FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toys // Collecting: discussion & photography
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Z

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect swords... if thats what you want to call it. Right now i only have 5, a civil war style, a Turkish/ Arabian style and a Sammari set of three (large, medium and small). its a small collection but its growing. The cool part is i get them in different places. North carolina, Toronto, and Tennesee. tennessee has a giant knife shop that has cheap swords that are pretty cool... I was going to get one off true swords dot com but the parental units dont want me to... Im old enough to get it myself but... I have to live by their rules for at least another year...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put most of my stuff on display, finally. Still have a bunch left though, Transformers, GI Joe etc.

Pretty happy with how they're displayed. Smile
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've built up a small but decent collection of Batman figurines, most of them the awesome 4 inch creations by Japanese toymaker Yamato. I was going to ask, can I post these pictures on Brickshelf, or is it invalid because of their supossed "only Lego" code?

Besides that, I've also managed to beg the occasional action figure from my parents, and have a decent sized Star Wars Titanum collection, mostly from the clearance sales that the hypermart has. Since my Lego collection already takes up quite a bit of cash, all the action figures are just on the side.

><>
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun with Futurama:

Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the DC Universe Joker a few weeks ago. Great figure. But I noticed something odd.

Besides that it fits in great with the DC Movie Masters figures. Smile
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually one has black pinstripes and the other white but oh well, they still look alike haha, and you should make the speech bubbles into one with two points on it going to each guy to make it look like they are saying it at the same time Laughing
JT-77
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I'm too devoted to "origional" style Traansformers. I spent $30 to get the Japanese Classics Starscream, to get the right color patern. Istead of the $10 US Classics! Laughing
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor wrote:
Actually one has black pinstripes and the other white but oh well, they still look alike haha, and you should make the speech bubbles into one with two points on it going to each guy to make it look like they are saying it at the same time Laughing

I see what you mean about the voice bubble. That probably would've been better, I just don't think there's an option like that in PSP8. Then again I didn't actually look for it. Smile

I know the pants are not exactly the same. But I figured it was close enough. Come on, who wears purple pants? Laughing

Besides Don.

Anyways... I can't put the two figures side by side without noticing it. I then go on to imagine how the Joker would react to such a fashion fopa...

Yes. I am bored.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faux pas*
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted any of my stuff in a while:

These are my Revoltech Pocco and Revoltech Bandaged Ayanami Rei
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Come on, who wears purple pants? Laughing

I do.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New droids!

TK-425
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thought I'd join in. I collect heroclix, and their poor, discontinued friend, sportsclix. Does anybody know what these are? No? NO?! Ah, well. Clicky and and Clicky

Oh, and I occasionally play and buy a new team of duh duh dah duh...
ELECTRIC FOOTBALL Kinda surprised a twelve-year-old would play an old classic, eh? I even went to the Electric Football Convention in '07 when it was in Jacksonville. (I live in Florida, but I am not at liberty to say where in the state)
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Yamato Batman figurines

><>
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got around to taking good pictures of the Iron Man toys.

TurkGuy19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for Japanese toys Wink

... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay indeed! My Yuki should be here shortly. Nice shots as always Turk.
TurkGuy19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Yuki isnt my favorite fig (ranks down there with my Asuka), but I could have Haruhi and Mikur without Yuki. Im more excited in the fact that Yoko comes out next month, and then Haruka comes out in November. Very Happy
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is far too good a thread to let die, and since I've been uploading pictures of my action figures and toys to majhost.com, I present a review of Neca's Tomb Raider Underworld action figure.

This comes a little late, but some time ago I bought the Neca TRU action figure from the States and have a few photos. This is my review of it.

SCULPT:

Lara 1
Lara back

Lara looks better than in any of the previous Neca 7 inch action figures. Her proportions are quite like in the game, she's got this cute expression and her outfit looks amazing. There are even grenades stuck to her belt at the back. The famous Doc Marten boots look great, with the straps and everything. It is, however, a pity that the more complex pieces of Lara's equipment such as the grappling hook and videocamera aren't included. One major niggle is that the ponytail fell off within days of buying and I had to glue it back. Unfortunately, her face doesn't look much like Lara at all.

PAINT:

Face closeup

The colours are fairly accurate to in-game TRU Lara, even if her skin-tone is a bit flat. The guns have a few smudges but are otherwise okay. Lara's belt buckle, gloves and hair are especially-well coloured. There are a few tricky areas where the paintwork is a tad sloppy, but other than that it's quite good.

ARTICULATION:

Like most Neca figures, this one sorely disappoints when it comes to articulation. However, the ball-jointed torso is interesting and means she can do semi-sit-ups. However, there is no articulation in some of the expected places such as the knees and the elbows, so the posing you can do is pretty limited. Of course, too much articulation would break up the smoothness of the skin, as is evident with the ball-jointed shoulders. The worst part is that the feet aren't even level, so although there is a display base included, it doesn't help too much when her legs are so awkwardly positioned.

ACCESSORIES:

A real disappointment. All that's included are Lara's signature twin pistols. I'd have loved to see some weapons from the game, such as the tranquilizer and spear guns and especially Thor's hammer.

PRICING:

At a rather hefty $16.99, this action figure is only barely worth it. Compare to those of McFarlane toys (which did McFarlane's monsters and the lovely Halo action figures and statues) which are far better articulated and a bit more detailed.

CONSENSUS:

This looks nice on the mantle and is a nifty addition to any TR action figure collection and is by all counts the best so far, but if you want to pose your Lara action figure and play with it, you're better off with the movie action figures.

GALLERY:

Lara pointing two guns

Lara side 1

Lara side 2

(photographs when public)

><>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: