FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clone Wars TV Series Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing about the show thats getting on my nerves are those battle droids! Mad They're too stupid.

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find them sorta amusing. Better then "Skyguy" and "Snips". Ugh.
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was a great episode. Y-Wings were awesome, and who noticed all those original lines? There were quite a few...
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CommanderJake wrote:
...and who noticed all those original lines? There were quite a few...

I found that to be a bit of turn off. Lucas recycles some of his dialogue enough as it is in his own films. These guys seemed to be doing it incessantly, given the episode is only 20+ minutes long.

Bad feeling? Check.
Problem with stabilizer? Check.
Request for loosening up? Check.

It really gave me the impression that I was watching a copy of a copy.

As I alluded to before, though, there are redeeming qualities. The old skool Y-Wings were interesting. Sort of a hybrid of something new and the some of the Ralph McQuarrie stuff I've seen.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there were some from the Yavin trench run too. There was the standard report in post, where you get all the Shadows reporting in. Later, there was "watch for towers" or thereabouts. There were a couple more too...
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why, but the throwbacks or straight rips of the "classic" lines doesn't bother me in this series one bit. I've noticed them but they always seem so well-integrated into whatever's going on at the time that it's natural: on the flipside, I remember watching RotS the first time and thinking how painfully corny/obvious some of the original trilogy throwbacks were. Maybe it's the change in medium or they're just worked in better, but (to me) those ties help rather than hinder.

I'm glad Cartoon Network has a bazillion re-runs of the show. Laughing I missed it on Friday at the normal time and then happened to catch it when I was back later in the evening. I was a little let down that the ion cannon was destroyed so easily, but I don't think I'd really have anything else bad to say about the episode: I like the nicknames the characters have for each other; the droids' voices can be a little annoying but they fit right in with a children's cartoon; the action is spot-on; it's great seeing the characters in situations outside of the movie ones we've all seen a hundred thousand times on DVD.

I liked it from the first episode and my opinion has only gotten better since then.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Clone Assassin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clone wars is so cool my favorite episode is number three!!!i love the General Greivous's secret weapon even though the droids are silly its still a great show!!!
Rayman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its only natural to have this many throwbacks to the saga movies in the first few episodes (or season for the matter) as the show is still very much in its early stages. Perhaps the producers felt that TCW needed a little boost from the movies?

Either way as Morgan mentioned the classic lines are indeed very well incorporated into the new TV series, so having them is pretty much a bonus for me. Maybe when the show's new characters and story develop into something as substantial as the saga movies may we see less of these lines.

I sincerely do hope that one day TCW will be able to stand on its own beside the two trilogies.

With that said I enjoyed the movie and every TV episode very much. Cool
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed 100% with M19. I've been watching TCW on YouTube (via CABG) and even with the inferior picture/sound quality, it's still enjoyable enough. Smile I reckon the Malevolance would have made a better plot for the movie than rescuing Jabba's son.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan19 wrote:
...I was a little let down that the ion cannon was destroyed so easily, but I don't think I'd really have anything else bad to say about the episode...
m19

Like the Death Star?
The Department of Redundancy Department
Morbie19
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean how it was destroyed as easily as the DS? I see the parallel, yeah, but at least they were aiming at a teenytiny little hole that's what she said with the DS; in this case the action was so quick it just seemed like it was a few random bombs impacting the surface and down it went. Not a big deal by any means, it just stuck in my mind as a weak moment compared to everything else.

m19

Brickshelf | Flickr
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I'm a little behind everyone else by way of watching these episodes. I just finished watchind #2. I think I'll make my final judgement on this series. (Not that anyone cares, but whatev'.) I think it's all right. I mean, for me, the good doesn't outweigh the bad, or vice versa. It's all equal. I mean, there are pros, such as the homage they pay to the movies (e.g., pod 1977), and then there are cons (Mace Windu looks like a baboon). So, I while I'm not necessarily going to praise the new series, I will continue to watch it. Which means that I may post in this thread more often than I have been as of late.

Proud member of the AFEC
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
Mace Windu looks like a baboon

I'd say that honour goes rather to Count Dooku than Windu. Wink

Mace:

A baboon:

Dooku:

Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm falling in love with star wars again. Very Happy

I think seeing that "Y-wing" clone squadron flying through the nebula in episode three was without a doubt the coolest space scene ever. Although it did borrow heavily from Treasure Planet.

Good stuff. Smile
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Galagoo: Oops, heh, heh. I'm always getting my primates mixed up. I meant, uh, gorilla. I think.

Proud member of the AFEC
PIG

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode #4

This was the best show so far IMO.

I actually think the droids slap stick quotes are funny now. (For the most part)

Grevious is awesome. They did a great job on him. We also finally got to see his starship.Love how he disconnected on Dooku. L-O- L !!!

I still don't understand why Anakin is driving that POS spaceship they found in the Clone Wars movie.

I don't know about you guys but Plo Kloon reminds me a lot of Optimus Prime
JayfoZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's episode was the best so far, but something I was wondering after watching it; In RotS, Grievious says "I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku." as if he and Kenobi were fighting for the first time and informing him that he knows how to use a lightsaber. Why might he say this if they've fought before?

The battle droids are still annoying. They really just aren't funny and I think it's pathetic every time they make a joke.

Next week's episode looks awesome. I think the show's main strength is their battle scenes with the Clone Army. I'm not nearly as amused by "Skyguy" and "Snips". From the preview, it looks like it'll be all about the Clones next week.
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayfo wrote:
Last night's episode was the best so far, but something I was wondering after watching it; In RotS, Grievious says "I have been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku." as if he and Kenobi were fighting for the first time and informing him that he knows how to use a lightsaber. Why might he say this if they've fought before?

I'd assume that Grievous was just reminding Obi-Wan, wanting to say something like "Dooku kicked your butt; Dooku teached me his tricks; Your Butt Shall Be Kicked Tonight."
Captain Ausome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with PIG that grievous is uber in the show! I smile every time he takes out his anger on those retarded droids. Rolling Eyes
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the last episode was kinda painful. The only part I liked was when Greevz disconnected Dooku. Combined with the fact that the episode had finally ended.

The only one I've liked so far was the Yoda one, the other ones just seem sub-par.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
Mace Windu looks like a baboon

I think I will be speaking to the HR dept about this!
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot understand why Grevious is coughing now. He isn't supposed to start coughing till Mace Windu crushes his ribs in the battle of Coruscant

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Ep. 3 (arrives later in Canada), another excellent one thanks to the terrific space battle (though Ep. #2 is still my favourite).

Just some random thoughts:

This series is starting out with a real bang, I'm loving it way better than I thought I would (maybe my expectations were just so low after seeing the previews for the failed summer movie). I love seeing Plo Koon and his blue/white fighter (though he doesn't speak or act exactly like I had imagined he would, but it's still cool). And Anakin also talks and behaves totally differently than he does in the movies, he's actually much more likeable and heroic in this series, maybe they're trying to make his fall in Ep. 3 seem more tragic (yet they may have gone too far - it's like watching two totally different people??). For example, since when did Anakin seem deeply concerned about saving the lives of clones? In the movies he doesn't even care about the lives of the normal humans or Jedi around him! Again, this seems to be part of the "theme" of this series of giving both clones and droids more humanity so we care about them when they die by the thousands.

Right now they've got the whole "hunt the Bismarck" storyline going which is great. I love the design of the Malevolence battle ship. But it seems to me it really should have been a storyline saved for the end of the first season. I only hope they haven't exhausted the good stuff early on, because once you blow up the largest ship in the Star Wars saga other than the Executor, how can anything else live up to that in terms of "epic-ness"? Doing my duty as a faithfully pessimistic Star Wars fan, I predict this series may have shot its best early on and will go downhill over time.

Last edited by Blacknight on Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blacknight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain REX wrote:
i cannot understand why Grevious is coughing now. He isn't supposed to start coughing till Mace Windu crushes his ribs in the battle of Coruscant

I think they've given up all pretense of trying to tie this into the first Clone Wars animated series, which is fine since unlike most fans, I didn't like it a lot anyway. This series is turning out better IMO so I don't really care if they overwrite the first series.

I guess Grevious just has a chronic cough, which is believeable because I had a cough last year that I couldn't shake for like 10 months. Luckily it's gone now, I think it was an allergy. Maybe Grevious is allergic to battle droids, that's why he smacks them all the time. Razz Speaking of which, I'd smack them too if I were him, they remain as annoying as ever. Since when did DROIDs have feelings: "I have a bad feeling about this". That's just lame, if the droid (which is just a computer with a body) had borrowed any line from the OT, it should have been "I've calculated their attack pattern and there is a danger".
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im 100% supporting the overwriting of the cartoon clone wars series, that was great as a first attempt, but now they are doing so much more with plots and characters....

i mean look at the involvement Assaj Ventress has had in both the movie and the Ambush episode....she totally kicks patootie now!, and for plots, well i havent seen anything wrong with them, not even the movie plot....war is great for stories of espionage, deceptive politics, bargains, and such....

im totally gettin into this series, the malevolence plot was a great technology-bridge for the ion cannon on hoth, and the predecessors of the rebel alliance's y-wing bomber.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it starts on October the 25th in the UK on Sky Premiere but when i checked my sky box (which shows me the listings up to a week in advance it wasn't there. Looks like they've let down the UK again Sad Crying or Very sad

Captain REX of the 501st
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA, Rex u needa do some downloading mate (not encouraging piracy!!!), i dont even have a clue when its premiering in australia, but i've still seen them all Wink Laughing

AJay
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rex : it comes online a week after the episode on cartoonnetwork.com, I believe. Although you could just watch in streaming from StC or somewhere else, like I've done.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this last episode was the best of the four so far, as much as I think I like Ahsoka she's the weakest link I've noticed character wise. The droids are getting more tolerable, and Grievous is easily the best one on screen because the medium works so well for him. I really liked how the dual with Obi Wan sort of paralleled the duel in ROTS in several ways. Specifically that GG jumped down to great OW with a cocky "Hello there" and then reversed in the movie. That earned them a point for continuity, where the whole saga typical fails.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
HA, Rex u needa do some downloading mate (not encouraging piracy!!!), i dont even have a clue when its premiering in australia, but i've still seen them all Wink Laughing

AJay

i Have watched all 4 episodes on youtube but its better quality on the TV. Oh and never mind i checked yesterday and it will be on on saturday

Captain REX of the 501st
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14
Jump to: