FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Now I think you are all being a bit kind to the episode.

Ah, but I haven't said what I thought of it. Wink

Master Fetty wrote:
The way the cliffhangers were just brushed aside were a bit annoying and then it was a bit up and down from there.

Have you seen Genesis of the Daleks? There is a cliffhanger at the end of one "part" where Sarah Jane falls to her death - we all know there is no chance of her survival. However, in the next "part" she lands safely on a platform below - totally unharmed. Laughing It's a funny world.

Master Fetty wrote:
Both the Supreme Dalek and Davros were down played with the former seeming to just be a marketing ploy.

Well, the hype usually does out-do what we get in the end. Take Revenge of the Sith for example. Wink

Master Fetty wrote:
Oh and I think it was a tad too long - I was up until after 1am watching this on iPlayer (work didn't end till just before 12) and when you're tired, things drag.

What? What?! Wink You've got the rest of the week to watch it! Why do it in the early hours last night? Shocked I suppose you just couldn't wait. Razz

Master Fetty wrote:
And I thought the whole 'someone will die' thing being thrown away was terrible. Why can't anything kill off a main character?

Well, they did it in Torchwood. Two main characters (Tosh and Owen) died in the finale. Of course, Owen was technically already dead.......but just not gone. Laughing

Master Fetty wrote:
The camera goes to a close up of Donna. A shot is heard. The camera pans around to reveal the Doctor, pointing Cpt. Jack's gun at Donna.

It'd have a such more emotional gravitas.

No way. First of all, RTD (and all the other writers) would never have guns being used against humans. It's a family show, it's not suitable at all and the Doctor (as the story goes) is against the use of guns (especially the human sort that come with bullets).

Master Fetty wrote:
Oh, I loved the whole Osaka Key and Martha stuff.

Yes, the Osterhagen Key was the ultimate weapon. Good job they didn't use it. Wink The Warp Star was cool too, despite its limited use.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
Master Fetty wrote:
Both the Supreme Dalek and Davros were down played with the former seeming to just be a marketing ploy.

Well, the hype usually does out-do what we get in the end. Take Revenge of the Sith for example. Wink

I guess, but at least we got to see Davros do some stuff.

Quote:
Master Fetty wrote:
Oh and I think it was a tad too long - I was up until after 1am watching this on iPlayer (work didn't end till just before 12) and when you're tired, things drag.

What? What?! Wink You've got the rest of the week to watch it! Why do it in the early hours last night? Shocked I suppose you just couldn't wait. Razz

Exactly - I knew that (like the twist in HP6), that I wouldn't be able to avoid it.

Master Fetty wrote:
And I thought the whole 'someone will die' thing being thrown away was terrible. Why can't anything kill off a main character?

Well, they did it in Torchwood. Two main characters (Tosh and Owen) died in the finale. Of course, Owen was technically already dead.......but just not gone. Laughing

Quote:
Master Fetty wrote:
The camera goes to a close up of Donna. A shot is heard. The camera pans around to reveal the Doctor, pointing Cpt. Jack's gun at Donna.

It'd have a such more emotional gravitas.

No way. First of all, RTD (and all the other writers) would never have guns being used against humans. It's a family show, it's not suitable at all and the Doctor (as the story goes) is against the use of guns (especially the human sort that come with bullets).

I know he's against it, but I thought it would have made the whole 'Stalemate' situation where either the Earth or the Crucible can be destroyed a bit more poiniant (it was by far the best bit of the epsiode). I suppose it's a bit like people wanting no Jar-Jar - you can't want all you like, but it won't happen.

Now I'm a bit more awake, I can see I was focusing on the negative. Talking about it with my brother, it soon became apparant there were some good things. A lot of good things.

If the whole Dalek Empire had been destroyed in a better way and we'd had one last Doctor/Davros showdown, I'd have given it a 9/10.

The goodbye to Rose (another great bit) was amazing and just shows how the real Doctor can't love. The goodbye to the Noble's was great too, especially the Doctor-Wilf farewell.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journey's End - Digital Ratings
Unofficial figures show that the final episode of Series Four, Journey's End, was watched by 9.4 million viewers, giving it a 45.9% share of the total television audience. Not only was the programme the highest rated on Saturday, beating the second placed Casualty by nearly 4 million viewers, it was the most-watched programme of the past week.

If this is confirmed when final figures are published by BARB in nine days' time then Journey's End will have achieved the highest chart position in Doctor Who's history.
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who watch it over here in America, good news! Sci-Fi channel will not edit Doctor Who's season finale to make it 60 minutes - instead, they will give it a 90 minute timeslot!

Article here.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I watched it again and I'm finding it a bit better. I must have somehow overlooked Caan's betrayal and what the other Doctor did. That makes it all a bit better.

Now if it weren't for that cheesy, smiling, ludicrous Earth-dragging, I'd be happy.

sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Fetty wrote:
Well, I watched it again and I'm finding it a bit better. I must have somehow overlooked Caan's betrayal and what the other Doctor did. That makes it all a bit better.

But Caan's betrayal made no sense. Let's look at his plan:

He travels back in time to the Time War and sees all of time. He realises what the Daleks will become and decides to wipe out the Daleks. But Caan is the only Dalek!!! So why does he rescue Davros, letting him create a new Dalek Empire, just to come up with an intricate plan to wipe them all out again?!!! If he'd just left Davros alone everything would have been avoided!!! Razz

Also, the Earth part made no sense. What had the moon been doing while Earth was gone? What was it orbiting? Why was it still right in place when the Earth was returned?

Let's face it - Russell T Davies' episodes are filled with plot holes Razz
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davies vows clean break from Doctor Who
As Series Four draws to a close, Executive Producer and Head Writer Russell T Davies talks about his involvement with Doctor Who, the show he was part of reviving after a 16-year hiatus in 2005. Answering fans' questions on the BBC News website, he says that once he leaves he will no longer be involved with the show - even for an occasional writing stint. He hands the reins over to Steven Moffat in 2010.

"I think Steven's more than his own man. He doesn't need me at all. I won't write for it in the future. I'm done with it. It's time to move on and I'd hate to be just a ghost haunting the corridors that I used to walk. And who needs me? Because Steve's brilliant and they've got a thousand million plans. I'll just be old news and it's about time."

He said he would most miss the people he had worked with. "They are genuinely brilliant people, our designers and producers and the crew at BBC Wales. They are fantastic and they're part of the reason I've stayed for so long."

Despite his intial fears of low budget and a non-peaktime slot, he was pleased with the way the BBC treated the show. "I thought there'd be a lot of compromise, I thought we'd be compromised on budget. We could have ended up with no ratings and a Sunday afternoon slot, so absolutely nothing (was compromised) and that really is the honest answer. We got to make everything that I wanted to make. I knew what we'd made was good. So I knew I could sleep at night. I knew even if no one watched it, I could sit there and say I had done a great piece of work." He added: "None of us ever saw this much success coming. I didn't even envisage a spin-off would be possible."

When asked about his favourite line of dialogue, he replied: "I did love Donna, played by Catherine Tate, in a show we did two weeks ago called Turn Left. She said: 'You liar, you told me I was special' to Rose, when she feels her life has been betrayed and lied. I think she delivers that line with such venom - I love that moment."

Asked which villains or creatures he might have brought back if he'd continued with Doctor Who, he said: "I've used a lot of the classics but the Silurians were always very good. They were a race of lizard people who were the original owners of the Earth. I always thought it was a very clever idea that there was a civilisation before us. I'm not bringing them back but they're ripe to be returned one day."
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 Specials - Transmission Update
Doctor Who's co-executive producer Julie Gardner has revealed transmission details for two of next year's specials.

And in the interview in yesterday's Daily Telegraph about the show's future, the head of drama for BBC Wales says the cutback in 2009 is a good thing for the programme.

She says: "Aside from Series Five, which will have a full 13 episodes and transmit in 2010, we are making four one-hour specials. The first, which we've already filmed, will go out this Christmas. The next will go out the following Easter. The other specials have yet to be scheduled, although one will definitely be on at Christmas 2009."

In the interview, Gardner says: "The reduced schedule for 2009 acknowledges the fact that the show should continue not just for another one or two years, but for another five or 10. It needs to be nurtured, loved and looked after."

The article states that Russell T Davies is writing two of the specials and co-writing the other two. It is not revealed who the other co-writer is.

Russell T Davies to receive fellowship at Cardiff University
Doctor Who's head writer Russell T Davies is to receive an honorary fellowship at Cardiff University on Monday (14th July) during their annual degree ceremonies.

These degrees are conferred upon those who have been seen to achieve international distinction in their fields of expertise. Amongst those included this year are television personality Carol Vorderman and Welsh rugby legend Gerald Davies.

This award follows on from Davies's recent nomination for an OBE in the Queen's honours.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone switch over to BBC1 right NOW. The series finale is being shown again in a double bill, special showing!!! Mr. Green

1735 - The Stolen Earth.
1825 - Journey's End.

I just found it while switching channels. I can't believe I didn't see this advertised! Shocked
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got off work early, so am doubley annoyed I missed this.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the first 20 minutes of The Stolen Earth but I've seen it enough times already. However, I may just go back to the iplayer to watch it again this week. Mr. Green

Repeat Ratings
The Stolen Earth which was shown at 1735 got 1.6 million watching, and was the 21st most watched programme of the day. The programme won its time slot. Journey's End, shown later at 1825, got 2.6 million watching and was the 13th most watched programme of the day.

Journey's End was also repeated on BBC3 on Friday evening, where it got 0.54 million watching and was the 2nd most watched programme of the day on multi channel television.

Series 4 - Officially the Best Yet
Series 4 has officially been classified as the most celebrated series of Doctor Who yet. Unending coverage in newspapers, television and online meant that Series 4 became the most talked about series since the show's return in 2005. Due to the huge success it has generated, Series 4 will be repeated on BBC3, starting tonight with Partners in Crime which is on at 7pm.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it didn't have Davros, I don't think it would have been as popular.

cowboycoder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davros is great, don't get me wrong. And they certainly did him justice. But I think the fact is the Daleks are the ratings pullers, always have been, since their introduction in the 60s, and Terry Nation damn well knew it Wink

I'm just getting a little tired of them continually wiping out an unstoppable dalek empire at the last minute. It's going to take some inventive writing come season 5...
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Who in Nine Days!
Instead of Children in Need airing the Autumn mini episode this year, there is another event that will. Oh and you're not going to have to wait long for it either! Just over 9 days, to be exact! Mr. Green However, this will mean a longer period of waiting till the Christmas Special that will feature the return of the Cybermen. Idea

Simply called (at this moment in time) "Doctor Who: Proms Cutaway", a specific title hasn't been given to it yet (like Time Crash). This "Summer" (Summer? All we've had is rain, rain, rain!) mini episode will be broadcast on July 27th, although no exact time has been listed yet. According to Russell T. Davies, the action will take place on the TARDIS and will feature a "special returning guest star". If you'd like to know who it is, check out the spoiler below. No doubt, the guest star will be on the front cover of the Radio Times the week before with the words "He's/She's/It's Back!" (delete as appropriate). Rolling Eyes Laughing The Radio Times always goes and spoils the fun. Confused

Last edited by The Master Zombie on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starsmore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: "The Stolen Earth" on SciFi Reply with quote

So, rewatched TSE on terrestial channels (SciFi) and all I have to say is "What's the bloody point of a cliffhanger ending when they just show the 'NEXT WEEK ON DR WHO!!!' during the credits with DT running around like no ones business'"

I mean, cripes, ruin the ending!
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know!!!!! Why would he regenerate into the same person he was???? That just grinds my gears that they revealed that Mad
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, that's why we didn't get a trailer in the original broadcast. Just be glad that's the only thing that annoyed you - SciFi are notorious for cutting big chunks out of Doctor Who. For some reason, they apparently took all of the Torchwood references out of 'Turn Left'. Confused

If you really like fish, put this in your sig: ><>
zombly42
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took a lot of things out of Turn Left. Rolling Eyes And that advert really irritated me. Mad
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not What I Had In Mind

My fellow Who fans, I'm about to deliver some sad news. On July 18th, I reported on this year's mini episode. Remember this?

The Master wrote:
Simply called (at this moment in time) "Doctor Who: Proms Cutaway", a specific title hasn't been given to it yet (like Time Crash). This mini episode will be broadcast on July 27th, although no exact time has been listed yet. According to Russell T. Davies, the action will take place on the TARDIS and will feature a "special returning guest star".

Well, after revealing it would be Georgia Moffett (the Doctor's daughter), it seems that Russell has thrown us a Joker. We're not going to see the Doctor's daughter after all. In fact, I bring further depressing news by informing you all that the mini episode will not be available to watch on television and that the story will actually feature the very boring Graske. Sad *Yawn*

If you don't know what this creature is, allow me to say that he's an annoying, ugly little thing that deserves a place in Jabba's Palace. It appeared in the interactive Doctor Who episode "Attack of the Graske" and the Sarah Jane Adventures story "Whatever Happened To Sarah Jane?".

Lasting 7 minutes 30 seconds, Doctor Who: Music of the Spheres premières in the Albert Hall during the interval of "Doctor Who Prom 2008" on Sunday 27 July 2008 at around 11.40am.

These are the options for seeing/hearing this mini episode:
1. Get tickets to the proms and watch it in a classy seat. (Impossible)
2. Listen to it live from the Albert Hall on BBC Radio 3.
3. Watch it online during the interval. (There may be some time delay)
4. Watch it on BBC One at a later date.

Plot -> The action takes place in the TARDIS and sees the return of the Graske who poses trouble for the Tenth Doctor and The Proms.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a man whos just saved reality and 'killed' the person he 'loved', would really care whether a small dude trying to stop a music thing?

Then again - it is in London. Wink

Sounds terrible.

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Confused

Running Order

Live on BBC Radio 3, 11:00 – 11:40

Murray Gold -> Concert Prologue*
Copland -> Fanfare for the Common Man
Murray Gold -> All The Strange, Strange Creatures*
Mark-Anthony Turnage -> The Torino Scale (UK premiere)*

Holst -> The Planets – Jupiter
Murray Gold -> The Doctor Forever*
Murray Gold -> Rose*
Murray Gold -> Martha vs The Master*

INTERVAL - (Mini episode - Doctor Who: Music of the Spheres)

Live on BBC Radio 3, 12:05 – 13:00

Wagner -> Die Walküre – The Ride of the Valkyries
Murray Gold -> The Daleks & Davros*
Murray Gold -> Donna – Girl in the Fireplace – Astrid*

Prokofiev -> Romeo and Juliet – Montagues and Capulets
Murray Gold -> This is Gallifrey*
Murray Gold -> Doomsday*
Murray Gold -> The Doctor's Theme/Song of Freedom*
Murray Gold -> Song for Ten*
Ron Grainer, arr. Murray Gold -> Doctor Who Theme

*first performances at the Proms

The Doctor Who Prom running order is correct at the time of publishing and is being filmed for a possible future transmission. Don't forget to visit the Doctor Who website during the interval to watch the mini episode.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll still be putting Radio 3 on in the background from 11:00, as most of the Doctor Who music line-up is pretty good, although I might skip the mini-episode, as it makes more sense to wait until it's on TV (even if it does sound rubbish - never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually disappointed that Jenny doesn't make an appearance).

EDIT: Listening to it now. The guitar in All the Strange, Strange Creatures was... different. Confused

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchwood - Series 3 Story Title
The title of the five-part story that will comprise Series 3 of Torchwood is Children of Earth. The episodes, to be directed by Euros Lyn, will be shown over one week next spring on BBC1. Principal photography started on August 18th.

Torchwood Series 2 is out now in a complete series boxset. Prices for the boxset range from £34.99 to £39.99 so shop around for the best bargain! Idea
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Who Magazine 399

There is an exclusive interview with the unforgettable Donna Noble, when Catherine Tate talks exclusively to this months Doctor Who Magazine, released this week in the United Kingdom.

"What's weird is, I was going into an established, loved, successful show, so part of me was thinking, oh God, there's a responsibility there to that," Catherine tells the magazine. "But you can't go on set every day and think, I really hope I don't ruin this for everyone else involved! You just have to realise, yeah, I've taken this job, and the people around me wanted me to do it. Once you get down to the nuts and bolts of making the show, it was absolutely, and I can say this for certain, one of the best experiences of my professional life. Absolutely brilliant. There was just no down point."

When asked about Donna returning in the near future, Tate replied "Could Donna come back? Who knows? In sci-fi, anything's possible.....".

Also in the magazine:
1. She was the the original feisty redhead! Bonnie Langford, aka companion Melainie Bush, talks candidly about her turbulant time on Doctor Who in the 1980's.

2. Manga Doctor Who? Miss Saigon? And the Doctor and Donna at extra-fast speed? Find out what it all means as Executive Producer Julie Gardner tells us what happened when she went to the USA with new showrunner Steven Moffat, in Production Notes.

3. There's a multitude of adventures for the Doctor and Donna in a very special 10-page comic strip, The Time of My Life, written by Jonathan Morris with art by Rob Davis.

4. It's a close shave for Peri, as The Time Team get their minds warped by The Trial of a Time Lord!

5. Pomp and circumstance, and Cybermen! DWM takes an exclusive look at August's Doctor Who Prom and talks to composer Murray Gold and the people who made it happen.

6. Some of the Doctor's most fondly remembered companions are back in an all-new series of audio adventures! DWM investigates the range and chats to the Doctor’s very first companion Susan, Carole Ann Ford.

7. Neil Harris discovers the possible future of Doctor Who in You Are Not Alone.

Plus all the very latest news, reviews, previews and competitions!
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Who named Programme of the Year
Doctor Who has been named best programme of 2008 at the Edinburgh International Television Festival, a significant annual gathering of members of the British television industry.

According to the report on the BBC News website, the show's parent channel, BBC One, was named terrestrial channel of the year. Doctor Who Confidential broadcaster BBC Three took the prize for best digital channel.

The winners of these awards are selected by a panel made up of journalists and television executives. This is the second year in a row that Doctor Who has won the award for best programme.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctor Who Tops Film Hopes Poll

Doctor Who has been named the show that people would most like to see adapted for the cinema. A Radio Times online poll in July and August saw some 2,300 readers take part, and they put the revamped series top of their movie hopes. Torchwood came ninth.

A breakdown of the figures isn't revealed but Friends came second, Red Dwarf third, Heroes fourth, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation fifth, Spooks sixth, 24 seventh, Lost eighth and The Prisoner tenth.

Star Trek was voted the show that had made the most successful move to the silver screen, and Helen Hackworthy, the editor of radiotimes.com, said: "While Trekkers have had a number of big-screen delights, Who fans are hoping that the success of the new incarnation of Doctor Who will see it make the jump to a cinema near them."

The news follows comments made by incoming showrunner Steven Moffat at the Edinburgh International Television Festival at the weekend in which he said he had no objections to a Doctor Who film - but it would have to be "great and fantastic". Giving cautious backing to the notion, he emphasised that if it did happen filming should not interfere with the series.

In the BBC News report, Moffat said: "I'm not against it. I don't think it's the most important thing for Doctor Who."

"A movie is one 90 minutes a year. So yes, so long as it never gets in the way of the show. If it gets in the way of the show that's appalling."

"It's been in the cinema, with Peter Cushing. It would be good to see it in the cinema so long as it's great and fantastic."

At the festival, Moffat also ruled out having an older actor play the Doctor as and when David Tennant leaves. "It's a practical issue. This is a show that's hard for even the young, super-fit David Tennant to keep up with. It might kill someone over 60," he said.
The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchwood - Series 3 Update
With filming having begun on Series Three of Torchwood, the BBC Press Office said on Tuesday that the team would be engaged in a "battle for the future of the human race against the fiercest force they have encountered".

Co-executive producer Russell T Davies said: "The new series of Torchwood is hugely bold and promises to be bigger and better than ever - the audience is in for an amazing ride."

"This series is one big serial and the most ambitious story we've ever made, and we've got plenty of surprises in store."

Fellow co-executive producer Julie Gardner said: "We hope to make Torchwood a gripping and surprising TV event with storylines that push our team into greater danger and sacrifice."

"Joining our main cast are some fantastic guest artists who will only add to making this unmissable TV."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The guest stars are Peter Capaldi (Caecilius in the Doctor Who Series 4 story The Fires of Pompeii), who plays a civil servant called Mr Frobisher "who is hiding a terrible secret", Paul Copely and Liz May Brice.

The five-part series - called Torchwood: Children Of Earth - is being written by Russell T Davies, John Fay and James Moran, and directed by Euros Lyn. Produced by Peter Bennett, it will air over one week next year.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, anyone listen to/record the Torchwood radio play today? I've got it recorded, but I'm sure it'll be on the BBC iPlayer for those who missed the opportunity (if that's you, I suggest blaming tM for not posting about it here Razz ).

The Master Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on at 2.15pm UK time as part of the station's Big Bang Day coverage but I didn't think anyone on here would be interested in a radio episode. Neutral Now that I know of your interest, I'll post details of new radio episodes whenever they happen to be broadcast. Smile

Anyway.......

The 45-minute episode, titled Lost Souls, was written by Joseph Lidster and featured the voices of John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Gareth David-Lloyd and Freema Agyeman.

The play was broadcast (in the UK) on BBC Radio 4 FM and around the world via the Radio 4 website. If you missed it then don't worry because it's going to be available online for one week via the Listen Again feature. Mr. Green

The story is set in CERN, the home of the Large Hadron Collider, which today attempted what is described as the most powerful physics experiment in history. The Radio 4 website features an article on the use of CERN in science fiction, including this episode of Torchwood.

Synopsis for Lost Souls
Torchwood go to Geneva where Martha Jones, ex-time traveller, is now working as a doctor for a UNIT task force at the world’s biggest physics laboratory, CERN. Deep in an underground tunnel, a giant particle accelerator is about to be activated for the first time. But something strange is happening. Scientists are hearing voices and collapsing with a strange illness. Is something lurking in the underground tunnel? Do the dead ever really stay dead?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I myself have yet to listen to the radio episode. I missed it being brodcast this afternoon due to being at a special lunch with friends at a Chinese restaurant to celebrate my new job! Wink Ah yes, good times indeed. Especially when it's an "All You Can Eat for £5" restaurant. Very Happy

So without further ado, I present to you:

Torchwood: Lost Souls.
The Jinja Zombie
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Master wrote:
I didn't think anyone on here would be interested in a radio episode.

And there I was thinking that you reported everything. Wink Anyway, most people probably weren't that interested in the Doctor Who Prom, either.

In other news, I should be getting the three new Who books (New Series) and a Torchwood audiobook (Hidden) in about a week. If I remember, maybe I'll post my opinions of them here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: