FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Respect the Brick, or I will eat your soul.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know what all The People want or don't want?
I'm a personal and personally I could care less if I have to wait to talk about the new sets.

DeviantART|Brickshelf

Last edited by DestructiveZombie on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
CommanderJake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awkward Chewbacca wrote:
No one is going to want to talk about the new sets when they come out, cuse there will be nothing to talk about! people want to hear what they are gonna be like now, not when they come out. If you people ran a store you would go bankrupt in a week!

But the point is is that we DON'T run a store, and anyway I feel to see what that has to do with anything. If you're so desperate to discuss the 2008 leaked pictures, go to Eurobricks, or start your wn forum, invite everyone from fbtb over and discuss them to your heart's content...

And also bear in mind that the dealers catalogs may still have the prototype images. So even if we discuss the sets to death now, there might be changes next year. And then we can spawn another hundred thousand threads about that. Lot's of people have said that if you don't like it here, you're not bound to this place, the door is unlocked. I'm not by any means asking you to leave, but I'm saying that others will, and if you keep up the whole anti RTB tirade then you may be forced out, and banned...

So just cool it and rethink your actions, perhaps? Smile
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akward Chewbacca wrote:
No one is going to want to talk about the new sets when they come out, cuse there will be nothing to talk about! people want to hear what they are gonna be like now, not when they come out. If you people ran a store you would go bankrupt in a week!

Also just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you can change the rules by arguing against them. You can't change the laws that the government sets out, it's the same here. Whether you like them or not they are their for a reason, and won't be leaving any time soon.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
TurkGuy19
Anime Figure Flickr Floodr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Akward Chewbacca, thank you for making this one of the funniest topics in the LEGO Star Wars forum. Good Job ::D:

Anyway, seriously, you're being an idiot, a n00b, and whatever stupid word I don't feel like thinking of. For one, no one will ever take you seriously when you act like a little kid (which you are). For another, just because respected members complain about something, it doesn't mean that it will be changed or should be changed. Right now, it seems you're the only person to have a huge problem with RtB, and so I don't see why there is a problem with it. If you can't handle the policy, leave. Period. No one will miss you, especially when you act like a child, the community will move on, and eveyone else will continue to RtB.

Oh, and WOO!! For the Nazi MOD and ADMINS Wink

Last edited by TurkGuy19 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lego123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This website has A lego administrator he will tell us when the pics have been officaly relesed what they look like and stuff Rolling Eyes
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, we have a LEGO rep who is a MOD here. He answers our questions about LEGO. I don't think he tells when news sets are released.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Duchessa
The Queen [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a popularity contest. The mods&admins all agree that the RtB-policy needed to be enforced, and that's what we're trying to do.

Just because some of us doesn't post as much, that doesn't mean that we don't read what's being said. And it certainly doesn't mean that we disagree with other staff members job here. Personally, I really don't like the amount of crap that dWhisper had to put up with just because he had more time to enforce the rules that I (and some of the other mods) have.

You don't have to like the CoC and RtB-policies. But you have to respect them. If not, then there's plenty of other places out there that might suit you better.
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akward Chewbacca wrote:
Well, I would rather talk about sets in their final version once they come out than look at poor-quality scans of prototype sets that are going to change before it comes out. I don't know about you, but talking about something that isn't final as if it were is pretty dumb.
stormtrooper16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I still think the pictures of the 2008 sets are official. and I think it is stupid that you can't talk about them, so I feel for Akward Chewbacca.
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't saying they aren't official, mearly that they should't be posted/rambled on about as we respect LEGO. That's right. We respect the company that has done so much for us. LEGO has given us over a hundred great sets, so why not show a little respect back their way?

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2008 pictures are unofficially official, and I don't like RTB at all either, but it is a rule and rules are rules, so...Pooey.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormtrooper16 wrote:
well I still think the pictures of the 2008 sets are official.
Have they been found on an official LEGO site, an official Star Wars site, or at a LEGO-sanctioned event? No? Then they're not official. Sorry.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I still think this is an official model, so... Wink Just Kidding!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net

Last edited by Clonecommando007 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, the one that's been confirmed as a MOC. Sure it's official. Rolling Eyes
stormtrooper16

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found The pictures on www.brickset.com I think it is an official website, because they get some money for the lego sets you buy on www.lego.com
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormtrooper16 wrote:
I found The pictures on www.brickset.com I think it is an official website, because they get some money for the lego sets you buy on www.lego.com
And I found this here.
dWhisper
99% Evil [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or... you could scroll down to the bottom of the page on Brickset.com...

Quote:
This site is not sponsored, endorsed or authorised by The LEGO Group

Official means something that is directly released by LEGO to consumers to promote, market, or model sets. That means that dealer's catalogs (the ones in question) are right out. They're not intended for consumers at all, but for the buyers that make the back-end of retail work. LEGO has even said they were leaked and prototypes. No amount of wishing the other way will change these facts.

And, for the record... posting a site and saying "you can search for it" or similar actions is also against RtB.
Duchessa
The Queen [MOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Brickset and Lugnet are websites that list Lego set. They aren't official Lego websites. Neither is FBTB.
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This site is not sponsored, endorsed or authorised by The LEGO Group.

All images used on this site are (c) the LEGO Group.

Brickset is hosted by Northstar Computer Systems.

It clearly states that it is NOT part of the Lego company.

EDIT: dWhisper beat me to it

DeviantART|Brickshelf
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I agree with the Mods and Admins. I may want to know about future sets and there are other places for that.

But if you really do like LEGO you will respect the policy here, and you weren't forced to join. The mods and Admin's also by that same token don't have to keep the site running, but they love LEGO and discussing what is officially out and what people are making with it. So we should respect them for helping us all stay connected and keeping our forums clean and smooth running.

thirdly most sites with the "scans" now say this
Quote:
LEGO have asked the images to be removed.

So let's do us all a favor and wait, it's hard sure, but I'm sure it'll be worth it, and if you really can't go elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the RTB-Rule is very good, and I wished other sites would have such a rule as well. I don't need leaked pictures from a scanned dealer's catalogue somewhere hosted on a foreign website, which might put a lot of spyware into my computer when I open it.

There are so many great sets just released a few days/weeks before, why do you need to discuss sets which will be released sometime next year? Discuss the great sets which are recently released!

FlickrBrickshelf
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'm still a noob to this site and even I get why the RTB is in place. Honestly I don't see what the hub-bub is about. Some people are complaining because they can't post pics of future sets from a dealers catalog that aren't even the bloody finished product. I can't even begin to point out all the flaws in those arguments.

If you really want to talk about those sets fine, look at the leaked pictures and then come back in a few months and discuss once the official pics of the sets have been released. There's bound to be plenty of discussion to be had. Discussion of what's been changed can encompass a few pages alone. So lack of discussion once they are released I think not.

I honestly have no sympathy for those that are actually vehemently complaining about the RTB. This is exactly the same kind of crock I have to deal with on the anime site I'm a mod at. So why can't some of you be like other members who don't like the RTB but still accept it's part of the rules.

A rant I know and sorry but some of the arguments made by Awkard Chewbacca and those that are complaining about the RTB are just childish.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
Big Cam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even read this thread (except for the first post) and the reason I didn't is because I don't want to hear all the complaining.

I respect this policy and have since I joined just a few months ago.

Why can't people wait till LEGO announces something, it's not like you can buy it any sooner.

We have a freakin LEGO rep on our site!! Who want's to screw that up?!?!

I say get over it and enjoy this FREE site!
Hoover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I know it's been said, but wtfh, grow the hell up and stop whining.
Whether you like it or not, it's here for a perfectly good, fair reason. If you don't like it and are not going to abide by it, then do leave. The rest of us are good enough to respect it, and read it, because quite frankly I doubt half the people here have. I think it's more than resonable to go by this policy, and generally follow the rules of a place you are allowd to stay, even if it is on the internet.

And seriously, which ever retard dared to call the [MOD]s and [ADMIN]s nazis should be banned either for a short period or forever, what the hell are you thinking using that word.
Darth Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swoosh Factor wrote:
HJR wrote:
...snip. And that's a pity, because the site has a much better potential.

Potential for what? Potential to have thirty pages of blithering crap about speculation and rumors where for every concrete shred of shred of proof there's a dozen lies [etc].

So according to this, catalog images fall under this umbrella of "lies?"
James P. Zomblton
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he means things like the Imperial Dropship MOC and how it was blown out of proportion and touted as real even though it wasn't.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battle Angel Alita wrote:
DS: I don't get why RtB as a "Policy" cannot be challenged.
It has been unanimously decided by the staff, and it's for the benefit of the site. You can disagree, but know you're the minority and lots of attitude and disrespect towards the staff will get nothing accomplished.

Akward Chewbacca wrote:
no one cares about disscussing current sets that much
No - just because you don't care about discussing current sets doesn't mean no one else does. When I got rid of all the threads in violation of the policy last night, do you know how many were deleted? One. That's it. Obviously that's not the core of the site, or anywhere close to it.
Akward Chewbacca wrote:
if it wernt for, well i cant even talk about them now, talking about 2008 sets, i wouldnt come here ever.
I hope more than anything else that's the truth.
Akward Chewbacca wrote:
Why dont you just copy and paste the entire lego site on here, cuse thats what its turning in to. you guys are nazis.
Wow, telling you not to talk about unreleased toys is on par with slaughtering thousands of people? You've got a seriously ****ed up mind if you really think that.
Akward Chewbacca wrote:
Aside from the 12 year old calling me a "n00b" which isn't even a word.
In fact... it's more of a word than most of what you manage to type. In light of your recent activity though, I'd classify you more as a troll.

It's clear you don't like this place due to our policies, and it doesn't seem like you've made a whole lot of friends in your short stay. Further more, the only thing you seem to be interested in is now clearly defined as not allowed. So I'll just say it: leave. Please. You can stick around posting more ill conceived tripe about how mean the staff is but you're probably just going to end up banned anyways - so save us all the trouble and go sign up on a different forum where you can over analyze the crappy leaked pics to your hearts content. You will not be missed.

Oh, and Darth Andrew- Obviously not as we all knew those were catalog images. Rolling Eyes
Darth Andrew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get that impression from Swoosh's post.
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, seemed clear to me that known leaked images were under the other category because they're obviously not lies.
babyjawa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don wrote:
I'd classify you more as a troll...

The thing I find funny is that you call him a troll, yet you guys just keep on "feeding" him. Even mature members say that you shouldn't feed them, but even they do! Once something is said more than 3 times, there is no point in saying it 7 more times. Rolling Eyes If your sick of him/her/it... talking about it, ignore his/her/its posts and the topics he/she/it... posts in.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> LEGO Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: