the mere election of a black man to office is killing America?


Austin, implying that I don't like someone because he's black is simply stupid.

I just don't understand why Democrats can't just accept people for who they are instead of color being such a big deal. We're in the 21st century, besides a few people here or there racism is gone. Why is it suddenly as good as winning the lottery to elect someone because he's black? It's the first thing out of anyone's mouth instead of any issues....
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr


Joined: 01 Aug 2005
Location: Planet Arus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to argue issues, then tell us how you think it is the end of Liberty because Obama is president, because to think that is just plane ignorance. Period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll PM you. I'm sure the mods are mad at me enough as it is.
_________________
XBLive = BlitzKreger
><>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]


Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Location: Drinking a bloodshake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My finger is hovering above the lock button. I'm looking at you, Turk and TI.

Incidentally, both of you got new titles.
_________________
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Location: H E Double Hockey Sticks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to agree with your first point. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the internet, no matter how faulty, flawed or ridiculous it is. Thus, I'm entitled to rip it apart.

Your entire post is like coming home and finding your girlfriend sleeping with your best friend, your house on fire and your taxes due. I have no idea what to deal with first.

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
Austin, implying that I don't like someone because he's black is simply stupid.


Then why don't you like someone? It can't be from his personality, which you clearly can't know from watching him on TV. It can't be from his actions or his politics, because John McCain applauded both of those things several times across the campaign including last night. If it's not what's inside his brain, or what he does, what else could it be?

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
I just don't understand why Democrats can't just accept people for who they are instead of color being such a big deal.


It's a big deal because it's been made a big deal by people. It's a big deal because traditionally blacks have been withheld an entire host of rights. It's a big deal because, within my grandma's lifetime, Republicans would have lynched Obama for doing what he does now. And you're a hypocrite for pretending like it's not a race issue, Mr. 'He's An Arab'. YOU brought that up. YOU. I don't care what you say, you're a hypocrite, plain and simple. It's as easy as reading your posts on the last page.

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
We're in the 21st century, besides a few people here or there racism is gone.


You are so wrong that it hurts. It must be wonderful living in a fantasy pretend bubble where everyone is treated equally all the time. How many CEOs of Fortune 500 Companies are black? 5 out of 500. How many are women? 1 out of 500. How many are upper class white males from affluent backgrounds? 496 of 500. If racism doesn't exist anymore, is it because blacks and women are lazy? Too stupid to run a business? Or is it a colossal fluke that 97% of the wealthy and elite are white men?

Racism's alive and well. Step out of the comfort of white suburbia and take a look around, honky. Yeah, I called you honky.

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
Why is it suddenly as good as winning the lottery to elect someone because he's black?


Beeeeeecause black people have only had voting rights for around 50 years? Because they were owned as property about 200 years ago? Because the @#$%^$ KKK still exists, black people and women are still oppressed and the election of a black man is a positive step in the right direction towards judging people based on character and not factors determined before they were born?

ThinkingImpaired wrote:
It's the first thing out of anyone's mouth instead of any issues....


I refuse to believe that you actually said that.

Take a look at the last four months of this campaign. Obama's race and racial identity have been the only thing out of the McCain/Palin camp's mouths. Not the issues. His race.

Obama never once ran a commercial pointing out McCain was white, or that he was black. Did McCain, who you apparently are head over heels for, do the same? No, he spread lies and innuendo about Obama's race to try and discourage people from voting for him.

But I'm being too harsh. You've gotta be what, 14 or 15 years old? The most you know of politics or real life is what you've heard from your middle/upper class white family. One day you'll be out on your own, and maybe do some learning, and you'll realize that everything you've said here not only makes you look ridiculous, but damn near cheapens the civil rights movement with your pretend claims that everything's wonderful in rainbow land.

Beat it out of my thread, Junior, and come back when you've got some chest hair.
_________________
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Big Z
Undead!


Joined: 03 Feb 2005
Location: I AM THE HORDEZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


SRSLY.

Can we just stop now? Please? Everyone's getting WAY too bent out of shape about this whole situation. It's time for us to get back to having fun now, plz.
_________________

Flickr <> Big C's Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group