FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to update some minifigures?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's at least a few people here that only collect official products without any kind of customization. That would mean to get these figs, they would have to come out in an official set. Sure it's not a big deal to those of us that don't mind swapping out parts, but it is to other types of collectors.
astoriabluelegos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HothTrooper wrote:
There's at least a few people here that only collect official products without any kind of customization. That would mean to get these figs, they would have to come out in an official set. Sure it's not a big deal to those of us that don't mind swapping out parts, but it is to other types of collectors.

That's taking puritism to an extreme! Shocked

The Official, Eternal, StarWars Nit-Picker!
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is extreme purism. Shocked
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Personally, I think as long as the identical parts can be found elsewhere in new condition, it's a non-issue.
astoriabluelegos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
Agreed. Personally, I think as long as the identical parts can be found elsewhere in new condition, it's a non-issue.

Exactly! I think the figs we need most in flesh or at ALL are Padmes (yes she was only available in TWO sets in one clothes type! Mad ) Palpatine, before "facial reconstruction" Dooku (we might get him in the Clone Wars series, but I don't know) Lobot, Biggs, aunt Beru, Wedge (C'mon LEGO, NO GENERIC SMILEY FACE! Evil or Very Mad ) Porkins! and Captain Panaka, and some Naboo security. (Obviously Panaka wouldn't be flesh, but the security guards could be.) Very Happy

Last edited by astoriabluelegos on Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
HothTrooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astoriabluelegos wrote:
That's taking puritism to an extreme! Shocked

commanderbly42 wrote:
Wow, that is extreme purism. Shocked

It is extreme, but there are collectors that feel that way. I'm not one of them, but I try to be mindful of their viewpoint. I agree that previously released characters that have yet to be released in flesh should be a priority, but that shouldn't discount the possibility of previously released flesh characters being reissued with new hairpieces or details either.
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the new Ahsoka headpiece, I think that it may also be time for Shaak Ti. And with that, more new jedi like Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi would be welcomed as well.
astoriabluelegos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commanderbly42 wrote:
With the new Ahsoka headpiece, I think that it may also be time for Shaak Ti. And with that, more new jedi like Aayla Secura and Ki-Adi-Mundi would be welcomed as well.

Yeah, We're already geting Plo Koon! Very Happy

wehalk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Ausome wrote:
I rhink they should release a fleshie normal Solo that we dont have to pay 500 bucks for.

I guess swapping out a fleshy Indiana Jones head out for Solo's doesn't count? Heh Laughing

..ooOO(- Wehalk -)OOoo..
Get Funky
astoriabluelegos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wehalk wrote:
Captain Ausome wrote:
I rhink they should release a fleshie normal Solo that we dont have to pay 500 bucks for.

I guess swapping out a fleshy Indiana Jones head out for Solo's doesn't count? Heh Laughing

No, Han is clean-shavin. Very Happy

ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That and the new Falcon comes with offical 1970s flesh exposed Han-chest...at least I guess that's what that is supposed to be. Hard to print flesh on white I guess. Yet Luke's torso came out just fine. Weird.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Ausome wrote:

There is a fleshie solo in the 6212 X-wing set. It may be in Hoth form but you can take the head and place it on a EpIV body.

As for flesh Harry, I always thought having the red hair looked lame. It looks more like he has sustained a head wound than it representing his bangs!

I purchased a few 7666 sets and some Hoth Rebels off Bricklink. Only one of them has a smiley face, the rest are the heads from Indy sets. They look like they are there to kick butt with moustaches, mean determined faces and stubble. That's the way you MOC some rocking minifigs!
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, what I'd really like to see would be a return to classic LEGO minifig yellow for all human skintones (that don't represent Dark Side corruption of the flesh, extreme injury, etc. - the ashen gray Anakin / Vader, sickly white-gray Palpatine, etc. can stay), but I do realize that's not going to happen.

Ah, well. I guess the current approach is the best one for kids given how they resolve ethnic identity and all, but I do yearn for the more innocent, idealistic / naive approach of having a single, non-naturally-occurring tone represent the entire human spectrum. C'est la vie...

As long as we're stuck with fleshies, though, I guess we should just cross our fingers and hope for flesh updatings of all the previously-done characters and be done with it. I'd also like to see the Cloud City-style Boba Fett deco become standard for future Fett figs (Jango and Boba alike). I don't know about standardized printed legs for stormtroopers, though, unless there's some way for people with massive investments in their armies from all other sets to get just that pair of legs, and I don't foresee a Stormtrooper Legs accessory pack anytime in the immediate future (though come to think of it, if they ever do issue the legs again in any other set, then perhaps they could hopefully offer the legs via Pick-a-Brick, and let people update their entire extant armies relatively painlessly...).
Blacknight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny reviewing these comments now that we know about the Death Star mega set.

Acyre wrote:
R2-D2 using a pearl silver dome instead of a white one, with revised printing that covers the whole dome rather than just the top half.

Bingo, wish granted, more or less.

Captain Ausome wrote:

Again, wish granted, now it's in a $400 set. Much better, right? Wink

I agree with Blondie-Wan, as much as you guys who gave into the temptation of fleshies would like to see the remaining yellow heads made fleshie, those of us who have stayed loyal to traditional minifigs wish Lego would make yellow versions of all the newer fleshie figs. Right now we each have our "exclusive" heads and maybe it's best it stays that way. You guys have Tarkin, we have Dooku. The force is balanced. Smile
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
I agree with Blondie-Wan, as much as you guys who gave into the temptation of fleshies would like to see the remaining yellow heads made fleshie, those of us who have stayed loyal to traditional minifigs wish Lego would make yellow versions of all the newer fleshie figs. Right now we each have our "exclusive" heads and maybe it's best it stays that way. You guys have Tarkin, we have Dooku. The force is balanced. Smile

Heh.

At this point I wouldn't be averse to having everybody updated to fleshies, since we're committed that way anyway whether we like it or not, but if I had my way I'd go in the other direction and see that all (human) characters released made it to Classic Yellow.
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacknight wrote:
Right now we each have our "exclusive" heads and maybe it's best it stays that way. You guys have Tarkin, we have Dooku. The force is balanced. Smile

Not really. You can stick a flesh Obi Wan head on Dooku's body and have that character. Looks just fine. Razz

All you guys wishing for yellow versions of new minifigs are hilarious. It's not going to happen. Never ever, ever again. Your best hope is to keep an eye out for yellow heads from other themes that might look close enough to use.

Now you can go on living the rest of your life. Razz
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...the war in the Licensed Line Theater of Operations has been over for years...and the fleshies won.
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
All you guys wishing for yellow versions of new minifigs are hilarious. It's not going to happen. Never ever, ever again. Your best hope is to keep an eye out for yellow heads from other themes that might look close enough to use.

Now you can go on living the rest of your life. Razz

Apparently you missed my explicit acknowledgment:

Blondie-Wan wrote:
Personally, what I'd really like to see would be a return to classic LEGO minifig yellow for all human skintones (that don't represent Dark Side corruption of the flesh, extreme injury, etc. - the ashen gray Anakin / Vader, sickly white-gray Palpatine, etc. can stay), but I do realize that's not going to happen.
(bolding added for emphasis)

... as well as this subsequent capitulation, which followed in the very same post:

Blondie-Wan wrote:
As long as we're stuck with fleshies, though, I guess we should just cross our fingers and hope for flesh updatings of all the previously-done characters and be done with it. I'd also like to see the Cloud City-style Boba Fett deco become standard for future Fett figs (Jango and Boba alike). I don't know about standardized printed legs for stormtroopers, though, unless there's some way...
(again, bolding added for emphasis)

Not that anyone ever pays much attention to anything I say, of course... Crying or Very sad

Confused Razz
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
That and the new Falcon comes with offical 1970s flesh exposed Han-chest...at least I guess that's what that is supposed to be. Hard to print flesh on white I guess. Yet Luke's torso came out just fine. Weird.

Probably because Luke's torso actually is white plastic, while Han's is black - the light-colored shirt is part of the print, not the plastic's color.
Kaiba

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]I would love this count duku
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may get a flesh Dooku becuase of the new clone wars series so lets keep our fingers crossed but for the other ones I think that we can live with yellow skin. Wouldn't be great if they made a simpsons line.....
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tauntaunwampa wrote:
We may get a flesh Dooku becuase of the new clone wars series so lets keep our fingers crossed but for the other ones I think that we can live with yellow skin.

"Updating" to fleshtones is only one of two reasons for revisiting previously-done characters in new sets, of course (and not even the primary one for a lot of us, as shown by the fact some of us would rather have all yellow anyway). The overall line is now nine years old, and well over a hundred sets have been released. Not everyone here has all of them - indeed, I think the overwhelming majority of people here are missing quite a few sets (or at least characters) they want. Lots of people want another set with Lobot or Dooku or whoever just because they don't have a Lobot or a Dooku at all, and don't want to shell out massively on eBay for single minifigs.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tauntaunwampa wrote:
We may get a flesh Dooku becuase of the new clone wars series so lets keep our fingers crossed but for the other ones I think that we can live with yellow skin. Wouldn't be great if they made a simpsons line.....

Yes, we may get a flesh dooku, but it will be a "smackhead" fleshie.

Watching the animated Dooku is like looking at the leader of the Banking Clan in the movies. His head looks like it was place in a vise!

The animation went wrong somewhere along the line. The mix between Anime and Reality just doesn't appear to work... And the minifigs look atrocious. What a travesty! Embarassed Shocked

I think that the new Luke hair (and color) for the DS playset appears to be perfect. Luke is blonde. Changing his hair to brown wouldn't make any sense.

I hope that one day we will see "normal" updates of ATOC Obi-Wan and Anakin. Kit Fisto in the Hyperdrive ring set was done perfectly.
Hopefully, sometime in the near future, we will get "realistic" looking minifigs (traditional SWLego minifigs) of Jedi once more. Cool

Sometimes, things are changed and the decision is not fully thought through.

Death to the creepy minifig! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly on the animation:

I HATE nearly every CGI animation aside from Pixar because, aside form terrible storylines, they could so easily have been animated in 2D, due to their realistic look. Pixar has that style, but does it in a way to make me like it.

Had the film been doen in realistic animation, it'd would have begged the question - why no just do it live action. I love the animation here and it its well with Star Wars.

I also like the new figs. They capture the feel of the cartoons and give the whole line some individuality.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
KitFisto007

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HothTrooper wrote:

To the astonishment of others, that is how I like to think of it. I do not make my own minifigures. Only if they come in an official set, do I think of them as Lego Star Wars minifigs. Neutral It's just the way I think.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a new Jango Fett. Yes, it may decrease the value of the original, bt I want one that is dark bley for the torso and has flesh tone face imprint on a black head.
Captain Fordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's understandable they only made one Jango mini (that I was fortunate enough to get when it came out) but...this is rediculous...can we get another Count Dooku minifig?! Please?!

Previously Known as Commander Bacara...but I forgot my password :\.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a great new way you can have a cool flesh tone Dooku, with a well detailed face. I took a look at a Dr. Jones Sr. figure, and it appeared to be a match, all but the glasses. I took an x-acto knife and gently scraped away the glasses. Please note, you may lose a few features such as wrinkles or crows feet, but the end result is perfect.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandtrooper Platoon wrote:

Sometimes, things are changed and the decision is not fully thought through.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that comment, but your tone implies that the change to fug-toon figs is a permanent fixture for LEGO Star Wars. Clearly, seeing sets like the new Death Star should drive home the point that the "anime" minfiigs are exclusive to the Clone Wars line.
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speking of new figs, does that New Palpy seem a bit odd to anyone?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: