FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than that, it was an excellent mini-episode. Yes it was limited but what else can you do with seven minutes? Laughing I thought it was very, very good. A brilliant idea for a mini story without a doubt. It finally cleared up the whole debate (which has been going for years) on how the TARDIS changes it's interior. Smile

From Wiki:
The Fifth Doctor states that the TARDIS' 'desktop setting' can be changed, accounting for its radically different appearances throughout the series. He notes that the current setting is called 'Coral', and there is also a 'leopard skin' variation.

Towards the end, when the Tenth Doctor says how the Fifth Doctor was his Doctor-> I have a strong feeling that Tennant is relating to his own past when he grew up with Doctor Who. It was a secret reference. It's awesome how they do that, isn't it? Very Happy

Well done to the BBC for the success they had tonight with "Time Crash". Well done indeed. Very Happy
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAN PAYS 37,000 TO MEET DOCTOR WHO TEAM
All I have to say is this-> How much does he earn a year? Shocked

http://www.clitheroeadvertiser.co.uk/clitheroe-news/Mark-pays-37000-to-meet.3491834.jp

TIME CRASH AGAIN!
If you missed the special mini-episode tonight or maybe you just want to see it again then click on the link provided below. The BBC's Doctor Who website has announced that fans in the UK will be able to view "Time Crash" online for seven days after its broadcast, as well as a special Doctor Who Confidential featurette.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
thedoctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad I can't watch Timecrash, it says "Connection to server could not be established" when I click on the link. Is it on youtube anywhere yet?

http://infinitelyirrational.blogspot.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky enough to see a repeat of "Time Crash" just after 12.40am on BBC1. Things are so much better on television than online. Bigger screen, better sound, no loading issues. Laughing

DID YOU NOTICE: The Titanic design has been changed from the one previously seen in "Last of the Time Lords". In LotTL, the Titanic (a prop) was broader in design with less features on it's side but in "Time Crash", the Titanic seen (a CGI version) is slimmer and has more detail to the design on the bow of the ship (easily visible).

The Titanic prop that smashed through the Tardis in LotTL was hired, so it means they had to book the prop to use it for the scene- there is speculation that perhaps they didn't get it in time for the seven minute special.

REACTION TO THE TITANIC DESIGN
Fans are mostly in agreement having said "They've changed it from a pretty good go at the ship's bow, to something much less like the real ship." and "The first transmitted version is very like the real Titanic; the new one tonight is definitely not.".

(Yey! This is my 500th post! What a way to do it- in The Official Doctor Who Thread!) Very Happy

Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
(Yey! This is my 500th post! What a way to do it- in The Official Doctor Who Thread!) Very Happy

And you say you are odler than 16. Rolling Eyes

I liked it. I'm didn't spend forever trying to spot the differences between the Titanics, but thought it was quite cool how it all came together with Last of the Time Lords.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty, not all adults grow up. We treasure the past too much. Wink Me, Don, Austin, Daz Hoo, dWhisper, Rocko, Andi, Cello Collin, Kungfused (?).......anyone else? Question

(Based on the fact that we all love Lego)
Joedward
Hoover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wasn't his his 500th post, perhaps his 524th.
And considering quite a lot of the stuff he has posted (especially with the whole Portal bananza, I expect there are a but load in the trash)

Maybe 14 yrs old.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my guess. If you look at his posts, some of his comments are like that of some of our younger members, whereas Don etc. are more mature.

But I do think we are getting a bit sidetracked.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we are. Keep with the humour though, I'm The Master! I can crack jokes if I like. Where's your sense of humour? We're all the same here!
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a random question, how many doctors have been and gone now? I thought that the doctor only had a finite number of lives...?

Last edited by CommanderJake on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the "New Background" thread, I've said my piece on this matter. Let it go to rest and leave me be. I'm happy to ring someone on here to prove I am who I am if you're really that sad and unbelieving. Oh and as for your sig-> We've had ten Doctors and he can only ever have 13 lives.
Clone Commander Bacara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apperently Kylie Minouge will star in the christmas episode! Does the doctor really only have 13 lifes Confused

CC Bacara

DLF Join Today
Yuummm.....Chicken Fried Steak, I'm glad I don't have arteries - Ray Wise
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how many times he can regenerate. After that, the writers will have to come up with something to allow him to live on obviously. Either that or it's farewell to The Doctor.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I thought the Master was older than 19. Just look at him in Utopia. Wink

Anyone got any ideas on how he could 'live past 13'? Perhaps a clone or a son?

CommanderJake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or a retcon...

Hang on, this isn't Star Wars, my mistake... Laughing
thedoctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, considering that the next Doctor will be the guy who last played the Master (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm assuming they'll come up with some sort of storyline where the Doctor and the Master are morphed together (ok, it'll be cooler than "morphed", but you get the idea), and then they can share a few more regenerations. After that... perhaps the Doctor will look into the heart of the TARDIS...

http://infinitelyirrational.blogspot.com/
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or they could just say that when a Time Lord dies, all their regerations are shared evenly between all remaining Time Lords. When there were loads of them, this would have had little effect, but with most of them all dead, the Doctor could live for much, much longer.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROSE RETURNS!

The official Doctor Who website has confirmed that Billie Piper will return for Series 4, but added, "Anything you may read elsewhere about when, how or for how long Rose returns to Doctor Who should be treated as pure speculation at this point."

Piper will star in three episodes of the sci-fi drama, reprising her role as the Doctor's companion, Rose Tyler. Her return will mean the Doctor has three assistants in next year's series.

The Time Lord, played by David Tennant, will start with Donna (Catherine Tate) as his helper but is then joined by Martha (Freema Agyeman) and then reunites with Billie's character Rose for the finale. A source said: "With Donna, Martha and Rose competing to assist him, Dr Who is going to be spoilt for choice."

The breaking news was actually reported on yesterday by fans present at filming in Cardiff, who were able to take photos of Billie Piper on location. The news was only brought to the surface and confirmed today when papers were able to report on it.

The new series begins in March and will run for 13 episodes. There will be three special editions in 2009 before the show takes a break until 2010.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEWS ON YOYAGE OF THE DAMNED

The BBC Press Office has released information about the Doctor Who Christmas Special for 2007.

Kylie Minogue steps back in time this festive season, as she joins Time Lord David Tennant for a spectacular Doctor Who Christmas Special set on board The Titanic.

At the end of the last series, viewers witnessed The Titanic crash through the Tardis walls in spectacular style, and the action continues from that moment. Kylie, who plays Astrid, a waitress on The Titanic, says: "It is an incredible thrill to be joining David and the entire Dr Who production for this year's Christmas special. Dr Who enjoys a unique history and it is going to be very exciting to be a part of that."

Two of Britain's best-loved sitcom actors, Geoffrey Palmer and Clive Swift, also feature in this Christmas episode. Palmer, perhaps most famous for his roles in the long-running BBC series "Butterflies" and "As Time Goes By", plays the role of Captain of The Titanic.

Voyage Of The Damned also features Gray O'Brien, who recently appeared in the Oscar-winning film "The Queen"; Debbie Chazen, star of the BBC comedy series "The Smoking Room"; Olivier Award-winner Clive Rowe; Russell Tovey, from the smash-hit film "The History Boys"; Jimmy Vee, who previously appeared in Doctor Who as the Moxx of Balhoon; and George Costigan, who starred in "The Long Firm" and the acclaimed film "Rita, Sue And Bob Too".

Voyage of the Damned can be seen on BBC1 this Christmas.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyage of the Damned: 71 Minutes

The official BBC Doctor Who website has announced that the forthcoming Christmas special, Voyage of the Damned, will be 71 minutes long - longer than either of the two previous festive episodes, and the longest single episode of the programme since its return in 2005.

The report also confirms the start time for the episode - 6.50pm on BBC 1 on Christmas Day, Tuesday the 25th of December - and a brand-new one-hour Doctor Who Confidential for BBC 3, starting at 8.30pm.

The episode will also be repeated on New Year's Day at 2.15pm, and with in-vision signing for the deaf at 1.15am on December 27th.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanic Revealed

Who fans everywhere were tonight given their first glimpse of Titanic which will feature in this year's Christmas special -> Voyage of the Damned. There has been much speculation from fans as to what Titanic really is, forever asking if it was going to be the Titanic of 1912 or not.

If you want to know what the Titanic is then look in this box -> [The Titanic is a spaceship!]

BBC One tonight screened a short, 10-second teaser trailer for the forthcoming Christmas special Voyage of the Damned (except for viewers in Scotland, who had their own trailers). The teaser trailer shows three quick shots of the Doctor, then Astrid and then a special effects shot of the Titanic itself.

The clip is available to view - for UK users only (not sure about American users) - on the official BBC website (behind door 8 of the advent calendar).

Link -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

Late news which I forgot to report

On the 4 December 2007, Radio Times mentioned that the gold creatures are new monsters and are referred to as "the Hosts". This puts to rest all rumours that claimed this episode would see the return of the dreaded Axons.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!!! The Titanic is a Spaceship!!!

No offence to anyone who likes that, but I hate it. Since summer, I've been looking forward to seeing the 1912 Titanic (something that really interests me, but now find out it is a spaceship.

Although, during the writing of this post, I've come more accustomed to the idea. In fact, now I think about it - that idea works so much better.

A Talking Head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, I live in the States, I'll have to wait. Crying or Very sad
Although, on the bright side, I can go on Wikipedia and find out what happens during the commercials. Wink

Oh! The Master, I can't view the clip, although it might just be my cruddy computer. Rolling Eyes
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because you're in the US. Only people in the UK can see BBC videos.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetty wrote:
WHAT!!! The Titanic is a Spaceship!!!

No offence to anyone who likes that, but I hate it. Since summer, I've been looking forward to seeing the 1912 Titanic (something that really interests me, but now find out it is a spaceship.

If it had been on the Titanic then the adventure would have been limited to just the ship with the monsters living in the engine room. Rolling Eyes Laughing It's much better that it's situated in space as more things can happen and you can totally drool over the ship being a spaceship. Have you seen those busty engines?! They are PACKING such a wodge of thrust! Very Happy *Drools*

A Talking Head wrote:
Sigh, I live in the States, I'll have to wait. Crying or Very sad
Although, on the bright side, I can go on Wikipedia and find out what happens during the commercials. Wink

Do you mean the commercials as you watch telly in the states or the "commercials" on BBC1? If you mean BBC1 then I'm sorry (but bloomin' happy) to say that Doctor Who does not have commercials. Good Lord! That would destroy the whole flow of the story. Evil or Very Mad

Another thing to point out is that Wikipedia is not updated with the whole story as it unfolds minute by minute whilst being shown for the first time. The episode is played through and only afterwards is the story then typed up on Wikipedia by some member of the Doctor Who press office.
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, us people in the States have to wait until June/July so it will probably be updated by then. And for me at least, it is on the SciFi channel which has loads of commercial breaks for any show that it plays. It really does destroy the flow of the story. Evil or Very Mad

It let me see the clip oddly enough.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Another thing to point out is that Wikipedia is not updated with the whole story as it unfolds minute by minute whilst being shown for the first time. The episode is played through and only afterwards is the story then typed up on Wikipedia by some member of the Doctor Who press office.

commanderbly42 -> I meant it is updated immediately (usually within the hour), not in a month's or so time. This is even worse for you I suppose. Confused I'm afraid you can only laugh in these situations. Rolling Eyes *Shakes head in disbelief*
A Talking Head

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

commanderbly42 wrote:
Remember, us people in the States have to wait until June/July so it will probably be updated by then. And for me at least, it is on the SciFi channel which has loads of commercial breaks for any show that it plays. It really does destroy the flow of the story. Evil or Very Mad
Exactly!
Hoover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be the only one thinking this. It didn't really clock with me for a bit until I saw this very brief clip on TV with the ship above Earth and it was like a slap in the face. Very Happy

I'm sure the stories are galazies apart (almost literaly, not quite) but the image of the ship just stuck with the old Futurama episode Cool

[edit] - [img]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8kG0gti9Y[/img]

And TM, something in the comments mentioned on that link, TM, Astrid = anagram of TARDIS. Hhmmmmmm **scratched chin** Smile I don't know if that's been mentioned, but there is quite a lot to read.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13
Jump to: