FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7886 The Batcycle: harley Quinn's Hammer Truck

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: 7886 The Batcycle: harley Quinn's Hammer Truck Reply with quote

Surprised this hasn't been reviewed yet oh well here goes.

In this set you get the obvious two vehicles: The Batcyle and Harley Quinn's Hammer Truck. I'll start off with the smaller of the two. The batcycle is essentially a mixture of brick and technic pieces. The outer portion for the Batcycle is essentially 4 technic pieces connected together to create a basic but still very nice frame. The inner workings where Batman sits erhm I mean stands is entirely brick built. The frame connects to the body by two of these peices. The connection is very sturdy. Overall this vehicle has some nice details. The front features something like engine headers (think that's what they're called) and on the rear there are two batwings. It's a more movie-esque vehicle, but still nice none the less. The bare technic holes on the side are a little annoying but can easily be remedied by a few 1/2 technic pins and a few plates/tiles. It does have flick fire missiles that really don't fire more then an inch or two. Thankfully though thy stay in nice and snug thanks to this
piece

Now onto the second vehicle of this set. Harley Quinn's truck to start of is rather wide and a pretty decent truck. It's more of a hummer made monster truck type of deal. Assembly is rather simple. There are a few technic pieces thrown in but they are hardly noticeable when fully assembled. Building this set is straightforward. There is a slight repetition in one or two of the instructions for the top body frame parts and for the tire assembly. It's nothing boring though. The main color scheme of this set is an alternating black and red deco that looks very nice. This vehicle like the Batcycle does feature flick fire missiles (which again don't fire very far) at the back of the truck. The main weapon though for Quinn's truck as the name would suggest is a large hammer. It's decent looking hammer that's mostly brown. A very nice detail is the sticker you apply to the actual hammer which says "Whack a Bat". A very nice little humurous detail much like the "push" button sticker located near Harley whilst she drives. The hammer is pretty fun to play with. It is attached to the main truck by way of a long technic rod that attaches to another technic rod which feeds to the back where round bricks act as the knob to turn. It has the ability thanks to this to whack obligatory objects or chasing Batman's on either side of the truck. Only problem is the hammer is very limited into how far away it can whack something. The reach is only about an inch away from the tires. This can easily be fixed though with a few additional parts.

Overall this set is quite nice. It has great play value thanks to Ms. Quinn's truck. This set retails at $34.99, but you can easily get it for $26 and under if you look around.

Parts:7 /10 This set has a decent set of parts, but nothing unique compared to other sets
Minifigs:10 /10 This set includes the much anticipated Harley Quinn figure as well as a Batman with a new styled suit.
Detail: 7/10 There are some nice details on both vehicles, but this set loses out only because of the excessive amount of stickers
Playability:10 /10 Quite fun to play with, kids will have a lot of fun whacking Batman on the head.
Price to parts: 8/10 Nothing too special with this set since it's mostly basic parts with a few newer elements. Price to part is still decent.
Availability:10 /10 This set is available at many retail outlets.
OVERALL RATING: 9/10 Great set that I highly recommend. Nice minifigures and a nice set of vehicles to go with them

<--click for more pics.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG

Last edited by Reaper on Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, great review of the set. I'm really hoping to get this for my birthday, but all the stores I've called here in Singapore say the set is "discontinued". Where might I find it, even online?

><>
Zombiestriker8979
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedd- try bricklink.com they have all kinds of sets on there. Batman sets are very hard to find nowadays. Anyways the review was great and has me wishing I got this set.
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd say bricklink is your best bet. I just checked amazon and cheapest they go is about $90 US. Whereas on BL you can get a new one for about $43 US and up.

You could try and wait it out and see if S&H re-stocks, but it's hard to say so soon after the holidays.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Anyway, I've located a guy in Singapore who's selling it on Ebay for approximately USD 40, now if only I can convince my Dad...

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: