FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More leaked '09 set pictures!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First... until you can point a staff member, via PM, to LEGO saying those are legit, don't post them. Period.

Second, everyone else... you're not MODs. Stop acting like it. Remember that mini-modding is an offense that can land temp-bans too.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
Second, everyone else... you're not MODs. Stop acting like it. Remember that mini-modding is an offense that can land temp-bans too.

QFT, ya jerks!

Oh, wait.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. The quote I used came from the RTB policy itself.

Simply put - if it didn't come from:
• the official LEGO.com website,
• a publication produced by The LEGO Group,
• or another source given specific legal permission by TLG to talk about or display images of it,
- then it is to be considered leaked information and should not be discussed or linked to on FBTB. This applies to new sets, parts, ...everything.

I though of all places, Brickset would be a lego group joint.

In the future, I will PM a moderator (or just stay TFO it entirely).
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that excuse does seem to come up everytime someone posts these. Let's be clear, everyone, and apply a little bit of logic. If it doesn't say "LEGO" in the name, it's not going to be an "official" LEGO site.

Every single release cycle we go through this, and it seems like there's some wave of stupid that seems to wash over people. Nothing has changed from the summer, or last year. LEGO hasn't put them up on their site, they're not for sale, so it's very safe to say that they're not legit pics.
Kollektionneur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote :
"Second, everyone else... you're not MODs. Stop acting like it. Remember that mini-modding is an offense that can land temp-bans too".

So much ways to get banned or to have a post closed... I'm impressed. Even warning someone that he could be banned or provoke the closing of a post gets you banned. The circle is closed well. Laughing

So, are these pictures legit or no ?
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
Yeah, that excuse does seem to come up everytime someone posts these. Let's be clear, everyone, and apply a little bit of logic. If it doesn't say "LEGO" in the name, it's not going to be an "official" LEGO site.

Every single release cycle we go through this, and it seems like there's some wave of stupid that seems to wash over people. Nothing has changed from the summer, or last year. LEGO hasn't put them up on their site, they're not for sale, so it's very safe to say that they're not legit pics.

So, by that rationale, we can not talk about the new sets until they are for sale. Sweet.
What if the sets building instructions are accessible through the customer service page before they are for sale, does that mean they are on the site and we can talk about the sets?

Could someone remind me of what the logic is behind RTB? Does the RTB rule exist so that Lego can push their older products and keep up interest before any new product roll out? Hmmm.

And whatever happened to Sam89? Normally by now he finds pics on the Lego site somewhere and FBTB is alive with commentary. Where is the newshound when we need him?

At least if anything has come from this seasons madness, it has been an education on the specifics involved with RTB.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

logic behind RTB = we get a lego Ambassador. i never paid much attention to the perks of this, but if i'm not wrong, we wouldnt have out "ASK LEGO" section without it.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollektionneur wrote:
dWhisper wrote :
"Second, everyone else... you're not MODs. Stop acting like it. Remember that mini-modding is an offense that can land temp-bans too".

So much ways to get banned or to have a post closed... I'm impressed. Even warning someone that he could be banned or provoke the closing of a post gets you banned. The circle is closed well. Laughing

So, are these pictures legit or no ?

Um, dWhisper IS a mod Neutral
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* Every year we have atleast one or two people who question the RtB policy. Haven't we gone over Why We Have It, and Why Its Good enough already? Lego doesn't want us to talk about Leaked info because it is LEAKED, it's not suppost to be released to the public yet. And we respect that. And in return we have a Lego Ambassador and an Ask Lego section.

And no, we don't have to talk about it only after the set is actually released. We are allowed to talk about it and share it when Lego releases and official image to the public. That could be from a magazine of theirs, or pictures from convention like Toyfair.

If people are still questioning RtB, well either take it up with a MOD (who are much more knowledgable then me)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the Customer Service site is a LEGO site, it's there. As for the RtB, go search, it's out there. Do not PM a MOD to ask about it, because we've all explained it a dozen times over. Do a search, you can find everything you need to know.

As for RtB, as we've said many times before. Many, many, many, many, many times before. It is not going to go anywhere. It's part of what defines us as a site. It's what sets us apart as being different, unique, and respectful of the company most of us love. Yes, we all know about the leaked sets, but we also acknowledge that "leaked" part in their name. That means the information is not intended for public consumption and was essentially stolen at this point. Until it's out there, we don't discuss it.

And that does afford us certain benefits. Like the Ask LEGO forum, our chat with LEGO reps, and even, on occasion, exclusive information.

And like you can find anywhere, Respect the Brick, or we let Collin eat your souls. And nothing escapes that maw.
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just lost half my brain reading this thread. The rule is so incredibly simple... I really need to start handing out some nooblets.

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
BCspeed34

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad part about all of this is that this topic has almost twice as many views as the original RTB topic, made in 2005.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCspeed34 wrote:
Sad part about all of this is that this topic has almost twice as many views as the original RTB topic, made in 2005.

Laughing .../me views RtB policy.
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlasticJedi wrote:
I think I just lost half my brain reading this thread. The rule is so incredibly simple... I really need to start handing out some nooblets.

You would THINK it would be that simple...

...apperantly not to everyone though. Rolling Eyes

DeviantART|Brickshelf
bluemoose
Scientist at Play [VET]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCspeed34 wrote:

That was hardly the 'original' topic, just the earliest global announcement on this version of the forums. 'RtB' was in full effect when I first joined the community back in 2001, and its origins have nothing to do with Ambassadors, or exclusive images, or any other pay-back from LEGO. It was, and remains, the morally & ethically right thing to do - respecting LEGO's (or anyone else's) rights.

I'm sure that seems terribly old fashioned to many people Razz

Ian
TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemoose wrote:
'RtB' was in full effect when I first joined the community back in 2001, and its origins have nothing to do with Ambassadors, or exclusive images, or any other pay-back from LEGO. It was, and remains, the morally & ethically right thing to do - respecting LEGO's (or anyone else's) rights.

That's what I always thought it was about. When I saw people talking about exclusive images, that confused me. I just thought it was about respecting the right of TLG to release pics when they wanted them seen. Hence the name, "RESPECT the Brick"
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemoose wrote:
'RtB' was in full effect when I first joined the community back in 2001, and its origins have nothing to do with Ambassadors, or exclusive images, or any other pay-back from LEGO. It was, and remains, the morally & ethically right thing to do - respecting LEGO's (or anyone else's) rights.

Yeah, the ambassadors and such were more of "thank yous" because we respect Lego's privacy and their right to keep those images unseen till a further date.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's never been up for debate. As we've said, what we get are the perks for following it, not the reason for it. As bluemoose said, it's the right thing to do. But more than that, it's what the owners of this site have laid out as the closest thing to a "law" we have here.

The choice always remains. You can follow RtB, or you can leave the community. Ignoring the first can lead to a forcible execution of the second.
SW Lego Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious, has anyone heard the numbers for the new sets which are possibly set for release in January 2009?

I recieved a list of them, but for fear of being spanked I do not want to list them at this point.

Is there a forum that is now discussing these sets or is it still Taboo?
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What 2009 sets? As far as I'm concerned, the sets don't exist untill LEGO officially release them.
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek Cann wrote:
What 2009 sets? As far as I'm concerned, the sets don't exist untill LEGO officially release them.

Even when the photos are all over the internet? Razz
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
Dalek Cann wrote:

Yep, I'm pretty concerned with them...I mean...ahh...um...I know nothing, nothing at all Wink .
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
Dalek Cann wrote:

Or in some cases, all over store shelves? Razz Razz

I've now seen several new Pirates sets, a new City horse trailer set, some new Racers sets, new Creator sets, and Pirate, Firefighter and Castle building sets all at my local TRU, all on sale now, all dated with a year that's still more than a month away.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SW Lego Nerd wrote:
I am curious, has anyone heard the numbers for the new sets which are possibly set for release in January 2009?

I recieved a list of them, but for fear of being spanked I do not want to list them at this point.

Is there a forum that is now discussing these sets or is it still Taboo?

Read the Respect the Brick forum, and I bet you'll see that the first question violates RtB, the second would as well, and pointing to where you can find leaked stuff is also against it.

Luckily, the bad words filter will block out what I want to say about things like this.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is more with the sizing of the Code of Conduct forum than the members' respective laziness. I propose a simple solution, create a new topic called:

NAKED JUNSIER PICS

...in that hugeass font. The post which it links to will be a Respect the Brick rap, so everyone will read it and understand it.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're still making the assumption that some forum readers (the RtB violators in particular) have a basic comprehension of polysyllabic words. Razz
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam89 wrote:
Dalek Cann wrote:

Well I don't check the internet! Very Happy I go to this iste, and so they aren't posted. Then when I get the magazine, or check the LEGO site, I have a surprise! Razz
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek Cann wrote:

Well I don't check the internet! Very Happy I go to this iste, and so they aren't posted. Then when I get the magazine, or check the LEGO site, I have a surprise! Razz

SITE...nice Razz . I guess suprises are nice, so I can understand that.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, here's a point to wonder about.....the "FBTB Flickr Outpost" has pics on it that are 2009 shots.......

AJay
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: