FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually the four copies i have downloaded, whilst they are obviously just dubbed straight from cartoon network, the quality is fairly good, i've played them on my tv screen, with no complain.
Inzane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have to actually admit that I've enjoyed the first 3 episodes of this new series so far.

I too strongly dislike the droid dialog. The pitch of their voices is cringe-inducing and the attempted humor is ridiculous.

However one moment I did think was funny was when in episode 2 Grievous smacks one of his bridge officer droids and Dooku gives him crap "Those droids are expensive!". I Laughing at that.
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was funny when Grievous got off the weird train in the hangar and in the background you can hear an announcement "mind the gap" Laughing just like on the trains in the London Underground.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe. Yeah I caught that too.

Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOM-9 wrote:
I thought it was funny when Grievous got off the weird train in the hangar and in the background you can hear an announcement "mind the gap" Laughing just like on the trains in the London Underground.

Which episode was that... the 4th? (I've only seen the first 3 so far)
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inzane wrote:
OOM-9 wrote:

Which episode was that... the 4th? (I've only seen the first 3 so far)

Yes, it was the 4th episode. Much Laughing from me.
RoflWafls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this is just my opinion, but I find it just a cheap way for Lucas to keep milkin' the Star Wars cow..... But I still haven't seen an episode, so I'll try to watch one and see what I think.
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am as cynical as the next guy but I have watched every episode and feel that this latest adventure in the George Lucas story is a big hit. The artwork and screenplay are well crafted. It certainly appeals to my 7 year old son who is probably better placed within its target audience than myself! The droid 'slapstick' humour certainly appeals to him (such as the droid dangling on the end of a fire hose in S1 Ep4).

Wiki provides some numbers;

"Star Wars: The Clone Wars" became the Cartoon Network most-watched series premiere ever. The computer-animated series, from Lucasfilm Animation, averaged 4 million total viewers in its debut, according to Nielsen Media Research. Cartoon Network said the Star Wars spin off ranked as the number one channel among all major kids networks in the time slot among total viewers as well as in the key youth demographics of kids 2-11 (1.8 million), kids 6-11 (1.4 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.2 million, the largest in the demographic for any premiere telecast of an original Cartoon series)

If I recall correctly Lucas is also planning a soap style SW series aimed more towards adult viewing. Now that will be a challenge to please the critics!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, live-action is gonna require the same attention the movies got. Special effects, locations, etc.
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoflWafls wrote:
Now this is just my opinion, but I find it just a cheap way for Lucas to keep milkin' the Star Wars cow.....

There are much cheaper ways of milkin'. At least this TV series is something new...

Remember the "limited edition" release of the original OT movies in September 2006? The ones that Lucas himself was going to pull off the shelves come December 31st, never to be seen again...

Well they're back, and in a box set at last. Calling all cows, queue up for milking, please...

And that "limited" 2006 release is also still in stock. What a surprise. Rolling Eyes
blackninjatom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I be the first to say, I thought this episode was great. By far the best so far, and will be tough to beat for the rest of the season. The limited jedi appearances, zero of a certain padawan, and minimal droid mess ups really made this one enjoyable. I am really pleased by how they have portrayed the clones (kinda takes off the republic commando series). Cool

So far in this series, clones=good (and less eye rolling),
Blackninjatom
Commando_Scorch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about the series that I really like is the clones. They are awesome and I also really like Yoda. He is portrayed well and I don't just mean the voice. His whole attitude, lines, and laughs really fit the character we know from the movies. In Ambush, I was thinking that that was really how Yoda should be portrayed. Plo Koon is also portrayed well and has no stupid lines. (Although we don't know much about him from the movies.) But, the droids really annoy me when they do stupid stuff and I really don't like Asoka and Anakin. Obi-Wan is pretty close to the movie character in his lines and actions. Just my opinion so far.

><>
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because of all the characters in this cartoon I probably like Obi-wan the least. There's something about his plastic beard and somewhat arrogant attitude that doesn't sit well with me. Which is funny because I really liked when Obi-Wan was cocky in Revenge of the Sith. Something doesn't translate in cartoon form though. I think it's the eyes (and the beard).

Padme, is well Padme. As stilted and lifeless as she was in the real life movies. But at least the cartoon version has the excuse that her animation is modelled after the old Thunderbird TV show. Her face is shaped funny though. Confused
C3PO is as fruity as ever.
PIG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest episode was awesome.

Really loved seeing Cody and Rex fighting together.

and how about those SHADOW DROIDS ?!?!?!?!?
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIG wrote:
The newest episode was awesome.

Really loved seeing Cody and Rex fighting together.

and how about those SHADOW DROIDS ?!?!?!?!?

I really liked it. I thought the story was great for this episode, as well as the one's before it. And yes, Commanders Cody and Rex were awesome.
Max Rebo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great episode! Maybe even better than the CW movie. Smile
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im rather peeved that its now sunday morning in Aus, and there still isnt any sign of it on the torrent sites...with every one of the other episodes, i had them at the absolute latest by saturday night.

i know i know, patience is not my strong point...but i just hate sittin here watchin you guys discuss something like its the best thing since sliced bread, and me getting increasingly frustrated because i havent seen it yet... Laughing

AJay
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked last nights episode. They weren't afraid to show the severity of the situation the clones were in. One being impaled from multiple blasts that were up close, and another being devoured alive. The clones even let out a curse now and then.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
... getting increasingly frustrated because i havent seen it yet... Laughing

AJay

Sure.. and with potential spoilers surfacing. But worth the wait..Smile Check your pm.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers heaps dude! funny thing is i'll have it fully downloaded, just when my girlfriend arrives here in a coupla hours....oh the irony.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for those of us a week behind, but who else thought the "destruction" of the Malevolence was kind of weak? Unlike most over-the-top Star Wars explosions it just sort of let out a little flash when it hit the moon. I thought it was kind of anti-climactic anyway. Makes me wonder whether the Malevolence will rise again in some expanded universe story, perhaps in the post-empire era, since we technically didn't see it get "destroyed" in true Star Wars fashion - it may have just crash landed on that moon.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
Remember the "limited edition" release of the original OT movies in September 2006? The ones that Lucas himself was going to pull off the shelves come December 31st, never to be seen again...

Well they're back.....

They were never gone in the UK. Neutral There's such a wodge of them still left on the shelves, Lucas should've cut the release quantity by 50,000 copies so it actually was "Limited Edition". They'll never shift the spare stock. Rolling Eyes

While I'm here, have you lot seen the Prequel Trilogy box? The starfighters pictured on it try to make the films look good. Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Prequel-Trilogy-McGregor/dp/B001EN71DQ/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I just saw the 3rd episode, and... I know this was already said here, but I have to say... I'm really getting tired of the re-hashed lines. I mean, IMO, homage is cool, but only if it's subtle and not used every 10 minutes! But the Y-Wings are pretty cool, though. I like how the engine armor is still on, as opposed to stripped off like the rebel ones. And, of course, the bubble turrets are awesome. No idea when I'll get around to seeing the next episode, though. Probably whenever the next insomnia-filled night I have is. (A.K.A, tomorrow.)

Proud member of the AFEC
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something I don't understand. Why is it everytime we seem a Seperatist fleet in an episode, it is all Banking Clan Frigates.

I liked the original Clone Wars depiction of a fleet, which were mainly Providence-class destroyer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did have some of the Trade-Fed Blockade ships as well in this last episode.

But over all I think it's easier on the animators to use the same things over and over.

Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but how about a ship we are more familiar with, like the Invisible Hand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Invisible Hand would make an appearance towards the end of the series i would think....leading into revenge of the sith. but hey come on, we're only 5 episodes in, give them time....i thought the Malevolance was brilliant.

There hasn't really been any huge space battles that have called for a full separatist fleet yet, its only been small frigates firing on small transport vessels, or the republic fleet vs the Malevolance.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but the Banking Clan frigates still bug me.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series seems to be heading in the right direction, atleast from the newest episode, Rookies. That was a great episode. I really like seeing how the clones interact with each other, and aren't just faceless soldiers, but really have personalities. And since this episode didn't have Ashoka, it gets a cookie...But the next one does. I might need that back...
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a preview for the next one then? Link please...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14
Jump to: