FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

 
 ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NFL and College Football
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lego Apple



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Location: Behind the Mayonaise, to the left of the coleslaw, right of the potato salad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really care for the Will Ferrel, Adam Sandler, and giant pigeon commercials. That was what I was really hoping for. I just have to remain patient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie Typo
Undead!


Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda liked the FedEx commercial... But the GoDaddy.com ones were whack. Rolling Eyes
_________________
This post was only a test.
In the event of an actual emergency, the post would have been a lot more foolish.

Proud member of the AFEC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
strwrs429



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it came down to it, I'd have to go with the bud light invention of the wheel one as the best commercial. "Bottle opener suck!"
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Xeta



Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Location: SWG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Talking Stain and Pepsi MAX commercial. The head movements hurt your neck though. Laughing
_________________
...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strwrs429



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of these commercials were as good as last year though. I remember the rock, paper, budlight one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
monsterbrick



Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Location: bottom left on your map

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I thought the Pats coach Bill Whatshisface showed terrible sportsmanship by leaving the field early.
_________________
Play well or go home early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theZombieAbides
Undead!


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: On the Outer Rim of the Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monsterbrick wrote:
Well I thought the Pats coach Bill Whatshisface showed terrible sportsmanship by leaving the field early.

I totally agree. His behavior during the game was downright embarrassing. First there was his pull the red flag out for that "12 men on the field" call. What BS that was. The dude was running OFF the field, and was pretty much off. It's not like he was involved in the play in any way. Bush League. And then there was his tirade at the end of the game when there was 1 second left. Just let it go dude. You lost. Deal with it, and quit being such a whiney, poor sport.

I have to say I really enjoyed the game. I still don't know HOW Eli somehow managed to escape that sack and then complete a 45 yard pass. From that point on, there was no sitting down for me. I was on my feet in anticipation, as I'm sure everyone watching was. What an ending! It couldn't have been better if it had been a made-for-TV Disney movie!

Oh, and for the record, Conan O'Brian was the only late night host to call it correctly. It just goes to prove the validity of the Turtles-on-rockets-deciding-the-Superbowl theory. Next time you'll know Smile
_________________
With common principles to the next level - Brrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnss........


Last edited by theZombieAbides on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EmperorZombie
Destroyed!


Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Location: Bothell, Wa Favorite member EVER: The Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite commercial was the Budweiser horse and the dog training him to become an official horse, I found it quite inspiring.

-Emperor
_________________
Brickshelf | flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
monsterbrick



Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Location: bottom left on your map

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="theJudeAbides"]
monsterbrick wrote:
Well I thought the Pats coach Bill Whatshisface showed terrible sportsmanship by leaving the field early.

I totally agree. His behavior during the game was downright embarrassing. First there was his pull the red flag out for that "12 men on the field" call. What BS that was. The dude was running OFF the field, and was pretty much off. It's not like he was involved in the play in any way. Bush League. And then there was his tirade at the end of the game when there was 1 second left. Just let it go dude. You lost. Deal with it, and quit being such a whiney, poor sport.

quote]

I wonder if he will be fined.....again?
_________________
Play well or go home early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:
I still don't know HOW Peyton somehow managed to escape that sack


Wait... Peyton and Eli switched durning the game? They sure fooled me, with the video of Peyton in the box watching the game, while Eli was on the field. Wink
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImpairedZombie
Undead!


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
theJudeAbides wrote:
I still don't know HOW Peyton somehow managed to escape that sack


Wait... Peyton and Eli switched durning the game? They sure fooled me, with the video of Peyton in the box watching the game, while Eli was on the field. Wink


Ditto beat me by 15 minutes.


I liked the sobe lizard commercial the best...there were a lot of good ones, but not any /great/ ones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
theZombieAbides
Undead!


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: On the Outer Rim of the Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you guys are talking about... Cool

As for the commercials, the one that had Shaq riding a miniture horse in the Kentucky Derby gave me a chuckle. I also enjoyed the Pepsi Max "What is Love" headbanging commercial, but realize that many of you young ones wouldn't get the reference (There was a classic SNL skit with Will Ferrell).
_________________
With common principles to the next level - Brrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnss........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suuuuure you don't. Wink
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KitFisto007



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Location: You know, I'm not quite sure

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush League?

Wow. The Giants won and you still are hating on the Patriots. You seriously need to chill. He lost the game. He congradulated Tom whatstheircoach and accepted the fact that he did lose. What else do you wanted him to do. Throw a party because the Giants won. Or how about bake cookies for the Giants.

Its amazing that even after they lost, people will never stop until everybody on our roster is dead.

Oh and the "He was almost off the field" doesn't work either. Quit whining because he did the right thing to do. Tom...oh yeah Coughlin, would have done the same thing. I'm sorry that the NFL didn't change the rules based on what you thought was right or wrong.
_________________
What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto007 wrote:


Its amazing that even after they lost, people will never stop until everybody on our roster is dead.



Dude, chill. I think that's taking it a bit far.

Quote:
Oh and the "He was almost off the field" doesn't work either. Quit whining because he did the right thing to do. Tom...oh yeah Coughlin, would have done the same thing. I'm sorry that the NFL didn't change the rules based on what you thought was right or wrong.


I agree. It was obvious they had too many people on the field, I think he knew he could get the ruling if he threw the flag, I think he was just debating whether or not he wanted to. And come on, it's the superbowl, you're gonna do everything you can do to win, even *gasp* crying foul.
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monsterbrick



Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Location: bottom left on your map

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KitFisto007 wrote:


Wow. The Giants won and you still are hating on the Patriots. You seriously need to chill. He lost the game. He congradulated Tom whatstheircoach and accepted the fact that he did lose. What else do you wanted him to do. Throw a party because the Giants won. Or how about bake cookies for the Giants.



I wanted him to stay and stand beside his team while they lost, like teamates are supposed to do. If you are the team leader that is your job. When you step on the playing field you have to realize that someone will win, and someone will lose. Think about how bad Lance Armstrong would look if he got mad and threw his bike on the ground just cuz he was not in first place.

edit: I lost what little respect I had for the pats coach after that.
_________________
Play well or go home early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I watched the whole Superbowl, I thought it was over after Eli's last score, so I went... Err, to the bathroom. I missed the whole "Bill Belichick walking off the field thing". Just saw it on youtube. That's messed up. So you lost, have a little respect, don't just walk away. It was a great game, up until the end, where the coach walked off.

I agree with monsterbrick, it pretty much proves the kind of person he is. At least his team had enough respect to say "Giants were just a better team". I might be wrong, but I don't recall hearing anything from Belichick after he lost.
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Location: Arkansas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit, you do realize that telling people to chill when you're going off like the sorest loser ever doesn't help your case, right?

Fact is, the challenge was straight-out lawyer ball, and most others wouldn't have done it. I've never even heard of challenging to get a penalty called, it had absolutely no bearing on the play. Most coaches in the league wouldn't have done it.

As for the end? No one here has said anything, but I don't think asking a coach to stay on the field through the end of the game isn't too much to ask. It was plainly bad sportsmanship and another in a line of why so many fans don't like him. I have nothing against the pats, but Bellicheck is an patootie. He keeps players listed on the injury list just to hide the cards, his organization was cheating and he didn't so much as apologize, and he ran up the score on too many opponents.
_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zombie147
Undead!


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:
Deal with it, and quit being such a whiney, poor sport.


Well, of course it was bad sportmanship that he left early, but telling him to deal with it? He just missed making history. I don't think he'll get over it that quickly. Some kid complains he lost his pee wee football game, then he should stop being a whiney poor sport. But Belicheck missed playing the perfect season, and becoming one of teh most famous coaches of all time. But, I guess, in the end, it was bad sportmanship.

dW-Are you really complaining about running up the score? should they just stop trying midway through the game because the Dolphins are hurting so badly? My god, I've never heard about anyone complaining about the running up the score before this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theZombieAbides
Undead!


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: On the Outer Rim of the Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dWhisper wrote:
Fact is, the challenge was straight-out lawyer ball.


Quoted for extra truthiness. Basically, the call was based on a technicality, one that Belichick had to check with the refs with first because he wasn't even sure. Its kind of like how in the NBA, the refs often look the other way when players take 3-4 steps before they shoot/pass, even though technically they're only allowed 2. Basically, its a courtesy extended to the players because of mutual respect, with the assumption that the players won't abuse it. Obviously, the players were not abusing it here, so the refs let it go. They only called it because the challenge forced them to.

To be honest, I wasn't even aware that Belichick walked off the field (I was too busy jumping up and down with excitement), but it doesn't surprise me one bit. I mean, are you serious? He deserted his own players, who had worked so hard all year, just because they lost? That's downright shameful. Remember that whole "teamwork" montage the Patriots had at the beginning of the game? The only way that could have been more ironic is if they changed it to "sportsmanlike."

I'm glad Eli and his team won. It teaches the young children watching the game a great lesson about teamwork and hard work. There are so many bad role models in sports today, its nice to see someone who doesn't think they are God's gift to mankind. However, its still sad that none of them can even approach the classyness and style of my childhood hero, Michael Jordan. The world really does need better role models.
_________________
With common principles to the next level - Brrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnss........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had to check with the Refs first? I came in right after the break, and saw him walking back and forth, then he threw the flag. Guess I missed that part. Confused
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zombie147
Undead!


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I don't think what Belicheck did makes the Patriots not function as a team. They function very well as a team. I don't believe it's very ironic at all that that was the theme for the montage. Also, I do not believe what Belicheck did does not affect the actual player's sportsmanship, because so far, I've seen no evidence of them being bad sports.

Also, I totally understand why the Giants are heroes to little kids, and they should be, they were the underdogs. But, Eli? This guy whined and complained so much about being picked by the Chargers when he was a rookie, that he actually got sent to the Giants. Michael Strahan, and all the other players are good role models, but Eli?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theZombieAbides
Undead!


Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Location: On the Outer Rim of the Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetman147 wrote:
Michael Strahan, and all the other players are good role models, but Eli?

I guess I don't know a whole lot about him, but at least he wasn't spouting off all week and sticking his *beep* in a box.
_________________
With common principles to the next level - Brrraaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnss........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Location: Arkansas!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I have complained about running up the score in the NFL. It isn't college, where points scored and strength of schedule matter, just the win and the loss. The Patriots had more than one incident of passing on 4th down, when in field goal range and up double-digit points, to pad the numbers. There's no point, and it's a matter of sportsmanship.

I've complained about it in past years, against my own team (the Cowboys), the Rams, and anyone else that's done it. However... this year, with the Pats, was the first time I've seen so much "Madden Ball." For those that don't get the reference, if you ever play Madden on the Xbox/PSX... you never see your punter get on the field, you just play 4 down ball all game. It's fine in a video game, but just being an patootie in the real deal. And you don't see other coaches doing stuff like that unless there's a damn good reason (the same applies when you go for 2).
_________________
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zombie147
Undead!


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:
Jetman147 wrote:
Michael Strahan, and all the other players are good role models, but Eli?

I guess I don't know a whole lot about him, but at least he wasn't spouting off all week and sticking his *beep* in a box.

Well, if you don't know much about him, you shouldn't say he's a good role model. And what about the whole "Let's wear black because we're attending the Patriot's funeral" thing? That's just a fantastic example for kids. Who exactly are you talking about when you say he wasn't spouting out things and sticking his *bleep* in a box? I don't believe any of the Patriots were talking trash Super Bowl week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
monsterbrick



Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Location: bottom left on your map

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetman147 wrote:
Um, I don't think what Belicheck did makes the Patriots not function as a team. They function very well as a team. I don't believe it's very ironic at all that that was the theme for the montage. Also, I do not believe what Belicheck did does not affect the actual player's sportsmanship, because so far, I've seen no evidence of them being bad sports.


ewww.....Then you should have seen the pats players mocking the chargers on the 50 yard line after the playoff game "last year" in San Diego.. yes when they beat us....they were out there doing Merrimans dance and LT's as well as the Foley shuffle...LT said something about it in an interview (and something to the players).....but I will not quote the interview here.
_________________
Play well or go home early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
strwrs429



Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monsterbrick wrote:
Well I thought the Pats coach Bill Whatshisface showed terrible sportsmanship by leaving the field early.

I think it's just because he doesn't remember what losing is like.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Zombie147
Undead!


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I'm the only one who changed my signature because of the Bet. Falcon Man and KitFisto007 should have "I was wrong and the Patriots lost the Super Bowl in their signatures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zedsier
Undead!


Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Location: Slave I, California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJudeAbides wrote:
I also enjoyed the Pepsi Max "What is Love" headbanging commercial, but realize that many of you young ones wouldn't get the reference (There was a classic SNL skit with Will Ferrell).

Actually wasn't that long ago, I thought it was pretty funny, too. Haddaway is my ring tone. Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZombieAndrew
Undead!


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Tampa, UT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that one too! I haven't seen the skit in ages. Wasn't Jim Carrey in it too?

Edit: Just watched it on youtube, Jim Carrey's in it! Still funny!
_________________
It's time for FBTBForums.net to "Get off my plane". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> The Bantha Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group