FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Help Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the shipper
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...with a bomb
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sellers are nice enough for combining the shipping and give you some of the double/triple paid shipping costs back. Others not. I once paid 9 Euro for shipping for three books of the same seller.
Pity actually, that amazon has no routine for combining the shipping costs when purchasing from same seller.

FlickrBrickshelf
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm trying to find out how to set a Dynamic DNS on my Buffalo WHR-G54s Wireless-G router. This is a little experiment I'm trying to do with my iPod Touch, basically I'm trying to control my laptop from it from anywhere. I found a tutorial on how to set this up on my home network and got that to work successfully. Now I'm reading one on how to connect to my laptop from anywhere I have a WiFi connection on my iPod. My problem is, the tutorial mentions something about Dynamic DNS settings on my router, I've gone through the settings and I can't find anything like that, I'm pretty sure my router supports Dynamic DNS but I could be mistaken, here's the quote from that tutorial:

Quote:
Step 1b. Set up your computer to update DynDNS.
Now that your computer is registered with DynDNS, each time your computer's IP address changes, it has to let DynDNS know. This can be done either with free updater client software or through your router.

If your computer is connected directly to the Internet, download the DynDNS updater client for Mac or Windows here. Install and enter your DynDNS information so that your computer can update DynDNS's database regularly.

If you are behind a router, you're in luck. Most modern routers support dynamic DNS services. Here's a screenshot from my router's interface (yours will look different) for with DynDNS settings:

I already set up the server at DynDNS and have that ready to go, I just need to find out this DNS setting thing, any help is appreciated Smile
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gents, I need a little help. It's not so much a problem as a not-knowing.

I've got my xbox 360 and PC connected to the same monitor and I can switch them because of the 2 types of input in the monitor. This is fine. However, I have to settle with sound from either the PC or Xbox 360 to the speakers.

Is there some way I can have a standard 3.5mm jack for my speakers connect to a switch between my Xbox 360's 3.5mm jack and connect to that 3.5mm port in my PC? The idea being that with the press of a button I can switch between Xbox and PC outputs in my speakers.

If you can make sense of that, any hints? Smile
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord T, I can't find anything like what you want with the 3.5mm headphone-style connectors. They exist for RCA-style connectors, though (the red/white kind that plug into the back of a TV, etc.), and you can get RCA-to-3.5mm adapters for pretty cheap. So you could use that to Frankenstein together a switch with three RCA adapters that would then accept your speakers for output and your Xbox and PC as inputs.

It might be worth looking at a KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch, too. (Many of them switch audio and mic too, which is what I think you want.) Essentially it's a hub that'd allow you to switch from using your keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, and microphone on your PC to using them all on your Xbox with the press of a single button -- and you won't have to settle for one of your inputs being lower-quality analog on what I'm going to assume is a snazzy flat-panel LCD. That might still be a bit excessive for an Xbox where all you want to switch over is the video/audio, but if you ever find yourself with two computers or some such it'd be very handy. Smile

KVM's seem to get a bit pricey though, particularly if you want them to handle DVI signals. So I'd say wander down to whatever passes for a Radio Shack in your weirdo foreign land of choice and see what you can find. Razz
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice. Smile I will continue to investigate and follow up your leads.
thrasher zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the resent chat room here, I have discovered Mibbit. So I decided to make a chat room for my forum, but I need some help and thought you guys could help me out.

1) I have made the room and stuff. But I don't know how to autoset who is an OP (because it just appoints whoever was first to log into the room the OP, which isn't good XD)

2) What is the ChanServer. Do I have to register my room to that server for it to be official?

Thanks and can you guys please help before this chat turns into a mess XD
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a major problem with my flickr account. All of a sudden, all of my photos from last year and earlier (my MOC photos which are the most precious) have disappeared from my photostream. I dug up a link to one of those old things and the picture is still on Flickr, still labelled as mind, but not in my photostream. What do I do?

><>
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many pictures total do you have? You're allowed only 200 on a the non pro accounts, but they keep the pictures hosted - just hidden - when you go over your limit.
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. Yes, I have way over 200. Is there any way to access the hidden photos? In the meantime I'll try deleting some unneccesary ones. Thanks for the tip Don.

><>
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like the fastest way would be to pony up the whopping, what, $15, that a pro account costs.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's $25 a year. Or do as others do and create a second account...
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, $25? Well in that case, I can see why people are reluctant to make such a huge investment. Rolling Eyes
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it's ridiculous to pay 7 cents a day for unlimited photo storage online!
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my principle is just to spend as little as possible, and not pay for anything from the internet. I think one day I'll start a new Brickshelf account, it's less picky than Flickr. I turned to Flickr during the big incident last year where it almost closed down, and neglected my Brickshelf account since then.

><>
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, computer problems again. My hard drive for my Macbook got damaged and I had to get it replaced. Problem- the new hard drive did not come with iLife, which came already on my computer when I first bought it. I can't get any of the programs without buying iLife again, which would be $80, only because I never had a physical install disk for it. Any way I can get the programs back without having to re-buy it? Do you think if I went back to the Apple store where it got repaired that they would replace the lost software?
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy your laptop new from Apple? If so, you can probably get in touch with them and they could help you out. If you bought the laptop from a friend, or through a retail store (Best Buy, etc.) you'd need to contact whoever sold you the laptop. Worst-case scenario is you're out $80 -- which is chump change when you look at the ridiculous prices for Microsoft Office products. Razz
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the computer new from Apple. I took it in to get repaired and they replaced the hard drive. I saved most of my files but iLife wasn't replaced.
Commando_Scorch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently my hard drive was wiped due to problems and now Windows has been re-installed. The only problem is that the computer will not recognize audio devices such as speakers. I think the problem is with the audio driver but I don't know. Any help is appreciated.

><>
Zombie Fett
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scorch, your port for the speakers may be damaged. And make sure your sound card has the latest drivers.
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might just be because my laptop isn't classified as a gaming one but, I bought Halo 2 recently along with my new laptop (Sony VAIO FZ38M) and after a highly annoying install, I eventually got it working, but the graphics (or polygons) seem to flash for some reason, so Master Cheif is green with flashes of white. I don't think its drivers since I only got this computer within the last 30 days, but my Graphics Card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Solo wrote:
Might just be because my laptop isn't classified as a gaming one but, I bought Halo 2 recently along with my new laptop (Sony VAIO FZ38M) and after a highly annoying install, I eventually got it working, but the graphics (or polygons) seem to flash for some reason, so Master Cheif is green with flashes of white. I don't think its drivers since I only got this computer within the last 30 days, but my Graphics Card is NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT.

I'd try downloading new drivers just in case, you are running Vista right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karil wrote:
Scorch, your port for the speakers may be damaged. And make sure your sound card has the latest drivers.

It's not the port. The sound worked fine before my hard drive was cleared. I also (according to my dad) never had a sound card in my computer. Apparently my graphics card takes care of it too...possibly? I might just go out and buy a sound card for it though because intense fight scenes in KotOR II led to messed up music. (Maybe due to the dual function of the graphics card.)

><>
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You either have an integrated sound card (ie, it's handled by the southbridge chip on your motherboard) or a discrete sound card (a physical card in one of the slots on your motherboard). Graphics cards never handle sound. If sound's not working, you probably haven't installed the driver for whichever you have. You should be able to find the driver you need through the website of whoever manufactured your computer, or maybe on a CD that came with the computer.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open up your comp and look inside. Be very careful though. the sound card is usually perpendicular to the mother board along with the graphics card. Shouldn't be to hard to find. That is if you have one. If there isn't one you definitely need to go buy one. Or to check with out even opening the comp up is to click Start then click Run and type in DXDIAG. It will give you all basic information on what hardware your comp has.
Commando_Scorch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran DXDIAG and it said I had no sound card. Looks like I'll be getting one. It's weird though because I had sound before without it.

><>
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore Karil, you absolutely do not need a sound card to have sound, especially if you had sound before with the same hardware.

Find your sound drivers and install them, and you'll be good to go.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have something dedicated to sound, your gonna have real crappy sound. Razz
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're completely wrong about that, Karil. Seriously kiddo, go do some research before you start spouting off advice that's gonna waste folks' money.

Most of the newer onboard chipsets produce sound that's good enough that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between onboard sound and a discrete card unless you had a very high-end sound system.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10
Jump to: