FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to watch it in about an hour, because I'm on Pacific time here in California. So this was a good episode, I take it?
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain Eater wrote:
I get to watch it in about an hour, because I'm on Pacific time here in California. So this was a good episode, I take it?

Heh I'm in California as well (DirectTV FTW!) and yeah it wasn't too bad, nice amount of action in it.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't actually annoyed by the lemur people this time round. Just the old guy, and even he was tolerable.

The next episode looks reeeeally promising. I hope it lives up to my expectations. Especially because there appears to be more than just a mini-squad of troopers, so hopefully they don't all die...once again.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get to watch Defenders of peace in an 1hour and 10 minutes. Damn the suspense of waiting is driving me mad!

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get to watch it in another 3 minutes Very Happy

AJay
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought last nights episode was pretty good. Like some of you have already siad, there was a decent amount of action that took place. The separatist general however was really anoying in my opinion. He just seemed really stupid...that was my first impression. Anyways, besides that, I enjoyed the episode. Next week's episode looks great in my opinion as well, so I'm looking forward to that Very Happy .
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else notice that the CIS General's name was Lott Dod? I thought he died when the Control Ship was destroyed over Naboo.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombieknight56 wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the CIS General's name was Lott Dod? I thought he died when the Control Ship was destroyed over Naboo.

Actually his name was Lok Durd. Razz But yes, Lott Dod did die in TPM.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zombly42 wrote:
But yes, Lott Dod did die in TPM.

That was Daultay Dofine. Lott Dod was the Neimoidian Senator, and wasn't involved in any of the battles.

Brickshelf
djmangunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next weeks episode looks like the crown jewel in season one. A Hoth-like planet WITH Bacara, BARC speeders, Skywalker and Kenobi wearing basically the same outfits that Luke and Han wore on Hoth and gunships in action? I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. Very Happy
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for next weeks either. Finally, a change in clone armour.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah next weeks is looking good. Cool
djmangunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombieknight56 wrote:
I can't wait for next weeks either. Finally, a change in clone armour.

Yeah, those snowtroopers are looking good. I just want to see some of those scouts. Those are some sweet looking clones.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defenders of Peace was quite a good episode. It wasn't as clear cut against the Lemur's pacifism as I feared it was building to be. It kind of left the question open-ended at the end which was good.

Next week's episode looks amazing. Beyond the cool (pun) ice planet we get new cold weather clone armor that looks to be inspired by some of the old McQuarrie concept drawings for Snowtroopers down for ESB. Looks awesome. And best of all, by far, Muftak's species gets a showing! Muftak rocks, he's better than Chewie.

The series is back on track again, thankfully.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually skipped the last episode for sheer not-being-able-to-stand-various-qualities-about-Aayla and sheer not-being-able-to-stand-lemur-peace-niks. Next one looks neat though; saw the trailer online; Talz FTW! Very Happy
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Blacknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do FTW.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight's episode sucked hard, plain and simple. Next weeks however looks interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight, what channel is it on in Canada because I've missed the past few
0ceanZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it was that bad but it was kinda boring,

hopefully next weeks will be a lot better.
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't too bad at all but for Mr. arrogant power hungry aristocrat, and little princess Senator making a speech at the end. Rolling Eyes

Otherwise the clone action was awesome, the clone carnage was there(11 clones died), but Rex's pwningness made up for it. Jeez, the guy's a BEAST!

I just wish they'd show off more clones, as in commandos or ARCs.

Next episode looks VERY promising; looks almost straight out of a Tom Clancy book!
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
liquidcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this portrayal of the Talz might mess with continuity a bit.

Brickshelf
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Rex based on the fact that he's only on the show to replace Alpha from Dark Horse's comics. Rex looks like Alpha and fills the same role anyway, so the idea of replacing him seems pointless to me.

But yeah, I thought tonight's episode was dissapointing. Perhaps I was expecting too much. The next episode, Hidden Enemy, looks great though.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayfoZombie wrote:
I don't like Rex based on the fact that he's only on the show to replace Alpha from Dark Horse's comics. Rex looks like Alpha and fills the same role anyway, so the idea of replacing him seems pointless to me.

But yeah, I thought tonight's episode was dissapointing. Perhaps I was expecting too much. The next episode, Hidden Enemy, looks great though.

As a matter of fact that's true. Alpha would've been a lot better, and him performing amazing feats would make more sense as he's an Alpha ARC(THE Alpha ARC technically Razz ), and I'd love to see the Westar rifle in action.

liquidcross wrote:

Aye, they're from Alzoc III, aren't they?
liquidcross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:

liquidcross wrote:

Yep. And Obi-Wan clearly stated in last night's episode that the Talz weren't advanced enough to have space travel capability. Not to mention that there's a Talz Jedi Master (Foul Moudama) serving on Coruscant less than three years after this episode. Either he was super-strong in the Force and a very fast learner, or something's wrong in Continuity Land. Sad

Brickshelf
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it. I missed last night's episode. I guess I'll have to catch the next showing on Sunday...but it doesn't sound like I missed anything amazing.
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually liked it. Somewhat of a letdown, but mostly good.

We finally see a large complement of shinies, and though there was a huge death count for them, that was only a fraction of the number in the episode. We seem some death to powerful military leaders who deserved to die, and we see Talz, what could be more fun?

I want to add one comment to the episode from last week, the conclusion to the lemur episode--if the Republic fleet was following the last hyperspace coordinates set by the cruiser carrying the Jedi, wouldn't they have ended up coming out of travel right next to the star, just like the cruiser? And being huge and cumbersome, wouldn't the Venators have been unable to maneuver out of the path of the star and gotten fried? Laughing
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcross wrote:
ZombieEighty-Oh wrote:

liquidcross wrote:

Yep. And Obi-Wan clearly stated in last night's episode that the Talz weren't advanced enough to have space travel capability. Not to mention that there's a Talz Jedi Master (Foul Moudama) serving on Coruscant less than three years after this episode. Either he was super-strong in the Force and a very fast learner, or something's wrong in Continuity Land. Sad

Yeah; it's not like Lucas cares. Sad
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Star Wars, it doesn't have to make sense.

(plus if you think that doesn't make sense, maybe you should watch some of the movies again, theres alot of things that shouldn't happen or work. Wink )

DeviantART|Brickshelf
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcross wrote:

Or, it could just be that the Talz on Alzoc III are more advanced than their counterparts on Orto Plutonia and are a more developed civilization, thus not messing with continuity in the slightest.*

*Doesn't include an explanation of how Talz got to Orto Plutonia. Wink
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jettbacca Zombie wrote:
Blacknight, what channel is it on in Canada because I've missed the past few

They're on CTV on Sundays and also sometimes on CTV's website. But they're behind on showing them and since the beginning I've been downloading commercial free ones off the net before they even air in Canada. PM me if you want a link.

In terms of this week's episode, I don't know why you guys are down on it. I thought it was a superb episode, easily among the top ones so far. I mean what was not to love: Talz in all their awesome glory, a nicely rendered ice planet that was shades of ESB, wicked clone armor, no Ashoka, and an important message for our world about colonialism/imperialism and aboriginal issues. And it showed the Jedi being what I always thought they were supposed to be - peacekeepers, and in doing so explained why Grievous calls Obi-Wan "the Negotiator" in RotS. It was just a great episode.

It was talky in parts yes, but that gave it a bit more grown-up feeling than some of the more childish episodes we've had to watch. I do acknowledge it ran roughshod over the continuity of the Talz, but who cares unless you worry terribly about what it says in EU sourcebooks or are a big fan of the first cartoon series (in terms of the Foul Modama issue)? Long before this episode the Tartakovsky cartoons were on their way to being relegated to 2nd-class EU. I mean Grievous coughed from the start here, there are no ARC troopers in every battle, etc. The depiction of the Talz here made for a good story so it was worth violating some of the other EU IMO. If you see this episode as a commentary on first contact of aboriginal cultures in real human history, it creates an interesting comment about the real world outcome, when 20+ years later we see Muftak trying to drown his troubles away with alcohol in the Cantina in ANH.

A bigger continuity question, because it affects the internal continuity of this series, is why is the next episode clearly set on Christophsis again when the Republic already won this planet in the Clone Wars movie (i.e. the "first" episode)? Not only that, with the same combination of characters (Anakin, Obi, Rex and Cody). I'm starting to think that the air dates for the episodes may be different than their actual chronological order, hence next week's episode is actually a prequel to the movie, and this would also explain for example why Anakin criticizes Ahsoka's piloting skills early in this series before she's ever seen piloting anything...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: