FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Virus!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Virus! Reply with quote

Well, I would like to say that I have no Idea how it happened, but my Tablet PC (my school Tablet), is so crippled by a virus as to make it more pathetic than a one legged dog trying to chase after cars.

So here's the moral of the story, if your going to use BitTorrents, virus check the file before you use it.

*Sigh* I'm gonna have a fun time explaining to tech support how my computer was downloading music onto itself... Embarassed

So have any of you ever had something like this happen to you? How did it turn out?
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least it's music, and not material of a more "questionable" nature.
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Zombiesoup64
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Questionable? Like certain economic salvation programs?

Wink

[quote="Rook"]Can they hire someone who can at least build a ship with a windshield. Idiots.
[/quote]
JSM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, I'm just hoping it does not come up. Luckily, I'm going to a LAN party tomorrow, so hopefully the assemblage of Computer Science and Network Security majors can help me out Wink .
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a Tablet PC for school. I haven't had to many problems, except last year I had a few problems with it syronizing onto our schools network and problems saving work. When I took it to my school Tech support, I ended up having around 300 pictures from my digital camera, which they weren't happy with. (It was pretty much all of my sisters, she just put them on my computer for some reason) I also had iTunes installed wrong, and I had GIMP on my computer, and tons of other programs. Schools don't like it when you overload your computer. Wink
JSM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota State University goes on a 2 year plan for tablets, for those two years, the tablet is yours, you can really do anything you want with it, and they replace it / fix it if it breaks. So I'm not to worried about having a virus on it as I am them wanting to know how I got the virus in the first place.

Yeah, I'm the kind of person who worries to much.

By the way, what Kind of tablet do you have? My personal ('Desktop') Tablet is a gateway, and this years freshmen got Fujitsu Tablets.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech Help Thread

That being said, I'd also like to take a moment to remind everyone that topics on file sharing and illegal downloads are against the CoC, and can result in bannination.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: