FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Photoshop Editing - now everyone can do it!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepa Quin
The Falconer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Free Photoshop Editing - now everyone can do it! Reply with quote

This is a must-read for everyone who doesn't access to Photoshop, or any decent image editing program.

Photoshop has now come out with a FREE, WEB-BASED application where you can EASILY take your pictures and edit them.

Photoshop Express

This web application is very simple. You can re-size, rotate, and crop your images. You can color-correct using a wide-variety of methods. You can lighten, darken, or adjust the contrast. It even has a special Red-Eye removal tool.

The interface is also very easy. You don't need to have ever used Photoshop before to figure this out. For every tool, they give you easy-to-see previews of what that tool will do to your picture.

In addition to the basic tools, there are also area-specific tools to help clean up small trouble spots in your image. Sharpening, blurring, cloning, and more. There are even some 'fun' tools to make your images all wacky-fied.

If you're unsure about this and don't want to sign up on the site, there is also a demo ("Test Drive") area where you can play around with images without any uploading, download, or giving any information.

Now, no one has any more excuses for bad pictures*. I would highly recommened that every try this out. It's very easy, and my browswer was able to instantly start editing pictures without any downloading (the site uses Flash, so you will need the latest version of that, I assume).

-Matt

*Unless you took a blurry picture to begin with, and in that case I'd advise you to lay off the caffiene. And use a flash. And step back about a foot when you take the image. And if you take a blurry picture, then GO BACK AND KEEP TAKING PICTURES UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT. It's a digital camera, you have no excuse!
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very helpful, and of course there's always the Gimp as well.

This would be a good time to remind everyone of our image guidelines:
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=19237
Read that before posting your images - because if I run across any more huge pictures I'm just going to delete the post without explanation and let you redo it when you have the time to do it right.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up AC! I'm joining right now.
Brick Fett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's awesome!

You mind if I post this on my website to share with my fans?

Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fantastic news.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be warned - this thing is NOT photoshop, not in any way.

What they are offering is to photoshop as a paper airplane is to a jetliner.

Don't go in expecting anything resembling photoshop and you may not be disappointed.
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured as much, knapplc. Which is why I've declined the offer and will just wait for my brother to bring the Photoshop program the next time he visits.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Photoshop Editing - now everyone can do it! Reply with quote

Pepa Quin wrote:
now everyone can do it!

Even a caveman? Laughing

Sorry, couldn't resist. This is great though. Now I don't have to use my mom's laptop everytime I need to resize a photo.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Dragon wrote:
I figured as much, knapplc. Which is why I've declined the offer and will just wait for my brother to bring the Photoshop program the next time he visits.

I wish I had access to PS. I have 4.5 that barely works on my Mac using an old OS 9 shell, and it's driving me crazy. I don't have the $499 or whatver the latest and greatest costs, so I thought this would be a cool alternative. Unfortunately, no.
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
I wish I had access to PS. I have 4.5 that barely works on my Mac using an old OS 9 shell, and it's driving me crazy. I don't have the $499 or whatver the latest and greatest costs, so I thought this would be a cool alternative. Unfortunately, no.

For editing pictures Photoshop Elements is entirely sufficient. It's the real thing but with most of the über-fancy functions removed.

I got version 2.0 free with my Canon scanner many many years ago. It still works fine on Windows XP. For MacOS X I bought Photoshop Elements 3.0 for something around EUR 50. Both versions have all the editing capabilities I am ever going to need.

The current version, Photoshop Elements 6, retails for EUR 80 here in Germany.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at this, and yeah it's pretty dissapointing. Most of the features I can already do on iPhoto or even Flickr.
General Veers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^It's true, Flickr provides most of the same stuff.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gingerbeard Man wrote:
knapplc wrote:

For editing pictures Photoshop Elements is entirely sufficient. It's the real thing but with most of the über-fancy functions removed.

I got version 2.0 free with my Canon scanner many many years ago. It still works fine on Windows XP. For MacOS X I bought Photoshop Elements 3.0 for something around EUR 50. Both versions have all the editing capabilities I am ever going to need.

The current version, Photoshop Elements 6, retails for EUR 80 here in Germany.

For the money, Gimp (or GimpShop) is by far the better choice. I have GS, but it's a bear to learn when you cut your teeth on PhotoShop.

I sound like a big complainer here, I know. I'm really not trying to be. Smile
JediTomM

Location: The country where almost no conventions, celebrations or nothing, Australia.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PhotoShop, and that is not anywhere near PhotoShop CS3, and if you don't want to pay, GIMP is a must have.

Trees by Tripod
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars MOCs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: