FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
AJayIrish wrote:
i don't care for pricing, but its totally silly to "tease" with a dvd of the first for episodes, then re-release those same four episodes later on with the rest of the season.....just totally stupid

Stupid from whose point of view? For Lucasfilm this is a no-brainer. There are obviously plenty of parents with more money than patience who are willing to buy such a product now rather than teach their kids to wait a little.

Well said... It's all about giving people what they want in the size that the giver chooses, but WHEN the people want.

Some people value having it NOW over WHAT you're actually getting. Sad

And we suffer for their impatience. Amazing.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably just wait until the whole series is done. If it improves, that is.

Brickshelf
Blacknight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, meesa told yousa guys it would be 4 episodes per volume, $5 per episode. Meesa a Bombad fortune teller moi moi!

You have to start thinking like Lucas. The man is ruthless and gives nothing away for less than he can charge and get away with. So don't expect a huge discount on the combined season either. It'll be $75-$100.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - but you forget that DVD prices can drop quick AND that they NEVER sell for RRP.

Still, a shame you're right. Sad

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Blacknight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a little while I was beginning to believe you guys and I wondered whether Lucas might actually offer the series at a subsidized cut rate to get it into more kid's homes as a tool to drive toy and other merchandise sales. Kind of like how cartoon series (Transformers, Go-Bots, My Little Pony, you name it) usually tend to be glorified advertisements for toys.

But no, Lucas wants his full pound of flesh on the DVD sales too. Nothing has changed with the man. He's getting old and he's filthy rich but as his hero Anakin says: "I want MORE!"

The only upside here is that the DVD does contain 4 good episodes (Ambush + Malevolence triloy). Now watch the summer DVD be four Jar-Jar episodes packaged together. And watch it sell like hotcakes to soccer moms.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, looking at fan reviews, the Jar Jar episodes appear quite popular.

ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, tonight's episode just reconfirmed my belief that the Jedi order is corrupt... Rolling Eyes

Aayla wasn't very good at all, and Assoka just made her look worse...

Gee, three clones, Cameron, Lucky, and Flash, go down and you don't raise a finger.

And I'm quite tired of all these Spanish and Puerto Rican and Carribbean and Moroccan etc. voices... At least they should stop here, and at least they didn't give one to Plo Koon.

So there's a part 2 to the episode.

Oh yeah, and Irish lemurs, like I believe someone mentioned, who are nothing more than little peacy wimps.

Last night's episode was very boring all in all, but the best part was seeing Anakin get smacked in the face by burning refuse...

Plus, seeing Bly working with Secura so early on... I'm glad he blasted her.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last nights episode was a much welcome change to the recent episodes and probably one of the best of the series so far.

The opening was spectacular and really gave a taste of what the Clone Wars were and has to be the best single scene of the show so far.

Once we left the air battle, the episode wasn't as amazing, but it was still great and up until the lemurs came in it was shaping up to be a contender for the best episode so far.

Yes there was the typical small group with the non-ROTS characters getting killed by monsters ala Lair of Grevious, but it worked well on a new locale, with a new Jedi and an overall cool air. So what if it didn't get everything right, I loved it.

The final part let it down, with the new aliens being a real let down. At least next week we've got the sort of stuff that, like the opening, is what we know the Clone Wars are.

Plus, I take back what I said about Rex. He is a really cool character. It's taken for him to be in a life-threatening situation for me to realise it, but I'm looking forward to more episodes with him.

mammymarf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else realize that when Anakin is in life support he breathes like Vader? I dont like the odd voices either but I dont really care. Next weeks episode looks odd I hope the peace making lemurs get hurt or suck it up and fight. Another thing I thought that was weird was the Peruian music it was pretty odd to hear.
liquidcross

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mammymarf wrote:
Anyone else realize that when Anakin is in life support he breathes like Vader?

I caught that. It was a nice touch. Smile

Other thoughts:

Aayla's got some serious birthing hips. And a French accent, which is interesting. The Irish lemurs and their town reminded me of a Legend of Zelda game; in fact, the whole planet kinda does. Perhaps Anakin will find the Master Saber in the next episode?

Brickshelf
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
And I'm quite tired of all these Spanish and Puerto Rican and Carribbean and Moroccan etc. voices... At least they should stop here, and at least they didn't give one to Plo Koon.

It would be worse if you had all of these different aliens with all American accents. Personally, I like the diversification of it.

CommandoEighty-Oh wrote:
Gee, three clones, Cameron, Lucky, and Flash, go down and you don't raise a finger.

I'm sure that they'd have loved to hold a nice long funeral service for them but being on a remote world does things to your priorities. Razz If they were to seriously start caring about clones dying, all you'd have is a bunch of vengeance-seeking aliens and men in white armour. Wink
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also liked last night's episode. As Fetty said, the beginning is how the Clone Wars should be. The opening scene was fast paced and full of action. Most importantly, it wasn't ruined by lame techno music.

The rest of the episode was good too. Ahsoka surprisingly was not that bad. Aayla's accent also wasn't too distracting. She fit into the episode well, and the brief conversation about her and her master (Quinlan Vos) was a nice touch.

The natives kept the episode from being perfect but I didn't think they were terrible. I'd prefer them over the laughable pirates we've seen recently.

Overall, good episode, it would rank third so far on my list behind Rookies and Cloak of Darkness.
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opening sequence was pretty damn awesome, finally something redeeming. The red shirt clones is getting annoying, kill off some commanders gorram it. Aayla's French accent takes a bit getting used to, thought it was interesting though and the mention of Vos was pretty cool. The lemur things were pretty lame, you'd think there would be at least some kind of language barrier but no, they speak perfect English Neutral Another little thing that annoyed me a bit: they were barely in the planet's atmosphere yet all the gunships fly in with the doors open, how the hell were they able to breathe? Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Another little thing that annoyed me a bit: they were barely in the planet's atmosphere yet all the gunships fly in with the doors open, how the hell were they able to breathe? Neutral

Um...the Force? Razz

Brickshelf
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquidcross wrote:
Firespray wrote:
Another little thing that annoyed me a bit: they were barely in the planet's atmosphere yet all the gunships fly in with the doors open, how the hell were they able to breathe? Neutral

Um...the Force? Razz

The Clones can use the Force too?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
The lemur things were pretty lame, you'd think there would be at least some kind of language barrier but no, they speak perfect English Neutral

They can speak basic because if I understood right, the old lemur thing said they left the republic because of the war. They weren't primitives like the ewoks. They were pacifists who didn't want to get involved. also, clones have helmets.

I[lllllll]EEE[]l/=====================
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thought last nights episode was pretty good. The beginning was really good in my opinion. I also thought the idea of them being stranded on a planet not consumed by the clone wars was pretty cool. However, I didn't really like the planet "natives" that much...maybe it's just me. They looked to much like cartoon characters rather than the different species we would find in the movies. But then again, this is a show geared towards a younger audience. Anyways, the episode next week looks good, and I'm definately interested in where the story line goes next.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedaho wrote:
Firespray wrote:
The lemur things were pretty lame, you'd think there would be at least some kind of language barrier but no, they speak perfect English Neutral

They can speak basic because if I understood right, the old lemur thing said they left the republic because of the war. They weren't primitives like the ewoks. They were pacifists who didn't want to get involved. also, clones have helmets.

Ah missed that part, and weren't the Clones worrying over having their escape pods blown open because they couldn't breathe in that episode with Plo Koon?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the worry was more about being vented out into open space with a limited air supply (or none in the case of the officer) and possibly being shot by the droids. You might remember that they did go into space to fight the "hunters". Also, I seem to recall Plo saying something about being able to withstand the pressure for a short time. Maybe that would be more of a concern in outer space than just inside the atmosphere of a planet. I do agree about the red shirt clones though. In every episode the extra clones all get whacked and its a little annoying now.

ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Ah missed that part, and weren't the Clones worrying over having their escape pods blown open because they couldn't breathe in that episode with Plo Koon?

When you're in open space without the correct suit, the pressure (or lack of, I'm not positive) will basically cause your body to explode. Clones wear armor opposed to spacesuits, so they wouldn't be protected against that.

Also...It's Star Wars. Watch the first 10 minutes of Episode III and you'll know what I mean. Razz
bedaho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great argument that I heard on a Force-Cast clone wars roundtable that always works is:
"Of course it can happen, we just saw it!"
Wink

DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, seems Canada is an episode behind.

Why does Lucas feel the need to involve Jar Jar? Seriously, doesn't everyone hate him enough, why would anyone think putting him into multiple episodes (where he is the main character) at all a good idea?

DeviantART|Brickshelf
bedaho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little kids like Jar Jar?

The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked last night's episode--certainly not the best, but liked it nonetheless. Aayla is one of my favorite Jedi, mostly because she's a twi'ilek and is supposed to dual wield sabers, and she had a good role. Wasn't a fan of the accent she had, I liked the BF II one better. I also like the character of Ahsoka, but I think her clingyness to Anakin is reeeeeeeeally annoying. I absolutely LOVED the new rocket SB droids, thought that those could definitely be a threat to a fleet.

Like Firespray said, they need to stop killing all of the red shirt clones, and I think they need to stop giving tiny squads of 2-3 clones, their commander, and a few Jedi.

Hope we get to see some fried lemur next episode. Razz
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday the first episode of the series was shown on the Finnish TV. And, to be honest, I have to say I was a tad dissappointed.

I know it's a kids show and all that, but why does it have to be so slow? The characters speak slowly (and this isn't some translation issue; subtitles are used here), the action is slow and, frankly, lousy. In addition, for being killing machines created for combat, both clones' and droids' aim sucks; they can't hit each other from a distance of a couple dozen metres.
Moreover, the battle droids. Oh, the battle droids. I had heard people's reaction to them, but apparently I wasn't prepared enough. They might be just bearable if they only didn't move, speak and react so frustrating slowly. Seriously, the show might actually be better with fast-forward.

The show did have its pros, too, so I'm not gonna hammer it down profoundly. It could've been much better, but it could also have been much worse.
It just was more like a kids show than what I was prepared to.

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
Why does Lucas feel the need to involve Jar Jar? Seriously, doesn't everyone hate him enough, why would anyone think putting him into multiple episodes (where he is the main character) at all a good idea?

I just might be in the minority by saying this, but I really like Jar Jar. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the series and, frankly, I really think he just deserves to be there.

Nevertheless, my opinion might change after seeing him in action.. Razz
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brain wrote:
Aayla is one of my favorite Jedi, mostly because she's a twi'ilek and is supposed to dual wield sabers.

Show me one (1) (I) canon source that has her with two sabers. Just one. Good Luck. Wink

FYI, BFII is non-canon.

Zombifox
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:

Show me one (1) (I) canon source that has her with two sabers. Just one. Good Luck. Wink

FYI, BFII is non-canon.

The campaign in BF2 IS canon, and Aayla is shown duel wielding in the kashyyyk battle. But yes she usually doesn't duel wield.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't. It is a material that takes canon points and twists them. Take LEGO Star Wars. It uses canon elements, but uses them in way that make it non-canon. I.e - the 501st being at every major battle near the end of the Clone Wars. The duel sabers are merely to make her character different and cool.

Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BF2 is the only place were Aayla wields two lightsabers, but really she only has that one blue lightsaber. It would be nice if the had two.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure about the canocity of Aayla's duel lightsabers, but the story mode of BFII is canon. Here's a link to the SW databank that describes the events in the campaign mode as canon in the 501st Legion article.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14
Jump to: