FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Respect the Brick, or I will eat your soul.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the general idea already given here BC, so a little redundant and unnecessary... I think both sides need to just ease off and drop it.
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder... we will still eat your soul and inflict a temp-ban if you break the RtB policy. That includes references or pointers to leaked images on other sites.
Big Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should name and shame all of those that fall foul to the rules ... Twisted Evil
dWhisper
99% Evil ® [MOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry... we have a not-so-public list and a Baninator that makes sure they get what's coming to them.
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUESTION: What if I've already sold my soul on eBay, will I be safe from your wrath? Razz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANSWER: Do you really think it would sell? Razz
KungZombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually sold my soul for a french fry while still in middle school. Mmmm, french fry.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll shrink your space-thing in the laundry...
RebelZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His space thing is shrunken already. It's winter, remember? Razz
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curse my horrible typing skills... space-thong. Thinking back though it might be punishing the rest of us more then him.
JediKnight25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to RTB.
ZOMBIE Snaaaake?!
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging by the last topic, it appears that Don Solo really hates RTB policy breakers Wink

Also Known As snake...SNAKE...SNAAAAKE?! on eurobricks
Chief
Frak yeah! [ADMIN]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRIPLE Snaaaake?! wrote:
Judging by the last topic, it appears that Don Solo really hates RTB policy breakers Wink

So do I, as the person who murfled and locked the offending thread Wink
[b:47f5051a03][color=red:47f5051a03]BULLETIN ISSUED SATURDAY 01.31.2009 11:59:59PM PST. ATTENTION ALL CITIZENS: PLEASE READ THIS[/color:47f5051a03][/b:47f5051a03]
knapplZ
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is RTB required reading before registration? If not, it should be. Maybe even just a link to this thread saying, "Read this NOW."
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does say in the CoC description bar that you should read it all, but I don't think anyone does.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Flesh Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did. Though it probably doesn't affect me because I am like the Cincinnati of new lego information (google Mark Twain Cincinnati). I like the article on the front page, it's a shame all the negatives of early released pictures ruin it for others.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't see why it is so hard for people to understand about this. It is so simple, just don't talk about/post anything about leaked info. Rolling Eyes

DeviantART|Brickshelf
DoubleT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Some of you may know me from my dark days, I am not that dark anymore, and if it is okay, here are my thoughts on this topic.

The RTB aren’t a black white thing as some makes it. There are more to the leaks then people thinks.

When a leak come out it creates hype, free hype that is for Lego. Every single company in the world needs to hype there products (maybe not toilet pair company's etc) In the world of marketing hype usually cost alot of money, advertising etc. But Lego gets alot, and I do mean alot of free hype when leaked pictures get online. And trust me Lego is happy for the hype, and are using it.

But Lego has to walk a thin line also regarding Leaks. The Leaks cant come too earlier, for yes a product can become too hyped and then be a let down when its finally out. 10131 (Tie Collection) is good ensample for this, for months people knew about, but nobody knew what it was. So people started guessing and the rumors got out of control, so when the first picture of it came out, it was a big let down for many.

Lego does also want control on what leaks comes out, there by controlling the hype, but at the same time show the other toy producers that they condemn leaks, so there is no legal issue between lets say for example Lego and Hasbro.

Ofcause there is the issue of rivals copying Lego sets, and there by costing Lego money. Yes true it’s always good to know wht your rivals are doing, but then again. Let me use the example, when it gets out that Lego is making Police of Fire sets, then it’s not an question of other companies copying Lego. Next time There is new Police lego, try to tjeck in your local toy store how many other police things there are. Boys loves Police things, and therefore many toy companies will make Police stuff.
When Lego makes new special themes like Power Miners and Space Police, i do understand fully that Lego do not want others to know about them far ahead.

For me its a balance, yes leaks must not come out to early, but then again not too late either.

Lego are getting expensive, just take the new Solar Sail, witch have gotten people angry, not about the set, but for the price. So many Lego fans also want to know what will be out, because they are not rich. Many have to save money for the expensive sets, Death Star etc. So it is nice to know when you’re getting poor.

One last thing I will mention is that Lego and its advertising could be better, true they do advertise on Cartoon Network etc, but always with sets that are out. They need to hype them self, not necessary with pictures but with information in generel. I am Not saying they should reveal the complete 09 list. But like then done once or twice let stuff be on preorder on shopAthome. (And yes I know the toy fairs are soon, and there i must say Lego does a perfect job, both for general buyers of Lego and afols).

Let me be perfectly clear, I agree leaks must not come out too earlier, but not too late either.

To answer the question about blurry photos of leaks. My guess would be that the pictures are ofen taken by cell phones, from retail catalogues. And cell phones are not as good as "real" cameras.

Most admins of a Lego website knows what well be out, so they do not need the "leaks", but many afols do not have the same opportunity. There for there is a demand for knowledge, but the publics demand for knowledge is huge, so I do know Lego has a tuff job, doing the “right” things.

To administrators of fbtb.net this topic is not a attack on this website, but just how I see things, from what I have learned over the years.

Respect the Brick? Well I Love the Brick :0)
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting point of view.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
ZombieEighty-Oh
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I totally agree with TT regarding RTB and loving the Brick rather than respecting it, but it's not my place to question the administrators and the policies of the website.
Join the Clone Army Builders Guild, and pay your fair share! I do! (when they make me)
Grand Zombie
Unpleh'd!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pluhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: