FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The general movie goodness thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen a pirated I Am Legend yet? I really want to see this movie and i want to know if its worth it.

-Emperor
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm....the movie isn't even out yet, and besides, it's illegal to pirate movies.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but thats why I am asking and not downloading.

-Emperor
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you should base whether to see a movie or not on what someone else thinks. If you want to see the movie, see it.
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and also how would there be a pirate out already? Before the movie is even out.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Zombiesoup64
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone Heard of the movie Juno? Me and my girlfriend really want to see it, but I've seen no public appearances of it yet.

[quote="Rook"]Can they hire someone who can at least build a ship with a windshield. Idiots.
[/quote]
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The girl in it is very fimilar, and cute Razz

EDIT: O, shes plays kitty in X-Men (mostly X3)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestructiveDelirium wrote:
Yeah, and also how would there be a pirate out already? Before the movie is even out.

Hey im just asking, and i had the movie 300 three weeks before it came out in the theatres, but again i got that from a friend because i am not stupid enough to do it myself.

-Emperor
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... that's still illegal dude, even if "a friend gave it to you". But we're going to end this line of thought right now though for everyone's sake. No more asking about illegal file sharing.
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 points;

1. Does anyone else feel that Indy's clothes seem far too new and clean in many of the pictures.

2. Whatever your opinion on musicals is, go and see/rent Hairspray. It's a fantastic, feel good movie, you can't help but feel like having fun afterwards. It's also funny and a great movie in general.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it has John Travolta in drag! Who couldn't love that? Razz
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, because that movie I refused to watch. For many many reasons. (Travolta in drag you would think is funny, but I found creepy more then anything)
But to put things short, it looks like its ht ekind of movie that would Grind me nervous like crazy. Because it grinded my nerves by watching commercials or even seein pictures.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Leon S Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Should I leave any news about Transformers 2 out of this thread?

Vote Leon for Mayor!
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure its fine, just clearly right "SPOILER WARNING" before your done it

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, considering how big of a movie Transformers was, why not just bring up Collin's old topic? I mean, he said it was OK for big movies.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I would say Leon, it's up to you. (though I wouldn't mind hearing it Wink )

DeviantART|Brickshelf
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else here ever see the movie D-wars (Dragon Wars) that was released earlier this year? I actually thought that it was a pretty good movie. It wasn't great or "epic," but it was definately worth a single viewing. I'm not entirely sure its the kind of movie that I would watch over and over again, but I would definately recommend renting it once.

The things I liked was how the dragons weren't the stereotypical Chinese flying dragons, but were more or less giant snakes that (I think) come from Korean (or perhaps Japanese) mythology. They reminded me of the few times I watched Dragon Ball Z (that was a phase of mine that ended in record time). I also like how the plotline was actually fairly original.

I also thought the action sequences were pretty fun, as well. I like the idea of some ancient army of mythical creatures invading LA. I also like, despite the cheesiness of it, the Godzilla-like rolling out of the army to face said creatures. The helicopter chase scenes were fun as well, although again, they kind of felt ripped of from the Godzilla movie.

The movie does have its flaws, of course. The first thing is probably the cheesiness factor. I couldn't help but smile when pedestrians threw up their arms and starting running haphazardly while screaming their heads off as the evil dragon came barreling down the street. Again, the Godzilla comparisons return like a half-brick to the scull. Now I personally love the Godzilla movies (even the newer one), so I found these parts to be quite amusing, but they aren't for everyone. I'd have to say my biggest complaint, though, was that they call the good dragon the "good imoogi" (or however you spell it, its just supposed to mean "dragon" anyways) and the evil dragon the "bad imoogi." This is where I had to draw the line in the cheesiness sand. While it did make things easier to keep track of, I can't help but feel that they could have come up with better names.

So, if you're ever in the mood for a cheesy little action flick, I'd definately recommend this movie. Just don't expect it to be the next "Lord of the Rings."

One thing I should point out, too, is that I tend to be pretty forgiving of movies. Other people like to point out plot holes, inconsistencies, etc..., but I just like to watch a movie for what it is: entertainment. I don't really mind if things don't quite add up upon close scrutiny. As long as there's a fairly decent plotline and few explosions, I'll watch it.
Leon S Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
But, considering how big of a movie Transformers was, why not just bring up Collin's old topic? I mean, he said it was OK for big movies.

I'm gonna have to dig DEEP for that one.

Vote Leon for Mayor!
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon: if you have to dig more than 2 or 3 pages, you might as well start a new thread. Just make sure to explain why you are starting a new one instead of resurrecting the outdated zombie before all the mini-mods jump all over you for it.

I see what you did there
timborino
Keeper o' the Shrub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post, on purpose. Now back to the real discussion.

I saw Hairspray on Monday for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. I didn't expect to like it very much, so it was a very pleasant surprise. You almost don't realize it's a musical while you're watching it.

Most of the movies we've been discussing are all new or new-ish movies. Are there any older (older meaning several years old to many years old) movies that are definite MUST-SEEs? Like Star Wars, Dr. Strangelove, the old Indy movies, Everything is Illuminated, etc.

It seems like every time I want to rent a movie I can never find anything that's really worth my time, unless I accidentally remember a film's title. Does anyone else want to help compile a list of movies that you must see before you die? Maybe it could go in Andrew's original post and we could sticky this thread.

I see what you did there
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timborino wrote:
Leon: if you have to dig more than 2 or 3 pages, you might as well start a new thread. Just make sure to explain why you are starting a new one instead of resurrecting the outdated zombie before all the mini-mods jump all over you for it.

NO!

If you have something to add to an old topic, feel free to bring it up. We have that lovely search box that finds things. You even know who the author is, so that improves things a lot.

Please note, that means things to add. News about Transformers 2 would be something to add. Saying "I love this movie," not so much.

And if people feel the need to minimod, don't. That saves me the effort of yelling at you.

That being said, on to Dragon Wars... no. I refused to watch it just because it had the dumbest trailer intro ever. "Every 500 years, they make Earth their battleground..." Yeah, we have records, and you'd think that someone would notice that.
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper,

Yeah, I remember that trailer, it was pretty lame. But as seems to be the case these days, it didn't really represent the movie very well. As I said, through, the movie is fairly cheesy, so if that's not your thing, you probably wouldn't like it.
Baraca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turkguy19 wrote:
I, Robot wasn't really based of the book I, Robot. I, Robot (the book) was just a collection of short stories spanning several different time eras. Also, most of that movie was based off of several different 1930's era sci-fi. So, though the movie has the same name as Asimov's book, and Eando Binder short story, it really had nothing to do with them, so you really can't say it was a "dumbed down" version, because, it really wasn't suppose to be it in the first place.

Oh, my bad. I haven't read I, Robot so I wasn't aware of this. I did love the movie though...

I'm still looking forward to I am Legend quite a bit though, and I am scanning for early reviews (although I have yet to find any). Hopefully this movie doesn't dissapoint! Smile

A drop of >:3 in an ocean of lunatics... Pfft! Yeah right ;~P
Klinka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm. Does anyone have news about JP4? I think i saw a trailer, but i dunno...
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything about JP4 in over 2 or 3 years now. I kinda just forgot about it.
Though I don't think it will be very good, just by judging from the last one which was alright, but not great. I really don't think they need sequels.

But then again Hollywood thinks that every movie that makes money NEEDS a sequel. Even if all the characters die, they will make sequels someone.

Like for example these three movies were all great movies, but NEVER needed sequels at all:
-The Matrix
-Shrek
-Pirates of the Caribbean

Most of them had a fairly clear ending, (matrix didnt, but it left it to the obvious conclusion that Neo would end the war and save them all, The End)

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome oldies;

The Lady Killers
Where Eagles Dare
A Bridge Too Far
The Great Escape
The Pink Panther
The early James Bond films

And depending on the generation, others include

Star Wars
Indiana Jones
The Terminator
Blade Runner
E.T

Odd list, but all generally old, especially for me seeing as I was born 1990.

Pulp Fiction is also amazing.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry Jude, I went into D-wars expecting something at least mildly entertaining... not some "made for the Sci-Fi channel" reject that somehow made it to the big screen. It sucked out loud.
theZombieAbides
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grinch wrote:
I'm sorry Jude, I went into D-wars expecting something at least mildly entertaining... not some "made for the Sci-Fi channel" reject that somehow made it to the big screen. It sucked out loud.

It would be nice if you could elaborate a little about what you thought was bad about it. Maybe is was just really bored at the time, but I really didn't think it was that bad. Was it great? No.

And speaking "made for the Sci-Fi channel", I don't see how you can say this is worse than the one with the ants, or the one with the giant alligator, or the sequel to the one with the giant alligator or the one with the giant snake... Those were just terrible. I mean, come on, a grown man attempting to shoot ants with a handgun? Giant [insert ferocious animal] movies Rolling Eyes That's tough to beat in terms of suck. And its not like the special effects, acting, or anything else is worth watching.

I don't know, we're probably not going to see eye to eye on this.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll elaborate on the things I thought were bad:
-The acting
-The dialog
-The plot
-The graphics
-The sound quality
-The costumes
-The fight scenes
-everything else...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional "bad sci fi movie" - but this was just so underdeveloped it was sad. But to each their own... it did great in Korea.
TheBohrok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timborino wrote:
Most of the movies we've been discussing are all new or new-ish movies. Are there any older (older meaning several years old to many years old) movies that are definite MUST-SEEs? Like Star Wars, Dr. Strangelove, the old Indy movies, Everything is Illuminated, etc.

Alfred Hitchcock's North By Northwest was a really great movie that I would recommend to everyone. It has an engrossing plot, great directing, and Cary Grant! It had me on the edge of my seat, something most movies can't do today.
I'll see if I can think of any other must-see movies for this thread.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 2 of 34
Jump to: