FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5482 Ultimate LEGO House Building Set review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: 5482 Ultimate LEGO House Building Set review Reply with quote

(Sorry- I got this set several months ago and didn't really think to get pictures)
I'm not sure what the popularity of these brick buckets are when it comes to AFOLs/TFOLs, but I actually kind of like them to some extent.

Being a town builder, part of the reason I got this set was for the bulk amounts of normal rectangular bricks and roof slopes (You can never have neough of those when building a town). There's also a nice selection of doors and windows.

One thing that bothered me though (And is somtimes common in these buckets) was the lack of minifigs.
I don't really dig the 'box people' that are used to replace them, but I suppose they're there to show kids you don't need X part to build an X model.

The instructions are have lots of inspiration pages that gave me a few ideas when building my town I posted here not long ago.
The best model in the instructions is the trailer house. It just looks so dern realistic!

Overall, a nice set if you're looking for something to expand your town with, and also reccomended for kids with many colors and simple building instructions.

Now for the ratings.

Ratings (on a scale of 1 to 10):

Parts: 7/10 (Most are for houses and not much else)
Minifigs: 0/10 (No minifigs)
Detail: 6/10 (As I mentioned, some of the models are pretty realistic)
Playability: 6/10
Price to parts: 9/10 (674 for $24.99 can't be wrong!)
OVERALL RATING: 8/10

Thanks for reading!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: