FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your first Lego SW kit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original X-Wing. I remember it vividly. I was still buying lego at the time, not really that much but still picked up a set or two from the catalog. Then I saw the ads for the at the time new Lego Star Wars sets. I thought Vady was cute so I asked my mom to pre-order the set for me. Well she pre-ordered the set with vady in it, and the rest of the first wave to boot. Laughing

A week later what shows up on the door step a nice big old package with a lego X-wing in it. Everything else hadn't shipped yet. So, the dark spire began. My wallet and my parents wallets have never been the same since.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original landspeeder with Old Ben and Luke!

Then the original X-Wing.

And that was it until I picked up the new Naboo N-1 fighter a month ago.
Darth Dawg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same camp as dWhisper. It was college, I was less than sober, and my girlfriend took me to Meijer to help her find a present for her little brother. I saw a Tie Fighter sitting on the shelf and boom! Dark ages over. Originally I said I'd just buy that one, but then another and another. Soon I was buying the discontinued sets on ebay...
ClunkClunk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of LEGO sets when I was a kid, but hadn't touched them in years. When I was about 14, I gave my huge Rubbermaid box of LEGO to my then 5-year old cousin. As much as he enjoyed them, I secretly wish I had kept them.

That was the end of LEGO for me for quite some time. In 2002, I was going with my mom to visit my grandparents and we were flying from California to Florida. When we got on the plane, she gave me 7113 - Tusken Raider Encounter, because she used to give my sister and I the $5 to $10 sets when we were kids and traveling to visit our grandparents across the country. It was a nice reminder of my childhood, and also a clear reminder that LEGO made SW sets, which I had always wished they did when I was a child.

However, that was the only SW LEGO set I had until Amazon had a sale on LEGO in fall of 2005, including SW, and I bought 4502 - X-Wing/Dagobah, 10131 - TIE Collection and 4504 - Millennium Falcon/Hoth. I believe the X-Wing arrived first and I built that one first.

Since then, I think I'm up to 12 or so sets, and my girlfriend is even interested in them. She helped me set up some nice display cases, and she's itching to buy some Indy stuff as well.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusken Encounter, got it in Canada, it was shweet. I dont have any of the figs anymore though Crying or Very sad
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like numerous others, my first set was 7110 Landspeeder.

Let's Go Ducks!
Skafte

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 7121 Naboo Swamp, 7128 Speeder Bikes, 7131 Anakin's Podracer and 8000 Pit Droid from my friends for my birthday in 1999. We had been fooling around with the Johnny Thunder series, being archaeologists, and I guess they thought i needed another approach.

I wasn't really hooked then, but in 2006 I found my way back and got 6206 TIE Interceptor and a few minis. I knew how my brain works, and I wouldn't settle until I had the biggset set, so naturally I got the 10030 UCS Star Destroyer. I soon figured that wasn't enough, either...
DaNiO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first LSW sets was 7255 grievous chase and 7250 scout walker.
Qzak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st Star Wars set I ever bought was probably the 7143 Jedi Starfighter.

bricklink
MaceyWindu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say for sure but I think it was 7110 The Landspeeder. If not it might have been Speeder Bikes, Droid Escape or Battle Droid Carrier.
0ceanZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant really remember but i believe it was jedi defense 1 Very Happy
PJcountach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Star Wars Lego came out I was freakin excited, an excitement only eclipsed since by rerelease Guarded Inn.

But My Mom was adamantly opposed to Star Wars, I had never watched the movies, 1999, going on 15, I should have been heading into a Lego Dark ages, but it bypassed me. So anyways. My Sunday School teacher had everyone in class memorize the book of James. 5 chapters, 20 minute recite time. We started in January of 1999. By the fall I was only through the first half chapter. Then I mentioned to my Mom in November 99 that I would really like to get the Snowspeeder, omitting the Star Wars from the discussion, with my own money, (spending your own cash in large sums like 20 dollars was taboo in my family) But my Mom said, how has your memorization gone. We made a deal. If I memorized the book of James by Christmas for Sunday school She would let me buy the Snowspeeder. So within a week I had memorized the remaining 4 and 1/2 chapters of James... some things make you desperate. On top of that My Sunday School teacher said he wanted to get me something, he was thinking maybe a radio. I said Star Wars Lego, something small I figured. He got me 7140 X-Wing Shocked the biggest Lego for me since Rocky River Retreat in 95. My Mom was mad that I had bypassed her rule, but she let me keep the X-wing. Somehow she thought the Snowspeeder was part of the new Arctic line, so in March of 2000 when I had squared up 20 in cash I went to Target and picked it up. My Mom said I made a deal and you fulfilled it, but No more Star Wars Lego.

2001 September...AT-ST... Christmas 2001 Mom got me Imperial Shuttle thus opening the floodgates. I finally saw the original Trilogy in 2003.
Clone Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,one time I was at my gramma's house and she had gotten me three Star Wars sets-Twin Pod Cloud Car,Tusken Raider Encounter and one of the packs were you get 2 mini-models in them,I got Jango's Slave 1 and Obi-Wan's Ep. 2 Jedi Starfighter.All I have left of those sets is two Tusken Raiders,Anakin's head and a few assorted red pieces Laughing
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJcountach wrote:
My Mom was adamantly opposed to Star Wars

Dare I ask why?

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Cpt. J.Dubb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ewok Attack and then Tusken Encounter

Surprisingly, both sets deserve more credit. The speeder bike is awesome and the ewok glider has its neat little stand.
PJcountach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to your question Black Dragon...
New Age Spiritualism as seen in the force, an aversion to Sci-fi... hmm, probably a lack of knowledge and understanding about it was the biggest problem. But I worked on her for many years, and after much effort I prevailed, only to find that as I got more into it, my friends were losing interest Rolling Eyes

Point is whatever the problem was, actually seeing the movies didn't reinforce her opposition to them, heck, now the whole family loves them, and my brothers got to enjoy it at a much younger age than I.

Quote:
Ewok Attack and then Tusken Encounter

Surprisingly, both sets deserve more credit. The speeder bike is awesome and the ewok glider has its neat little stand.

I would agree, the Tusken encounter is probably Lego's best speeder bike to date, and although it's flimsy, the glider is a very fun model with several elements that are good for Steampunking, not to mention the fact that both sets have unique minifigs.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was either the original Naboo Fighter or Anakin's Podracer. I got both around the same time, but I can't remember which came first.

Ahh good times Cool

DeviantART|Brickshelf
rcwill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Typo wrote:
I got a Landspeeder and the Droid Starfighter, along with the promotional McDonald's set. Laughing

I've never heard of the promotional McDonald's set. What is it? I thought I had nearly all things ever produced for Star Wars LEGO, but have never heard of the McDonald's set.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, I got 2 LSW sets, along with a McDonald's set. Which, of course, was designed to promote the one and only Mickey D's. You probably know what I mean now, but just in case, I got dis baby right here. It was fun. The Trade Federation attacked McDonald's while Luke and Obi were eating. Yep, it was fun... Razz

Proud member of the AFEC
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my brother and I were kids we made the worst Star Wars models. The builds were OK, but we didnít have enough variety, so we made them multi colored. An example would be an X-wing that was blue in spots and yellow in spots and red in spots. It was easy to tell what space craft it was, but it was totally the wrong colors. My brother and I made a promise that if LEGO ever made a Star Wars line we would have to by them. This was back in the early Ď80s. I never thought it would actually come true.

I picked up Adventures stuff a couple of times, and so I would check out the LEGO aisle at Target every so often. One day a check over there and there is the original Landspeeder. That was pretty much the beginning of the end. I tell my wife that I have to keep the promise that I made all those years ago. Iíve bought more LEGO since 1999 than I ever had as a kid. Itís an addiction today. I try to get them all. Iíve gotten back into Town, City, and now I get the Indiana Jones ones too. My Brother even found LEGO sets with all of the original instructions from when we were kids, out in the shed at my folkís house.

My LEGO room is crammed full of sets (Star Wars and other lines) from as far back as 1976. My wife said I can keep my LEGO room as long as we donít have any more kids. Thatís been a pretty good form of birth control so far.
The Department of Redundancy Department
liquidcross

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepatient wrote:
Iíve bought more LEGO since 1999 than I ever had as a kid. Itís an addiction today. I try to get them all.

Sounds sadly familiar. Sad
Quote:
My LEGO room is crammed full of sets (Star Wars and other lines) from as far back as 1976.

I wish I had a "LEGO room." For now, I just have to keep clearing out space on my bookshelf.
Quote:
My wife said I can keep my LEGO room as long as we donít have any more kids. Thatís been a pretty good form of birth control so far.

Brilliant! Laughing

Brickshelf
lordvader208

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first set was the old Naboo Figher, although not as great as the new one but i still like it

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=lordvader208
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rudders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original sith infiltrator - a birthday present.
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure my first Star Wars LEGO was the X-Wing, followed by some of the smaller 9.99 sets.

I still have it though with many a layering of dust now on my display shelf.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
strwrs429

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droid Starfighter Mad
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Star Wars set was the B-Wing at Rebel Command Center, but my first set was many years ago, one of the Universal Building Sets from the late 70's or early 80's. Unfortunately I don't remember which one it was, but I do know it had several of these figures. I had many good years of fun with that set. I just remember it must have had a lot of pieces because I made a lot of stuff with it at the time.

(ΞΞΞΞΞ)><@><||(=======================================
Master Shake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thepatient writes:
Quote:
Iíve bought more LEGO since 1999 than I ever had as a kid. Itís an addiction today.

So familiar. My wallet feels your wallet's pain. My first SW lego set was 7128 speeder bikes, which was quickly followed by 7130 snowspeeder, 7140 x-wing, 7150 TIE and y-wing and 7144 slave I. Just a few of the OT kits to build and display on the shelf. Then I couldn't resist 7101 lightsaber duel. Then - a long, sad dark age that didn't end until 2006. Thank god I recently found a local collector oriented shop that still has some older sets, and allowed me to make up for a bit of lost time.

When I started buying again, my future wife thought it was cute. Then, because she wanted to give me something in return for my having given her an engagement ring, she bought me the UCS Falcon. That is love. Ever since then, I have blamed her for really opening the floodgates. I've recently retrieved my carefully stored childhood lego, and am looking forward to building those dozen classic space kits from the late 70's and early 80's. I'm pushing for my own lego room as well.....
patientzombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Shake wrote:

When I started buying again, my future wife thought it was cute. Then, because she wanted to give me something in return for my having given her an engagement ring, she bought me the UCS Falcon. That is love. Ever since then, I have blamed her for really opening the floodgates. I've recently retrieved my carefully stored childhood lego, and am looking forward to building those dozen classic space kits from the late 70's and early 80's. I'm pushing for my own lego room as well.....

Dude, if she bought you the UCS Falcon sheís a definite keeper. You hold on to her and never let her go. I thought I was doing well when my wife got me the Town Plan set as a surprise. Iím going to have to use your post to nudge my wife in the right direction on surprise purchases.

ďHoney, this couple isnít even married yet and sheís at the UCS level of their relationship. Where did we go wrong?Ē

I hope thatís the kind of line that will work.

If you got the Falcon already, it wonít be hard to get yourself a LEGO room. Just make sure you get a nice TV in it too.

Enjoy those old sets. I did when I found mine.
The Department of Redundancy Department
Zombie Jones
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7130 or 7110. Honestly, I can't remember which was first - I got them within days of each other.
BrainMattR
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the the original Landspeeder 7110 and Speeder Bikes 7128 at a BOGO sale from Caldor. Remeber putting them together like it was yesterday. Hard to believe that was nine years ago!

Cursed habit forming purchases...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: