FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrest of Palpatine: What would YOU like to see?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VamprahDEADDEADDEAD
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here we go:

1 Kit Fisto
1 Mace Windu
1 Saesee Tiin
1 Agen Kolar
2 Blue Senate guards
1 Anakin (Reverse Head, with scary, creepy face)
1 Palpatine (New hair mold, face and wearing a skirt)
1 Emperor (Reason being, the actual emporer in robes isn't that common)

The room would have to be pretty big with shatter windows and maybe Mace could be holding some grey handcuffs. The office should have ornaments, a base plate with dark red flat tiles and the desk would have documents on it aand a computer, maybe futuristic and the Bionicle Visorak Gate spring system for the emperor. All chrome Hilts

NO CARTOONY FIG HEADS
#1. Lego Clone Wars

My Youtube Account
MingoDave

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie Clone Trooper wrote:
MingoDave, I'm not sure where you got the $4 per minifig from. My experience and evidence show them to be around $1.50 to $2.00 USD.
Could you please explain?

Trooper: You're right, for standard minifigs (think a generic train worker or castle knight). The standard figs are reused in multiple sets over multiple years, distributing the cost of printing the face and torso over a broad spectrum of product lines and production runs. For a limited-edition set with new face and torso designs for every figure (the basic Jedi robe torsos perhaps could be reused), plus new hair/hat designs for more than one figure, you'll see a higher price/figure. Since the Build-a-Minifig features at some Lego stores are (I think) $3.50, I'd be very surprised if the price/fig was lower than that for something as limited as this.
Newbie Clone Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7667&cn=520&d=322
$10.00 = $2.50 per fig, plus bricks also fairly new molds and it's SW.
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?p=7668&cn=240&d=322
Same goes here, but with a even newer mold.
At pick-a-brick, minifig legs cost $.25 to $.28 with no printing.
Hats go from $.25 to $.09 I'd guess the new molds would cost more.
Heads, $.19 to $.13 maybe more with extra printing.
Torso is $.58 to $.28
A grand total at top price of $1.30! This is at pick-a-brick prices too.
$4.00, not likely.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, any Palpatine arrest set should include quite a number of minifigs, especially since you have four Jedi, Palpatine, guards and Anakin. As such, perhaps a decent-sized playset would be nice, with actual walls and lighting fixtures, a decent tiled floor and maybe steps, Palpatine's desk, a shatterable window and perhpas some sort of catapult to spring Mace Windu to his doom. If needed, a door for the Jedi's entrances could be added, and I'd love to see the mural of the Sith battle. I can imagine a vastly simpler version of the set, but I can't imagine that coming with nearly enough minifigs.

><>
michealearlwillard

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this could really be LEGO's chance to flex their interior design muscle. I can't seem to think of many large well designed interiors being introduced in System sets.
501legion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there are going to be one palpy and one sidious seperately, they should look like these:

and i think sidious should be pale colored, not grey.

113/8
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

501legion wrote:
...and i think sidious should be pale colored, not grey.

I would go with whatever color they used for Bib Fortuna...was that tan? The reddish-orange eyes on tan were pretty striking and, I think, would lend themselves to a sithed out Palpy pretty well.
NinthCircle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the suggestions for the four Jedi (and no new head molds), a switch head Palpy (I've been dying for one since I saw Kaminoan's outstanding custom). But the Palpy should include a hair piece and a cowl. An Anakin should also be included. 6 figures are pretty siginigicant, getting more might be pushing it but those 6 are essential.

I don't know about what to include in the office, I just want it modeled really well. I want it to look like a fan design with regards to desk detail, flooring, etc. There doesn't really need to be much other than the office (though it'd be nice). The break-away window is a great idea.

And I'll just throw this out there. It's not exactly part of the arrest, but I'd like to see a little extra scene action out of Palpy's office in the form of the Yoda duel. In this case a Yoda and 2 blue guards would be necessary. This could make 3 scenes out of one set (Anakin's confrontation, the arrest, and the Yoda duel). The Senate floor wouldn't be necessary, but one senatorial platform for the Yoda/Palpy duel could add some more playbaility. The platform could be nice and simple (maybe use some of those big circular elements already in existence).

Like I said with the Home One set, "This is going to be for LEGO fans and Star Wars nuts. We're going to want something that will look fantastic as an official set (because a lot of people will just buy it, build it, and display it)." I think the structure design should be very aesthetically pleasing and have a nice finished look. The office should be the main piece (and it doesn't have to be to scale or large at all, just solidly designed. I'd like a small hallway and a Senate platform. The platform may wind up looking disjointed, but I think the suspened "spire" in the Cloud City set worked really well even though it was disjointed.

I'm envisioning a small set, just detailed, so 9 figures might work. I'd like to see the Anakin's speeder, but that could be small and a little lacking in detail.

Just some thoughts.
batsamd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm sure everything I'm about to write has been expressed before, but I feel like I have to put my $0.02 in.

The first thing, NO ANIMATED FACES, I want a regular non-LULS Mace!

Summary of minifigs:
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Mace, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin and Anakin Skywalker.

For Mace, the non-LULS fig from the second version of the Clone Turbo Tank would work.

Kit Fisto already has a head mold, so that's done.

Agen Kolar could be a printed head with long black hair piece.

Don't think just a printed head would work for Saesee Tiin. He would either be a new head mold or maybe a regular head but with a new headpiece for the horns, something similar to Bib Fortuna.

Palpatine would have a flesh colored head with an old wrinkled print. The back side would have the same print as the Imperial Inspection Emperor head with same gray colored background, similar to Two-Face's dual colored face.

Anakin would have regular flesh head print and the back side would have Sith eyes print.

Summary of set:
1. Similar to Cloud City, it would have a little landing pad for Anakin's craft.

2. One section would be the hallway where Palpatine confesses to Anakin that he is a Sith Lord.

3. There would be Palpatines office where the Jedi first show up to arrest Palpatine.

4. The final part would be Palpatine's quarters with the big window.

The Landing Pad would definitely be smaller than the Cloud City one, since Anakin's craft is smaller. Just generic landing pad greebling needed here.

The craft itself would be small as well with a semblance of the rounded shape.

The hallway (2) would have the mural, that is important, and I think it would be best to make it a big flat panel with a sticker. No covering of multiple pieces with the sticker!

Not much else needed here, some lights and other stuff.

The office (3) would have Palpatine's desk and his displays. Nice to have enough room for the Jedi to stand side-by-side while facing Palpatine's desk.

Personal quarters would have his desk, plus some chairs. Of course, the big window would be there and if there was a way to have it "breakable", that would be cool.

From what I remember of the movie, the areas I've listed above don't have to much detail, so throwing in office furniture and such here and there would be a welcomed addition.

Well, there's my $0.02 worth. Hope somebody found it useful.
Darth Pityles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first thing, NO ANIMATED FACES, I want a regular non-LULS Mace!

Fortunately for you, the animated faces will not spread outside of the Clone Wars sets. Also, a non-LUL Mace was included in later releases of #7261 after TLG came to their senses and decided LUL minifigs were evil.

If you are a Christian, put this in your signature :><>

It's Lego, NOT LEGOs!
Zombieknight56
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its quite obvious what we would like to see.

Flesh Palpy (with possible rotating head w/ scarred face from using force lightning)
Mace Windu
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto
Break-away glass
Yellow-eyed Anakin Skywalker.
zombieboy
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: my idea Reply with quote

the building should be hinged with actual base plates underneath, one room would be the room where the jedi first show up. the second room would be palatines office complete with shattering window. the third part should be where palatines platform rises to the senate. and it should have anikins speeder with a small platform.
the minifigs-Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, yoda, anikin, palpitine, the two palpitine is hanging out with, and two royal guards.
price-60-120, with 1,000-2,000 pecies and 11 minifigs.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, lets go nuts. How about a RGS with bubble turrets to the 7676 specifications (it's a lot bigger than the 7163) without the bike part (already had to mod that out on my 7676). That will take care of the Jedi's journey to the temple, while adding a new RGS with 4 Clones. Then, have a landing pad for the gunship, an entrance to the Senate building, then a hallway with the bas relief's (in stickers obviously) and nice tiled floors (representing the carpet). Kit Fisto, Mace and the other two Jedi who got their butts kicked and then you could have Anakin with the ship that he took to get to the senate. And let's not forget Padme and C-3PO, so she can act concerned with a pearl gold C-3PO.

Now that's what I call a Palpatine's Arrest playset!

To summarise - 10201 Palpatine's Arrest - $250 USD

Contains: Bubble Turret RGS, Landing pad, Entrance to Senate, Palpatine's office with hallway entrance, Anakin's shuttle.

Minifigs: 4xPhase2 Clones, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Seasee Tin, Agen Kolar, Anakin Skywalker, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Padme Amidala, C-3PO.

Now that would be cool! Cool

"Are you threatening me Master Windu... Arrghhh!" Twisted Evil
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: