FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that, but assumed everyone else would - apparently not.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joedward wrote:
[STICKS IN IMAGES]

1. I can't be the only one thinking this. It didn't really clock with me for a bit until I saw this very brief clip on TV with the ship above Earth and it was like a slap in the face. Very Happy

2. And TM, something in the comments mentioned on that link, TM, Astrid = anagram of TARDIS. Hhmmmmmm **scratched chin** Smile I don't know if that's been mentioned, but there is quite a lot to read.

1. Don't worry, you're not alone. As soon as I saw the trailer, the first thing I thought of was Futurama. I find it quite funny. Laughing

2. That's not been mentioned here before. Astrid=Tardis Exclamation - Shocked - Exclamation - Shocked - Exclamation. My face currently resembles The Doctor's when he remembered what The Face of Boe said.

"You.......Are.......Not.......Alone."

Edit: I've just realised what I said to you for number one. "Don't worry, you're not alone." Rolling Eyes Laughing
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battle for 2008!

Doctor Who has taken the fourth place in the best-selling 2008 calendars, according to Europe's biggest calendar maker, Danilo.

Celebrity favourites like Robbie Williams and Kylie Minogue have dropped out of the top 10 in a chart that is dominated by sports heroes rather than the pop stars of recent years.

1. High School Musical
2. Liverpool Football Club
3. Manchester United
4. Doctor Who
5. World Wrestling Entertainment
6. Arsenal
7= Chelsea
7= Hollyoaks Hunks And Babes
9. The Simpsons
10. Sir Cliff Richard

7= = Joint seventh. Mm-kay? Smile
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Astrid=Tardis Exclamation - Shocked - Exclamation - Shocked - Exclamation.

Why is this so big? Is she like, a living Tardis or somthing?

zombieprongs
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a surprisingly reliable un-named newspaper she is, yes. Wink
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell T Davies- "Kylie is fantastic"

BBC News24's programme "Entertainment Today" has featured a brief interview with Russell T Davies - "the man behind the renaissance of Doctor Who" - about Kylie Minogue's appearance in the forthcoming Christmas Special "Voyage of the Damned".

Speaking yesterday about her, he said: "Kylie Minogue is fantastic in the Christmas Doctor Who, and I literally can't wait for people to see it. It's my job to say she's fantastic, but she really is! You will see a truly quality performance, and you will see why she is so iconic, and successful. No-one's that successful for that long without talent, and she is perfect. Put her together with David Tennant - who is just sizzling on screen, and gives even more than ever in this Christmas episode - I could not be happier, seriously, it's fantastic entertainment for Christmas Day!"
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a large article in the Xmas Radio Times about the show, but most of it is about Kyle as a person, with actual Dr Who goodness severly lacking.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Interview with Phil Collinson
Doctor Who producer Phil Collinson has given an interview to SFX, in which he discusses plot elements and behind-the-scenes details for this year's Christmas special, "Voyage of the Damned".

Some FBTB members may wish to avoid the interview, as it gives details about the Doctor's encounter with the Titanic and its crew. The full interview -> including Collinson's comments on Kylie Minogue and other guest stars in the special, can be read on SFX's website. For now, there's a preview below.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Interview

SFX: Last time we saw the Doctor the TARDIS had been hit by the Titanic. So on the face of it you might think this Christmas special isn’t gonna be Christmassy, because the Titanic sailed in June.......so is it Christmassy?

COLLINSON: "It's jam-packed with Christmas -- it's full of it! So it does feel very much in the spirit of all our other specials. It’d have to be really, on Christmas Day -- I think it would be odd if they were basking on the beach somewhere, y'know! I'm a traditionalist, I think you've got a bit of Christmas about it, a bit of snow somewhere and some tinsel and some angels and a Christmas tree thrown in there and a bit of Santa Claus, and we've got all of that.

"It's Christmassy because it's not the real Titanic. It's a spaceship that's full of aliens and is hovering above Earth and they're doing a bit of an experience cruise to the planet Earth, basically, so they've built their spaceship to be a replica of a famous Earth ship. And they beam down onto the planet secretly and have a little look round and stuff so... yes, it's their Christmas cruise and they're celebrating an earth Christmas. It's a theme cruise."

SFX: In your tone meetings you have key phrases you use to sum things up -- what’s the key phrase for this one?

COLLINSON: "I think the phrase Russell used for this was 'disaster movie' and that's really what it is: all's not good on the spaceship Titanic. It runs into dangerous waters -- or airspace, or whatever you like to call it."
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRAND NEW TRAILER FOR
"VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED"

The BBC have tonight released a brand new trailer for this year's Christmas Special. It's available to view behind door 14 of the online Doctor Who Advent Calendar but if you're unable to view it there via all the links/feeds/coversions and wot-not, then have no fear -> The Master is here! Wink (Sorry, I couldn't resist!!)

Actually, it's the BBC Homepage on YouTube that saves the day. Here's the link everyone, I hope you enjoy it! I sure did! Very Happy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BUE-QAvk58o

What do you think? Awesome? I knew you'd be pleased. Cool
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
SFX: Last time we saw the Doctor the TARDIS had been hit by the Titanic. So on the face of it you might think this Christmas special isn’t gonna be Christmassy, because the Titanic sailed in June.......so is it Christmassy?

It was April wasn't it?

Anyway, cool trailer. Can't wait.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty wrote:
It was April wasn't it?

Yes it was. Why they said June, I just don't know -> it was probably a mistake by them. Laughing
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it says that the video is unavailable. Is it cos I'm in the US?
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying the YouTube link? If you are, then whatever's happening to you is really strange. It works for me. Hope you get to see it eventually. Sad
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its the youtube link that isn't working. I'm going to try the advent calendar as that worked for me last time.

Edit: I just watched it on the BBC website - it looks really cool. I wonder what those suspicious golden angels are? Shocked
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already explained CommanderBly. Smile

The Master wrote:
Late news which I forgot to report

On the 4 December 2007, Radio Times mentioned that the gold creatures are new monsters and are referred to as "the Hosts". This puts to rest all rumours that claimed this episode would see the return of the dreaded Axons.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate Comments About Tennant's Future

In an article on BBC News published this morning, Catherine Tate says that the upcoming fourth Doctor Who series will be her last, and that it "could be the last for actor David Tennant" according to comments she made this morning on the Radio 2 Jonathan Ross programme. "I think it's maybe David's last series." The article notes that the BBC refuses to comment on Mr Tennant's future as the show's star. When pressed on whether Tennant would return to play the timelord in special Dr Who shows in future, Tate replied: "Possibly."

The BBC News article also quotes Kylie Minogue in Doctor Who Magazine as saying her appearance in the forthcoming Christmas special is "like stepping back in time. I really felt at home being back in the world of TV. I've definitely got the acting bug again!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7145965.stm
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Davison's Daughter Chosen for Series Four

Georgia Moffett, daughter of Fifth Doctor Peter Davison, will be appearing in Series Four, according to Executive Producer Phil Collinson.

"Fans might recognise that name...but that's not why we cast her. She's a very fine actor."

Georgia originally auditioned for a role in the Agatha Christie episode. "But as soon as we saw her," Collinson told Doctor Who Magazine, "we realised there was a much bigger and better part later on in the series...so Georgia kindly waited until the time was right. It's a role no one will ever forget!"
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess - They reveal Davros is a Time Lord and he regenerates into a woman. Wink

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do hope not. Maybe she'll be The Doctor's sister. Idea
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyage of the Damned Preview

Doctor Who Magazine, issue 390 has printed an exclusive write-up preview of this year's Christmas special. Enjoy!

The Titantic sails above the Earth. Half replica, half floating hotel, it's a luxury spaceship - alien tourists on board a Christmas Cruise. The Doctor arrives as a curios visitor, and befriends Astrid, a waitress, who's dreaming of a better life. But disaster strikes: meteoriods hit! The Titantic is crippled! Why has power been diverted to Deck 31? Who has reporgrammed the robot workforce to hunt down the living? It's a race against time as the Doctor and Astrid lead a small brave band of survivors through the devastated vessel.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmas slowdown hits Dr Who and Spiderman

Character Group, which distributes Doctor Who and Spider-Man toys, has become the latest victim of consumer belt-tightening ahead of Christmas.

Shares in the company slumped after it warned that sales of its remote-control Daleks were “slower than anticipated” because of the “difficult trading environment”. Toy industry bodies have suggested that this could be one of the worst Christmas trading periods in recent history as the credit crunch has forced consumers to tighten their purse strings.

Toy sales have fallen by six per cent in the past five weeks, compared with the same period last year. The decline follows a similar slump in October, according to statistics compiled by the Toy and Hobby Association. The trade group, which represents 80 per cent of toy manufacturers and importers including giants such as Mattel, Hasbro and Playmobil, said the falls were “unprecedented” and were expected to continue this month.

David Hawtin, the director general, said: “Unless something major happens in the next few days, we would expect a similar fall in December.” Character Group said revenues for the four months to December 31 will be down on last year but it noted that its 2008 product range had received “a very positive reaction” from the major retailers.

“The pipeline of new products, including Primeval, Dork Hunters from Outer Space and Postman Pat, gives reason to expect a recovery, subject to the retail environment,” said analyst Paul Bates. Sales of toys are down sharply in the run-up to Christmas as parents start to tighten their belts like never before, according to new figures.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tennant laughs off Dr Who rumours

Doctor Who star David Tennant has laughed off speculation that he is planning to quit the show at the end of the next series in 2008. Comic actress Catherine Tate sparked rumours at the weekend when she said in a radio interview that she thought the next series would be Tennant's last.

Tate is due to join the Doctor in the Tardis as his new companion in 2008. Tennant, speaking at the launch of the Christmas episode, said: "Catherine Tate stitched me up good and proper."

"I started getting all these phone calls on Saturday lunchtime saying apparently you're leaving Doctor Who," Tennant told the BBC. "Catherine Tate's just announced it on Radio 2 - thanks Catherine!"

He added: "I said to her on Monday morning did you know you've caused a minor diplomatic incident? She was completely oblivious that the phone had been ringing off the hook."

Tennant confirmed he was doing four Doctor Who specials in 2009, but there was no decision about the next series in 2010. "I'm doing four more specials and beyond that no one's asked me to make any decisions and I'm quite happy to be enigmatic for as long as possible," he said.

Kissing Kylie

The Christmas Day episode, Voyage Of The Damned, features Kylie Minogue as Astrid Peth, a waitress on board the Titanic. Given the Doctor's form with his other companions it is no surprise that the two get to kiss during the adventure.

The special was screened before a celebrity audience at London's Science Museum. It also features Geoffrey Palmer as the Captain of the Titanic, and Bernard Cribbins - who featured in a big-screen Doctor Who adventure with Peter Cushing in 1966.

"Awesome"

The audience included Work and Pensions Secretary Peter Hain who told the BBC afterwards: "It was absolutely awesome. Millions are going to be glued to their TV sets."

Doctor Who writer and executive producer Russell T Davies said: "I'm delighted with the next series, we're doing stuff we've never done before and it's bigger and better than before."

He said Kylie Minogue was keen to do more acting again.

"She did this because I think that's the way her thoughts are heading. She's missed it and fancied that discipline. I'd cast her again like that," he said.

Asked by a child in the audience whether evil Dalek creator Davros would be resurrected for the new series, Davies said: "I don't know. I'm as in the dark as you are. Would you like us to?" Amid much laughter, he stroked his chin and added: "I'll see what I can do."
Clone Commander Bacara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two Bad creatures the doctor will face this coming series are:

Giant Killer Wasps
Killer Fat tissue.

I apologise if this has already been posted.

CC Bacara

DLF Join Today
Yuummm.....Chicken Fried Steak, I'm glad I don't have arteries - Ray Wise
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, it's not been reported here at all! Thanks for your information. I assume you have a reliable source?

Other Confirmed Monsters

1. The Ood appear again. This time in "Planet of the Ood".

2. The Sontarans make a return for a two part story. Part one is called "The Sontaran Stratagem", part two has no title as of yet.

Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
I assume you have a reliable source?

Tennant said it.

There I was, playing on my DS, when Newround popped up with this story on Dr Who. Sometimes it pays to have younger brothers. Wink

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsround? Ooh, well of course! Who else would tell you about "giant killer wasps" and "killer fat tissue" being on Doctor Who. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Tennant said about that stuff. Dunno if he was talking down for children, but for what I've seen of Newsround in the past year, I wouldn't be surprised.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably. Either way, we'll have to wait and see.
Back to current stuff -> Today seems pretty dry for Doctor Who news. Confused
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you posted this (which can be found on the 'Voyage of the Damned' page that is now available on the Dr Who site):
Meeting Astrid.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. That's new in this thread. Smile Anyone can post anything Doctor Who related and if it's already been covered then I'll PM them to let them know. That way, they can edit their post and stick something else in.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13
Jump to: