FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10174 UCS Imperial AT-ST Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: 10174 UCS Imperial AT-ST Review Reply with quote

Sooooooooo, my second review. (Please read my first, Magna Guard Starfighter) Still can't post pics. (please, please, please, someone tell me how to get them from Olympus Master 2 to the forums) Here goes:

Parts/Build:

I don't scrap sets for parts. Especially not my first and only UCS (my precioussss *gollum, gollum)(Sorry about the obscure refrence to Lord of the Rings) but if you really want loads of bley, go ahead and get two. (One to build and display, and one to scrap.) Its got some pretty rare parts, especially on the legs and feet, so if you must, its good to get nice pieces. Build was difficult. (It's UCS. Did you except an easy build Wink )I messed up once on the legs. Lucky my friend was over or else I would have had to disassembled to fix it.

Minifigs:

None

Detail:

Love it. This is of course the main point of UCS. Only one place where the detail is lax. The interior. I think it wouldn't have been to hard to make a seat and some controls in there. (To scale with the model, not minifigs) The back is just amazing (Fans. Gotta love 'em Very Happy ). Also, the back of the legs have incredible detail. And only one sticker( Evil or Very Mad )!

Playability:

It's UCS. Did you expect playability? Wink Actually, it's better than I expected. (I would have said "better than most UCS sets", but I have no others Laughing ) The side turrets *checks UCS placard*, excuse me, the light blaster cannon and the concussion grenade launcher, both rotate 360 degrees. Also, you can rotate one (The one on that look rotatable. The concussion grenade launcher?) around. The cockpit opens (No detail inside Sad ) The *checks placard again* twin blaster cannon moves up and down, and so does the (It will fall if you don't hold it). And the head ROTATES! Razz

Price to Parts:

Hmm, lets see. Should have been $100 (about 1000 pieces). Was $70. Is now $50 (S@H discount). Need I say more? Razz

Availability:

Only on S@H. But half the should-be price?!

Overall:

Amazing. Simply Amazing. If you have 50 bucks, buy this set.

Parts/Build-----10/10-----Plenty of rare pieces
Minifigs---------0/10------What can I say. There are none!
Playability------5/10------Well, good for UCS
Price to Parts--20/10-----To match the ratio of should-be price and actual price
Availability-----2/10------S@H Exclusive
Overall---------9/10------A great set! Get it! Today!

Please leave loads of comments Very Happy
Zekkbie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it at TRU but I don't know whether it was $50 or not, but either way, you don't just have to go to a LEGO store or S@H.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw it at TRU when it first came out. But I don't think you can find it there now. Anyway, doesn't a five-digit set number indicate a S@H exclusive?
greivous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some times, but not always. Seen the Sandcrawler (10144) in a few local toy shops here in Dublin.

Have the AT-ST as well, my first and only UCS also! Paid 70euro I think. This was two Christmas's ago. Love the set, and its uniquely held together with rubber bands! Smile

Its Lego, not Legos!
MingoDave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good review- thanks for posting! The build is complex at points (most notably the assembly of the crew compartment/"head"); I think it is actually more difficult than the 10179 to assemble. This is a very detailed model, although some points don't correspond as closely to the film model as I might have expected. An interior would be very difficult to integrate with the angular construction of the head (not to mention the structural elastic bands that run through the middle). One playable element I didn't see in TK's review is the opening top hatch, which I thought was pretty neat. Finally, it is available in many places (at least in the USA), including Toys 'r' Us and other toy stores. However, as it is likely going to be phased out soon, they are becoming increasingly hard to find on store shelves.

I'll give it an 8: parts, look, and accuracy boost the score while construction difficulty and fragility take away points.
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, forgot the cockpit. But it's AWESOME
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get a Brickshelf or Flickr by this weekend and post pics.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: