FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrest of Palpatine: What would YOU like to see?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Arrest of Palpatine: What would YOU like to see? Reply with quote

To continue the main topic of this potential set, list what you would like to see in this set.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Palpatine's public office, with a "shatterable" window, and his private office, of course, along with a few decent doorways and hallways. I'd also like to see the Speeder that Anakin took to get to the office, and the following minifigs: Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin (w/ new lekku mold), a Palpatine figure with a swivel head, one side with his pre-electrocution face, and the other side with his post-electrocution face. And then Anakin, also with a swivel-head. One side would have regular Jedi Anakin face, and the other side would have the Anakin Sith face. (E.g., yellow/orange eyes, tired, hagged expression.) Oh, and some decent furniture to go in the rooms. Razz

Edit: I just thought of another idea! Maybe part of the "floor" of the window could have a swivel function, like the retractable plank on the skiff that came with the Sail Barge, so that Mace could fly out. Confused Nothing special, but it'd still be a nice touch, wouldn't it?

Proud member of the AFEC

Last edited by Zombie Typo on Thu May 22, 2008 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a decent sized office. Complete with an actual floor (most "diorama-type" sets never have a floor.
Also it should include, Palp's desk and chair, plus two visiter chairs. The large window behind his desk (I don't care if it's breakable or not) And it should also have the doorway that Mace and company enter through.
Also should include ALL 4 jedi, not just a couple.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
mjck7

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the chat I read that someone (I forget who but credit is yours) that the head for Saesee Tiin could be a normal Lego head.

I was thinking about this and wondered if they (Lego) could make a head peice for him for his horns. It would fit over the peg on top and be somewhat like a hair peice.

This mold could also be used for other figs like in the new castle sets for a creature of some sort.

Just a thought.
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with some realistic expectations here:

Anakin's speeder (Lego loves little vehicles)
Palpatines chair thingy
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Anakin
Palpatine with white hair and reversible head.
Maybe some little springboard contraption to launch Palpatine at them?

Last edited by RebelZombie on Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with reversible palpy head. Smile After all, his face changed in this scene.

Shatterable window would be nice, but some design that allows window to fall off is good enough to me, actually.

Like others, I would love to have general office stuff like chairs, table and stuff.

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea of Anakin's mini-speeder!

I'd like to see a somewhat elaboarte office (good idea about the floor) plus a smaller adjacent viewing/waiting room or that 'hallway' thingy (where Anakin realises Palps is the Sith Lord We've Been looking For).

Also a nicely done desk and chair, and obviously a nice-sized viewing window with breakaway 'glass' to play out the Mace/Palps/Anakin climax with.

I'd imagine lots of figures, too- maybe 8? (Without a main vehicle/ship, you hafta emphasize the figs big-time.) I'd toss in 2 Red or even Dk. Blue Royal Guards (borrowed from the Senate or from the Yoda entrance to guard the doorway), Jedi posse (Saesse, Agen, Kit), a new Mace, new Palpatine/Sidious with double-faced head and hair/hood option, and also new Anakin/Vader with double-faced head.

And of course, for ~$100, we'd HAVE to get 6 nice chrome lightsaber hilts! Wink

Unfortunately, i find this whole idea is a bit pie-in-the-sky for a $90-100 set. To me a Palpy Arrest set would invarably be in the $60 range.
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the office was really well done complete with walls, along with a detailed hallway, it could easily reach $100. Heck, even if you don't have a lot of detail in the architecture, new minifigs with new head molds would easily hit the price point.

I was thinking there could be a nice office, a hallway out that leads to a small landing platform, where anakin's mini speeder is docked. You could have anakin running through the hallway, mace and co. attempting to arrest palpy, and palpy sitting in his chair. and yeah, palpy would have to have a reversible head. that's 6 minifigs, a vehicle, and a nicely designed, architecturally detailed office/hallway/landing pad.

I'm still holding out for my tesla coil lightning duel between mace and palpy play feature though.
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always kind of view those sets as bigger Hoth Doors so here is what UI would like to see regarding that set

1/ Mfs

I think its fair tp assume the ball park would be around 7 so I would guess
* Anie
* Double face + robe Palpie ( + lightsaber and lighnting bolts)
* 4 Arresting Jedi: Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar & Saesee Tiin
* 2 Senate guards

2/ Building and extra

Yeay I would imagine the cool speeder Anie flies.
Then I would imagine a pretty detailed Palpie's office with huge desk and seat, breakable glass window for Mace's demise.
I agree with onions here with a small docking platform. After all we need to land a RGS in there Laughing

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minifigs- Palpatine (double sided face), Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, and Anakin Skywalker (finally a regular Ep III Anakin?). That's 4 new minifigs and only one new mold. These shouldn't break the bank and it's on pace with other TRU sets at half the price.

Small landing platform and Anakin's Jedi airspeeder (Wookieepedia calls it the "DC0052 speeder").

Palpatine's computer room and, most importantly, an excellent version of his office. Some sort of device to make the window fall away would be a cool feature. It would be especially cool if they could add the little room where Palpatine reveals to Anakin that he is the Sith lord.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
fatespuppet

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 100 dollars I'm expecting quite a bit beyond minifigures in this set. I'd like the following:

Haves
- Obvious minifigures from the scene = Jedi posse with Mace, Palp, Anakin
- Hinged office that closes to make a solid structure and opens to allow for playability. Use 16x32 grey baseplates so there's tons of room.
- Solid walls and structure
- Lots of extras to turn the office into other scenes, Blue royal guard minis, those two advisors he's always hanging with etc. Wink
-chrome lightsabers

Have Nots
- no fake movie front walls
- definitely none of those separate section things like in the Spider-Man and Harry Potter sets. A solid build is a must for 100 bucks
- no stickers please
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start by saying that I'm infinitely more interested in the Home One option, so I probably shouldn't even be posting in here, but this seems to be the obvious stuff:

Minifigs:

Palpatine/Sidious in his maroon pajamas (with Jedi Smack-Down Action TM)
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Saesee Tin
Agen Kolar
Turn-on-a-Dime Anakin

Honestly, I'm not sure there's much here to go on other than a minifig pack. I suppose you could include a DC0052 Intergalactic speeder or Anakin's green JSF and a few crazy sith sculptures from Palpy's office.
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov, Cap. Typo, and RebelRock have the right ideas, I think.
Crazybirdman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:

Turn-on-a-Dime Anakin

Mr. Green

the only thing I would add is one of the blue senate guards. This might be the only chance we get to get one.
Big Cam

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
I'll go with some realistic expectations here:

Anakin's speeder (Lego loves little vehicles)
Palpatines chair thingy
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Anakin
Palpatine with white hair and reversible head.
Maybe some little springboard contraption to launch Palpatine at them?
That would be awesome, It would also be sweet if they included a new mold for force lighting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Cam wrote:
That would be awesome, It would also be sweet if they included a new mold for force lighting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

They already made it.

I'm with Draykov on this as a set, though. I'd much rather see the Home One set. The whole Palpatines arrest sequence was probably one of the weaker points of all the Star Wars films.
starwarsgoalie

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Home One but this set could have potential at $100. So here are my opinions.
My must have minifigs are: Palpatine(with double face and a new white hair mold), Mace, Agen, Saesee (I prefer a 1 piece head), Kit, and Anakin (we need an Ep 3 version without the starfighter headband/intercom). Any other minifigs like blue guards would be welcome. Btw, I like the purple fire mold better than the new lightning mold.
This set needs to come with Anakin's DC0052 Intergalactic speeder. This set would be boring without it.
For $100 the office should be done right. Designers should use the DK book Star Wars Complete Locations to get a good overall visual of the office and use as much detail as possible using all sources available to them. The main office, a hallway, and a landing platform should all be included.
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also voted for Home One, but if this is the set lego will be producing, there area few things I'd love to see.

1. Palps, Mace, Agen, Saesee, Kit, and Anakin. With Anakin, I really would want a face like Lego had in the 2005 Episode III sets without a intercom. Also, please no fugly face like in the new clone wars sets...I'm begging you.
2. Blue Royal Guards (only need two)
3. Detailed office for Palps. Maybe with area that rises to meet the Galactic Senate or something along those lines.
4. Glass that shatters
5. Platform for RGS to land on...then a hallway leading to Palp's office
6. Chrome hilts for lightsabers...not bly hilts please.

With all these things, I definately think lego could produce a truly remarkable set for all lego star wars fans.
jp-30

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a Saesee Tiin minifig, the headpiece could share a mold with an
Indiana Jones' Mola Ram if designed smartly (holes for lego horns), offsetting the costs somewhat.
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onions wrote:
I was thinking there could be a nice office, a hallway out that leads to a small landing platform, where anakin's mini speeder is docked. You could have anakin running through the hallway, mace and co. attempting to arrest palpy, and palpy sitting in his chair. and yeah, palpy would have to have a reversible head. that's 6 minifigs, a vehicle, and a nicely designed, architecturally detailed office/hallway/landing pad.

That is a really good idea, I can't think of anything else to include, everything is there.
I also really like the idea of having the speeder included as well

DeviantART|Brickshelf
jp-30

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it may not follow the movie, a ROTS era Padme would be sweet for collectors, considering she's only been available in Ep 1 clothes and as a yellow-head.

Location: At a geographical oddity...two weeks from everywhere

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in seeing a smaller, detailed computer room where the initial confrontation took place with a hallway running to a larger room where the battle between Mace and Sidious occured.

Smaller room: circular or rectangular with red holograph of the Death Star, desk, chair, opening door, vases and other miscellanious furniture.

Larger room: circular with statues, desk with chair, transparent window running the length of room, bust of Palp

Hallway: whatever jus tas long as it's there.

MiniFigs: listen to what everyone else has said. We all want the same core of figures!
sam90

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hHmmm, okay, well, i really like the idea of a OT set, but from the price point i could never see a good set in the home one.so yes, i vote for this.And heres my opinions. Yet again very similar to everyone else.

FIGS:

1x Papitine (reversable head.Normal to eletricuted)
1x Anikin (reversable head.Normal EPIII to sith/hatred filled)
1x Mace Windu
1x Kit fisto (same as 7661 booster ring)
1x Agen Kolar
1x Saesee Tiin
2x Senate gards (red royal gards in DKBlue)
All chrome Lightsaber hilts

SET FEATURES:

-A good sized palpitines office with lots of nice detail, furniture and big window.
-The Meditating chamber or whatever it is when they first get to palpitine posably including a red hologram of the death star - not two inportant but could be cool.Desk and chair also included.(this room would just be through a door from the main office.)
-And then a reasonable sized landing platform for a DC0052 Intergalactic speeder (included) (this would be a hallway away from the the two rooms.
-a Nice looking DC0052 Intergalactic speeder the size of a A-wing.

All that put togeather would make a great big set.

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
MingoDave

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 8 minifigs (~$4 each for $32) and chrome lightsaber hilts (5-6 x $.40 = $2), we're looking at over a third of the cost for these two things. That leaves about $60 for other parts, making this around 600 parts. If they do new molds (Saesee Tiin and the other nonhuman Jedi) and head/torso prints (Palpatine double-sided face, etc.), that part count is decreased even further. This is just a guess, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a part count below 650 for this set.
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Low price point ($100)
2. Many minifigs.
brownie69yov3

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with Mingodave- sure we would all love to see 9-10 mini figs in this set but realistically i think it should inlcude the 4 jedi and palpatine- coming in around 5 the only one that requires a new molded heas is seasee tin- since Agen Kolar is a similar if not same species to darth maul- and for maul we got a printed standarded head.

as for the actual office- i am thinking something similar to cloud city- we have one main large office area with a great desk and chairs and breakable window and a hallway that connects with palpatines private chamber that he is using when looking at the red death star plans- in the middle of th hallway we could get a large plate with a printed design of the jedi vs sith battle on it (this is the large sculpture mural in the room when anakin first ignites his lightsabre against palpatine after finding out he is trained in the force)

i would love the airspeeder but i dont think its very realistic for this set and its price- i think it would be great if TLC made one seperately similar to making the cloud car sepereatly but having a landing platform on cloud city for it. the speeder could run $15-$20 and included the above mentioned Anakin with double sided head- hair piece should be the new mold from the clone wars

o and palpatine shuold definitely included the new lightning molds from the castle series- thats pretty much a given

Last edited by brownie69yov3 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sam90 wrote:
FIGS:

1x Papitine (reversable head.Normal to eletricuted)
1x Anikin (reversable head.Normal EPIII to sith/hatred filled)
1x Mace Windu
1x Kit fisto (same as 7661 booster ring)
1x Agen Kolar
1x Saesee Tiin
2x Senate gards (red royal gards in DKBlue)
All chrome Lightsaber hilts

I dont think we will get Senate guards and as it is an Episode 3 set, we wont get chrome sabers. Plus I don't think TLC will be too happy having to make 3 new molds (Kolar, Tiin, and Palp's hair) so I think just getting the ones that dont die for at least 10 seconds is a likely option.
Acyre

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kolar doesn't need a new mold. Darth Maul is the same species and just used a standard head. The Kolar figure should just have some printed horns on his forehead and use either a normal Jedi hood, Qui-Gon's hair or the long black hairpiece the warrior uses in the 7627 Temple of Akator set.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A room with floor in the style of Cafe Corner/Green Grocery. With at least 3 walls, interior, details etc. As minifigs Palpy, Windu, and maybe some more Jedis and Ani.

FlickrBrickshelf
Newbie Clone Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MingoDave, I'm not sure where you got the $4 per minifig from. My experience and evidence show them to be around $1.50 to $2.00 USD.
Could you please explain?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: