FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to update some minifigures?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say odd. Do you mean that because it's a new head design? or something else?

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe it's just me, but from the pictures I've seen, it looks a lot like that knight from the Orient Expedition "Dragon Fortress" or what not.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...yeah I can't say I see what your seeing Razz

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:

Sometimes, things are changed and the decision is not fully thought through.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that comment, but your tone implies that the change to fug-toon figs is a permanent fixture for LEGO Star Wars. Clearly, seeing sets like the new Death Star should drive home the point that the "anime" minfiigs are exclusive to the Clone Wars line.

Yeah, I realise that Draykov, thanks. But there are going to be a lot of Clone Wars line sets in the near future. The dramatic change of the fug-toon figs is way too much. They could have released the Clone Wars line with standard mini-fig faces and no-one would have been saying "But the figs don't look cartoony enough".

And looking at the pics, I'm sure that the Emperor definitely has a new face... Looks like a slight change in the definition of his face. More color round the eyes compared to the 7264 minifig.

Not much change, just like the difference between AT-AT drivers of 4482 and 10178. The triangle on the helmet goes to a point on the new one, where it stops halfway before coming to a point on the older trooper.

Last edited by Sandtrooper Platoon on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vidzombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Palpy? Did I miss something big?

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Palps looks like a frog IMO. Laughing
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vidgamer838 wrote:
New Palpy? Did I miss something big?

Yeah, the Palps in the new Death Star set has a new face design. Plus new body print I believe.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Vidzombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that new Palpy. I thought that an Episode 3 palpatine was in discussion, because of the recent Toys R Us vote thing, and the fact that Sir Nadroj found this hair at a lego store: http://flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/2662702340/

Flickr

Last edited by conan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Blondie-Wan"][quote="tauntaunwampa"]We may get a flesh Dooku becuase of the new clone wars series so lets keep our fingers crossed but for the other ones I think that we can live with yellow skin.[/quote]

"Updating" to fleshtones is only one of two reasons for revisiting previously-done characters in new sets, of course (and not even the primary one for a lot of us, as shown by the fact some of us would rather have all yellow anyway). The overall line is now nine years old, and well over a hundred sets have been released. Not everyone here has all of them - indeed, I think the overwhelming majority of people here are missing quite a few sets (or at least characters) they want. Lots of people want another set with Lobot or Dooku or whoever just because they don't have a Lobot or a Dooku at all, and don't want to shell out massively on eBay for single minifigs.[/quote]

we are. in the new solar sailor in February- http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/Shop06/Products/ultraPopUp_8.swf?s_xmlPath=http:/%2fshop.lego.com%2fServices%2fWebservices%2fAssetsWS.asmx%2fGetProductAssets%3fproductID%3d7752&s_button=moreView
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it's probably a fugtoon Clone Wars style fig, which I'm still not too keen about.

Edit: saw the fig on LEGO's site. Dooku resembles some sort of bearded muppet to me.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted from the locked Clone Wars Cartoon Minifigs: Get Over It!
thread:

RogueJedi007 wrote:
I have been collecting SW Lego since the first release 10 years ago and have been around this site since the Yakface days. I have seen a lot of things change over the years and I think it is all for the better. Which in my opinion includes the new Clone wars cartoon minifigs. That is my opinion. There are some people who agree and some people disagree. I am so sick and tired of people here posting in every thread at every available opportunity that they do not like the new faces and think they are ugly. But guess what, they are here and they are here for the time being. So please get over it. Save the rest of us some reading and stop claiming the new heads are ugly at every turn.

But I do see the point of the people who don't like the new faces. The Anakin face is different I will admit that but as people have done you change it for a Luke head and be done with it. But some of the new faces I really enjoy like the Yoda and Windu. The old Yoda head did not have any painted features and looks half complete. The new one I think is much better. Same with Mace Windu, the old face was plain and boring and the new one is much better. I am hoping they will re-do or at least re-release with a paint scheme the Jabba mould since I also thought what Lego has done with Jabba before was also half complete. They could even re-release the Jabba figure in purple as Ziro, even though I am not a fan of that character.

I have to say that I don't appreciate the presumptuous thread title or the "I've been collecting since..." comment, as if your opinion was somehow more valuable. I know what it's like to be sick of seeing certain comments around here over and over, but when it comes to someone expressing an opinion, feel free to disagree, state so, and move on.

Bottom line, we've all been given the privilege to voice our opinions here, and while doing so ad nauseum is not something I encourage, it's a fairly minor thing ultimately. Changing something a nerd loves sparks outrage on the Internet. That's nothing new.
brownie69yov3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, that new Palpy. I thought that an Episode 3 palpatine was in discussion, because of the recent Toys R Us vote thing, and the fact that Sir Nadroj found this hair at a lego store: http://flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/2662702340/

i was skimming brickshelf today and it someone had scans of what looked like a new lego magazine or some sort of printed comic based on the clonewars, one frame had a palpatine with that ^exact hair along with some republic commandos or securtiy- the blue guys with trojan like helmets that were featured in the previous episode of the clone wars with nute gunray and luminara unduli...so hopefully we will be seeing a playset or something featuring palpatine
RogueJedi007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
Quoted from the locked Clone Wars Cartoon Minifigs: Get Over It!
thread:

RogueJedi007 wrote:
I have been collecting SW Lego since the first release 10 years ago and have been around this site since the Yakface days. I have seen a lot of things change over the years and I think it is all for the better. Which in my opinion includes the new Clone wars cartoon minifigs. That is my opinion. There are some people who agree and some people disagree. I am so sick and tired of people here posting in every thread at every available opportunity that they do not like the new faces and think they are ugly. But guess what, they are here and they are here for the time being. So please get over it. Save the rest of us some reading and stop claiming the new heads are ugly at every turn.

But I do see the point of the people who don't like the new faces. The Anakin face is different I will admit that but as people have done you change it for a Luke head and be done with it. But some of the new faces I really enjoy like the Yoda and Windu. The old Yoda head did not have any painted features and looks half complete. The new one I think is much better. Same with Mace Windu, the old face was plain and boring and the new one is much better. I am hoping they will re-do or at least re-release with a paint scheme the Jabba mould since I also thought what Lego has done with Jabba before was also half complete. They could even re-release the Jabba figure in purple as Ziro, even though I am not a fan of that character.

I have to say that I don't appreciate the presumptuous thread title or the "I've been collecting since..." comment, as if your opinion was somehow more valuable. I know what it's like to be sick of seeing certain comments around here over and over, but when it comes to someone expressing an opinion, feel free to disagree, state so, and move on.

Bottom line, we've all been given the privilege to voice our opinions here, and while doing so ad nauseum is not something I encourage, it's a fairly minor thing ultimately. Changing something a nerd loves sparks outrage on the Internet. That's nothing new.

I was not trying to be presumptuous but I only meant that there have been a lot of changes in the last 10 years like cartoon heads, flesh colour etc etc.

And I did express my opinion, that I disagree in my now locked thread, and moved on.

Yes we can all voice our opinions. Some of us like the cartoon heads, some don't. Post your concerns in the Ask Lego section so they are aware then move on. So we all know people don't like the new heads, and then Lego will get it. There used to be a lot of good discussion around FBTB but every where I go now in every thread there is someone complaining about the new heads. Not adding anything insightful, interesting or well thought-out but just another complaint about the new heads.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't that "Ask LEGO" is the right place to spam up the forums about the issue. Greg Hyland does have a cartoon that comments on it in the latest Brick Journal, so I don't think you're alone if that's any consolation. Personally, I haven't seen criticism of the Clone Wars figure faces at every turn, but then, I've been a pretty vocal critic myself, so maybe I've just not been annoyed by it. But we're always going to have something like that going on around here...whether it's a petition to re-release the RGS or a million battlepack threads. Just the nature of the hobby and Internet forums I guess.
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a Reddish Brown Lando, I mean, colour update for one and an actual appearence in a non-playset set.

The new Dooku looks awful, but the ship does not.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: