FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: The Clone Wars TV Series Thread Reply with quote

Alright, the series has now begun, and it should answer alot of questions for some people. So here is the place to talk about it all. Note, there will be spoilers for the episodes, so keep that in mind while reading.

Last edited by thrasher zombie on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a site listing all the show times. I probably missed Canada's show time. Confused

DeviantART|Brickshelf
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cartoon Network's site might, but I'm not sure.

So I just saw the two espisodes, and they were pretty good.
Spoilers...

The first had to do with Yoda trying to get an alliance with a moon, and the seperatists trying to stop him by giving a challenge that the droids could defeat Yoda. Obviously, Yoda wins. It was cool because it was Yoda, and a small group of 3 clones, and they all have there own personalities, which I really like. The episode was pretty good, but those droids, *sigh* they are still so corny...

The second episode with Plo Koon was very good. When they were trapped in space, and the droid was coming around destroying each pod at a time, you didn't know which was next. I liked that suspensful feeling and that they were basically just waiting to die, but the Anakin comes and saves the day. I liked the whole thing at the end when the droid gave away there signal, a well put together episode.

But anyway, there were alot of cons to this. The droids for one, and it just seemed so stale to me, everything seemed so life less, and the battles were pretty slow. They definatly have alot to improve on, and lets hope they take this opportunity to make it better while they have the chance. But you have to remember, its aimed at young kids, so what we want, we probally wont get Confused

And lastly, when they had a preview of episodes to come, saddly, I saw before my eyes, *gulp* Jar Jar Binks. Why George, why. The series had something going for it to, but hopefully we wont see him very long Wink

Last edited by thrasher zombie on Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sucked.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Ok, now WHY in all that is holy would he do that?! Has he gone slightly more off his rocker?! Nothing is sacrade anymore.

And any Canadian's out there know what channel we will get it on, since we don't all have Cartoon Network. I think someone said it was CTV.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that they were both good episodes. The droids still don't bother me; the super battle droids were a lot better than in the prequels. And it was nice to see that other jedi, besides Anakin and Obi-Wan do something in this war. Definitely worth watching!
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the first episode, mainly because it didn't have *sighs* "Skyguy" and "Snips". I thought it was cool how it completely focused on Yoda and the clones. The second one was pretty good until Anakin came in.

Will? Mr. Smith? I'VE BEEN DESTROYED!!!!
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the movie yet (am waiting for the $1 Redbox DVD release) so I didn't really have any expectations. I really enjoyed them. Like others have mentioned, the first episode was good because it really spotlighted Yoda-- and not just the stern, brooding one from episodes II and III. There were several moments, when he did his little chuckle to himself, that he really came across as the character from ESB. I liked that.

The second was fine as well; I was half-expecting the super weapon to be the Death Star and was pleased that it was something much smaller but still something we grow to associate with Star Wars, especially during the opening parts of ESB. That was neat-- like seeing a character for the first time and looking forward to their story except this time, it's a piece of technology. Speaking of... One of the things I'm looking forward to is the suspense. For the main characters, there's not a ton of suspense because you have episodes three, four, five, and six telling you that they'll still be alive and kicking (like Obi-wan). There are plenty of characters that have been or will be introduced in this series that don't show up in the later ones. That breaks away from the "we know they'll be fine because they're the heroes" baggage and can make for some interesting storylines.

All in all, I thought they were really well done and possibly even captured the spirit of SW much better than the prior non-CG animated series.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STUPID DVR! What the heck is wrong with my DVR!

It recorded the first one not the second one. But now I'm recording the second one. The first one was pretty good. I liked the focus on the Clones and Yoda rather than Skyguy, Snips, and... er... I guess they haven't come up with a stupid cutsie knickname for Obi yet, have they?
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one wasn't amazing, but still entertaining. I didn't even finish watching the second one. Was just to cheesy.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we all hate Jar Jar, but I think it is to show Jar Jar is gaining maturity.

In Ep 1, he was a clumsy fool. But as we saw in Ep 2, he was a diplomat for Naboo, serving along side Padme in the Senate.

He's not entirely the same idiot we saw him as in Ep 1.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:
I know we all hate Jar Jar, but I think it is to show Jar Jar is gaining maturity.

In Ep 1, he was a clumsy fool. But as we saw in Ep 2, he was a diplomat for Naboo, serving along side Padme in the Senate.

He's not entirely the same idiot we saw him as in Ep 1.

But....he's Jar-Jar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked it quite a bit. I enjoy the clones more than anything and getting to see the other Jedi rather than it be all about Movie Heroes.

Most of my thoughts reflect those of the rest of you.

However cheesy it may be I do like the beginning narrative done in a news bulletin style. Reminds me of Starship Troopers. hehe

Max Rebo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 22 minute episodes the newsreel style prologue works well to get the story up and running.

I enjoyed both episodes although preferred the first with Yoda and the fast moving action sequences. The Anakin/Ashoka dialogue is a bit annoying but doesn't really distract from the overall enjoyment.

All in all a great start. Smile
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite enjoyed both episodes, though i must admit, its going to get quite annoying waiting for these to come out in Australia (If at all mind you), for now i've had to settle on a couple of Torrent files.

but anyway yeah, i do believe this series can go some places, and my gosh i loved the idea of bringing in that Ion cannon....its just another testament to the development and linking to the old trilogy.

also love the dialogue between the clones and the jedi, and the obvious bonding that they show throughout...kinda stumped me when yoda was talking directly to Thire, seeing he is the one "searching for yoda's body" after the conflict with Yoda and Palpatine in RotS.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
And any Canadian's out there know what channel we will get it on, since we don't all have Cartoon Network. I think someone said it was CTV.

It was on CTV tonight at 7pm. Also apparently on Space network on Friday but I don't get that channel.

I thought the first episode was very good. The graphics (especially the clones) are nicely done. I liked seeing Watto's species and Yoda's talk in the cave was good. I also liked when the birds landed beside him. The downsides were that the story was pretty weak and the droids talk too much and most of their humor falls flat.

The second episode with Plo Koon was even better. It was actually even kind of scary, I mean as scary as a PG cartoon can be. Very nicely done.

You can watch the first two episodes commercial free here on: Veoh but the audio sync is a tiny bit off and the ads on the right can be annoying if they start beeping: (I guess I'm allowed to post this).
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. I just found out you'll be able to see the 2 most current episodes on Star Wars.com starting on Friday: http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=243&itemid=11365
legomd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool that this will be available on starwars.com. I know some people are not exactly thrilled with this series, but I for one am enjoying it very much. I love that there is some story about the actual clones. And at the very least, it still is Star Wars. This series is going to give Lego plenty of fodder for future sets.

We never really got to see many Jedi in action in the prequels except for a few scenes. I thought Yoda was awesome in the first episode. Plus, Plo Koon got some screen time in the second. This series has some promise. I would love to see Kit Fisto, Aayla, and Shaak Ti in future episodes.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Kit Fisto is in the next episode in some mission against Greivous. And all the other jedi will for sure make an appearence sometime or another.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

legomd wrote:
Very cool that this will be available on starwars.com

The only downside is, they will not keep a backlog of episodes, only the 2 most recent.
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thrasher wrote:
I'm pretty sure Kit Fisto is in the next episode in some mission against Greivous. And all the other jedi will for sure make an appearence sometime or another.

No, actually, it's another Malevolence-related episode. That one is something like the 10th. Mad
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who don't know the first two episodes plus a special behind the scenes episode are available on iTunes store.

They were really good especially the first one. Much better than the Movie in my opinion.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got a pic of JarJar?
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just finished watching the Ambush episode on Starwars.com. What really peeved me more than anything else was that the Battle Droids sound like Steve Urkel. Mad It's nice to have more Star Wars stuff to watch, I guess, but... I guess I'll just have to wait and see before coming to a conclusive judgement.

Proud member of the AFEC
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen all three episodes so far but I never went to the movie theater to see the film. I'm glad we now are able to see Plo Koon on the screen in one form or another besides a few seconds here or there in the prequel trilogy. The same goes for characters such as Grevious who still remains a little ambiguous despite being in the original CW cartoon and the third prequel. I'm actually dissapointed that I didn't go to the theaters to see the film now but being on here a few times a week during the summer involved me learning of much of the plot despite staying away from spoilers!

I hope LEGO's sales go up with the new show and their new CW sets!
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new show is really growing on me. I was one of those who were against the new movie since I loved the original CW series so much. But I find myself looking forward to each new episode.

Plus I love ship-to-ship battles and we didn't get a lot of that in the prequels but do in this new series.

TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three still, right. I'm making sure I've seen them all. Yeah, they're awesome. I got my DVR to work (YAY!). I still flinch whenever I hear "Skyguy" or "Snips," though.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the movie, but I've seen the first 3 episodes. The ships are neat. That's the most positive thing I think I can say about it.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved the shadow of malevolance episode (3rd one)....but my gosh with all the rumours and stuff, that republic y-wing is screaming for a released set version no?

i can't wait for the 4th one!
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all right so far, everytime the Clones come on and start fighting or there's dogfights, it's cool. Everytime Anakin and Ahsoka talk, it's bad. As long as I keep ignoring them, I can watch the show without any problems.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14
Jump to: