FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The general movie goodness thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icezombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my younger brother and sister to seeTale of Desperaux about a week ago and I quite enjoyed it. The plot was quite decent, and they did a good job of sticking mostly to the story from which it was adapted. It was aimed at younger folks, but I (a 17 year old) still enjoyed it.

The only faults I had with it was that It seemed a lot like Ratatouille, but of course, they're both films that involve rats and humans coexisting, so there yah have it.

Animation: 10/10
Story: 8/10
Enjoyability: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Worth the $5.50 for a matinee ticket.
Zombie Dragon
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometime after Christmas I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I enjoyed it. I highly recommend this movie to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Red Hawk wrote:
Sometimes I wonder why I'm here.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the 2-Disc Edition of Transformers in Sainsbury's the other day for a bargain price - 5! Very Happy It started life at 16.99. Shocked Crazy if you ask me. Anyway, I watched the film on Sunday night and loved every moment of it. I'm really excited they're making a second. Smile

Question for the Transformers Wizards here -> Why couldn't they fix/save Jazz at the end? Do they go beyond repair if they're yanked in two? I only ask because Megatron is returning in the second film - but died in the first. Neutral
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only thing you can say is his spark - essentially his soul and heart- was extinguished.
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Megatron is returning in the second film

Thanks for the spoiler warning! Smile
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen the first one, but even I could deduce that. Wink

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccjwprongs wrote:
The Master wrote:

Both might wanna check your sources. There is alot of controversy surrounding this issue currently.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccjwprongs wrote:
The Master wrote:

Although Bay has confirmed this, the makers of Transformers ROTF also said that they were putting out a lot of fake rumors, to confuse people. So nothing's really "confirmed" until they release the film. Wink

Also, if Megatron is returning, I am sure it will be in the trailer, and won't really count as any sort of major spoiler. It's kind of like saying "Prime's gonna be on Transformers 2" ... "aaawe dude, spoiler alert". Razz
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Yes Man last night. It was a pretty funny movie, good story, good characters, etc. I also liked the ending..it wasn't a typical "everything is great and everything is solved" ending. It was a happy ending yes, but it didn't solve EVERYthing at the end. Another thing I liked was the main girl (forget her name) But she didn't look like a typical hollywood-girl, she actually looked like a real person, an individual. I liked it. (not too meantion I found her really cute Razz )

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're talking about Zooey Deschanel, DD. I think she looks great too, she isn't your typical Hollywood bombshell and is quite versatile in terms of acting (she was previously in The Happening and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). However, I've heard many people think that Jim Carrey and she share little chemistry. Is this true?

><>
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know. It is defiantly abit awkward, but it's better chemistry then the chemistry in Twilight *shivers* that is just terrible.

I think the main thing that makes the chemistry not so good in Yes Man, is the age difference. She doesn't look older then 25, and Jim Carry has got to be in his 40's now. (correct me if I'm wrong)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want to go and see Yes Man. The book is just awesome and so, so damn funny.
I hear the film is totally different to the book, and that's very understandable, I'm not sure if it would have worked following Danny Wallace's story.

But yeah, definitely a film I want to go and see.
H3D1

Location: near Boston, MA Nerd Factor: Very High Annoyed: Yes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't read Yes Man, but I went and saw it anyway, and I think that made it better for me. It's Extremely funny, and Jim Carrey made it even better. I love all the things he says yes to!
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw Valkyrie last night. Really good, Awesome plot, good action, good actors, and the detail was just incredible. And it makes it all more awesome knowing it's based on true history and facts.
H3D1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! Valkyrie was amazing! Cruise was kinda stiff necked, IMHO, but the plot and the other actors were really good. I have to say, the effect where at the beginning, it starts out in German, but then it gradually starts to get translated into English was a good way to show that they're speaking German all the way through.
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
ccjwprongs wrote:
The Master wrote:

Although Bay has confirmed this, the makers of Transformers ROTF also said that they were putting out a lot of fake rumors, to confuse people. So nothing's really "confirmed" until they release the film. Wink

Also, if Megatron is returning, I am sure it will be in the trailer, and won't really count as any sort of major spoiler. It's kind of like saying "Prime's gonna be on Transformers 2" ... "aaawe dude, spoiler alert". Razz

Razz Heh, I was just saying. Anyhoo, watched Defiance yesterday (that war film with Daniel Craig)... really good watch, a promising start to 2009. 4 and a half stars from me. Also going to see Slumdog Millionaire on Tuesday. Smile
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccjwprongs wrote:
The Master wrote:

Oh come on. As if the main villain would stay dead. Rolling Eyes

Lord T wrote:
Both might wanna check your sources. There is alot of controversy surrounding this issue currently.

Is it to do with lies being spread to confuse people or fans bringing up facts about Transformers and whether they can come back or not after dying? Neutral Question
Zombie T
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK potential spoilers here folks... highlight to read.

Quote:
There has been concept art and a test shot of a new Megatron toy leaked but Michael Bay said in Empire Magazine I think that Megatron was not returning...

So yeah its up in the air. But your point about coming back from the dead is a good one too.
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Valkyrie on Friday. A great Historical Thriller/Drama. The acting was perfect on all sides (Cruise has redeemed himself, with Tropic Thunder and now this), and I didn't even recognize Eddie Izzard Shocked . The accuracy of it stunned me as well. However, I had one major complaint: I knew what was going to happen. Granted, that's going to happen with a historical movie, but when the majority of the suspense is based on a plot that you know won't work... it kinda kills the mood. Otherwise, a great piece of cinema.

I give Valkyrie 4.5 Nazi Pirates out of 5.
H3D1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11Numb wrote:
Saw Valkyrie on Friday. A great Historical Thriller/Drama. The acting was perfect on all sides (Cruise has redeemed himself, with Tropic Thunder and now this), and I didn't even recognize Eddie Izzard Shocked . The accuracy of it stunned me as well. However, I had one major complaint: I knew what was going to happen. Granted, that's going to happen with a historical movie, but when the majority of the suspense is based on a plot that you know won't work... it kinda kills the mood. Otherwise, a great piece of cinema.

I give Valkyrie 4.5 Nazi Pirates out of 5.

Yah, it was kinda predictable, but they managed to pack some suspese into it. Like I knew that Stauffenburg died, but not when, so when the major almost barges in on him when he was "changing" made me think that that was when he was going to get caught.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11Numb wrote:
blah blah blah....I didn't even recognize Eddie Izzard....dah dah dah

Wait, what the heck? Now I'm interested in seeing the film purely for that reason. Shocked
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're expecting him to be comic relief... don't. Like I said, you have to know it was him to recognize him.
ZombieFlynn
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously. That's why I want to see it.

Cause, you kow, it's kind of hard to imagine a cross-dressing comedian playing a serious role in a war movie.
Zombie_hallick
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to jump the gun, but I think Inkheart looks good. Are the books any good?
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I saw a few movies of the Holiday... here are my thoughts.

Australia - It was really good, epic sort of film, it reminded me of Flying Tigers crossed with Titanic and Pearl Harbor... But it was way too long for it's own good. There were quite a few pointless scenes that could've been cut, making it a more enjoyable movie. But overall it was worth seeing.

Valkryie - As others have said, it was a great film, however it can only be so great, since we all know the hero dies. However, I noticed a LOT of people had a problem with Tom Cruise not having any sort of anccent... well, neither did anyone else in the film (maybe Hitler, I think...) because it was done like Hunt for the Red October in that it filtered out from German to English, so instead of subtitles, we heard them in their normal anccents.
Anyway, it was a great film nonetheless.

The Day the Earth Stood Still - Well, if it wasn't a remake, it would've been great... but they just changed to many things (the basic plot, the reason for earth standing still etc.) that didn't need to be changed that the movie wasn't as good as it could've been. Then again I am a die hard fan of the original so it I may be over critical about this film.
It was a good movie, and I loved G.O.R.T, and the orbs.

Seven Pounds - I can't say too much about this film without giving the plot away... but it's one of my favorite films... man, it's just done so perfectly, and it's even more emotional the second time around, and I don't usually get emotional when it comes to films. It's like the Dark Knight of dramas.

Last edited by ZombieAndrew on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer Master_Hallick: Yes, Inkheart's pretty good. However, it SERIOUSLY loses steam in the second one, enough that I quit reading halfway through.
JackFrZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:

Valkryie - As others have said, it was a great film, however it can only be so great, since we all know the hero dies. However, I noticed a LOT of people had a problem with Tom Cruise not having any sort of ancient... well, neither did anyone else in the film (maybe Hitler, I think...) because it was done like Hunt for the Red October in that it filtered out from German to English, so instead of subtitles, we heard them in their normal ancients.
Anyway, it was a great film nonetheless.

Do you mean accents?
The Brain Eater
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
It's like the Dark Knight of dramas.

You wouldn't consider the Dark Knight a drama? Wink
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Dark Knight is a Superhero, Action, Drama, Crime, Suspense, Thriller, Adventure, Comedy, Love Story, Dark Comedy, and Mob Film.
Seven Pounds is an emotional rollercoaster, similar to the Dark Knight, where it was a Suspense/Thrill ride. Razz

And yes, I meant accents. Oddly enough, I'd never spelt the word until I used it in that post. Wink
Zombie_hallick
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11Numb wrote:
To answer Master_Hallick: Yes, Inkheart's pretty good. However, it SERIOUSLY loses steam in the second one, enough that I quit reading halfway through.

Man, thats a shame. I should still pick it up and read it I guess. My cousin is positively flipping out about this movie though. I hope its good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: