FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pet Peeves
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZombie2007
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Ok I am just making this thread to get a few things off my chest. I've just have had people annoying me with some of the pet peeves I have had. Like I have noticed everytime I get on a escalator no one is walking up or down. It dosn't make sense to me, you are suppost to walk so that it takes less time to get up or down a flight of stairs. I mean if you were to go down the stairs it would save the time, rathers than slowly asending or desending. Though some might have a peeve on people walkin on escalators.

Which brings me to my question do you have any pet peeves, and if so elaborate while not going into a rant or bashing others.

I just had to get that off my chest and now I feel a little bit better.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've got many, many. Most of the time I just ignore them, but yeah, there are some.

Let's see... people who can't grasp the basics of the English language, even though it's the only one they know.

People that replace words like are with r and you with u. THEY'RE THREE DAMN LETTERS EACH!

The fact that American sushi places in the midwest always put avocado in everything, because avocado is like the greasy discharge on taco night of the plant world.

People who complain about movies, shows, and music that is clearly not targeted at them. Read, Barney, Hanah Montana, or anything High School Musical. Seriously, if you're not an 8 year old girl, Disney is not targeting you.

Ads on the internet that get in the way of stuff I'm trying to read, resize my window, or play sound.

Hugh Grant.

People who hate a genre of music, but have clearly never heard it in anything but passing. Country and rap, specifically, but it applies across the board.

Republicans.

Candy Corn.

People who let their kids go nuts in public, scream and yell and say nothing, or play in the street. There are a few kids in my complex that are in serious need of some good, old-fashioned "bumper education" in that regard.

People who make a case for some cause or opinion without having done so much as a shred of looking into it, and what it means. Recycling for example... in some cases it's a good thing. In plenty of others, it's far more harmful than any sort of original manufacturing.

News reporting these days, that treat the dumbest things as news, and ignore most of the world.

Dark Ages beliefs that do not hold up in the modern world, and yet insist on messing up the lives of billions.

Oklahoma.

Fish Tacos.

Using the term "burger" in place of sandwich, when there's no dead cow involved. It's not a chicken burger, it's a chicken sandwich.

Internet drama.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with more if I put some thought into it.
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People with pet peeves.

Seriously though, most of mine line up with dWhisper's list, with a few exceptions (politicians instead of Republicans, for instance. Also, fish tacos is on the list twice).
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so very many... I doubt I can remember them all right now.

People who change lanes or turn without signalling.

People who sit in the left lane drive the same speed or slower than those in the right lane.

People who get in the left left-hand-turning lane and then immediately merge right after turning, or those who get in the right left-hand-turning lane and then immediately merge left after turning. Figure out which lane you want to be in after you turn, and GET IN THE APPROPRIATE LANE. It isn't hard.

Old people who feel that rush hour is the best time for them to go out and clog up the highways by driving 5 under the speed limit, which is more dangerous than those who drive 10 over, because then the normal people who drive the speed limit need to switch lanes into the fast lane just to get around them. OLD PEOPLE: If you need to go out, do it between the hours of 10 and 3 or after 7 PM and let us working stiffs get home in a reasonable amount of time.

People who live an hour or more from where they work. It just doesn't make sense to me. AT ALL. Housing prices aren't that different. If you can't afford a house close to where you work, then I don't understand how you can afford to pay $20+ for gas every other day.

People who drive trucks to the Office. Unless you are a construction worker or have a job that requires you to regularly haul stuff around, there is no reason to drive a truck in the city.

Road Rage? Never heard of it, but I digress.

Greedy People, don't get me wrong, I like nice things, but some people are just obnoxious.

Celebrities - get over yourself. Nobody cares.

Paparazzi - Is there really nothing better you could do with your life besides stalking people? Even people who toil away at a dead-end job are more productive than you.

Overly sensitive people. If you can't take a joke about yourself, then you have no right joking about others.

Political Ads - Very rarely do they tell me anything about the actual candidates. The only exception would be Al Franken's ad where he offered a retort to Norm Coleman attack ads by saying "Al Franken crashed these trains, caused this bridge to collapse... and he hates puppies!" That's the kind of candidate I can get behind, because if he hates puppies, there's no need to question him about his beliefs about terrorists.

Richard Dawkins - I don't care that he's an athiest. I'm all for the right to believe in whatever the heck you want to. But when he criticizes other religions for cramming their religion down other people's throats while simultaneously trying to cram atheism down mine - that, good sir, is called being a hypocrite.

Vegetarians - Meat is murder? Then veganism is downright genocide. I mean, by killing a single cow, I will be able to eat for days. Do you know how many wheat plants have to be killed just to produce a single slice of bread? Not only that, but you're ripping the baby seedlings right from their mother's womb. So apparantly, its ok to murder millions of unborn seedlings, but killing a single adult is murder. Yeah. Ok. (ironically, I'm pro-choice, but that's a whole 'nother sack of taters)

Girls - How the hell am I supposed to know what you want when you don't even know.

Guys - Wow, you drink beer, watch sports, and like action movies? That's so totally original. I wish there were more people like you.

Aliens - WTF is with the probes. Just kill us and be done with it. Or give us the tools for peace and teach us the meaning of life. Either way is good, really.

Zombies - Oh no, you're slowly ambling towards me making weird noises. Just like grandma. Surely my only hope for escape is to walk briskly in the other direction. Now "28 Days Later" zombies are a different story. I can walk briskly for hours, but can only sprint for a short period.

MTV - I believe that's an acronym for "Music Television." So how come there isn't any music on you?

Lifetime - I hate men, too (see above), but is there really a need to have a tv station dedicated to just that?

Sci-Fi Original Movies - Attack of the Giant Ants? Attack of the Giant Spiders? Attack of the Giant Snakes? Attack of the Giant Snakes on a Plane? OK, I made that last one up, but seriously, could your movies suck any more?

Spike TV - Fighting shows and a travesty of a videogame show awards. What's not to hate?

Game Console fanboys/fangirls - They're the scourge of the earth and give videogamers a bad name.

Microsoft - There are no words to describe my complete loathing of everything produced by this company, so I shall make one up: Hatridespisation. I could rant for hours here, but I won't.

There are many more, but I'll stop for now.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stupid chick who keeps calling my phone only to find it's still me and not whoever she was trying to reach in the first place.

Every other wrong number I've gotten that called me back.

My cat.

The weather, and people like me who complain about it.

Sarah McLachlan's In the Arms of Angels and the commercials that feature it.

Driving at sunrise or sunset.

Getting out of bed.

The guys at work that day after day ask me why I stay so late, knowing full well it's because I show up after 9am.

Getting daily credit card offers from Capitol One. "No Hassle" my ***.

Anyone that things talking loudly over their opponent is an acceptable debate tactic.

Minorities.

People who think I'm serious about that last one.

Single ply toilet paper.

Dead batteries.

Self described "carnivores" and "meatetarians."

Undercooked meat. (Medium != bloody)

Overcooked meat. (Well done != charred)

Small portions at restaurants.

About 90% of modern and postmodern art, and the people that dismiss opinions because I apparently "just don't get it."

All other motorists.

Acquired tastes.

"Feminism." I'm all for equality, but I think it's just a tad counterproductive to start off with such a biased phrase for it... not to mention the plethora of people that confuse the term with "a bunch of man hating lesbians."

Daylight savings.

My dependency on the internet.

The overuse "addiction" to describe obsessions.

Referring to alcoholism as a disease.

The English language as a whole.

Children.

Pets as fashion accessories.

Pets with fashion accessories.

Overpriced clothing.

Deep brand loyalty and corresponding fanboy wars.

Cutting edge technology I'll never own.

Fantastically exaggerated predictions of the near future.

Socks with holes in the toe.

The reverse placebo effect.

Perpetual optimists and pessimists.

The hollow go green movement, like buying brand new hybrids to save a few MPG while ignoring the enormous amount of waste generated from manufacturing a new car.

Our government.

24 news networks.

All the other TV channels I'll never watch but are packaged with the handful of decent ones.

Doing dishes.

Pushy religious folk.

Strangers talking to me about their political views.

The heavy bias against good sci fi films.

The MPAA and their ridiculously transparent rating bias.

Anti piracy ads.

DRM.

People who complain about big box stores but still shop at them.

Lame attempts to healthy up fast food.

All McDonalds advertising.

Toothpaste.

Accidental jabbing yourself in the gums while brushing your teeth in a groggy stupor.

Catliter.

Leaking faucets.

Out of square door frames.

Dust.

Forgetting you had something really good in the fridge until it spoils.

Thinking you have something good in the fridge only to find you it's already been eaten.

leaving the fridge or freezer door ajar a fraction of an inch so everything is nice an room temperature when you notice it later.

Burnt popcorn.

Hot Pockets.

Bottled water.

Hard ice cream.

Hearing a subtle but persistent beep every 6.23 minutes and not knowing what it's coming from until you have every electronic appliance unplugged and you're standing around with a twitchy eye waiting for the next taunting beep to track down the little electronic torture device obviously planted by some donkey, then realizing the smoke detector's battery just needs to be replaced.

Walking right past a sign you're looking for, then going an extra five blocks based on bad directions only to return to your original spot and realizing you just wasted a half an hour of your life.

Being belligerently wrong about seemingly trivial discussions.

My ever expanding ability to inject real word typos into my sentences rendering them failsome. Ask Paul.

Excessively long lists.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to copy Don on this one since I can't really think of any right now:

The idiot family that keeps calling my cell phone every couple months asking if I want to sell my house or if a "Jeff" is there. Seriously I've told you idiots literally 24 times now to stop calling my phone, no there is no "Jeff" here, no I do not want to sell my house because I do not own a house, wah wah wah I cussed at you and you didn't like it well too bad because I told you the same thing the last 23 times Mad
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I also forgot Junsier, Chewk, and Joedward in #fbtb.
ZombieWaldo
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the world.

That about covers all my peeves Laughing
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I forgot WickedGuitarSolo from #fbtb.

Wait, I never wrote a list. Well, here it is:

WickedGuitarSolo from #fbtb.
NinjaSolo from #fbtb.
Solo from #fbtb.
Zulu from #fbtb.
DinoSolo from #fbtb.
DonSolo from #fbtb.
ZomgSolo from #fbtb.
WtfSolo from #fbtb.
GuitarSolo from #fbtb.
NotSoWickedGuitarSolo from #fbtb.
CrappyGuitarSolo from #fbtb.

Aaaaand Clashy for not sending me my stuff. And the BL seller I just bought from, who still hasn't mailed my stuff a week after I paid. And people who don't send my stuff on time. Wait. Yeah, pretty much Clashy.

And the stupid biznatch who calls my cell at least 17 times a day. Why does it seem that all of us on FBTB have these bass turds calling our numbers even after we swear at them telling 'em they have the wrong guy. Weird... Laughing
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna' add "people who confuse me with Waldo while I'm in chat". to my list.

Y'know what? Probably most things on everyone else's lists too. I'm just tetchy and peevish lately.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The phone calls you get during the middle of the day, with "out of area" as the caller-id, and they tell you that they are from your city.....I've had many many abusive conversations with people...if you're gonna sell me something, sell it without lying to me. (and all this was without mentioning race or accents hehe)

2) people on the bus that insist on having the worst possible music playing at the loudest possible volume their phones can go.

3) people that use the excuse of "just because they can" for getting drunk. my father's an alcoholic, and its quite disrespectful to be rude about it to my face i feel.

4) people rude enough to blow cigarette smoke straight in your face. i punched a guy and sprayed my ventolin puffer in his face a few times, while screaming at him for it.

5) control freaks. get over it, we dont always get things just the way we want them.

6) thug'n'mole music. the music that really has no meaning, just swearing, a guy "singing" bout how much he wants to have sex with a girl, and the girls singing about something not even relevant, just so she can flaunt her body in the video clip. it's degrading to everyone.

7) people that fuel the careers of the above mentioned music "artists", by actually buying the cd's n going to the concerts. unfortunately this happens to be a vast majority of today's youth.

8. Christians that cannot practice what they preach. many times i have taken harsh lectures by the way i live my life, only to have the joyous opportunity to pull them up on it less than a month later.

9) customer service workers that have no skills what so ever in communicating clearly and confidently. it's always the most crucial part of any business, is communicating with the customer, that should be a proud and confident job, not a dazed and confused job.

wow I've listed a few Laughing

that's all for now,

AJay
JediMasterHalcyon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who go out of their way to critisize my being a vegetarian. I don't give them lectures about why I feel their diet is wrong, that would be rude. I expect the same treatment.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cigarettes flying out car windows.

Entropy.

People who file lawsuits over trivial issues.

People who abuse Internet anonymity.

People who do not have the skills necessary to drive, yet still drive.
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some good peeves in this thread; many of which I agree with, but I can live with. The pet peeve that makes my blood boil:

People who wear their pajamas when they go to the store.

I could understand if you see someone early in the morning with some toilet paper under their arm and they are in a hurry. When its three oclock in the afternoon, and you are in your flannel teddy bear print, and wearing pink dingy fuzzy slippers- there is just something inherently wrong with your personality. When I see that situation I just want to plant my foot in the offender's big welfare butt. The only thing worse is when its the whole family is dressed for bed. I rarely have to shop at Wal-mart, but when I do, Im guaranteed to see at least one of these retards in there, if not more.
The Department of Redundancy Department

Last edited by patientzombie on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- People who complain all the time, about nothing
- People who block the only escalators in the train station and you are in a hurry because the train is departing in 1 minute
- phone calls from people who do not let display their number (=> most times annoying salesmen, or such things)
- communists
- annyoing people who think they are the greatest and just decide to join the daily dog walkings from now on, without asking if it is okay.

FlickrBrickshelf
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi wrote:
- annyoing people who think they are the greatest and just decide to join the daily dog walkings from now on, without asking if it is okay.

You can tell everyone you're talking about me, Andi. It's OK. Wink
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:

Why do you think I talk about you?

FlickrBrickshelf
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
The stupid chick who keeps calling my phone only to find it's still me and not whoever she was trying to reach in the first place.

That's still happening???
Laughing

DonSolo wrote:
Joedward in #fbtb.

Razz I love you too Donald.

Several ones I would have listed already have been, but whatever...

Bus drivers

I hate my laziness, and unwillingness to do anything about it. Confused

Our LEGO prices compared to those in the US

Every American on this forum who complains about LEGO prices. I know full well why you guys get it cheaper, but hearing you guys complain is just a pain in my, and I'm sure most of the European/ Canadian and Australian crowds collective asses. ( I know there are others out there, but that's a tiny fraction compared.)

My foot

Gordon Brown

Speed cameras

Games that only let you install a certain amount of times

Newly bought DVDs that are already scratched

Seeing kids walking around with their trousers round their ankles

Daylight savings

Big Brother - never has there been a more pointless show

People playing loud music on the bus or the train

Bus drivers

Road works

Cold callers, recorder messages telling me I've won a cruise in the Med, pointless phone calls in general from people I don't know, calling about something I neither need, or want.

The nail on my middle finger on my right hand

The adds telling me piracy is a crime and all that. If I chose to get a pirated DVD, I wouldn't have that problem

Arrogant gits who think they're far superior to everyone else

Personalised number plates. i.e people who put BMW or R8 or whatever some where on their plates, as though it's cool

When I see an actor or actress in something, but can't remember what else I've seen them in, I'll spend hours sometimes thinking about it

New Facebook

Bus drivers

That's it for now, I might post again

GRRR

That pneumatic drill outside. Jesus that's annoying
JSM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to even try to list all mine, but here are a few:

-People who murder the english language
-Stupid people
-Those people who just don't know when to admit that they are wrong
-Mac / Apple
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:

The adds telling me piracy is a crime and all that. If I chose to get a pirated DVD, I wouldn't have that problem

Oh yeah, exactly!
I bought the DVD, so why do they annoy me with these weird ads?

FlickrBrickshelf
JSM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, you would think they would find a way to put these ads on BitTorrent sites.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Why do you think I talk about you?

It's a joke - you're in Europe and I'm way over here in the center of America, so it's not likely that I'm the one joining your walk. It's irony.

Just thought of another pet peeve of mine:

My penchant for trying to be funny through irony. Nobody ever gets the joke but me. So maybe I'm not so funny. Wink
DaZombie2007
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I read the not using one's turn signal is fricking annoying. I also have a peeve about what side of the sidewalk one should walk on. I hate how people walk on the left side of the street or if you live in Europe or pretty much any where else when people walk on the right side of the street. I mean do you drive in the wrong lane, no! I also think it is safer for the person who can't see the oncoming traffic to be a bit farther because you never know what can happen. What annoyes me even more is when a group of people walk down because they force you off the sdewalk. They can't simply be kind and give you space, and it is just rude. I hate it because it has the feeling that they are better than you and that everyone else should get out of their way when everyone has just as much right to be on the sidewalk, and it really drives me crazy when this happens on rainy days where if you step off yours shoes will be drenched in water.
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a few.. but I'll just post #1...

Drivers that CONSTANTLY speed up to next car, use brake, and repeat Nth time.

I HATE those drivers and usually try to distance myself away from them in any way. If I have to, I'll slow down and leave a large gap between that driver and myself.

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
JSM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVille2007 wrote:
What annoyes me even more is when a group of people walk down because they force you off the sdewalk. They can't simply be kind and give you space, and it is just rude. I hate it because it has the feeling that they are better than you and that everyone else should get out of their way when everyone has just as much right to be on the sidewalk, and it really drives me crazy when this happens on rainy days where if you step off yours shoes will be drenched in water.

Yup, the 'Human Wall' I really hate when that happens in a hallway. Usualy they walk really slow, so if your stuck behind them... late for that next class.

Last edited by JSM on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the note of people driving slow... people who decide to stop and congregate in the way of everyone else. Like say in a hallway, in front of cash registers, or in front of doors. I do believe it should be perfectly legal to punch someone for doing it.
JSM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legalized violence against annoyances. I'm all for it.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
On the note of people driving slow... people who decide to stop and congregate in the way of everyone else. Like say in a hallway, in front of cash registers, or in front of doors. I do believe it should be perfectly legal to punch someone for doing it.

This kills me. Every Saturday at the market, people run into friends amongst the stalls and just... stop. It's narrow enough as it is without all these clots of humans standing around chatting. I can't stand that.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a couple to list now... But I'll probably be back later!

One of them is when, and not everyone will be able to relate to this, you're walking in an open field (or anywhere, really,) and out of nowhere a single strand of spiderweb gets caught right across your face. Again, I might be the only person in the world who experiences this, but I still hate it with a passion.

Second one is, those people who wear pants so that you can see their underwear. Hm, wearing your dad's pants that he wore on Thanksgiving, from before he went on his diet... I'm surprised that was accepted as a fad... Mad

Proud member of the AFEC
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chavs, people who disagree with my taste in music (seriously, if you don't like it, I DON'T CARE, get over it and move on with your life!), arrogant people, slow walking people, 'fanboys', big-headed people, UK prices, UK release dates, and more. LOTS more. I get annoyed easily. Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: