FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2008 Exclusive Death Star Playset thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... another expensive LEGO to add to the want list.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.......the size of this set is going to be a big thing amongst SW Lego fans. People want it to be big, but it's unlikely that Lego will do the mother of all chocolate cakes - that would be very expensive I think. If it is a lovely great big set of adventure then I'm sure someone on here will say (come next week): "Look at the size of that thing!". Rolling Eyes Laughing

I'd love it to be a big playset but the thought of it having every detail of that "moon" seems hard to achieve for a reasonable price. Yes, it's bound to be expensive but to what extent? How high can the price go for a standard SW Lego set that isn't UCS? Neutral

Question
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the set is going to be an S@H exclusive (set 10188). The Sandcrawler, whilst listed on S@H as UCS, is a minifig scale set. And that costs $140.
Marty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I welcome the chance at finally getting the Lego deathstar for the minifigures, it pains me to say this.
Going by Legos reputation and what it costs, (around $100. US) it's not going to be everyones cup of tea. I haven't seen it, but if the cloudcity was anything to go by it won't live up to most peoples expections.
It's got to have a working trash compactor, the detention block & cell are going to be a must as well as a tractor beam platform, just working those 3 items into a small set is going to be tight on the bricks and I've never known Lego to be that keen to offer more bicks than it should if it's also supplying minifigures. Saying that, will kids be happy with it and will it be enough.
Bottom line, if it's worth doing something, then it's worth doing well, I just hope they don't skimp on this, and do it right.
As next year I want a Tauntaun!!
Marty
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I can't wait! I am curious as to what to expect. A smaller sphere death star that opens up showing separate rooms? Or just a few rooms connected together so that it resembles something like Cloud City? I guess I'll just have
to wait...
Big Cam

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are'nt the summer sets suppose to show up Juneish?? Anyone know a date?
Newshound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Summer sets are released July 26th. But this is an S@H exclusive, so it'll probably be released later in the year.
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam how do you know these things? Confused

Thanks though, better start saving! Cool
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy (the Admin on Rebelscum) says that the sets have a release date of July 26th. I know that the Death Star is an S@H Exclusive because its set number is 5-digit (10188).
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's got good parts for the money and cool minifigs I'll be happy. Any Death Star scene could always be built better as a MOC anyways(No offense set designers. You have budget limitations, obviously.) but I don't doubt it will be something cool for kids to play with. Anyone hoping for some highly detailed masterpiece to display would be better off buying UCS sets.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you ever hollow out a Death Star II, leave a skeleton frame of some sort and fill it in with various places? E.g. The Throne Room, landing bay, etc. That would look pretty good. Idea The landing bay would have to be mini scale of course.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Could you ever hollow out a Death Star II, leave a skeleton frame of some sort and fill it in with various places? E.g. The Throne Room, landing bay, etc. That would look pretty good. Idea The landing bay would have to be mini scale of course.

It would be very hard. The Death Star's frame is VERY weak. and not too mention that the incomplete side of the DSII isn't hollow.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What so we are allowed to talk about the death star set but not about the other4 Clone wars sets?

" Let me show you how it works clanker!"

Captain REX of the 501st
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this but bigger would be fantastic.
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain REX wrote:
What so we are allowed to talk about the death star set but not about the other4 Clone wars sets?

The information on the Death Star set comes from official sources. The set number showed up several months ago on the LEGO.com's parts replacement service section and the teaser in ToyFare was given to them by LEGO. The rumors about four other Clone Wars sets (not shown at Toy Fair) have not been confirmed by any official source as defined buy the Respect the Brick Policy here on FBTB. If you really want to discuss unsubstantiated rumors, there are plenty of other LEGO sites where you can do so.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HothTrooper wrote:
captain REX wrote:

The information on the Death Star set comes from official sources. The set number showed up several months ago on the LEGO.com's parts replacement service section and the teaser in ToyFare was given to them by LEGO. The rumors about four other Clone Wars sets (not shown at Toy Fair) have not been confirmed by any official source as defined buy the Respect the Brick Policy here on FBTB. If you really want to discuss unsubstantiated rumors, there are plenty of other LEGO sites where you can do so.

Fine if you think they've not been confirmed but ill be the one laughing when they come out

Captain REX of the 501st
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why? All you have to do is wait a while for official confirmation of the sets then you can talk all you want. We had to wait to speak about 7670/7671 (and the rest of that release) for a month or so, so I'm sure you can.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok dude, do you know about the leaked info policy? Just because its picture has been revealed on other websites, that doesn't make it official unless shown by LEGO, at a convention, or in this case, in a magazine. Those specific sets were LEAKED, LEGO does not want them discussed yet, and we on this forum respect that. Anyone whose been to Eurobricks knows about them, the pictures are on the front page. We just don't talk about them here until they have official confirmation. Hothtrooper linked to our forum policy in his post, I suggest you check it out.

Anyway back on topic. The Death Star Playset was confirmed, and we are speculating on what exactly it might be. I'm really expecting a playset something like THIS one, and better than THIS one. The first one, which I have, is nice because it's very open and you can access all the little bits inside. I'd like to see it as a few rooms and a hangar, even if it doesn't have a floor.

Stuff I want to see, given that based on Luke and Han as stormies, this will be based on ANH:
-Detention area/ garbage masher
-room where they find out the princess is in the detention area, overlooking the hangar
- cannon seen in the Battle of Yavin (either the boxy one or the black one)
- area where Obi Wan and Vader fought
-chasm and little walkway with tracor beam, which can be removed for Luke swinging action
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:

Stuff I want to see, given that based on Luke and Han as stormies, this will be based on ANH:
-Detention area/ garbage masher
-room where they find out the princess is in the detention area, overlooking the hangar
- cannon seen in the Battle of Yavin (either the boxy one or the black one)
- area where Obi Wan and Vader fought
-chasm and little walkway with tracor beam, which can be removed for Luke swinging action

Though all of that is great, I don't think Lego would be able to include it all. Hopefully I'm wrong and they somehow do fit it all in, but personally I don't see it happening.

I hope they include a new mini fig (besides Han and Luke in armor, I don't consider that very "new") This is a great chance that Lego could include a Death Star Gunner.
The Must have figures though have to be:
-Han armor
-Luke armor
-Leia
-Chewi
-3PO
-R2
-Obi Wan
-Vader
-Storm Trooper

some other figures that could be included that would make the set great could be Tarkin, mouse droid, Death Star Gunner, Imperial commanders or officers

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Ara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with DD. After Cloud City I've lost faith in Lego's SW playsets. The thing I want to see most is a parking spot for my 4504.

BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then how do we know that the death star set is coming out if all we have seen is a picture of 2 minifigs?

Captain REX of the 501st
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the two minifigs could only be in the Death Star, and there's already been information on the Deat Star playset, it's a pretty good tip-off, captain REX.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could be MOCS even i could make them. Besides there has been information about the 4 other clone wars sets

Captain REX of the 501st
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if they're in ToyFare Magazine they're not... see Flynn's post.

Please look up the word "OFFICIAL," then read the Respect the Brick policy. Just because something is on the internet, that doesn't mean it's information from LEGO. Said CW sets are leaked pictures.
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captain REX wrote:
They could be MOCS even i could make them. Besides there has been information about the 4 other clone wars sets

I don't want to get too far off topic, but GIR3691 is right. You should read the Respect the Brick Policy. There is a very clear definition there as to what is and isn't official information for the purposes of this site. However, to summarize for your convenience, ToyFare was given permission by LEGO to release that teaser to the public. That makes it acceptable to discuss here at FBTB. The dealer catalogs you're alluding to were not given permission by LEGO to publish information to the general public. They're meant to be viewed by dealers and industry professionals. That makes the information contained in them not allowable for discussion here at FBTB.

Back on topic, I'm hoping this turns out to be more substantial than 10123. I think they tried to do too much with that one. I'd rather see two or three enclosed, well constructed Death Star locations than four or five scaled down open air ones like in the Cloud City set.
zombie REX
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine but ill still be laughing Twisted Evil

Captain REX of the 501st
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but what if those sets which you seem to love so much where just some fan who wanted to annoy and confuse everyone, so made fake mockups from one of their MOCs.

They probably aren't, but you never know. You could just have the good grace to accept it all, not be too much of a jerk, and go read the code of conduct and everything to it's full extent. Mmkay.

Good.
Swoosh Zombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually condone troll feeding of this nature, but the joke's on you. Nobody is debating the existance of the new clone wars sets, we've got a pretty good handle on this internet thingie and have in fact seen the pics of the new clone wars sets. I suggest you take the others advice and read up on the rules, or you could be looking at a time out.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
.......and better than THIS one.

I was once bought that for my birthday - it was years ago. I still have it too, but I don't think the box is around. Neutral Anyway, that thing gave me hours of fun. Golden memories. Smile
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
I was once bought that for my birthday - it was years ago. I still have it too, but I don't think the box is around. Neutral Anyway, that thing gave me hours of fun. Golden memories. Smile

I have the first one. It is so awesome, came with a battle damaged Vader's tie fighter an a micro Vader with removable hemlet, though that got lost really fast. I think it's a well designed playset, though there's not much to it. It's also a ROTJ version, but I would be very satisfied if it resembled that.

Oh yeah, minifigs I's like to see:
-Vader and Ben Kenobi for the area for them to fight
-Luke and Han (confirmed as Stormie disguise)
-Chewie and Leia
-R2 and 3P0 would be a nice bonus, but I think it would be fine without them
-Imperial Officer (stormtroopers are readily available in the BP, so we don't need them)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 2 of 28
Jump to: