FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is thy path, Padawan?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobaFett95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: What is thy path, Padawan? Reply with quote

Well, this thread consists of telling your path, a.k.a., Force Allignment.

With a rating from -5 to +5, which lowest is darkest and highest is lightest.

I would choose +2.5.

Because i am not completely pacific, but i am not a bad person. I think i am improving. Let's say this would be fair.

So, how about you? Don't forget to be honest and fair!
strwrs429

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess I'm a 0-1, I still put myself first in most situations.
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, did you okay this with one of the staff?

><>
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, but I'm curious where the members will take it.
BobaFett95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Nope, but I'm curious where the members will take it.

I hope it doesn't get closed after 3 pages of off-topic stuff...
Scitvs
Praetor Nerdivs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well.

Depends on the situation, really. I'd consider myself a 2. I try to think myself through situations before taking action, but I wouldn't hesitate to end that thug with my lightsaber, or fling a heavy box into him with the force. I typically just follow my conscience, and act accordingly.

><>
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at this long and hard earlier, and figured, whatever. Like most similar threads, it'll die in a week or two probably. But in all actuality, this was one of the failings of the movies and most dramas. Evil/Good is not a black/white sort of thing. The same would apply here. The whole dark side/light side thing never made any sense, because while some were just twisted (Palpy), others were cold and cunning (Dooku). Why was Darth Maul evil? He hated Jedi, and given what they'd done to the Sith, that seems like a perfectly normal thing.

Beyond that, we make choices in our lives on a case-by-case basis. I could choose to hold open a door for an old lady today and cut her off in traffic 10 minutes later. Am I good or evil for either action? Trying to define lines and numbers around choices seems to just diminish that we're far more complex creatures than that.
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd probably be somewhere in the negatives, honestly. The dark side is just more fun! No rules or restrictions, or anything like that. Now, in real life, I'd probably be higher, though if I could actually outwardly act the way I feel most of the time, who knows. You could basically compare me to Anakin. In Ep. I, no one would've seen his rise to the dark side coming, yet he slowly grew more and more evil.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
General Veers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would most likely be a 0. I'm not evil (like, kitten killing or something) But I'm not good (Chances of becoming a saint are pretty low). Hello neutrality.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, like dWhisp said, there shouldn't be a clearcut good or bad side. Think of it like Boba Fett, just because he delivered Han to Jabba, he wasn't doing anything intrinsically bad. In fact, Han was the one who did engage in illegal activity like delivering mood-enhancing drugs (spice), arguably a morally reprehensible act. Similarly, the Jedi vs. Sith. Palpatine and his crew are portrayed as perpetually bad, which they could be seen as, using a totalitarian violent state.

That's what I was hoping to see in the 'Legacy of the Force' with Jacen. The fact that using the dark side does not equate evil. Using emotions and the force is what defines a Sith, and this is not necessarily bad. But of course, the writers once again made it to be a somewhat shady good vs. bad, because Jacen has become clearly the evil one by killing people out of rage.

Honestly, I think it would have been x1000 better if they integrated the philosophies of evil and good, and their real relationships with dark and light sides of the force. Perhaps they could have made Jacen the leader of the Galactic Alliance as a totalitarian leader, but keeping the universe intact and just. It would have been a different storyline, there would be no true outwards battle or war, rather that of the philosophies, whether the Jedi were in fact out for peace. Basically Jacen ruling as a Sith Lord, but not necessarily an evil one. But instead, it became once again Jedi vs. Sith, etc., except with Boba Fett becoming trilingual.

Riiight, about the thread. I'm definitely a 5. By my own standards and view of morality I succeed entirely. It all depends on an individual's own perception or their own moral code. Those of you who do rate yourselves under five follow other people's definitions of morality or just have low self esteem.
BobaFett95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is based on normal things and normal thoughts you have. If you killed someone because he said hi to you i guess it would me lesser than -2.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you define as normal, that's the problem. "Normal" is a subjective thing at the very best. No one is normal; we all have normal things. Normal between cultures is also different. And like Jun said, ultimately, most people feel they are doing right by their own code, even when its wrong. Some of the most evil things are "justified" by those who commit the atrocity. The rest of it see it as evil, those involved see it as a higher cause. See things like the Crusades, Salem Witch Trials, the Inquisition, and the Holocaust for examples of this. All very, very evil, but in all cases, those doing the work felt they were on the side of "good."

Oh, and I agree on the Legacy series. It started out with a lot of promise, picking up on themes from the end of the whole big war series (and later ruined) by that bug trilogy. It degraded quickly into just watching Jacen repeat the mistakes of his fore bearers.
BobaFett95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, you didn't understand.

"Normal" things that i talked about are things you do with some frequency. Your "normal" thoughts are what you are thinking most of the time.

The term "normal" for other things just...doesn't exist. No one is perfectly the same. So, there is no absolute normality, it is just... something we use to excuse some people's acts.

Let me explain better:

What is your attitude before other persons?

Because that's why the Jedi exist: to help the others, mostly. They are altruist.

Imagine i killed someone, no one likes me and i hate them all. I don't talk to people and i am conscious of what i have done.
I would consider myself -4.5.

WAIT, now i am getting confused, getting explanations to my own affirmations...

No one said this was easy, even to a Jedi. I am a Jedi.
Zombie147
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like a -38. After my third stint in Tijuana, I figured there was no going back.

EDIT: Just so you all know, that was a joke. (Just in case any of you thought I was serious)
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Neutral/Lawful.

Oh, wrong thing.

I'd say a range between 1 and -1, depending on the circumstances.
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'd be between 2.5 and 3. I always defend what I know is good, but sometimes I can't help but stick my finger in the jar of peanutbutter. Wink
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4, I am an extremely laid back person, if I am being bad it's because I am to chill to notice Cool
Zombie_Fisto
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3 I usually focus on how I can help people (The less fortunate). But those hostile takeover thoughts are running through my head like any wannabe dictator. Creating unique weapons, for the fun of creativity, then testing them, but not on people. If I didn't spend so much time on help projects and work camps, I'd be in the negatives by far.

Vidzombie wrote:
/slurps up Kit's remaining mess.
babyjawa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 or 3. Most of the time I'm peaceful, but I'll beat the living snot out of someone if they piss me off.
Zombie Typo
Undead!

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm prob'ly a 4. I'm mellow, and pretty quiet. If I engage in an argument, I'll make sure that I'm getting my point across, and won't back down if I'm not. I don't like to fight, but if I have to, I will whip up a batch of whoopa** cookies!! Evil or Very Mad Razz

Proud member of the AFEC
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm neutral.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: