FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Knight movie thread (beware of spoilers!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: The Dark Knight movie thread (beware of spoilers!) Reply with quote

First midnight showing, ever, for me. I can't wait. Besides the trailer, I haven't seen any clips of it, because I honestly don't want any spoilers.

Anyone else seeing it Friday? In imax maybe? (that'd be cool) Very Happy

Last edited by ZombieAndrew on Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm seeing it in IMAX next Friday when it's released over here. Smile
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must...See...IMax...
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing it at the IMAX on the 24th. Day before general release over here. Can't wait.
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

First midnight showing, ever, for me. I can't wait. Besides the trailer, I haven't seen any clips of it, because I honestly don't want any spoilers.

Anyone else seeing it Friday? In imax maybe? (that'd be cool) Very Happy

Been planning on going Friday since last month Smile

『 <3 』
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. A lot of you guys seeing it in imax. Cool. Smile
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite so at $25 per ticket, but after seeing I Am Legnd there, along with the 6 minute opening to TDK, I'm sure I won't soon forget it.
Though it does still sadden me deeply that Heath Ledger is no longer with us, I'm sure his last film will be his best. I also hope that he can bag that Oscar he might be nominated for.
Zombie Vaultous
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like The Dark Knight will live up to the hype! Very Happy
ZombieD1
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am seeing it on opening night (not at IMAX though). I'm really looking forward to it. Smile
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the midnight showing as well. Although I planned on buying the tickets online, movietickets.com has pulled the option for the advance screening. Looks like I have to go to the cinema before work Thursday night, buy the tickets, head to work, leave work when I'm done, head home, change, go to Batman pre-party, and then TDK!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be seeing it opening day, unlike all of you. Mostly because it's insane to try to go on opening day, and cause I'm not a HUGE batman fan. I plan to see it sometime next week though, with a special someone Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to all the reviews I have read, Ledger is supposed to put Nicholson to shame. Many of the reviews say he might even get an Oscar Nomination which would be a nice end to his filming to career.

MINOR SPOILERS:This movie is supposed to extremely dark so I would advise(All the reviews I have read, emphasize this) not to bring your 9 year olds with you unless they wouldn't mind a few graphic scenes like a kid their age being held at gunpoint, the Joker shoving a pencil into a guys head, or Two Face's facial features. I myself can't wait for this! I hear it is the best comic book adaptation of all time! Batman fans everywhere will see if that is the case this Friday. Until then, Lego "Holy Black Stretchy Tights, Batman!" Apple
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if he tops Nicholson. I want to know if he'll top Cesar Romero. Wink

FettMan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
I won't be seeing it opening day, unlike all of you. Mostly because it's insane to try to go on opening day, and cause I'm not a HUGE batman fan. I plan to see it sometime next week though, with a special someone Wink

Same here, it'll be crazy trying to see it on opening day. I'm gonna see it next week sometime when i'm in Michigan with the gf.
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like that it is suppost to be more dark and graphic. Gives Batman that dark edge that he should have. Not any of that almost cartoony like older movies. (which I can't not say I am a fan of most of the older batman movies)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
I actually like that it is suppost to be more dark and graphic. Gives Batman that dark edge that he should have. Not any of that almost cartoony like older movies. (which I can't not say I am a fan of most of the older batman movies)
I like it as well. I makes it easier to take seriously and it makes it a little more believable in a way.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
I'm seeing it at the IMAX on the 24th. Day before general release over here. Can't wait.

I'm planning to see it the day before that at super special pre-screenings (seems to be the same price even at Imax though).

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Super special pre-screenings"

Is that an official term? Wink
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderman, Hulk, Iron Man and all you other superheroes eat your hearts out. The Dark Knight is in town.

Just got back from the midnight showing of the Dark Knight, and it was superb. Go out and watch it. Now.

Heath Ledger is so gonna win the Oscar for best actor.

To the batmobile! (and bed) It's 3:19 Razz
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't he be best supporting actor? Bale is still the headliner even though the attention is on Ledger.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be some minor spoilers in this post.

The movie was great, the people in the theater, not so much. They laughed at the most disgusting parts, and the people next to, and behind me, were talking through out.

A little too much evil, between Two Face and Joker. It became a little overwhelming. And by the way, the Joker was the scariest thing I've seen on screen. Ever. Being in the front row didn't help I guess (didn't have much of a choice though, they were the only seats left).
I really wish (and thought) they should've saved Two Face for the third film. His creation was done very, very well, but after that, he seemed a bit forced, and rushed. I think he needed his own film, to explore his character.

I also think this would've been a good film for Batman to have understood that by killing one man (the Joker) he could've saved dozens of people from dying.
Once he saw how the Joker was just pure evil, he should've ended it. I understand his rule, and why he has it, I just think this should've been an exception.

Another problem was that the film moved along so quick, and they put so much into it, it was almost like a flashing internet ad, everything went by so quick, I wish they had cut out Two Face (not Dent though), and slowed it down a bit, like in Batman Begins.

Can't wait to see it on DVD, and enjoy it to the fullest. Smile

And yes, it is Scarecrow in the van. Wink
Tyrant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mild spoilers possible in this post

Andrew wrote:
A little too much evil, between Two Face and Joker.

I think that is meant to tie into what Gordon spoke of in the finale to Begins. Escalation. The mob is bad. Psychos willing to destory everything around them for laughs are worse. Weakening the mob creates a power vacuum in the underworld. Someone like the Joker steps in to fill it because he is the type of person that can get to Batman and the people of Gotham in ways the mob never could. The mob simply were too much into "planning". Batman turned that plan upside down. The Joker thought one good turn deserves another being someone who is not much into "planning".

Also, these movies seem to be going with something resembling realism. These characters, if made real, wouldn't be funny. They would be monsters. Batman is supposed to be the best in what people can put their abilites towards. The Joker is the other end of the scale showing how people can take what they have and use it for pure evil. Two Face is the other side to Batman's origin. He is a look at what Bruce could have been if he had given in to his temptation to take revenge (as he almost did). Their evil is the unstoppable force to the immovable object that is Batman's good. (reference to a line in the movie, great line by the way with foreshadowing)

Andrew wrote:
I also think this would've been a good film for Batman to have understood that by killing one man (the Joker) he could've saved dozens of people from dying.
Once he saw how the Joker was just pure evil, he should've ended it. I understand his rule, and why he has it, I just think this should've been an exception.

Though I agree with this principal in theory (and in some real world situations), it doesn't fit the character. Intentionally killing and simply not saving someone aren't the same thing (though it is a dangerously fine line). If he kills the Joker, the Joker wins. It proves his point that people are capable of anything when they are pressed to the wall, societal rules be damned. That's why he constantly targets Batman. He is the one man that seemingly won't break. He is the exception to the Joker's percieved rule (everyone is one bad day away from being just like the Joker). If Batman did break and kill him, the Joker would die a happy man knowing that he broke the unbreakable. So, while the idea might work and some would agree with it, others would see that it really goes against Batman's character (at least, post gun wielding Batman's character anyway). At the end of the day he still has to look at himself in the mirror.
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to a midnight showing myself, and the movie is incredible. Equally worth hype is the trailers for 'The Spirit (Trailer 2)' and 'Watchmen' which were before the movie. Definitely, DEFINITELY search YouTube for both and watch them, they're pretty amazing.
Lego Apple

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler Question:Can anyone describe how Two-Face looked? I mean, I know that is kinda geeky but, I just want to know if he is disappointing and sorta cheesy or if his facial features were pulled off well. Thanks-
Lego "Why so Serious?" Apple
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Apple wrote:
Spoiler Question:Can anyone describe how Two-Face looked? I mean, I know that is kinda geeky but, I just want to know if he is disappointing and sorta cheesy or if his facial features were pulled off well. Thanks-

Grotesque. I don't want to say anything more, but if you need to see more, click here for a picture.
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, saw Dark Night midnight. I thought it was awesome!

Spoilers wrote:
I like the part when the Joker blew up the hospital. Very Happy Also, "Wanna know how I got these scars?"

I have a question. If they decide on making a third movie in the series, who do you think will be the villain in it? A lot of people I know say the Riddler, and that would be cool, but I think Killer Croc would be awesome. Or Man-Bat.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume, since Harvey is in it, that the next villain would be Two-Face.
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Spoilers wrote:
Yeah, but Harvey Dent "died" at the end of the Dark Night.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lego Apple wrote:

Another reason why they should've waited on Two Face, no one could've healed that quick, his eye wouldn't still be functioning (if it was still there, it would be black, and burned, or at least a little red) and he would've been leaking healing juices everywhere.

They really should've waited on Two Face. (hence my previous comment, too much evil between them, they each deserved their own movie).

Besides that, and how uncomfortable watching the Joker was, it was a great film.

My Mom and sister however, said they won't been seeing it again, until right before the third film comes out. Hehe. Razz
Poohbear
Silly Old Bear

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also went to the midnight showing. I think Harvey Dent/Two Face had the perfect storyline and amount of screen time. We saw everything we needed to realize how broken of a man Harvey had become after Rachel's death and how much the Joker was able to twist him. If they were to let him live in TDK and bring him on as the villain in the sequel, I think he, as a character, would be treading water. Anymore Two Face after TDK would just seem redundant IMO.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: