FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Help Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Sissy CSI

Location: In the days before custom avatars... Real name: The Sissy Jedi...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of a clip mashup.
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of movie file is it listed as? .MOV, .MPEG, .WMV, .AVI, you should be able to find it if you go.
I-movie,
open existing project,
i-tunes,
(select movie)

If that doesnt work, try putting a copy of the movie on your desktop, then drag and drop into your clips on a new Imovie project.

-Emperor
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe movies/video downloaded off of iTunes is in MPEG-4 format.

Location: In the days before custom avatars... Real name: The Sissy Jedi...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor wrote:
What kind of movie file is it listed as? .MOV, .MPEG, .WMV, .AVI, you should be able to find it if you go.
I-movie,
open existing project,
i-tunes,
(select movie)

If that doesnt work, try putting a copy of the movie on your desktop, then drag and drop into your clips on a new Imovie project.

-Emperor

Tried both didn't work. Sad
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about burning them to a cd and then try dragging them from the disc directly to iMovie?

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
AJOConnor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a new Dell xps m1530 and I have a wireless N network router at home and I got a wireless g card for the computer and im just curious about how much better it may be if I got a wireless N card for the computer.
Angry_Jawa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a question concerning The Orange Box. When I first installed it, it told me I had to update my video card drivers. No problem, right? I can play Portal and Team Fortress 2 just fine, but randomly when I try to play Half Life 2 I'll play for about...a minute or so, and then the screen will go black, sound will skip, and I'll have to restart my computer. One time this happened, I briefly got a glimpse of the desktop and an error had appeared saying something about my video card drivers encountering an error. No specifics although, like I said, it was just a quick glimpse and I don't remember if there could have been anything more than that.

Anybody have any ideas? I've been tearing my hair out over it for the last two days.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you update your video card drivers when it told you to?

What model video card do you have?

And AJ, you'd be able to transfer files more rapidly between your computer and other computers on the network; however, your wireless router already transmits data much faster than your internet connection does (assuming you're not on dialup), even with an 802.11b card, so you wouldn't see much performance increase for anything using the interne by buying a new card.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello good people!
Our family computer has recently been stricken with a bout of viruses. Every 5 minutes or so we get large full page popups, and little balloons on the windows bar telling us our computer is infected with spyware. I've run a ton of McAfee scans and anitivirus scans and tried to delete any suspicious programs, but the problems still persist. Any ideas/programs I could use to clean out our computer for good?

Thanks!
John
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, you could back up the computer to the day before you got the virus, then again what do I know.
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespray wrote:
Try using one of these programs:

Ad-Aware
Spybot: Search and Destroy
Advanced WindowsCare
AVG

They're all free, I have them installed on my computer and use them as my main protection. They've been working pretty good for a while now, especially AVG since it updates just about every other day.

I'd suggest pretty much what firespray said. It sounds more like you've got malware/spyware versus a virus.
My parents had a similar incident, but Spybot took care of it. So I highly recommend you download that. Haven't used any of the others other than Ad-Aware, but I'd definitely suggest dling more then one.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Lego Apple

Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Spybot: Search and Destroy is some good stuff, I'll give them that.
Iare Zombite
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceman wrote:
Hello good people!
Our family computer has recently been stricken with a bout of viruses. Every 5 minutes or so we get large full page popups, and little balloons on the windows bar telling us our computer is infected with spyware. I've run a ton of McAfee scans and anitivirus scans and tried to delete any suspicious programs, but the problems still persist. Any ideas/programs I could use to clean out our computer for good?

Thanks!
John

Yeah that's that annoying spyware. Saw on other people computers and fixed them. It's a hard one to remove. Like others said, search and destroy will help, but also add ad aware as well as hijack this.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php one of hijack this download places. Note that there is spyware called Hijack this, but that versions needs to be installed. Normal hijack this doesn't need to be installed. Read how hijack this works before doing anything because it is an advanced tool.

*edit* New offical home of HijackThis http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/tools/security_tools/hijackthis

Cake is NOT A LIE!!!
(Yes, the virus worked on me somehow... Razz )
AJOConnor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a new Dell xps m1530 and I have a wireless N network router at home and I got a wireless g card for the computer and im just curious about how much better it may be if I got a wireless N card for the computer.[/quote]

Still waiting for a reply... Confused
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
Did you update your video card drivers when it told you to?

What model video card do you have?

And AJ, you'd be able to transfer files more rapidly between your computer and other computers on the network; however, your wireless connection already transmits data much faster than your internet connection does , even with an 802.11b card (which is about a quarter of the speed of your g card), so you wouldn't see much performance increase for anything using the interne by buying a new card.

You seriously suck at reading, AJ.
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Bit Torrent thread was locked, I've wandered here to ask for help. This is just a basic question and has nothing to do with illegal material. During a transfer, does your computer have to be turned on, or is the data still flowing through your modem when the computer itself is off?

><>
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With your computer off the data has no where to go... so unless Bit Torrent has magic code, then you probably have to keep it on to finish the transfer.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your computer needs to stay on for the download to finish. Usually if I'm downloading something off of there, I just leave my computer on overnight and hopefully it's finished when I wake up.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, your computer has to be on to receive or send data. Your monitor, however, does not. So you can turn the screen off if you're downloading overnight and want to be able to sleep, as long as the computer itself stays on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to remove the lyrics from an mp3? Re Your Brains to more spefic.
http://www.myspace.com/masterqme
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Macbook power cable is just about worn out, It works on and off, and appears to be melting at the magnetic connector. Anybody know how to replace that piece (which disconnects from the power box and the wall-attachment part of the cable) without buying a whole new one for $80?
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIR3691 wrote:
My Macbook power cable is just about worn out, It works on and off, and appears to be melting at the magnetic connector. Anybody know how to replace that piece (which disconnects from the power box and the wall-attachment part of the cable) without buying a whole new one for $80?

I don't have a Macbook, so I don't know for sure which elements of the cable you're describing. If you could provide labeled photos, that'd be a lot more helpful.

I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet, however, as so much Apple product is proprietary design. But it's worth a shot.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need some help. I got Xbox LIve yesterday, and it was seeming to work fine. I was having a team battle with a freind , we will call him Austin, and it worked fine. So today I tryed to have another with a different friend ,we will call him Bob. But I couldn't play with Bob, but I could with anyone else. Bob could also play with other people, except me. So only me and him can not play a game with each other. When I sent an invite, it says that the NAT settings are not compattible. Someone please help me. Thanks.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thrasher wrote:
I really need some help. I got Xbox LIve yesterday, and it was seeming to work fine. I was having a team battle with a freind , we will call him Austin, and it worked fine. So today I tryed to have another with a different friend ,we will call him Bob. But I couldn't play with Bob, but I could with anyone else. Bob could also play with other people, except me. So only me and him can not play a game with each other. When I sent an invite, it says that the NAT settings are not compattible. Someone please help me. Thanks.

You need to set your NAT to open, to do this you need to edit your router settings. As for that step, I'm not too sure on as it's probably different than mine. If you manage to get that fixed and it still doesn't work, it might be that your router or your friend's router just aren't compatible with each other, I have that problem myself with some players, it won't let me join rooms they're in or sometimes not even hear them talk.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I got it fixed, but if it doesn't work, it is only 1 or 2 players I can't connect to so it is no big deal. Thanks Firespray. I have one more question though, when I try to take screenshots in the theater and I try to connect to some of my friends custom games, it says that a person is not alowed to view custom things. So, do I have to change a setting in the family settings or is it someting else. Basically, I can not view custom things. Help is appreciated. Sorry for all the questions, but I just got it and am not the best tech person.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the problem. From what I can tell, it's not uncommon for the cable to fray and melt.

More pics:
http://www.cnet.com.au/i/r/2006/mobilecomp/notebooks/22054640/macbook_pro_australia_16.jpg
http://strikingshots.com/blog/pictures/powercord.jpg

I've had my laptop since October 2006. The cable separates into two pieces; the AC plug part can be separated at the power box on the cable, which is attached to the magnetic attachment part.
Like this.

They charge $80 for a replacement cable. I guess I'll have to go to the apple store tomorrow and see what they can do.
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the thrasher wrote:
I think I got it fixed, but if it doesn't work, it is only 1 or 2 players I can't connect to so it is no big deal. Thanks Firespray. I have one more question though, when I try to take screenshots in the theater and I try to connect to some of my friends custom games, it says that a person is not alowed to view custom things. So, do I have to change a setting in the family settings or is it someting else. Basically, I can not view custom things. Help is appreciated. Sorry for all the questions, but I just got it and am not the best tech person.

Hmm I've never heard of that problem but I would figure it probably has to do with content restriction settings in your Dashboard, play around with them and see if it works.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Firespray, you have been a great help. Smile
Firespray
Hyperactive

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this qualifies as tech, since it's the internet (and didn't want to get my head bitten off over a new thread):

I'm on amazon, trying to spend some cash from an X-Mas return. To maximize my purchasing power (and because I'm cheap), I ordered from a re-seller shop, but for some reason, it wants to ship all the items, from just one seller, separately, making the shipping more than the items themselves.

So, how can I merge the shipping on these rather than get six packages from the same guy?

Last.FM
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10
Jump to: