FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who Reply with quote

So here we are! The Official Doctor Who thread. This is the place to talk about anything and everything Doctor Who. Whatever it is-> whether it be the classic series or the new series. The movies, the toys or the music soundtracks-> It goes right here! One last thing to do then..............

I, The Master....declare this thread...OPEN!

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay! Who is Doctor Who?

Let's Go Ducks!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little background information to get you started. Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! Sounds kind of weird, though.

Let's Go Ducks!
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cool show. But we get here in America about six months after it comes out in Britain.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few American fans around. Obviously, you need to look for them but they do exist. Doctor Who fans are sometimes referred to as Whovians, most often by the press; the term is not commonly used by fans themselves. The usage was more common among fans in the United States during the 1980s, when the Doctor Who Fan Club of America (now defunct) published the Whovian Times as its newsletter.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yank': That coming from the guy with a Saesee Tiin avatar. Wink

In England, it is of course a law to like Doctor Who, and those who admit to not being fans are tied to lamp posts and eaten by a Skarasen. As such, I have now bought all three of the 'modern' series on DVD (however, I am saving the third for Christmas) and own all 18 novels. I used to browse Outpost Gallifrey for reviews of each episode as each one aired (before it shut down about a month ago) and was hyperactive for a month or two after Captain Jack and The Master returned in the same episode.

Not that I like it or anything...

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am British but we currently live in America. Everyone in my house watches Doctor Who. But we won't be able to see why he crashed into the Titanic until July. Sad
Zomkeeken
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Yank': That coming from the guy with a Saesee Tiin avatar. Wink

Whats so weird about a Saesee Tiin avatar?

And all I said was that it seems a little weird. Of course it probably seems weird to me, because it confuses me and I don't like things that confuse me.

Let's Go Ducks!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
As such, I have now bought all three of the 'modern' series on DVD (however, I am saving the third for Christmas) and own all 18 novels. I used to browse Outpost Gallifrey for reviews of each episode as each one aired (before it shut down about a month ago) and was hyperactive for a month or two after Captain Jack and The Master returned in the same episode.

Not that I like it or anything...

I bought the Series 3 boxset on Thursday. Haven't opened it yet, but it'll eventually go and sit with my other boxsets (Series 1, Series 2) upstairs. Ninja-> Outpost Gallifrey is still working and you can still visit the forums. I thought I should tell you, just in case you didn't know. Smile
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Mr. Davison meets Mr. Tennant on Friday Reply with quote

Blimey, guv'nor!

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my last post, but look out for the Fifth Doctor (Peter Davison) in the Children in Need special on Friday. (Although, it really should be the Ninth Doctor, parce que his line about 'hanging onto an iceberg' in Rose.)

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know! Friday night-> I can't wait!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Edit: Friday's episode will not be about the Titanic. That's being saved for Christmas. Wink
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Doctor Who.

And I don't know which part of the country you live in Jinja, but where I live Doctor Who fans are in a minority.

Anyway, will this be a spoiler thread for Season 4? I've got several things I'd like to post (including Ood, a Doctor meet-up and a certain Dalek master).

Anyway, I'd just like to get your guys thoughts on two things:
1. Jack = Face of Boe. Shocked When I first saw that, I was absolutely amazed and it still is sooooo cool.

2. Could The Master return? At the end of 'Last of the Time Lords', we see his ring land and see a hand (most likely that of Lucy Saxon) pick it up and hear John Simm's laugh. Personally, I'd bank on it. Smile

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty wrote:
Section 1
Anyway, will this be a spoiler thread for Season 4? I've got several things I'd like to post (including Ood, a Doctor meet-up and a certain Dalek master).

Section 2
Anyway, I'd just like to get your guys thoughts on two things:
1. Jack = Face of Boe. Shocked When I first saw that, I was absolutely amazed and it still is sooooo cool.

2. Could The Master return? At the end of 'Last of the Time Lords', we see his ring land and see a hand (most likely that of Lucy Saxon) pick it up and hear John Simm's laugh. Personally, I'd bank on it. Smile

Section 1
Yeah, talk about Season 4. There's just no fun if you can't get excited over the next series due next year. Wink

Section 2
1. Yeah, it was amazing but totally shocking! To know that it was him! Shocked
2. To get rid of John Simm would be a total waste. He's a brilliant actor to portray The Master-> So lively, so sinister and as for his lines.......pure genius. Very Happy

After killing Jack with his Laser Screwdriver-> "Laser Screwdriver. Whod have Sonic? And the good thing is, hes not dead for long. I get to kill him again!"

Forum Notice- I don't know if Series 3 has come to an end in the US, but if it hasn't then could everybody here be careful so as to not spoil the ending? I mean, it would be like knowing what you're gonna get for Christmas. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Thanks! Smile
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on, so we can spoil series 4 as much as we like (Donna's the new companion, they go to the Ood's home planet, there's an Agatha Christie episode, and a certain Dalek master puts in an appearance), but we're not allowed to talk about the end of series three, even though we've already revealed that the Master returns, Jack can't die, Jack is the Face of Boe, the Master goes somewhere from which you wouldn't expect a non-recurring character to return, and the Doctor crashes into the Titanic?

Gee, logic's really taking a beating today. Wink

Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 4:
Ood episode.
DAVROS is back with Caan.
The Doctor meets a previous version of himself (which looks like what will happen on Friday.

Torchwood:
Gwen gets pregnant with an alien baby.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jinja Ninja wrote:
Hang on, so we can spoil series 4 as much as we like (Donna's the new companion, they go to the Ood's home planet, there's an Agatha Christie episode, and a certain Dalek master puts in an appearance), but we're not allowed to talk about the end of series three, even though we've already revealed that the Master returns, Jack can't die, Jack is the Face of Boe, the Master goes somewhere from which you wouldn't expect a non-recurring character to return, and the Doctor crashes into the Titanic?

Gee, logic's really taking a beating today. Wink

Laughing Alright, alright. I just thought that the American fans wouldn't know about the Series 3 finale but okay, I can see the logic in your answer. As for what I said about Series 4 -> I said that because we still don't know about main events that will happen! Wink Okay, you hinted at Davros. Rolling Eyes

Meh, what the heck- "spoil" all you want but for the sake of those who want to be surprised all the way through (episode by episode) come next year, stick "Possible Spoilers" at the top of your post. Smile
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, and John Simm plays the new Doctor after Tennant quits! Very Happy

It would be interesting if it was The Master and The Doctor combined and as one, seeing as Simm played The Master in Series 3 Wink
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure? I heard Mark Gatiss would.

zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

News of the World reported it today, and everything they've said so far was true... (Tate in Series 4, Martha leaving for Torchwood, etc.)
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how far you can trust "The News of The World" but "The Sun" is always giving us false information. I don't buy the paper, just read about the lies on Outpost Gallifrey. Cool
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 3 ended about a month ago in the U.S.

Edit: I see everyone else knows that.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JACK'S BACK!

John Barrowman has revealed that the character of Captain Jack Harkness is returning to Doctor Who in Series Four.

There has been no official announcement by the BBC but in an interview on thisisnottingham.co.uk (primarily talking about Barrowman's new CD which is titled "Another Side"), the subject of Captain Jack is touched upon. When mentioning the character, he says: "I'm not in the Doctor Who Christmas special, but I come back in Series Four, which starts filming after Christmas."
thedoctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, a new official Doctor Who thread! About time, that other one was getting annoying.
Anyone know when then 4th series starts? And when the "Children in Need" special comes out?

http://infinitelyirrational.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series 4 will probably start at around the same time as the previous three series. This will therefore be late March/early April of 2008. It will see the return of Donna Noble (The Runaway Bride) as the Doctor's full time companion for all 13 episodes of Series 4.

The Children in Need special is a seven minute "mini-episode" and it will be shown tonight on BBC1. Titled "Time Crash", it will see the Tenth Doctor (Tennant) meet a previous incarnation of himself- the Fifth Doctor (played by Peter Davison). As of yet, there are no plot details on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Crash
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up watching Tom Baker as The Doctor. It was on PBS (I think?) on Saturday afternoons - they'd have eight or ten episodes back-to-back.

Despite the fact that they were making a sci/fi show with a $10 budget (20 for those across the pond), the show was a lot of fun.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since 2005, Doctor Who has once again become the thing to watch on a Saturday night. It's better than ever now, all thanks to the technology of today. Computer graphics, special effects and music have all come a very long way since the old days.

I would personally recommend the Doctor Who soundtracks if you enjoyed the music in the episodes of the new series. Without doubt, these CDs are something that no Doctor Who fan should be without. I have both soundtracks that have been released and can only say that there is no other music quite like it. Every track is unique.

Series 1 & 2
Released December 4th 2006, the CD has 31 tracks. The "Collector's Limited Edition" version (which is the version that I have) came with a cardboard sleeve and an exclusive badge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who:_Original_Television_Soundtrack

Series 3
Released November 5th 2007, this CD has 28 tracks. There is only one version available and that is just a standard one. No sleeve or badge available this time round which is sad because those extra little things are just plain cool. Razz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who:_Original_Television_Soundtrack_-_Series_3
zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knapplc wrote:
I grew up watching Tom Baker as The Doctor. It was on PBS (I think?) on Saturday afternoons - they'd have eight or ten episodes back-to-back.

Despite the fact that they were making a sci/fi show with a $10 budget (20 for those across the pond), the show was a lot of fun.

That's 5 Wink
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the conversion $2:1 back when knapplc was teeny, as it is now? Or was it maybe $1:2 in his day? I didn't exist then, so I dunno, I'm just sayin' it might be good to do some research before trampling a guy for a possible typo. Razz

[EDIT] Nope, the USD has always sucked against the pound. Typo it is then! Razz
Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Children in Need special was really kinda cool Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Jump to: