FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW: Battlefront- What would YOU change?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: SW: Battlefront- What would YOU change? Reply with quote

I did a search, and nothing like this appeared...

Recently, I have been playing SW: BFII a lot lately, found a option that allows me to play as a hero throughout the entire game which is something I like and most of you probably already know.

But, as I was playing, I've discovered some new interesting things LucasArts (LA for short) could have included. I was bothered by the fact that during Conquest mode, on Mustafar in the Galactic Civil War period, your heros are either Anakin or Obi-wan, depending on the faction you chose. I would prefer seeing Darth Vader (the suited Vader, not pre-burn
Ani) and Old Ben Kenobi for the Rebellion. Granted, in Ep IV, Kenobi doesn't get much action time, but I think we would all like to see him on a frenzy with his lightsaber and force powers despite his age. Palpatine and Yoda are both old, and they get to fight after all.

Also, I don't like how as heros, we can't call troops to follow with us. Now, I am not sure if thats because Jedi and Sith can force run and jump, but it'd be intersting to have like a special guard, seeing as how heros are like the generals of your chosen faction.

These are just my two cents for now. Feel free to post ideas you've had yourself. What would you add? Remove? Change?

This pertains to both BF:I and BF:II
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunships in Geonosis again. And a remake of the Bespin platforms. For BFII of course.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, I forgot the Gunships in Geonosis. Definate must, along with Geonosian fighters too.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:
Oh yea, I forgot the Gunships in Geonosis. Definate must, along with Geonosian fighters too.

I didn't mind there weren't any Geonosian fighters, but I would have loved to see Republic Gunships. I mean really, the only places where you can use them is when you're in a space battle. But I guess you can't have everything you want in a game like that. Also, I would have liked a little more realistic damage to the battleships and cruisers in the space battles. I mean really, when you're just about to destroy one of the frigates, it looks the same as it did when you started trying to destroy it. I don't know, I don't want to be supper critical because the game is relatively old (but still fun to play every once in a while). Besides, Lucas Arts will come out with a new and improved Battlefront to help our "needs" as Star Wars fans with new locations, characters, and vehicals. Very Happy
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about starfighters and transports in general back on land battles? I liked the dogfights of Bespin and the bombing runs on Kashyyyk during the Galactic Civil War. Or even landing on a large stone collumn in the Dune Sea and sniping out the hostiles. Just the classic stuff from BFI. And bring back all the maps? Why not just add new ones rather than take away the old ones. I know I'm demanding, but they took away some great maps from BFI in the making of BFII.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bespin inside map. Also space heros. With a special ship that has a separate hero bar from the characters, and the character wouldn't lose herobarness when inside special starfighter. Ie, in Space Coruscant, Anie with special Jedi starfighter, and in somewhere else Han Solo and MILLENNIUM FALCON.

Just my $0.02
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had Space Coruscant for Instant Action.
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of stuff I would change in BF II. But I'm pressed for time right now, so I'll just mention one thing.

Instead of having a Republic Gunship with the Rebel insignia slapped on the sides of it for the rebel boarding craft, I would replace it with a YT-1300 freighter.

Proud member of the AFEC
DarkZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are stupid- there should be an option to play as a protocol droid Wink
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh. Battlefront II a personal pet peeve of mine. here goes.

i. Vehicles should allow as many players on the ship as there are crew canonically. (ie ARC 170 takes three [AT LEAST TWO], AT-AT three, etc.)

ii. Space Heroes! Millenium Falcon? Vader's TIE? Eta II only for Jedi, etc.

iii. Realistic vehicle application (ie ARC 170 is heavyfighter/bomber, V-Wing is interceptor, Eta II is Hero only, etc.)

iv. Clone Commander should look like Bly!!! And change in accordance with the map (ie Gree on Kashyyyk, Cody on Utapau, and Bly types on all other planets), have a DC-15s (rapid fire DC-15 variant), instead of a Gatling gun (*rolls eyes* A commander with a Gatling gun. Right) and the ability to gather more troops indirectly. (ie press 'follow me' and the nearest troops all follow, instead of pointing one by one)

v. Being able to switch between Clone Phases in any clone map. [ie select Episode I or II clones.

vi. Remove medal's glow. (ie the green glow that comes with the endurance medal)

vii. Make everyone have much less health - in BF I, everyone's a trooper, in BF II, everyone's a gorram commando

viii. Allow for customization. (It's not that hard to make a repaint/reskin tool in game!!!)

And...

... I'll leave it at that for now. Suffice it to say, Battlefront I was amazing; Battlefront II skipped out on it's nearly unlimited potential.

><>
greivous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a BF 3 by any chance?

Its Lego, not Legos!
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greivous wrote:
Will there be a BF 3 by any chance?

I don't see why Lucas Arts wouldn't want to do that. After all, with the popularity of Battlefront, Battlefront II, and Renagade Squadron, I'd think it would be in their best interests.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scitvs, you hit the nail right on the head. The only things I'd add is different kinds of Clones for different planets (i.e., galactic marines on Mygeeto, Green Camo clones on Kashyyyk, yellow clones on Felucia, Shock Troopers on Mustafar, and Cody's troops on Utapau. Then put a choice of Shock Troopers or 501st clones on Coruscant, and white Clones elsewhere. And finally, add the option to chose Phase 1 clones on any planet.), and a Coruscant hunt featuring 501st clones vs. Jedi.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment I have the BF Xtreme mod for my BFII. All the clones have the skins that go with the planet (and gree and Kashykk (sp?) troopers on Kashykk ( Mad )) and the ARC-170 has three seats and... a ton of other stuff. I got it off of Game Spot, so they should still have it.

Oh, and would be cool if the capital ships in space combat where more usable, had a bigger interior (dorsal flight deck on the venator anyone?) and there where at least 3 per side.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've never actually completed a Galactic Conquest. Are there supposedly video clips of the Aftermath? On Star Wars Wikia, they give a small synopsis of what happens after each of the four Conquests and I'd really like to see what happens.

If anyone has recordings of these or knows where I can find them (I've tried Youtube), I'd be very grateful.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of anything like this. I shall have to do a GC and find out.
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK-425 wrote:
Scitvs, you hit the nail right on the head. The only things I'd add is different kinds of Clones for different planets...

AH! I knew I forgot something! Good catch!

><>
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enchantedknight56 wrote:
Hey, I've never actually completed a Galactic Conquest. Are there supposedly video clips of the Aftermath? On Star Wars Wikia, they give a small synopsis of what happens after each of the four Conquests and I'd really like to see what happens.

If anyone has recordings of these or knows where I can find them (I've tried Youtube), I'd be very grateful.

In BFII there really isn't much just a panorama of the galaxy sayiing saved/conquered blah blah. It's been awhile but in BF I think I remember them just showing random clips from the movies. You know like ties flying around and such.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Zombiegoo
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also (in BFII, that is) the short video clips for each faction. They are quite short and simple, but pretty neat nevertheless. For example, in the clip for the Republic, Obi-Wan is shown beating Grievous and some of the main Jedi gathered in the Jedi councel chamber. There are more, too, but I can't really remember.

As for a place to watch them, I don't know any other way that beating the game. I didn't find anything on YouTube, either.
JT-77
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe noone mentioned prone. Also BF Extreme is made by Arc_Commander, you may not have the new version if it's on gamespot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to do a bit of modding for Battlefront II a while back, i got bored of the days upon days of work....coding aint my thing hehe. but most of what people have been "wishing" for, was all achievable through the mod-tools. assuming u all were talking about the PC release, otherwise tough luck....
Star_wars_rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Lucasarts will more than likely do a next gen bf3 on the ps3/360. If they do I would love to see a more fleshed out storymode much like bf2, but even further refined similar in style to KOTOR where everything you do changes your character not necessarily in regards to the force. I mean battles and damage etc. and of course your character levels up similar to KOTOR in game. Also no load times at all apart from when you load your saved game so this way the game plays from start to finish flawlessly and effortlessly with a noticable time frame. So if you start off as a clone and you progress through the game you will see him get faster and more responsive to battles and the cosmetic changes like his armor would be subtle yet obvious. It can be done it's just a matter of them pushing it.

The force is strong with this one......

Last edited by Star_wars_rules on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
King Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pretty much agree with karil

- Does it look like I really care
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only sorta skimmed through this topic, but a questions is raised in my head: Hasn't anyone played Renegade Squadron? I know, I know, it's only for the PSP, but it solves a lot of the big problems listed here, such as character customization, space heroes, and more space levels, along with more playable heroes, like Ackbar and Old Ben.

As for the topic on hand: what would I change about these games? Easy. More interior in the space levels. Something like a combination of the Death Star and Tantive IV levels with the ability to leave into space. Or perhaps just a Space Death Star level. That would be fine with me. Another thing that would be really cool is if you could enter or exit the orbit of a planet, combining ground and space levels. And I have an idea how this could work: Each faction would have a "parking garage CP" on the planet that's basically a holding pen for starfighters and transports, like the Yavin base in Ep. IV, or perhaps just an empty lot like the Bespin level in BFI. You could get into the starfighter and fly around the level, but when you flew up toward the space cruisers (which would be visible from the planet's surface), you could enter the space battle. Obviously this would be really difficult to accomplish, so I'm not holding my breath, but it would be a nice way to feature ground level starfighters, if nothing else.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Andywinneris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to see a Lego starwars battlefront Wink

but i doubt that would happen

however i like the space battles to be epic and contain at least ten capital ships. surely the power of the 360 and ps3 could handle that

and get rid of the awards like elite rifle
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the awards - they give you a little bonus for an exceptional round/life.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
LegoMotion95

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star_wars_rules wrote:
Well Lucasarts will more than likely do a next gen bf3 on the ps3/360. If they do I would love to see a more fleshed out storymode much like bf2, but even further refined similar in style to KOTOR where everything you do changes your character not necessarily in regards to the force. I mean battles and damage etc. and of course your character levels up similar to KOTOR in game. Also no load times at all apart from when you load your saved game so this way the game plays from start to finish flawlessly and effortlessly with a noticable time frame. So if you start off as a clone and you progress through the game you will see him get faster and more responsive to battles and the cosmetic changes like his armor would be subtle yet obvious. It can be done it's just a matter of them pushing it.

I want a massive online next gen BF3
Kaiba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Troopers got downgraded in the second game I think. I would add new maps and make it so we actually can have heroes in space along with bigger areas to fight in the ships.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make hero ships (Like Jedis or Siths, but in space :O), like Slave 1 or The Falcon.

Edit:Crap, someone already posted that... Well, mayby more alt costumes for charecters, like Old Ben Kenobi or Luke (Farm Boy).
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to be able to control other spaceships along with mine, so that I can have support. Think of it as getting more troops to tag along and help, but in space.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO/Star Wars Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: