FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Droid Gunship - Any good?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Droid Gunship - Any good? Reply with quote

After building my republic gunship ( anice build, btw:I mad a few modifiactions) and displaying it, I'm looking for a seperast ship to put along side it.

I'm going shopping soon to my local Woolworths. I know they have the droid gunship for 40.00.

Is it any good? Is it worth this much? Does it have good peices and a nice build? Is the drod gunship the one I should have?

If not, are there any better options?
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yes it is worth buying, but its quite small next to the republic gunship....
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Droid Gunship - Any good? Reply with quote

Dalek Cann wrote:
Is it any good? Is it worth this much? Does it have good peices and a nice build? Is the drod gunship the one I should have?

Yes, yes, yes (if you're into dark blue and light bley), yes. Pick up the Homing Spider Droid too, if you don't already have it. Both awesome sets.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local Woolworths is selling it for 35. both that price, and your price, are crap.
The set retails for 25 on LEGO S@H, so even with postage it just reaches over 30. I'd say wait, or look for it elsewhere.
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I plan on getting the homing droid, but am still not sold on the gunship.

Maybe I'll just make a whole load of tri-droids and walkers to go with iit.

Edit: Does anyone have a scanned copy of the trifighter/walker instructions which I can use as a basis.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the DGS. It is a very nice, and simple build, for $30.

Its more accurate to how it appears in Ep 3, rather than a cartoon version.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
but its quite small next to the republic gunship....

Indeed!

Blacknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay - the droid gunship saves space because it is piloted by a computer rather than two clones, and it is purely an attack ship like an Apache helicopter, not trying to double as a troop transport like the Russian Hind.
hatcher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this for what seems like months and I still can't decide if I like it or hate it. It looks like a cross between the USS Enterprise and a Cylon raider to me. It has lots of great parts though, so even if I decide in the end that I hate it, it still will be useful to me. It does have some neat little features for playability, such as the way it drops bombs, and as mentioned it does have a lot of nice blue pieces. So, if you are a comnpletist, go ahead and get it, even if you only end up using it for your MOCS.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: