FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lego Maquettes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtguru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Lego Maquettes Reply with quote

Steve,

I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light on these. As a Star Wars Lego fan and collector, I was hooked on the maquettes when I found out about them. I've since become a big Gentle Giant fan and have heard from the Gentle Giant folk that the Lego maquette line is finished after Boba Fett. Is this true? Are there licensing problems with making more of these? I know I'm in the minority on these boards with collecting these, but I'm hoping that this line will continue.

Obviously the fact that the Lukes are sitting on shelves is a deterrent for continuing the line, but as with all Gentle Giant products the edition sizes need to be smaller. The major complaint seems to be the high pricepoint of these, which I'm assuming has something to do with having to obtain several licenses. I know there may be cost problems with smaller editions, but I would hate for the surplus of Lukes to be the end of this great line. There are so many great characters to be made and I think with time more and more people would collect these.

Any information you could give me would be great. And hopefully the powers that be can continue making these great maquettes.

Thanks for your time,
Brian
brickscout

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an answer for you as it seems no one else did but I am wondering where the heck is mine as I preordered it eons ago with a credit card and everything...
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also do collect these maquettes, and like them as well. I was lucky enough to even get my hands on one of those Blackhole Stormtroopers.

I almost forgot that I ordered the Boba Fett one until I got this email from Star Wars Shop:

Due to an unexpected delay by the vendor, the scheduled shipping date of the following pre-order item(s) has changed, the new ship date is as follows:
SWLFLLMBF Exclusive LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett Maquette Ships Feb 15
starbeanie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only surplus is Luke. Vader and stormie were 1000 each, blackhole stormie 500, Fett 1500.

There are 587 TRU's in the US, so even at only 10 per store you would have 5870 Luke's produced and I feel there are far more.

I assume that they are canceling it since they have yet to meet a ship date. Fett was preordered last Feb with a summer ship date that is currently Feb of this year Shocked Vader and stormie shipped masssively late also. My order for them was placed 12/06 shipped 8/07

Bret
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't mean there won't be more.With the new Indiana Jones Line
they might make more, but then again who knows.

(Respecting the Brick, just speculating)

Lego Apple
vtguru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was hoping I could get Steve to shed some light on this.

I've noticed lately that Steve has not been posting much. Does anyone know why? Maybe Toy Fair has occupied all his time becuase there will be so many new products Very Happy
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he is probably just busy.
Inzane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbeanie wrote:
Vader and stormie shipped masssively late also. My order for them was placed 12/06 shipped 8/07

Bret

I had never even heard of those back then. Where were they sold? Somewhere other than Shop@Home?
starbeanie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were exclusive to starwarsshop.com, same for Boba Fett. Luke was the only one ever available at Shop@Home.

Bret
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got an email saying my boba fett has been shipped.
speaknspell
LEGO Community Relations Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all, yeah sorry for a late reply, i've been traveling a whole lot this year so far.

As far as I know we're not continuing with this line, I don't know a thing about ship dates though, sorry can't help you there.

Steve

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=airspreaded
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/
Winbrant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the FedEx noticed they just tried delivery.

So...I will be picking him up later this afternoon Very Happy

Scary in that I think I ordered this almost a year ago.
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine on Wednesday. Its a little bigger box than the previous.

I'll take a picture later and post it.
Winbrant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box is bigure by virtue of the blaster Boba is wielding and his outspread arms (vs. the close to body positions of the other three).

The head and helmet looks a bit odd to me...almost a bit undersized. Added to that is the helmet sits pretty high up (1/4") such that the neck looks to be a good target if I was the enemy. I'm thinking they undersized the helmet so they could get it to sit properly so the back of the helmet doesn't touch the rocketpack. When put beside Luke that Fett helmet looks ridiculously undersized as it doesn't go below the level on the chin...

Another thing that is galling, similar to the UCS Falcon, is that I ordered this within hours of it becoming available for pre-order...so I got 1439 out of 1500...another of first off of the last pallet produced Sad.

Sorry no pics...camera not working properly...I gotta find a pic of the concept for this one to look at the helmet.

Sad Sad
brickscout

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I got a little scolded for posting a second question to my problem in a new thread I will come back here and post it with no hope of anyone reading it but here goes. Several people wrote that they thought the free gift was for only those who ordered the other Maquettes well unless I misread this from back in July I challenge any of you to explain why I shouldn't be ticked off...(and no I am not really that angry, I understand that it is just a patch and not lifesaving medicine that I require...it's just the principle of it that bugs me.)

starwarsshop.com wrote:
Dear Customer,

It has been a long wait, but we are ready to unveil the EXCLUSIVE, free
gift we promised to everyone who purchased the LEGO Star Wars
Maquettes. Introducing... "The Rogue Trooper" Patch! Every customer who
pre-ordered the LEGO Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, or Boba Fett maquette will
receive this one-of-a-kind patch! This 3.5" by 3.5" patch was specifically
approved by Lucas Licensing for you, our loyal StarWarsShop.com
customers and will never be available at retail or to anyone else.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWLFLPRT

As a reminder from our previous email, The Stormtrooper and Darth Vader
characters were originally scheduled to ship earlier this year.
However, due to manufacturer constraints, production of these pieces was
delayed and is now scheduled for late summer 2007. For those of you that
purchased the LEGO Star Wars Boba Fett Maquette, we expect that piece to
ship 1-2 months after the shipment of the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper
maquettes.

Again, we truly apologize for these delays, and please accept this gift
as a token of our appreciation for your patience and patronage.

Sincerely,

StarWarsShop.com
Customer Service

I will say that I sent an angry reply back to them via "reply" to this message and was shocked to have a response back within 12 hours from a real person, not an auto-response. She described my problem and asked where I would like the gift shipped to as (I am guessing) it may have been sent somewhere else by mistake.
cowboycoder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting... did anybody get a Patch with their Boba maquette?

I must admit I never really paid much attention to that email when I got it, and besides, just how many patches do I need? Rolling Eyes

But well done for chasing that up, I bet they completely forgot to put them in the shipment!
speaknspell
LEGO Community Relations Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, I'll let this thread keep going so you guys can discuss the patch, but you have to understand this isn't anywhere near a LEGO related thread anymore. its more of a GentleGiant/Starwars.com thread now.

Steve

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=airspreaded
http://www.flickr.com/photos/speaknspell/
DarthSjaak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine today (Boba Fett), without the patch. I've sent an email to customer-service (5 minutes ago).
vtguru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaknspell wrote:
um, I'll let this thread keep going so you guys can discuss the patch, but you have to understand this isn't anywhere near a LEGO related thread anymore. its more of a GentleGiant/Starwars.com thread now.

Steve

Steve.
Hell with the thread, somehow keep the line going Very Happy

I ordered a couple of the Boba maquettes and did not receive a patch. I was also fortunate to get to order the Vader and Stormie ones when they released more to Hyperspace members. I aslo did not receive patches with them, but I think that is because I ordered when they were actually in stock and had no wait.

I'm going to try customer service to see if I can get mine as well. Had no idea these were supposed to be given for Boba as well.
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, got pictures of my SW Lego Maquettes. Here you go!

i was lucky enough to get my hands on the Blackhole Stormie maquette. I haven't opened it because I've seen the price for it on ebay. Not sure what I want to do with it yet.

brickscout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaknspell wrote:

Steve

I understand that your comment is meant in regards to the fact that it is not about LEGO anymore but...
With all due respect, to say this isn't anywhere near a LEGO related thread anymore isn't very accurate. If the LEGO group and Lucasfilms are allowing a third party to utilize the license to produce a product that a fan of both, namely AFOL, fbtbner's etc. are guaranteed to be drawn to (because of the nature of the product) then they still have a shared responsibility to ensure that their license is being utilized properly. That being said, after a very long wait and no explanation or apology letter, I received my patch in the mail 2 days ago. It came in a business sized standard white envelope and nothing else. Had I not pressed the company I would not have received what was promised, and although I would like to see more maquettes made it is my hopes that the LEGO group recognized this companies pathetic business practice and decided to part ways...I will always be an AFOL, because those of you that work for the LEGO group have done more than any other company to make a toy that is more than a product. Steve, I greatly appreciate the time you take to keep the "Ask LEGO" forum open, it is part of what makes FBTB the greatest fan created LEGO site.
And chawan_cut, they do look cool together, if only LEGO and Lucasfilms would allow LEGO Star Wars "Desk Pals" to be made then we would all be broke...
chawan_cut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks brickscout for your comments. Although most people don't like the maquettes, they're pretty cool.
I quickly boxed them back up after taking the pictures, and they're stored away. Probably will never open the Blackhole one though.
Crazybirdman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LEGO stores are giving the Luke maquette away for free, all you have to do is buy the Falcon!
twentythree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good marketing strategy to offload statues containing "dangerous magnets" to unsuspecting consumers and get large ticket items out the door at the same time. -jk-

I've counted over a dozen of those Luke Pilots at my TRU and they've never been marked down from $70. I figure eventually they'll end up either going back to Lego or become part of a similar promotion with one of the larger sets. Maybe when the new RGS comes in August.
The Jinja Ninja wrote: The extended edition includes those scenes (which were replaced with the boulder sequence in the Raiders we know and love) as well as some revisions to the rest of the movie including 'Belloq shot first'
Blondie-Wan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the Luke one at my TRU, discounted down to $27.95 or something like that, and at that price I think it's great. I honestly think it's heavily overpriced at the list price, though - for $70 or even $50 I'd want it more LEGO-accurate (stud holes in the backs of the legs, more accurately shaped arms / hands, etc.), but I think it's an awfully neat little piece for the price I paid. I'd like to have the others, but I suspect Luke is going to be the only one I'll have anytime soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: