FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home One: What would YOU like to see?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onions
The Mac Daddy [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Home One: What would YOU like to see? Reply with quote

To continue the main topic of this potential set, list what you would like to see in this set.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, Bothan spie(s)
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see an ISD style playset ship with Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Madine, Nein Numb, a Bothan, and a new astro droid as the figs in a room with a little trans model of the shield generator and Death Star, a dark green themed Z-95 in a small hangar section, a couple other control rooms and what not maybe, and absolutely no mini ships. Wink
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with Don. Except I would rather see a Shuttle Tyderium instead of a Headhunter. (Hey, if we're including rehashed sets, (*Cough*A-Wing*Gag*) we might as well get our money's worth.) Not to say that we wouldn't get our money's worth with a Headhunter, but I would prefer a shuttle... So... Yeah, something I could use to fight against my 6211, all of the figs that Don posted, an A-Wing hangar, and a redesigned* shuttle with its own hanger.

*Perhaps they could find a way to make the shuttle a tad bit smaller, so that it could reasonably fit in a hangar.

Proud member of the AFEC
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost completely agree with what Don said. But I would have no idea how they would fit all of that into a set that isn''t as big as the UCS Star Destroyer

For me, I think are NEEDED to be included are the key characters, Ackbar, and Mon Mothma. Others would be nice as well, but no one in peticular NEEDS to be in this set besides those two.
As for the set itself, I think it should be alot like the Star Destroyer set, with playset inside, including the control room, maybe a weapons/random room, and maybe a small sized docking bay, unless lego is willing to make this thing big and have it big enough to fit an actual ship in their, but I REALLY don't think they will.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the ISD playset thing. As far as minifigs go, how about Ackbar, Mon Mothma, General Calrissian, a couple pilots, and one of those funky R4 lampshade droids?
mjck7

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas listed so far. The figs I want the most are Ackbar, Madine and Mothma. Although the idea of getting a Sullustan like Numb would be great too.

If there were to be another astromech, I'm with the others that it should have a new dome top or color to make the set more worth getting in multiples. (a 2-1B would be great if done right)

I would say Endor rebel troops but it's possible they could come in battle packs in the future. Maybe just one though and he/she could be a higher rank or something.

As for the set itself, the briefing room with the attack plans on the Death Star and the main bridge are a good idea. The hanger with ship would be ok but I would have to side with other FBTB'ers that the ship be something new or a recolor like a green A-Wing.

I'm not opposed to the hanger but I think that if it were to go, we could get some better mini figs.
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
I agree on the ISD playset thing. As far as minifigs go, how about Ackbar, Mon Mothma, General Calrissian, a couple pilots, and one of those funky R4 lampshade droids?

That sounds good to me with a few minor adjustments:

Ackbar? Check.
Mon Mothma? I could take it or leave it. Maybe a Mon Cal crewman instead to maximize use of the Mon Cal head mold.
General Lando? Big ol' honkin' check!
A couple of pilots? Check...preferably with helmet paint jobs and/or uniforms we've not seen before in minifig form.
R4? With a new conical 2x2 element that tapers up and has a flat top...that'd be awesome. Better yet, make it squatty and have an R5. If that's too much, I'd settle for another R2 in some new fruity flavor.
Maybe throw in an Endor Rebel trooper or something too.

If it has to come with a ship, an A-Wing would be fine by me. I already have a bunch of 6207, so I don't need one, but maybe if they made it different somehow...if not a new design, then maybe with some cool new element/color combos...some blue cylinders or something?

As far as the overall set is concerned, I'm not sure how a Home One would look in LEGO...its shape was so rounded. I'd probably be pretty happy with a big briefing room with lots of cool computer slopes and minifigs. Beyond that, any coolness would be gravy for me.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Thu May 22, 2008 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draykov wrote:
Maybe a Mon Cal crewman instead to maximize use of the Mon Cal head mold.

I wanted to say that too but thought it might be a stretch.

Also, I'd be happy with a hangar too. I don't know how well a full Home One model would translate to Lego.
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a tough one, because I recently bought some custom Mon Cals from Armorman. I don't want to have to replace them, but I still want official Mon Cals.

1. $100 price point, equivalent of the minifig Star Destroyer, OR $300 price point with every minifig we ever dreamed of.
2. 4 Mon Cals. That's right, more Mon Cals than there are Jawas in the $170 Sandcrawler. Acbar, 2 crew, and a fighter pilot.
3. An A-wing instead of that superfluous escape capsule
4. Mon Mothma. It goes without saying. And Lando, Nien Nunb, General Madine, Wedge using the Bruce Wayne face and black hair.
5. Briefing room
6. Hallway. This is a weird one, but a starship should be designed so that it can be played in, so let's have a way for stormtroopers to board the ship and so forth.
ThePlasticJedi
Maple Leaf Defender

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see instructions for cool alternate models. And this goes for either set. It just makes the set worth that much more...

Chew them out and spit them up. It's the way of the Nooblet.
CloneZomberor
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see an ISD playset equivalent. For figs, Ackbar is a must. He is the reason I voted for Home One in the first place. Other figs that would be nice are Mon Mothma and Crix Madine, and any other ones that fit. The original pitch on TRU's website said an A-Wing would be part of it, so I would love either the green or blue A-Wing, not another rehash of the standard red A-Wing. Locations on Home One that I would like to see would be the briefing room, the command bridge, and a good hangar.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
DutchRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I'm glad they dropped the 'Cloud City with Slave I' idea. The arrest of Palpatine and the Home One briefing could be more or less similar in concept if constructed in LEGO. I think the characters are more important here than spacecrafts. That's why I think the Home One briefing room has a lot of potential. In this price range a cruiser is no option in my opinion, it won't do it justice. Let's for once, emphasize on minifigs and a well designed room.

I would love to see a circular table with the transparant PRINTED dishes above, around the table are OF COURSE Ackbar and Mon Mothma. Among the other fellow rebels could be: A-wing pilot, Wedge, Endor trooper, Mon Calamari with brown uniform, human officer, perhaps a nice droid. Well I could go on forever 'cause this scene is crowded. You might want to check this blog for more info:
http://blogs.starwars.com/teekay-421/78/comments

Finally for playability, an additional red A-wing, redesigned with sleeker engines would be great! I'm really looking forward to this one!

DutchRebel
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to voic emy opinion by echoing all the others

Size: If it's going to be on par with the ISD it'll be a bit longer, but covered in whatever it is Home One is covered in (it looks like a quad biker would have a lot of fun). I'd also really hope for this to be much more structualy sound than the ISD.
Figs: Ackbar, Mon Cal, Madine, Mothma, Bothan, Lando, two new pilots and tasty new Astro droid. (9 figs including 3 or 4 more new pieces seems fair ... ish) All those people wanting Endor troops can wait for a battle back w/ Speeder bike.
Content: Briefing room with holo projected Death Star, it can't be that hard to make it in to a big white room with tiered seating levels (just expand). However awesome a Z95 would be, I'd hope that can be released seperately one day so we get more for our money. But I really would love a green or blue A-wing. The "hanger" I imagine would take up a fair bit of room, like almost half, have some wires and scafolding and a repair and refueling station. Maybe between the hanger and briefing room on a raised level there could be a bridge type thing, with a lottle window and possibly open view to the briefing room but not hanger, there can be two swiveling chairs and some controls for Ackbar and his mate.

That probably sounds excessive when you think that the ISD was generally empty, but the shapes are different and Home One wouldn't need that huge bridge coming out of the back, but maybe a more tiny and in scale one.

How many engines did Home One have?
xwingyoda

Location: An X-Wing crashed in the Eiffel Tower - not the Vegas one !!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okie its time to go on the wish list here !

1/ Mfs

Like I said in the Palpie scene thread I imagine a ball park of 7 or 8 Mfs
* Ackbar x2
* Mon Mothma
* 1 rebel officer (?)
* 2 rebel technicians
We need famous characters so I'll have to go with Endor Leia, Han and Chewie

I doubt we'll see another Lando or Nein Numb in that set because I expect a new Falcon in the future.

2/ Briefing room and extras

I would love a decent briefing room with loads of printed computers screens and I really would LOVE a brick built trans blue mini DS (that would really be great rather than stickers or even printed parts)

We do need a vehicle there but I'm not to keen on either the A-wing or Shuttle. Already have too many redesigns but if I had to choose I would have to go ith a new designed Awing.

I would love to have some ground transport base vehicle and small tanker or something like that.

Yoda

My BS Folder & Flickr
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Detailed control room *with briefing room area and Death Star hologram*
-Detailed Hangar section, not just a door and part of a wall
-Several new Rebel minifigs, Endor Rebel Trooper would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath

I think thats a reasonable request.
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, if it's $100, make it an ISD and Republic Cruiser style ship. I envision it as being the regular ship on one side and the other showing the hangar and a large window showing the control room.

Minfigs- Ackbar and another Mon Calmari Rebel (might as well if they're going to make a new mold), Mon Mothma, Gen. Madine, and A-Wing pilot.

Control room- I want the minfigs to be able to see out the ship, so big translucent windows are needed. It doesn't really need to be all that detailed, but the hologram Death Star from the briefing room should be represented or shown in some way.

A-Wing- Stick with the main body of the recent redesign we got a few years back. It was a really nice design, but to give us something different, give us the McQuarrie concept design. McQuarrie concept merchandise has become very popular in recent years among collectors (from action figures to life size replica helmets by Efx). There's a nice photo of it on Wookieepedia. It's blue and gray with a big white triangle on the front.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com

Last edited by WookieWarrior9 on Thu May 22, 2008 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check out this still from the blog DutchRebel linked to, you can spot a few gray suited Y-Wing pilots (43). I definitely wouldn't mind seeing one of those in a set like this, though you'd likely see this helmet get recycled in that case, which I don't know that I'd be thrilled with. And the fact that a general Lando minifig torso would probably be the same for General Madine or Blissex or a number of other members of the Rebel brass makes it seem like a likely candidate.
lens314

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy a Home One playset (ala the ISD Playset) in a heartbeat, but only if it has an Ackbar figure. The other characters would just be bonuses to me. I too agree that another random Mon Cal should be in the mix of figs as well. Maybe a Tycho Celchu character, to pilot the A-Wing?

The briefing room should be there, as well as a hanger for the A-Wing.
MingoDave

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have much to say about the playset, although I'd like to see a command area (Ackbar and his nifty chair), the briefing room, and a hangar area (although I'd rather have the briefing room than a hangar).

For minifigs, Ackbar would be stellar, as well as one of the other Mon Cal crew members. Mothma, Madine, an Endor trooper, a Gray Squadron pilot, etc. have already been mentioned.

While I'm dreaming, though, I'd like to nominate the following figures:
Gen. Lando: It's high time for Lando to reappear in non-Jabba garb.
Orrimaarko aka "Prune Face": This gives a new head (which could be a recoloring of Palpatine's wrinkliness), the Endor trooper torso, and a nifty new character.
Tycho Celchu: He's important in the EU books, he flies at Endor, and he wears a non-orange flight suit. If we have to have an A-wing in the set, it could be his (and could be green or blue instead of red/dark red).
A Bothan: Conceivably, it could use the Wolfman head piece from the Studio line (but probably in tan). The quote, "Many Bothans died..." is one of the more recognizable lines from the film (perhaps on par with, "It's a trap!") that it serves as a fitting memorial to include one in the set. Wink

Oh, I'm generally opposed to yet another A-wing. I'd like to see a Z-wing, but I'd take a non-red A-wing if I have to.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like to see for a pilot is the type of helmet Zam had in the Speeder chase, it seems to suit the film much more.
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of the suggestions, but I definitely want 3 or more Mon Cal figures like JPCJedi mentioned.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
starwarsgoalie

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My must have figures for this set are: Ackbar, Mon Calamari officer, Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, and General Lando (and a-wing pilot if the fighter is included). There are many others I would like but these are realistic needs in my opinion.
If this is a playset then a full size, highly detailed briefing room(with detailed center hologram),command station(with command seat), and a decent hanger should be included. Please Lego, use good sources to design this set. I agree that a new colored green or blue a-wing would be better than another red one.
An opening ship/playset coud be cool but would have to be strong and well made. The interior could have the briefing room area, command station with cool seat for Ackbar, and any thing else to add to the playability.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my opinion:

The Lego Company already produced a minifigure Imperial Star Destroyer, so it would be grandoise to have it's counterpart to display next to it: The Home 1 Mon Calamari Cruiser.

Features:
Top splits down the middle to open up and reveal inside.
NO removeable bridge, not part of the design. Make it longer instead. Smile
Several distinct internal rooms such as a control room and armory.
Includes Minifigure scale A-wing, not dockable inside.
Figures:
Admiral Ackbar
Mon Mothma
Bothan Spy
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Han Solo
x2 Rebel Pilots
Rebel Marine

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a set that's larger than the 6211 ISD, but smaller than the UCS ISD. I'd like a playset idea, but large enough for the following:

1. Detailed control center
2. Minifigs including Admiral Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Endor troopers, Rebel pilots, Lando, Luke, Leia, Han...and our favorite droids R2-D2 and C-3PO
3. A detailed hanger...Green A-wing anyone?
4. Well thought out design. The 6211 ISD was great, but it had a few stability problems at first
5. That's about it
jp-30

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they make an Ackbar, there needs to be a second, generic Mon Cal rebel included too.

I would want to see

Ackbar
A generic Mon Cal
Mothma
Madine
New coloured Astromech (possibly with new (R5?) head mold)

Other possibles

Nien Numb
Lando
Generic rebel
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RebelRock wrote:
General Calrissian

Shocked I completely forgot about Lando! We definatly need Lando!

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Blacknight

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ackbar is a given, so is another mol cal crew member to use the new head mold again (the TRU description of this set basically said as much, and a crew member was in the picture).

Beyond this, General Madine, Mon Mothma and Nien Nunb would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it. We're more likely to get a pilot for the A-wing, and I would hope it would be a new one, maybe a Gray squadron pilot wearing a gray jumpsuit and a y-wing helmet: http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/ywingpilot.htm

I doubt this will be a $150 or even $100 set. I'd count on it being the same size and price as the TRU exclusive Hoth base.

P.S. Ackbar's head MUST be ABS plastic, not squishy cheap rubber!!!
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Home One: What would YOU like to see? Reply with quote

From this thread:

speaknspell wrote:
another point of clarification is that these sets will all be designed to a similar price point ($100 is the current thinking for the products).

so when you're looking at the idea remember that they would want to make a fairly substantial set out of it.

steve

...and I wouldn't put too much stock in the description and image on the TRU site. Ackbar and A-Wing with hangar are about all you can count on for sure based on that site alone...and if LEGO is still researching what fans want, then revision is still a possibility.
ZombieWaldo
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I want to see an ISD style playset ship with Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Madine, Nein Numb, a Bothan, and a new astro droid as the figs in a room with a little trans model of the shield generator and Death Star, a dark green themed Z-95 in a small hangar section, a couple other control rooms and what not maybe, and absolutely no mini ships. Wink
I agree with Don, though I'd rather see an A-wing or X-wing in dark green.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: