FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toys // Collecting: discussion & photography
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Toys // Collecting: discussion & photography Reply with quote

This is the thread for people who want to share their interests in collecting.

I have some pics here to start us off:

My collection has grown quite a bit since I took those. I am hoping to update soon with new pics!

Again, this was approved by Doc Hudson.

Last edited by ZombieAndrew on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Scout Troopa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is a useful thread. Very Happy

I used to collect Warhammer 40k miniatures, specifically Tyranids.
I also had a large, diverse collection of Lord of The Rings Miniatures (the paintable ones). Over 200 figures at last count. I eventually decided that it was a bit pointless continuing, despite how much I enjoyed it, given the horrifically weak fanbase in my local area. It also seemed a bit of a kiddy toy - you only seemed to have primary school kids seen playing the hobby. Nonetheless, next time I get a chance, I'll set it up and take a picture., but I don't really collect them anymore. Heck, all I'm collecting anymore is dust.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this for everything BUT Lego or is Lego included? Confused

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess LEGO would be OK, but we do have a whole section for that... Confused
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thats why I was asking. I won't post any lego pictures here since we do have another section for that Wink

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Falcon Man

Location: In a tree. Species: Human, I think. Cheese: Wait, what?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been collecting toy cars since I was, like, 2 years old and have a collection of 200+. Not all of them in working order Wink They've been through mud, rain, snow, dirt, rocks, concrete, school bus wheels, and the washing machine. Man, that last one was fun. Laughing

Pics soon.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon Man wrote:
They've been through mud, rain, snow, dirt, rocks, concrete, school bus wheels, and the washing machine. Man, that last one was fun.

Save the school bus, my cellphone's been through all of that.
Falcon Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, but does it still work? Wink
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new phone works great, thanks. Wink The old one however, died a slow, painful death.
Falcon Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My phone died in a swirling whirlpool, called the flushing mechanism.

I just wanted to see if it would float Laughing
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suuuuuure. I find that hard to believe. Surprised

Mine however, went through a trip to Niagara Falls in the winter, got pwned by the snow, went through the mud, rain, dirt and rocks at summer camp, hit the sidewalk one my bike, and finally got killed when I forgot to check my pockets, and tossed it into the washing machine.

Ah, good times. Good times.

Back on topic. Razz
General Veers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to start a collection of Mobile Suit Gundam models and Figures. but those Zeonography ones cost an arm and a leg!

at the least I can still get some decent ones for 1/4 the price of those bloody zeonography ones Rolling Eyes
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect stuff. Lots of stuff. The only thing I actively "collect" anymore is really LEGO. And lately, I've started to build more, and therefore, parted out my Castle, Batman, and some of my city stuff. Anyway, other things...

I buy Warhammer stuff because I play it, but don't really collect it. Currently, I have the following armies:
Empire (Fantasy)
Wood Elves (Fantasy)
Eldar (40k)
Chaos Space Marines/Space Marines (40k)

I recently bought someone's collection of Dark Elves and Tau, but just intend to sell them off. I had some Orcs & Goblins, but traded them off to a friend.

Other than that, I just have stuff. Some Star Wars figures, some Transformers, some McFarline Sports figures (including a Series 1 Emmitt Smith and a Series 1 Pujols rookie figure).

My wife collects shot glasses, we both have a few art things about, and of course, there's also my George Brett baseball card collection.
Scout Troopa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey d, did you ever make any terrain?
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any pictures, but besides Lego I collect/build/paint 1:35 scale military models, specifically WWII. It's a fun yet expensive hobby. One pack of four soldiers that are only 1 1/2 inches tall costs $5. And don't even get me started on the tanks. Can you say, "$50 for a Panzer"? The paints are expensive also, but it's always worth it. Once I get enough soldiers finished, I'll do some dioramas.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made a few things, like some forest pieces for my elves, but mostly I've bought pre-built. Sadly, most of my stuff is in various stages of being unpainted.
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect DVDs, the annual "anti-rabies inoculation" tags of my dog,
autographs from my favourite actors, souvenir brochures from shows I've seen
and Star Wars related items.

FlickrBrickshelf
Thadiator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! I did a topic like this and it was locked. Oh well. I really only collect Star Wars Lego and Movie tickets. That's pretty much it.

Last edited by Thadiator on Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zom-9
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, other than Lego I collect train stuff. My whole room is filled with train pictures, lanterns, models, and lets not forget train curtains Razz .

Brickshelf "You ponce in here expecting to be waited on hand and foot, well I'm trying to run a hotel here!"
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 200 or so Star Wars action figures. Right now I have them in Ultarama displays, but I would like to make a bunch of dioramas for them. I have a load of Jabba’s palace denizens, I have a load and a half of stormtroopers, and like ten Darth Vaders.

I also collected the LotR figures from Toy Biz. I have most of them, and the prize of my whole collection is my Balrog, which is in-scale to the 6” figures. It is one bad mamma-jamma!

I’ll post some pics later this week.
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been mostly buying Transformers since I saw the movie this year so that's now my second biggest thing next to LEGO. I like Halo merchandise as well but not everything because it can be expensive to ship US exclusives over to this side of the pond.
Big Pete

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only other collection is CDs & Records ... they're numbering around 4500 items right now! Very Happy
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I collect aircraft carriers.

No really! I was fascinated (and still am) with the intricate design and shape of them. I would go out and buy model kits, put them together, and display them. Most of them have by now been overrun by lego, but my biggest one (the USS Enterprise by Revel) is sitting on top of my desk where all can see it. Dusty though.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
I also collected the LotR figures from Toy Biz. I have most of them, and the prize of my whole collection is my Balrog, which is in-scale to the 6” figures. It is one bad mamma-jamma!

I have a few LotR figures too. I think I have every Legolas except the Helm's Deep version with the Uruk shield that attaches to his feet. Dang, I really needed that one-> I could have had a complete Legolas collection. Confused Meh, they weren't a passion for me so I don't really care but it would have been nice. You see, I wasn't into figures back then which is why I didn't look twice at them- I don't have a single Orc! Crying or Very sad Recently, I found some very cheap ones. I snagged them all. Council Legolas, Galadriel, Prologue Elven Warrior (RARE) and Prince Theodred (RARE).

Today, there is only one thing I love, buy and hunt down-> Doctor Who figures. I've been buying them since they came out with the release of the new series and I haven't missed a single one that I have wanted. There are some uglies out there that are not worth wasting your money on which is why I do not buy every single one. Why waste the money on something you don't want? I know, I know, it's what collectors do-> they buy everything.

I'm not a collector. I buy my toys, take them home, get them out and play with them. I don't believe in keeping something sealed. Let's say I was into keeping stuff sealed, my GF would probably move out. She says stuff like "Well if you're not gonna enjoy it, why waste the money when we need it for food?!". Laughing

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've collected alot of different things over the years. What I don't collect anymore are Gi-Joe 3 3/4 sized figs, transformers, and Zoids models. Zoids I can;t find really anymore other then the Japanese releases which cost an arm and a leg for the ones I'd want. Gi-Joe pretty much are bad quality now atleast compared to the quality of the ones I had as a kid. Transformers pretty much stopped because of the movie. Just really lost interest in all the newer series. Only really care about the original G1 toys, but those cost more then an arm and a leg to get these days.

What I do collect though are toy mustangs( small variety only due to space constraints), Hot Wheels, Star Wars figs (only clones though), and Lego's of course. I haven't really kept up with the Star Wars figs, I can never find them in my area at any store really. Same with Hot Wheels, since I only collect the Muscle Cars they release in each line it can get pretty tough to find. Took me 5 months alone just to find one Batmobile from the 60's tv series. I swear I must live in an area full of scalpers or something. Laughing

I'll try to get some good pics when I have some free time.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from my R2s (which I've halted for the most part) I find it hard to call what I do "collecting" ...I buy toys. Simple as that. I'm simple minded really, and if something amuses me I'll buy it, and I rarely get rid of anything... so I guess it counts as collecting, I just don't really stick to a focus, and I don't have a lot displayed (like my R2s as mentioned... very few of them aren't in a big Tupperware atm).

But, as far as what I "collect" - like I said: whatever I like. Toys for the most part, general sci-fi stuff, robots, so on and so forth. I'll get a pic of what I have out later for you all.
Leon S Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Leon, This thread is just gonna be about my Robots in Disguise. Alors,
I collect Transformers, (More than my Lego!) and I have a fair collection. Mostly Movie stuff,(Jazz, 08 Bee, Mp3 Birdy, and D-luxe Barricade.) One Armada, (Megatron) some Beasties,(Transmetal Rhinox and Cheetor, and even Waspy.)and even 2 G1's! Shocked (Soundwave and Grapple!)
My money unfortunately can't pay for all the ones i want.....

Vote Leon for Mayor!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Aside from my R2s, I find it hard to call what I do "collecting" ...I buy toys. Simple as that. I'm simple minded really, and if something amuses me I'll buy it, and I rarely get rid of anything.......I don't have a lot displayed.

That's exactly what I wanted to add on to my previous comments. I don't call my interests "collecting" either. Everything is stored in plastic tubs (like my Lego) and kept safe. When there is a face off between Lego and Doctor Who, the Doctor always comes first as products are not usually replaced so quickly as Lego items are. Miss the chance and you lose the toy-> it's that simple.

Doctor Who figures can pop up one week and be gone for good the next. It's a good job Battle Packs don't do that! I'd have a hard time choosing between a Dalek and some Rebel minifigs. Confused
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the old Beasties days. I had a fair amount of them, I kinda wish I kept them (instead of giving them to my little cousin)

As for now, I mostly focus on collecting Star Wars Lego, But there are smaller collections of things, such as:
CDs - its not that big yet, I think i have about 40 or so. But I do like collecting them, half the reason I buy them is because I want the case with the artwork and such. Plus I don't like downloading whole CDs online.

Star Wars Action Figures - This is more of dying collection of mine. It's fairly small, and I have only slowly added things to it. But it's still a collection. Though one thats probably done now, I probably won't be buying anymore action figures.

Random Star Wars things - This is another slow moving collection. Just when ever Me or my Dad sees something neat thats Star Wars related, we generally buy it (unless its very expensive) Things like Vader Biggy bank, Millenium Falcon 3D Puzzle, Vader coffe mug, etc..

DeviantART|Brickshelf
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know I'm not the only "bad" collector around here. I have a set of shelves dedicated to the strange purchases I make when wandering through the toy section, like a car, Potato Head, or something similar. I just grab what perks my interest at the moment.

Lately, I've been wanting a Nerf gun, but I don't like any of the ones out now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: