FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blank Black Stormtrooper Helmets - What are they?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Blank Black Stormtrooper Helmets - What are they? Reply with quote

I jusy got my hands on a bunch of black, blank (no printing) Stormtrooper helmets. The person I bought them from doesn't know where they originated from, but is sure they are from Lego. I don't think they came in any sets?

Would these be mis-prints? or pulled from the Lego assembly line before they are painted? They look just like the Shadowtrooper helmets, but no design printed on.

I have a couple pictures, but I am an idiot when it comes to adding them to this post. If someone sends me their e-mail, I can send them the pics to put up here.

So does anyone have any ideas where they came from?[/img]
minivenom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Tie Pilots with the Imperial symbols worn off. That's my best guess.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics: http://i33.tinypic.com/23kw9j5.jpg and http://i37.tinypic.com/30kq6q0.jpg
How many is "a bunch"? I don't think they're misprints, but more likely the other option - someone pulled them from the line before they got painted. Who knows why.

I'm inclined to think that because you can get the same result with readily available parts and a bit of Brasso they won't be of much value, but again, I never expected people to spend as much as they did for red Vader helmets.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'd like a couple. I think they're neat.
mavriel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of keeping some and selling the rest. But I am not sure who would want them - customizers I guess? I should post in the buy/sell thread to see if there is any interest.

I think the red vader helmets were going for $30, but these helmets look much more plain Shocked
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely they were from Lego and going to be used as Tie Pilots, but for whatever reasons never got prints on them. And made their way out of the factorys

DeviantART|Brickshelf
JediMasterHalcyon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just use a pencil eraser on a TIE FIghter Pilot helmet and get the same result.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently they have crazy stuff like this in PaB from time to time? That's where Clash got the no-print green Boba helmets.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: