FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK deals!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graemeozzel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: UK deals! Reply with quote

Just want to inform you all that woolworths have a 3 for 2 offer online they have got some of the Clone Wars sets in! plus extra 10% using the code: earlybird10 But be quick I think the offer ends Sunday 19th October.
Thanks
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, thanks for that. Now I can finally get thet droid gunship without it being so overpriced.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
Ooh, thanks for that. Now I can finally get thet droid gunship without it being so overpriced.

why not buy it from S@H ?

My Current Lego Collection (thanks Brickset!)
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

It does seem odd that Woolworth's basic price on the droid gunship is 10 more than S@H.

Boots had my money recently doing the same kind of deal and is still current.

With a little luck this latest one from Woolies will add a little more stock into circulation and drop the secondary market prices on some of the overpriced sets.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
Joedward wrote:

why not buy it from S@H ?

I would do, but now I can get 3 for 2 and 10% off. Razz
graemeozzel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bit of info!! just noticed that Toys R Us have the Twilight online at 49.99? nothing about on offer or anything: I will send a friend to the store to see if it's the same price!! (as he lives over the road)
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have the V-19 for 40
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post.

I officialy hate woolworths.co.uk. The site is evil. I've tried to order things at least 5 times now. None of them have gone through, none of them will deliver to me, no matter what type of delivery I choose, and it keeps crashing. GRRRR
bigospedros

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graemeozzel wrote:
Another bit of info!! just noticed that Toys R Us have the Twilight online at 49.99? nothing about on offer or anything: I will send a friend to the store to see if it's the same price!! (as he lives over the road)

interesting indeed ... I'm almost tempted at 50 but I need to shift my spare new RGS (7676) first!

graemeozzel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
Sorry to double post.

I officialy hate woolworths.co.uk. The site is evil. I've tried to order things at least 5 times now. None of them have gone through, none of them will deliver to me, no matter what type of delivery I choose, and it keeps crashing. GRRRR

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I can only say good things about Woolworths I ordered AT-TE 7675, Republic Gunship 7676 and Torrent 7674 store pick up AT-TE and Torrent I have already picked up!! still waiting on Gunship. I was a bit worried about the state of the boxes as last time I ordered from Woolworths they looked like a car had ran over them!! but this time Mint! lets hope the gunship is the same!
I think they are doing 3 for 2 in store as well at the moment!

Even More Info: The Mirror Newspaper is giving away Lego from Sat 18th Pick up at Woolworths!! Dont have any more info sorry!
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graemeozzel wrote:

Even More Info: The Mirror Newspaper is giving away Lego from Sat 18th Pick up at Woolworths!! Dont have any more info sorry!

Interesting!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/

I have to agree that WOolworths can be good. I ordered on line before Christmas last year and picked up the items in store. The boxes/items were perfect. However and like my own bad experience with Boots home delivery recently they were all just wrapped in black plastic. I think this kind of wrapping is asking for trouble when left to the care of third party carriers.
I wrote to Boots and suggested that they improve their service and use suitable boxes in the same manner as S@H or Amazon. They replied that they had passed the information to their carriers for action.

Dang... that Twilight offer is tempting. :/
graemeozzel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Max Rebo: I think I will be buying The Mirror for the next 12 days!!

Maybe that needs it's own thread??

I agree about the Twilight I think it will have to be a purchase!
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try Woolworths again some time. Tomorrow perhaps.

Max Rebo wrote:
graemeozzel wrote:

Interesting!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/

I'm looking forward to that, those sets just look so cute, and filled to the brim with different kinds of awesome.
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graemeozzel wrote:

The in store price is the same. I couldn't resist it.

Thats me done till the new year sales and the Death Star drops back to 200. Smile
bigospedros

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too bought the Twilight instore ... I'm still not sure if I want it, so it'll stay boxed and I may sell it later on.

I picked up a leaflet for a competition where you could win 1 of 12 brick built clone minifigs, via a prize draw. I would post details, but it does say you can only enter via the flyer, so you'll need a flyer to enter. One to look out for, I reckon.

Perhaps we UK folks should have 1 thread of UK deals, like there is for other territories ?

ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More details from the oblivious the Master
The Master wrote:
Hmm.......perhaps I'm getting too excited over this. Neutral
Oh, what the heck! Laughing Who cares?! Very Happy

Listen carefully my friends! Cool

Starting tomorrow (Saturday 18th October), the Daily Mirror and Sunday Mirror are giving away 12 FREE Lego toys - one each day! Very Happy

You can pick up the small sets each day from Woolworths and Early Learning Centre stores (Smyths toy stores in Northern Ireland and Ireland). If you don't want to collect them on the day, you can send away for them by post and get the whole set delivered before Christmas!

The Twelve Sets
1. Police Helicopter
2. Dozer
3. Fire Boat
4. Lion
5. Coastguard Bike
6. Triceratops
7. Racer Le Mans
8. Fire 4x4
9. Jet Plane
10. Bi Plane
11. Police Car
12. Whale

Further details can be found here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lego/
Have fun obtaining them! Smile
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Don, that really helps. Confused Before anyone PMs me, no I can't get all 12 sets for you and then post them to you in some far away land. Oh and for the record, I'm not oblivious (I just didn't know this was already being talked about, hidden away in another thread). I could tell you what I am, but you wouldn't like it at all. Very Happy Laughing You can trust me on that one. Wink
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Thankyou Don, that really helps.
No problem, it's what I'm here for! Very Happy
bigospedros

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this will be a bitter pill to swallow for those that bought Droid Gunships on the 3 for 2 deal.

I was in Woolies today, picking up my free Lego from The Mirror newspaper and I noticed that the Droid Gunship is now half price, at 17.95.

So, woulda been cheaper to buy in that deal than 3 for 2. Confused

If only the price Woolies charged was in line with S@H and the 50% off deal woulda been VERY good!

graemeozzel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
this will be a bitter pill to swallow for those that bought Droid Gunships on the 3 for 2 deal.

I was in Woolies today, picking up my free Lego from The Mirror newspaper and I noticed that the Droid Gunship is now half price, at 17.95.

So, woulda been cheaper to buy in that deal than 3 for 2. Confused

If only the price Woolies charged was in line with S@H and the 50% off deal woulda been VERY good!

Thanks for that i have just had a text of Woolies to say my Gunship is in store for pickup so hopefully pick a Droid Gunship up for half price!!
If anyone see's the Republic Fighter Tank Tesco exclusive on sale etc can they post it? thats the only current set I have never seen on sale or part of a deal?

I was also tempted with The Twilight good price at 50 for the size of the set!
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, I still can't place an order.
It gives me this message:

It is not possible to deliver with the chosen delivery method to the country specified. Please choose another delivery method.
Twice in a row, on the same page, one after t'other.

Can you guys think of any reason for this. Half the time it's before I've even selected a delivery method, and I don't know why it says "to the country specified" because it's the only one you're able to choose.

GGRRRRRRR
bigospedros

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a different browser ?

Even though they shouldn't, I find that some online stores seem to design their websites for best use with a certain browser (usually Internet Explorer) and if you try and use Firefox or something, it just falls over.

Max Rebo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward. I found the Woolworths site worked fine using Safari 3.1.2

bigospedros wrote:

Very cool.. thanks!
And good to see these sets becoming sensibly priced. These mid October deals from Woolies are becoming a regular event.

Btw Pete, after building the Twilight (Anakin's dustcart) I am still not sure it is good value even at that lower price. It is okay but needs a little customizing.
Maybe a good limited edition to keep unopened and stashed away.
Now if only Lego had popped an extra exclusive figure like Padme into it, added a few extras and finished off the inside...
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally worked, though I have to cycle about 10 miles there and back to collect from my now closest woolies. The one closest is closing down, I went there earlier, but before the sale it was still 35 and with half off they didn't have any. But half off confectionery is cool.
Point being, I finally got it half price. Woo Hoo. Go me

And maybe browser had something to do with it, not sure.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max Rebo wrote:

Btw Pete, after building the Twilight (Anakin's dustcart) I am still not sure it is good value even at that lower price. It is okay but needs a little customizing.
Now if only Lego had popped an extra exclusive figure like Padme into it, added a few extras and finished off the inside...

Mine is still in the box ... right now, I have nowhere to put it if I built it anyway, so no point opening it ! This helps in regards to the "keep it and hope it grows in value" thought Wink

graemeozzel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigospedros wrote:
Max Rebo wrote:

Mine is still in the box ... right now, I have nowhere to put it if I built it anyway, so no point opening it ! This helps in regards to the "keep it and hope it grows in value" thought Wink

I have noticed that the prices don't seem to be much different on e-bay etc if open as long as you still have the box instructions! what does everyone else think? saying that i'm not opening my Mirror sets?
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graemeozzel wrote:
bigospedros wrote:
Max Rebo wrote:

I have noticed that the prices don't seem to be much different on e-bay etc if open as long as you still have the box instructions! what does everyone else think? saying that i'm not opening my Mirror sets?

If talking about the Twilight.. I doubt there have been that many used sets up for sale yet to make the comparison. However as a generalization unopened or new sets will always fetch the best resale value.
bigospedros

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

especially if the set is discontinued ...

bigospedros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw ... Argos have knocked 25% off Star Wars Toys at the moment. I think the offer is valid for a week. It applies to Lego also ... 59.99 for a Republic Attach Gunship is pretty damn good.

Still, assuming I sell my duplicate then the 3 for 2 from boots will be better anyway.

Max Rebo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boots deal was a good one!
Competition between retailers is really hotting up. Argos have posted the best price I have seen for the AT-AT yet.

I still think these high street prices are approaching what they should have been in the first place tho. Smile I wonder what the typical mark up is on them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: