FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commanderbly42 wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
And I'm quite tired of all these Spanish and Puerto Rican and Carribbean and Moroccan etc. voices... At least they should stop here, and at least they didn't give one to Plo Koon.

It would be worse if you had all of these different aliens with all American accents. Personally, I like the diversification of it.

Sure, but so many voices get confusing. I just wish they could give them normal voices, only different, but not accented.

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
Gee, three clones, Cameron, Lucky, and Flash, go down and you don't raise a finger.

I'm sure that they'd have loved to hold a nice long funeral service for them but being on a remote world does things to your priorities. Razz If they were to seriously start caring about clones dying, all you'd have is a bunch of vengeance-seeking aliens and men in white armour. Wink

I just think the Jedi order is corrupted; they seem to care so much about 'civilians', and stop at nothing to protect them no matter how many clones die. It just seems unfair to all the lives they've let slip through their fingers. Of all the Jedi who have fought with clones I'd say only K'Krukh really came through on the right side.

Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
djmangunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST.EPISODE.EVER. Shocked

yet....
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would put the latest episode #2 below "Rookies". The begining was awesome and I hope we see larger battles like that in later episodes. That droid commander at the begining kinda creeped me out! Shocked Maybe its just the voice.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping that droid becomes a new secondary antagonist. The show needs more secondary villains - Durge and perhaps an episode with a certain Fett?

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we do. I mean I'm glad we see more of Grevious but now I'm getting tired of seeing him in a battle in nearly every episode. We all know he'll just chicken out and escape in his starfighter at the climax of the battle. So yes we need some new villains. Hmm a certain Fett sounds good. Wink

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
djmangunz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Here's hoping that droid becomes a new secondary antagonist. The show needs more secondary villains - Durge and perhaps an episode with a certain Fett?

Agreed! Bring on Durge and young Fett.
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been avoiding both The Clone Wars movie and TV series...
When I think of the reasons why it doesn't appeal to me, I think it's the story itself. It's almost too alternative universe to me. A preteen Youngling following Anakin around seems off. I don't know. Am I wrong?

『 <3 』
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, but doesn't a pre-teen Anakin living on the same planet as Luke did being rescued seem a bit alternate universy?

zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, because it makes sense that Luke ended up on Anakin's home planet. Anakin's relatives lived on Tatooine, so it was natural to take Luke to his aunt and uncle.

『 <3 』
liquidcross

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nacho wrote:
Not really, because it makes sense that Luke ended up on Anakin's home planet. Anakin's relatives lived on Tatooine, so it was natural to take Luke to his aunt and uncle.

I always figured they dumped Luke there because Anakin's memories of Tatooine were so unpleasant, that they assumed (correctly) that he'd never want to set foot on that planet again.

Brickshelf
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess TCW is a little AU in some respects, but that doesn't mean you can't still attempt to enjoy it regardless, like some of us. The first part of Jedi Crash, for example, is a lesson in concentrated win. Wink

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twas indeed. Also, return of the original CW Jet-Droids.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay - I'm not the only Brit who watches it. Very Happy

ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:

Eh? Since when were there SBDs with jetpacks in the original CW? *patiently awaits video proving me wrong*
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Blacknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As pretty much everyone has said, this week's episode was a welcome return to form for a series in desperate need of resuscitation. It was one of my favourites. Finally we have an epic battle again and it was spectacular! First time in Star Wars where we've watched an aerial battle set against a blue sky. Gave it a WW2 feel, which is most welcome. And we finally have a case where it was okay physics-wise to show burning flames on the ships (which should not be there in space) - oh and sound too!

One of the dumb things I noticed was all the vulture droids flying around. I thought they wouldn't be able to fly in the lower atmosphere like that (because they lack true wings) - otherwise why didn't they swoop in to shoot down the gunships on Geonosis in Attack of the Clones? You could argue that the battle in this episode was still in the upper atmosphere like the Battle of Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith, but then as said before, how can the Jedi breathe? As was said, I guess we can add another secret ability to Anakin's huge list of powers: "force breath". Makes you wonder why he even needed the respirator as Darth Vader.

Another odd thing I noticed was Aayla's funny walk. Her species either has a different hip structure or... I won't make the joke since this is a family forum. Wink I liked Aayla's accent a little better than I thought I would, once I realized that it was supposed to be French (which it lapses in and out of at times). When the French came through strongly it was kind of sexy. When it didn't it failed. I also thought it was cute how she's always grumpy - we can only guess at the reasons (bra too tight?), but the first thought that came to mind was: "oh dear, it's that time of the month again". Anyway, I'm joking (Aayla just invites jokes at every opportunity). I actually liked that all the characters were serious again. This is how generals would behave in a battlefield situation, not the lighthearted sarcastic banter between Obi and Anakin that absolutely plagued Episode 12.

Finally, overall I liked the lemurs. On one hand they don't fit all that well into the Star Wars universe since, aside from Humans and Tauntauns, there aren't many mammal-like species seen in the films. So where did these guys come from? They remind me of the lemurs in Disney's Dinosaur quite a bit (I hated those, especially when they started swinging from the trees singing that mating song). But these Star Wars lemurs were actually pretty cool. They can roll up into a ball like destroyer droids - pure awesome. They live in a neat little village that would be right at home in any RPG game. And I quite dig their peace-loving ethic. Because let's face it, the Jedi and Republic ARE hypocrites. They're basically a fascist government that's using their army to stop some legitimately disenfranchised planets from gaining their rightful independence. Clearly the Separatist leadership is equally evil and bent on using violence to solve the disagreement, so that leaves the Lemur's pacifist philosophy as they only morally defensible one in this rotten war. I know next week's episode is going to be all about how sometimes peace-loving people must rise up and fight for their own freedom (blah blah blah) but the fact remains if the Jedi and Republic hadn't showed up their village wouldn't have been attacked.

P.S. BF2 is not canon. The plot is too dumb to include.
P.P.S. Maybe instead of "Red Shirts" we can call all the disposable clones who accompany every General and Clone commander: "Plain Whites" (since unlike Rex, Bly etc. they usually don't have fancy paint schemes on their armor - hence they're pre-destined by the plot to be killed off).
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Blacknight's P.P.S.: I'd call them white jobs if I wanted to. Wink

Also, of course the Republic is evil! It's controlled by the Emperor; the Jedi are of course corrupt because they will do anything to preserve the Republic simply to protect their good name in the common people.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
P.S. BF2 is not canon. The plot is too dumb to include.

So were the plots of the prequels, but they're canon too. It's not up to us to decide. Sad

Brickshelf
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
CommanderJake wrote:

Eh? Since when were there SBDs with jetpacks in the original CW? *patiently awaits video proving me wrong*

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jump_droid

Eat the humble pie, ignorant child... Wink

Cartoon FTW
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
First time in Star Wars where we've watched an aerial battle set against a blue sky. Gave it a WW2 feel, which is most welcome. And we finally have a case where it was okay physics-wise to show burning flames on the ships (which should not be there in space) - oh and sound too!

Actually, wouldn't the battle that Plo Koon dies in in Episode III count as a "sky battle?" (the Second Battle of Cato Neimodia.) Smile
Blacknight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrghh - I guess you kind of got me. Except that was not really a "battle" per se (there were no enemy ships seen or dogfighting). It was more like an execution. And it was over in like 7 seconds. If you include shots of starships against the sky, you could include Luke's arrival on Bespin etc. Smile
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
CommanderJake wrote:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jump_droid

Eat the humble pie, ignorant child... Wink

Cartoon FTW

That's in a comic, not the cartoon... Rolling Eyes *resists urge to say ignorant Brit Razz *
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He never said it was part of the cartoon, merely the original Clone Wars, which was pretty much everything in the Tartovsky style.

Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
P.P.S. Maybe instead of "Red Shirts" we can call all the disposable clones who accompany every General and Clone commander: "Plain Whites" (since unlike Rex, Bly etc. they usually don't have fancy paint schemes on their armor - hence they're pre-destined by the plot to be killed off).

Shinies!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:

Is it me but are the "whites" waaaaaay too disposable?
It's EXTREMELY difficult to believe that in a Venator with 7400 person crew... only three whites, a commander and a Jedi escape. Are Jedi's and ranking clones more important that the rest?

Also, I agree the sergeants, captains, commanders may have better training, but when a blaster just so happens to pass by them and hits a whites, come on... That's a bit TOO much.
Battle Zombie Alita
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends, a Venator may well be an armed transport ship.

Transport ships would be lightly loaded travelling away from the battle front. It would only be wounded, prisoners, and communications.

Fer instance, Anakin and Obi Wan were waiting for supplies without an ships in orbit. The Republic may be stretched thin and unable to mount blockades, and so turn to garrison forces.
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2x post

Last edited by Battle Zombie Alita on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Fetty wrote:
He never said it was part of the cartoon, merely the original Clone Wars, which was pretty much everything in the Tartovsky style.

Then why the 'Cartoon FTW'? Or is he insuing either his overall enjoyment of the cartoon, or is he pointing out that Star Wars either comics, games, or television in the Tartovsky style is FTW?

Either makes sense.
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shush. I was right, accept it and move on.

I left a line, to signify that this was a different topic.

I did it again see.

Potatoes.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight's ep wasn't bad. The George Takei-voiced Neimoidian fatass was hilarious. Because he was fat. Smile

Brickshelf
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah tonight's wasn't too bad, only thing that really bugged me was the lemur things again. George Takei was awesome Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: