FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know anything about Lego #6968 Wookiee Attack?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stawas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know anything about Lego #6968 Wookiee Attack? Reply with quote

There are no images of the set but it's listed in the set inventories.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS

It was a promo I think.
tamuhockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't a promo - it was never released. The instructions for it were found only on TLG's site back during the EP3 wave when they put out the Mini-ARC 170 and mini ETA2 - but they never actually released this one for some reason.

Any that you see that have pictures of the completed model, were built using bricks from other sources - no box or polybag version of this set is known to exist.

My Custom Clone Wars RGS on: Brickshelf & MOCpages
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered what had happened to this set. I remember seeing instructions to it a long time ago.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember looking for this last year, some enterprising fellows on BrickLink actually stock all the parts needed as a 'super-lot', I bought a couple last year. Here's another

A bit more pricey than what I paid (~$13 IIRC), but considering the scarcity of some of the parts, constructing one from BL orders would likely cripple you in individual shipping charges.
greivous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more of these super lots on BL? Tried searching but i dont think they have a specific category (?)

Its Lego, not Legos!
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to find more by searching the catalog listings, especially for the rarer parts. I know ruthlessith had a more reasonably priced super lot, but they've been closed for some time now.
tamuhockey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to watch out for people who didn't actually follow the instructions as far as colors go - the Superlot that was listed above uses the wrong colors - basically using Dark-Bluish-Gray, for pieces that are BLACK in the instructions, and using Light-Bluish-Gray, for pieces that are Dark-Bluish-Gray in the instructions.

cowboycoder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The super lot seems to be correct, according to Peeron Confused Though there does seem to be an LCAD version on Brickshelf (linked above), using the colours you suggest.
tamuhockey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboycoder wrote:
The super lot seems to be correct, according to Peeron Confused Though there does seem to be an LCAD version on Brickshelf (linked above), using the colours you suggest.

The Peeron inventory is wrong - if you look at the actual instruction file provided by LEGO, the giveaway is the minifig spear gun - it isn't produced in Light-Bluish-Gray, only Dark-Bluish-Gray. That spear gun is the same color as the Bar 1x3 (telephone), the 1x1 round plates, the 1x2 brick, and the 1x1 bricks with studs on 2 sides. All the slope pieces are a darker color (black) and their purpose is to represent the treads on the droid, which were black in the Wookie Attack set.

If you compare the actual instructions file, to the LCAD brickshelf version and to the picture provided with the superlot - its easy to tell which one is "correct."

The BrickLink inventory for set 6968 is correct - Here

cowboycoder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tamuhockey wrote:
The BrickLink inventory for set 6968 is correct - Here

Hmmm. My first response when looking at the picture for the inventory would be to say that the spear gun and telephone were light bley, which given that the spear gun doesn't come in that colour, makes it an obvious substitution. But comparing the picture with the photo on the super lot, it does look like light bley is far too light.

I guess without the actual set in hand, it would be easy to misinterpret the colours on the instructions, I know I get muddled sometimes with the more recent sets Embarassed

Either way, those super lots are an easy way to get all the uncommon parts in a single BL order, and it doesn't look too bad in the brick! Wink
df-3o3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this one too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320222796066&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D320222796066%26fvi%3D1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: