FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Set represents which episode best?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Which Set represents which episode best? Reply with quote

Imagine you would like to have 6 of the Lego Star Wars Sets.
Each for every movie.
Which would you take? And why?

FlickrBrickshelf
BobaFett95

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode I: I would like to have the Podrace set (Star Wars bucket, i think)
Episode II: This is easier. Republic Gunship.
Episode III: Weeeeeeeeell... The Ultimate Space Battle.
Episode IV: This is hard. Millenium Falcon, perhaps.
Episode V: Hoth Battle.
Episode VI: Jabba's Sail Barge, because it's the first scene i remember when i saw ROTJ for the first time, i was 4, now i am 13.

I wanted to choose multiple sets, darn the rules Mad !
cowboycoder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question. I'll stick to the system scale stuff (I'm assuming that we could have any official set though)

Ep I. 7191 Mos Espa Podrace The pod race was the set piece of the film, and was most heavily featured in the trailers we all drooled over before the release, before the full horror of Jar Jar was unleashed upon us Wink

Ep II. 7163 Republic Gunship Sums up the entire plot I think! Very Happy

Ep III. 7283 Ultimate Space Battle Tricky choice really, obviously Darth vader Transformation sums up the point of the story, but it was a fairly poor set. If I could only have one set from the film, this would be it. And space battles is what Star Wars is all about, right?

Ep IV. 7190 Millenium Falcon You came in that thing?!? Even a 6 set collection of LSW would be incomplete without a Falcon, and yes 4504 may be a better rendition, but that's Ep V.

Ep V. 4483 Imperial AT-AT Large powerful mechanised destruction, that's what the empire was all about. And episode V was all about the power of the empire.

Ep VI. 7264 Imperial Inspection Who could forget the elegance of the Lambda Shuttle, and seeing the emperor for the 'first' time, that hanger full of stormies on parade, and the royal guards. It's all in this set!

So that's my selection, quite tricky to pick a single set that can sum up an episode. I think if I had to choose just 6 sets, without the restriction of one per episode, I'd probably have just 6 classic trilogy sets. They're all fairly big sets too.
Jay-3-Mc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: 6 movies, 6 sets Reply with quote

Tough question,

I have had to think about a couple on my list...

ep I: I agree that the pod race is pivotal to this movie, so I would agree although the Trade Federation MTT (New) is a great set

ep II: Jango Fett's Slave I, a much better upgrade to the previous version of Boba's from 1999. and since I won't be putting boba's on the list...

ep III: Again I agree the Ultimate Space Battle, that opening scene made the movie.

ep IV: Imperial Star Destroyer. non-UCS to stay with mini-fig scale. I like this set, looks acurate from the outside, good mini-fig selection

ep V: 4504 Millenium Falcon. tough call between that and the AT-AT, but the Falcon deserves to be on the list.

epVI: Not much to choose from, lots of little sets. I think Jabba's Sail Barge, good size and well represented. Although the AT-AT could slip in here if offered with Endor Storm troopers, rather than Snowtroopers/
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 1: 7660 Naboo Starfighter and Droid Starfighter

Episode 2: 7163 Republic Gunship

Episode 3: either 7283 Ultimate Space Battle or 7256 Jedi Starfighter and Vulter Droid

Episode 4: more of a tough one; either UCS Falcon, or UCS Star Destroyer, or Really any X-wing set besides the dagoba one

Episode 5: either 4483 AT-AT or 4504 Hoth Millennium Falcon

Episode 6: UCS Death Star II

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thread Andi. Well, here's my opinion...

Episode I: The 7665 Republic Cruiser or MTT. Both sets rock my socks and I just love how they were incorporated into the movie.
Episode II: Easy...Republic Gunship. The greatest Lego set ever (so far IMHO). Also, I think the RGS really adds to the episode add the battle on Geonosis.
Episode III: Definately the Ultimate Space Battle of the Jedi Starfighter with Hyperspace Ring. This is because the jedi starfighters are really awesome in my opinion and really add to the movie.
Episode IV: X-wing starfighter. Really any of them in my opinion works well.
Episode V: 4504 Millenium Falcon for sure. Just an awesome set and a vital part to this episdoe.
Episode VI: USC Death Star. This is because I just feel that Epsiode VI totally revolves around how to destroy the second Death Star. Although I do not own this set, I would like to Wink .

Well, that's what I think. Keep the opinions coming. Very Happy
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good idea, Andi. I'd have to say:

Episode I: Naboo Starfighter. The podracer scene was fine, but I always remember those cool, sleek, shiney yellow starfighters.
Episode II: Republic Gunship. These ships were the first time we got to see the clones in action, rescuing our main characters.
Episode III: ARC-170. This movie had a lot of cool ships, but unfortunately most of them were only seen for a few seconds, and didn't really leave a lasting impression. I think the ship that stuck most with me is the ARC-170 because I was like "Well, that's obviously a precursor to the X-Wing."
Episode IV: X-Wing. It was the ship that killed the Death Star. The MF is cool, but the X-Wing is legendary.
Episode V: AT-AT. These were actually my first glimpse of Star Wars, and I was forever hooked. How can you deny the power of the AT-AT?
Episode VI: Millenium Falcon. Piloted by Lando, this led the charge against the second Death Star and actually flew into the core of it.

This was tough (especially for the OT), because there were many deserving vehicles that didn't make the cut. The Star Destroyer, Death Star II, Sail Barge, and Slave I all deserve an honorable mention. However, when you get right down to it, I think those ships that I chose really represent their respective movies. At least, I think so.
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting question and quite a toughie at that too. Since I've never really cared for the UCS I'll stick with minifig scale.

Episode 1: I'd have to say 7662 Trade Federation MTT. These mammoth beasts are seen throughout the movie from beginning to end. Heck who can forgot that one of these guys nearly ended the existence of jar Jar Binks. To top it, Lego did a good representation of the MTT in this set.
Episode 2: No question 4482 AT-TE. I always remembered this bad boy ever since I saw the movie. Also remember alot of them getting blown up, but that's not the point. You see one of these guys and think so that's where the AT-AT started from.
Episode 3: I'd have to say 65771 Episode III Collector's Set. In this set alone you get to great models, the Arc-170 and the Tri-Fighter. Who cannot remember that opening battle where good and evil clash on such a monumental scale.
Episode 4: Has to be 7142 X-wing Fighter. Okay so it's not the best representation of the X-Wing, but you can't help but remember it killed the Death Star.
Episode 5: 4483 AT-AT hands down. Out of the entire movie I just remember that beginning battle. I remember as a kid just thinking woah.
Episode 6: 6207 A-Wing. It didn't really get the most screentime, but that doesn't make this ship any less. It's one of things that's stuck with me since I first saw the movie as a kid.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Big Cam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboycoder wrote:
Interesting question. I'll stick to the system scale stuff (I'm assuming that we could have any official set though)

Ep I. 7191 Mos Espa Podrace The pod race was the set piece of the film, and was most heavily featured in the trailers we all drooled over before the release, before the full horror of Jar Jar was unleashed upon us Wink

Ep II. 7163 Republic Gunship Sums up the entire plot I think! Very Happy

Ep III. 7283 Ultimate Space Battle Tricky choice really, obviously Darth vader Transformation sums up the point of the story, but it was a fairly poor set. If I could only have one set from the film, this would be it. And space battles is what Star Wars is all about, right?

Ep IV. 7190 Millenium Falcon You came in that thing?!? Even a 6 set collection of LSW would be incomplete without a Falcon, and yes 4504 may be a better rendition, but that's Ep V.

Ep V. 4483 Imperial AT-AT Large powerful mechanised destruction, that's what the empire was all about. And episode V was all about the power of the empire.

Ep VI. 7264 Imperial Inspection Who could forget the elegance of the Lambda Shuttle, and seeing the emperor for the 'first' time, that hanger full of stormies on parade, and the royal guards. It's all in this set!

So that's my selection, quite tricky to pick a single set that can sum up an episode. I think if I had to choose just 6 sets, without the restriction of one per episode, I'd probably have just 6 classic trilogy sets. They're all fairly big sets too.

I think I'll agree here except maybe replacing the episode 6 choice with the half bult death star, otherwise spot on. Wink
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list would look like this:
Episode 1:
MTT - it was everywhere in the movie

Episode 2:
Republic Gunship - the coolest ship of PT

Episode 3:
well, that's tricky actually.
Maybe Mini Jedi Star Fighter in yellow and custom red
Is it Lego's bad producing? Or are there just no good ships/vehicles in Episode 3?

Episode 4:
X-Wing - destroyed the Death Star

Episode 5:
AT-AT - The Hoth Battle was and will always be the greatest battle in SW universe

Episode 6:
Imperial Inspection/Imperial Shuttle - First impressive view of the emperor, full packed with Endor Rebels and used by Vader

FlickrBrickshelf
lyeogdoa2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 1: Mos Espa Podrace
Episode 2: Republic Gunship
Episode 3: Jedi Starfighter
Episode 4: X-Wing (any version)
Episode 5: AT-AT
Episdoe 6: Endore Speeder Bikes
Shads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode I: The new MTT
Episode II: ATTE
Clone Wars: Gunship
Episode III: The one with the Juggernaught
Episode IV: The Falcon
Episode V: Hoth Battle
Episode VI: Imperial Inspection

Just had to add in the clone wars...[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great thread, i would have to say

Ep I. 7191 Mos Espa Podrace

Ep II. 7163 Republic Gunship

Ep III. 7283 Ultimate Space Battle

Ep IV. 10179 Millenium Falcon

Ep V. 4483 Imperial AT-AT

Ep VI. 6210 Jabba's Sail barge

if you are a christian put this on your sig :><>
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I) Naboo Starfighter (new)- That set is one of my favorites and represents my favorite moment of all the films- when the gang comes in the hangar to retake Theed and Anakin hops in the cockpit. John Williams' music is beyond excellent there and just a fun moment. I've got a lot of great memories of the summer of '99, and this is at the top of my list.

II) RGS- I don't own it, but it really looks like they nailed that one. Plus, those RGS saved the day.

III) Obi Wan's blue Jedi starfighter- As much as I love the space battle sequence, I'd have to go with this one. I always thought the hyperspace ring was a cool idea and the hunt for Grevious was pretty cool.

IV) TIE Fighter (with LUL Vader)- I'd have to go with this one because it's one of the few ships in Ep IV which was both interesting and well done in LEGO form.

V) The Falcon- great job on that one, and the old girl takes center stage in ESB.

VI) Ewok Attack- It's got Ewoks and I've always loved Endor. The speeder bikes were also pretty sharp looking.

endcreepyminifigfaces.blogspot.com
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode I: Jedi Duel. It was a small, tiny set, but it had Maul and Qui-Gon, and was my first Star Wars set.
Episode II: Jedi Starfighter. This was a nice little set, and the ship was in my favorite scene from Epsiode II.
Episode III: ARC-10 Starfighter. This was my favorite Epsidode III set, the others weren't very good.
Episode IV: This is really a hard decision. I would have to say TIE Fighter with Y-Wing. It was the first set with Darth Vader and the first with a TIE fighter (I think it preceded the classic TIE). Overall, a nice set.
Episode V: The Original Snowspeeder. This is my all-time favorite LEGO set, due to my having it when I was in the hospital with pneumonia. While it's not movie accurate, it was a fun set that I absolutely love.
Episode VI: Speeder Bikes. Another small set, it was from my favorite scene from ROTJ, and was one of my earliest SW sets. Two bikes with scout troopers, Michael Jackson Luke with green lightsaber- what more could you ask for?

You'll notice I chose mostly classic sets from the first three years of LEGO SW. This is because these sets had this certain 'spirit' that was never captured by any of the later sets.

Last edited by ZombieFlynn on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flynn wrote:
You'll notice I chose mostly classic sets from the first three years of LEGO SW. This is because these sets had this certain 'spirit' that was never captured by any of the later sets.

*FEELS A TINGLE OF MAGIC AND ACQUIRES A HUGE SMILE FROM PAST MEMORIES* Very Happy

I couldn't agree with you more. My first set was the 7100 Landspeeder set which came with Luke and Obi-Wan. After that, I got other classics such as 7131 Anakin's Podracer and they all have something truly special about them. Maybe it was the packaging which had that logo with various OT characters in the corner? Or was it the basic and simple design?

Today's modern sets are brilliant and are getting more and more accurate but they just don't strike such a tone. Maybe it's because we've had a wave of prequel sets* and they've brought back the memories of those movies?! Razz Time for an Endor wave I say!! Cool

*Not taking into account the OT sets
Gingerbeard Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi wrote:
Is it Lego's bad producing? Or are there just no good ships/vehicles in Episode 3?

Clone Turbo Tank?

Oops, you were actually asking about good ships/vehicles... Rolling Eyes Wink

I find it very difficult to limit myself to one set per movie, as each contains several very different "scenes" / locations which I think all deserve their share.

E.g. Episode IV starts out in space with the Blockade Runner / Star Destroyer chase, then spends some time on Tatooine (Landspeeder or Sandcrawler) followed by Death Star I (no Lego sets - yet) and ends with the Yavin battle (X-Wing, Y-Wing or TIE Fighter).

Episode V - first Hoth (AT-AT, Snowspeeder or Rebel Base) then Dagobah (4502 X-Wing) and finally Bespin (Cloud City or Slave I).

And what about Episode VI? More Tatooine (Jabba's Palace or Sail Barge), the 2nd Death Star (DS II or Imperial Inspection), the space battle (A-Wing or B-Wing) or Endor (AT-ST or Speeder Bikes)?

Those choices are too tough for me to make...
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi: UCS Falcon.

Episode 1: Star Wars Bucket. It's as good as the movie. Wink

Episode 2: Republic Gunship

Episode 3: Darth Vader Transformation. Set summarizes the scene that ruined the whole movie. Noooooo!!!!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the scene ruin the movie? Shocked
Jedi Joe
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:

It didn't. Alot of people don't understand what it feels like when you massacre the Jedi Order so you can save your wife, but then she ends up dying from your own hands. (I know Vader didn't really kill her, but that is what he thought.) He was filled with anger and sadness.
Blacknight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:

It was the way he said "Noooooooo!" It was so cliched that people in the audience couldn't help but start laughing. Not the appropriate reaction in that scene I think. The visuals were fine, they just should have dubbed over that word with an angry growl/scream followed by Vader sucking back in an extra long breath of air - that would have been scary cool.
bedaho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I think what ruined the movie for me was either Jar Jar or Padme dying of a "broken heart".

I[lllllll]EEE[]l/=====================
Shads

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Joe wrote:
The Master wrote:

It didn't. Alot of people don't understand what it feels like when you massacre the Jedi Order so you can save your wife, but then she ends up dying from your own hands. (I know Vader didn't really kill her, but that is what he thought.) He was filled with anger and sadness.

Maybe not directly but he was her life, sacrificing himself to the darkside for her made it so she couldn't live anymore, thus indirectly he did.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look! It's a chance to get back on topic! (*DWhisper will promote me for sure because of this*) Smile

Rolling Eyes Anyway,

Episode 1: Naboo Starfighter, as the movie revolves mostly around Naboo
Episode 2: Anakin and the Tusken Raiders, It summarizes his pull to the dark side and his ignorance and immaturity he has
Episode 3: The Ultimate Duel, mostly because its what sets up episode 4,5,6
Episode 4: X-Wing Starfighter, as it represents the rebellion and what luke becomes, a tool against the dark side.
Episode 5: At-At, the battle scene against the At-At was one of the most memorable of the saga
Episode 6: Death Star II, it's mostly the main part of the story
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode I: 7101 Lightsaber Duel

Episode II: 7163 Republic Gunship

Episode III: 7257 Ultimate Lightsaber Duel

Episode IV: 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner

Episode V: 10123 Cloud City

Episode VI: 10143 Death Star II

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
Duckman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There would be no comparison to the cuteness of....

Ep 1 Naboo Swamp if I was forced to choose, mainly because it was the first set to release the STAP's, they looked so cool, even the new ones from the Battle Packs.

Ep 2 Was not a fan of the movie, thus am not a fan of the sets

Ep 3 *see episode 2 reasoning*

Ep 4 Rebel Blockade Runner, because if you are over 30 you will understand. This was the first introduction to George Lucas to the world, and pretty much made every young blooded males jaw drop, even after they saw it for the ____th time at its first release.

Ep 5 7130 Snowspeeder

Ep 6 7139 Ewok Attack, everyone loves these cute little balls of fuzz

Fully Brick Models Ebay

Fully Brick Models Bricklink
H20wned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go with:

Ep1: Mos espa podrace

Ep2: Republic gunship or AT-TE

Ep3: Ultimate space battle

Ep4: UCS Rebel blockade runner

Ep5: 4483 AT-AT or 10129 USC Snowspeeder

Ep6: Jabba's sail barge or UCS star destroyer.
The Falconer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I would like to point out that the UCS Millennium Falcon is based off the Falcon you see in Episodes V and VI - there were additions put on in those movies that were not in the first one (notably two forward underside cargo bays).

With that being said:

Episode I: MTT (new version)

Episode II: Bounty Hunter Pursuit.

Episode III: ARC-170

Episode IV: X-wing (newer version)

Episode V: Boba Fett's Slave I (newer version)

Episode VI: Jabba's Sail Barge

Nice topic, Andi!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepa Quin wrote:
First off, I would like to point out that the UCS Millennium Falcon is based off the Falcon you see in Episodes V and VI - there were additions put on in those movies that were not in the first one (notably two forward underside cargo bays).

That may be true, but I think Lego still intended for it to be ANH because of the minifigs (Obi Wan, Leia in her white dress, and Luke in his Farmboy outfit)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Count Blacktron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, enough lurking! I'll submit a real list of mine own:

1. The Phantom Menace = 7665 Republic Cruiser. Only a few short minutes of screen time, but such a memorable first appearance. The ship represents the Jedi of old, the red diplomatic coloring is striking on the cruiser and the introduction of Obi Wan Kenobi and his powerful teacher Qui Gon Jin! A lovely build experience and no Jar Jar Binks. Razz

2. Without a doubt, I'll bend to 7163 Republic Gunship for Attack of the Clones. I remember well the Midnight Madness sales when the episode 2 toys went on sale. This one was definitely worth the wait and the 1 am build! Four Clones, two Super Battle Droids, a Destroyer Droid and the mysterious Jedi Jimmy! Truly a great set for rounding out a Clone and Jedi army (and for Droids too).

3. Revenge of the Sith has more Clones than Sith, but I feel that the 7283 Ultimate Space Battle may be the best choice. While the building is repetative, it is fun and challenging. More importantly is the inclusion of Jedi master and apprentice, Obi Wan and Anakin. The heroic representation of these two super-heroes against the Droid fighters and Tri-Fighter in LEGO is well executed fun.

4. A New Hope = 6211 Imperial Star Destoryer. Again, this ship is seen in the opening of the movie and sets the tone for the picture. Included are key figures Vader and Tarkin, plus a small army of Imperial soldiers. While the Guards and holographic Emperor are not represented in the movie, nor did Tarkin hang out on a SD ship, it nonethless has that feel of the first film moments and an entertaining and challenging build.

5. The Empire Strikes Back would be best represented by the set 4504 Millennium Falcon. A reasonable and fun model of the famous starship of Han Solo without an excluding price tag makes this guily free fun set worth every penny. Packed with fun and features, this set includes the key figures Leia, Han, Chewie and C-3PO and a pusuing Snowtrooper. I'd buy more of this set if re-released today. Great fun for all ages.

6. Return of the Jedi must be held within the 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge. Luke's triumphant rescue of Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt signals the true return of the Jedi order and the end of lawless terror in the galaxy. Genuinely one of the best builds in LEGO business and the best minifigure character set ever designed. One of my all time top 10 favorite sets.

That's all, I cannot fully review Expanded Universe or Clone Wars material until more is complete this Fall. Until then... count me content with my vote. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: