FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo! Can't wait! Razz
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS!
David Tennant is Leaving Doctor Who!

David Tennant has just announced that he is leaving Doctor Who at the end of the 2009 Specials next year! On live television, he told an entire audience and home viewers moments after winning an award at the National Television Awards!

Unbelievably -> MediaGuardian (the media portion of the Guardian newspaper in the UK) announced the news a few hours before Tennant in a report on the internet which was well hidden from the mainstream media!

The site's news report announced that Tennant is "vacating the TARDIS and leaving the BBC's Doctor Who series at the end of next year. Tennant's decision brings to an end his popular four-year tenure as the time lord." The article went on to say that the BBC had confirmed that the actor "would complete the filming of four special episodes to be screened this year and in early 2010, as well as 2009's Christmas special." It further promises more details "soon".

However.....

The Guardian has yanked the story off of its website, perhaps due to breaking a story that was originally intended to be seen after a press embargo time later tonight. The accidental posting (if that is indeed what it was) was nevertheless spotted by countless Doctor Who fans, and it is currently a hot topic all over Doctor Who forums and journals on the Internet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Master's reaction -> Oh my God! This can't be happening! I've wondered for ages what this day would feel like! The day I discovered how long I had left with the Tenth Doctor! Shocked Right now, I'm in shock. Pure shock. I'm lost for words. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
Starsmore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://io9.com/5070684/david-tennant-explains-why-hes-crushing-your-doctor-who-dreams

Self explanatory.
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no, who will I plot against now?

Looks evily towards The Master....
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've got enough enemies on here already without you joining their pack. Rolling Eyes Laughing
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now with it being Halloween an' all, I'm sure all the Doctor Who fans here are looking for a scare! Wink Well, have a look at my list of recommended episodes that I think will send a chill down down your spine!! Twisted Evil

1. Blink (2007). This has been officially voted as the scariest New Series episode ever! Whatever you do, don't blink! Otherwise the Weeping Angels will get you! Blink and you're dead! Shocked

2. The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit (2006). This is one story told through two episodes. The Ood are taken control of by the devil himself - The Beast! Nearly as scarey as Blink, this one will have you ducking behind the sofa!! Wink

3. Midnight (2008). This episode was said (by Russell T Davies) to be scarier than 2007's Blink. Sadly, it wasn't. Sad The threat was psychological, not physical like the Weeping Angels. Still, young fans will be scared of the unseen enemy that bangs on all sides of the shuttle bus.

4. The Unquiet Dead (2005). Zombies! This fits in well with Halloween. The dead come back to life and the Ninth Doctor and Rose come close to being eaten alive! Helping them solve the mystery is Charles Dickens. The episode is abit scarey and young fans may be afraid of the zombies towards the end when they attempt to kill the Doctor and Rose. Shocked

5. The Girl in the Fireplace (2006). Okay, it's not scarey scarey but the Clockwork Man hiding under the bed at the beginning is creepy. Have you looked under your bed recently to check for monsters? Shocked Don't forget that this story includes a spaceship that operates via the use of human bodyparts. A heart, an eye, a brain, you name it - it's there! Laughing
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot episodes 9 and 10 (2005)- The Empty Child & The Doctor Dances.

Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?Are you my mummy?
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: The Next Doctor Reply with quote

Brits will know this already, but BBC aired the first 2 minutes of the Christmas Special, officially titled "The Next Doctor", on their 'Children in Need' special. Looks to be an interesting special, and I wish it was Christmas already!

Links can be found at www.geekerblog.com
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I didn't bother posting details as I knew you'd all be watching BBC1 anyway! Razz There was alot of good stuff shown on Friday night on Children In Need (in general). Smile I'll post some stuff about The Next Doctor later in the month (seeing as this thread has been bumped after two weeks of it being quiet).

Anyway, while I'm here I'll take this opportunity to tell you all that the Series 4 Soundtrack is out now! It came out today! Oh and yes, I certainly do have my copy. Wink I've listened to it all twice now and can say that it's a brilliant buy. Cool

Tracks & Running Times:
1. Doctor Who Opening Credits 0:46
2. A Noble Girl About Town 2:14
3. Life Among The Distant Stars 2:30
4. Corridors And Fire Escapes 1:12
5. The Sybilline Sisterhood 1:53
6. Songs Of Captivity And Freedom 4:03
7. UNIT Rocks 1:11
8. The Doctor's Daughter 1:38
9. The Source 3:21
10. The Unicorn And The Wasp 3:11
11. The Doctor's Theme 2:47
12. Voyage Of The Damned Suite 10:21
13. The Girl With No Name 2:45
14. The Song Of Song 2:14
15. All In The Mind 1:18
16. Silence In The Library 2:57
17. The Greatest Story Never Told 6:17
18. Midnight 3:07
19. Turn Left 2:20
20. A Dazzling End 2:22
21. The Rueful Fate Of Donna Noble 2:44
22. Davros 2:07
23. The Dark And Endless Dalek Night 3:44
24. A Pressing Need To Save The World 4:55
25. Hanging On The Tablaphone 1:07
26. Song Of Freedom 2:51
27. Doctor Who Closing Credits 1:07

The Series 4 boxset also came out today so it's been a big day for Doctor Who in general. That's pretty much it for the Fourth Series. All the individual DVDs, the boxset and the Soundtrack have now been released. The only thing left that's still going is the range of Series 4 action figures. Wave 2 was released last week.

Onwards then to Christmas and The Next Doctor! Mr. Green

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Starsmore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell, I wish. US here, best I get is BBC:America, and YouTube in December. Sci Fi won't show The Next Doctor till like next year
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncertain Future for 2entertain!
Talks are under way to try to prevent 2entertain, the company responsible for issuing DVDs of Classic Doctor Who stories, from going into administration.

The retail part of Woolworths, which owns 40% of 2entertain, has been put into administration this evening. BBC Worldwide, which owns 60% of 2entertain is believed to be trying to purchase the Woolworths shares for 100 million to prevent the firm closing. BBC Worldwide is seeking fast-track approval from the BBC Trust to buy the business.

Another Woolworths subsidiary, Entertainment UK, which supplies books and DVDs to supermarket groups, is being put into administration. It is unsure how this will affect 2entertain as the company distributes about 35% of its DVDs and CDs to outlets such as Zavvi, Sainsbury's and Asda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For now, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure it won't be the end of Classic Who DVD releases. The BBC knows that they've got something good going with the Classic DVDs because so many people buy them! As far as I know, Battlefield (a Seventh Doctor story that was originally broadcast in 1989) is still set to be released on December 29th 2008. Smile
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Anyway, while I'm here I'll take this opportunity to tell you all that the Series 4 Soundtrack is out now! It came out today! Oh and yes, I certainly do have my copy. Wink I've listened to it all twice now and can say that it's a brilliant buy. Cool

Any favourites, perchance? I gotta say Track 20 and Track 24 are mine, but I love all of them (of course, I've only listened on YouTube. Might get it on CD at the weekend).

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like anything with my name on it! Razz
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm listening to the Master's theme - chilling and freaky as always.

Last edited by Dalek Zombie on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Any favourites, perchance? I gotta say I've only listened on YouTube. Might get it on CD at the weekend.

Favourites? Umm, not really. I love each track for what it is. Each one is unique and has a different thing to describe through music. Adventure, joy, sadness, the hero (e.g. The Doctor or Donna), the enemy (Davros/the Daleks), etc. They are all very good tracks (with exception of the odd one or two). At the moment, I still think the Series 3 CD is the best (in terms of how much "exciting" music you get). Series 4 is an emotional CD, while Series 3 is all about adventure. Smile

I'd definately recommend that you buy the CD (for the sake of having a physical copy that you can have access to any time you want). On the back of the CD case, track 26 has a printing error. Instead of being listed as "26. Song of Freedom" (using a full stop like every other listing), it's been put as "26) Song of Freedom" (using a bracket). I wonder if anyone lost their job for that? Either that or a hard telling off followed by a pay-cut. Razz

Dalek Cann wrote:
I like anything with my name on it! Razz

That'll be nothing then. Laughing

Dalek Cann wrote:
Right now I'm listening to the Master's theme - chilling and freaky as always. Heh, Mr Master, it was nice of Murray Gold to write us both songs, wasn't it? Wink

You mean "The Master Vainglorious". Cann, Murray Gold didn't "write us both songs". He did it for the series - not us. Rolling Eyes Laughing We are not characters from television, who exist in the real world. I'll let you off the hook though. Wink We all do it when we're young. It's no different to kids who think they're real-life "Jedi". Just promise to grow out of it by the time you start driving. Laughing

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Cann, Murray Gold didn't "write us both songs". He did it for the series - not us. Rolling Eyes We are not characters from television, who exist in the real world. I'll let you off the hook though. Wink We all do it when we're young. It's no different to kids who think they're real-life "Jedi". Just promise to grow out of it by the time you start driving. Laughing

Oh man, thanks for finally clearing that up. I've always wondered whether you and Cann were actually from the Dr. Who universe, magically transported to ours to post on the internet. But now I know!

You think that applies to all of the Commanders and Darths too?

Wait... does this mean that Don isn't Han's long-lost brother after all? WHAT ELSE DON'T I KNOW?! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
You think that applies to all of the Commanders and Darths too?

You mean it doesn't??!?! Shocked
Zombie Austin
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KungFused wrote:
Wait... does this mean that Don isn't Han's long-lost brother after all? WHAT ELSE DON'T I KNOW?! Crying or Very sad

Rest assured knowing that I am actually the entire population of Austin, TX posting under one account.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waaaiiit, isn't account sharing against the CoC? Surprised

BAN HIM
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not sharing. I'm charging rent. It's more of a landlord-leasee sort of thing.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you guys. Laughing

Platonically.

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. Right.

How much to get to wear the Austin suit for a month? Very Happy
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's $60 for the first month and set-up fees, and then $25 each subsequent month. It gets you one hour per day under the 'Austin' account (with moderator powers) in which you're allowed to do pretty much anything within the contract you'll have to sign.

If you're interested, contact me at my primary username.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, that's a little out of my price range at the mo'. What can I get for $2.37 in change, half a pack of gum, and some pocket lint?
OSHI-! [zMOD]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can sign in, and then immediately out, as Collin.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collin, Texas? Very Happy
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there like a knock-off show called Dr. What? Maybe a whole cycle through the 5Ws and an H?
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the more I look at that Google Maps link, the more I think it's not a city so much as just some random dude tagging his friend who happens to live in Texas.
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
So is there like a knock-off show called Dr. What? Maybe a whole cycle through the 5Ws and an H?
Drs. Why Bother, When Can We Leave, Where's My Life, and How Did it Come to This?, right?

(All from the Nerds Anonymous curriculum)
Dalek Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Dalek Cann wrote:
Right now I'm listening to the Master's theme - chilling and freaky as always. Heh, Mr Master, it was nice of Murray Gold to write us both songs, wasn't it? Wink

You mean "The Master Vainglorious". Cann, Murray Gold didn't "write us both songs". He did it for the series - not us. Rolling Eyes We are not characters from television, who exist in the real world. I'll let you off the hook though. Wink We all do it when we're young. It's no different to kids who think they're real-life "Jedi". Just promise to grow out of it by the time you start driving. Laughing

Hm, t'was but a joke. Confused

Last edited by Dalek Zombie on Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13
Jump to: