FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Show off your action figure collection 8)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Show off your action figure collection 8) Reply with quote

So...

Lately I've become very interested (ok, ok obsessed) with SW action figures. Mainly, it's because it's amazing what they can do with a tiny action figure. I especially like it when they have cute little details on belts and good sculpting.

As of now, my collection is small. I only have Saga Legends (most of these are repacks of previous versions) Darth Vader (the one with open hands), Shocktrooper, Obi-Wan Kenobi (pilot version) and C-3PO from the Saga Collection.

I remember seeing someone's impressive collection in some other thread, but I couldn't find it by searching. Hopefully that member will post a pic of his collection again Razz

Please show us your collections here!

『 <3 』
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the older thread for action figures collections, but I like this one better because your post sounds a lot better than how that one started. ::D:

I have quite a few, and in fact I'm selling off a lot of my clones. But here's a couple shots of those before some got sold. Aside from that, I've still got a good lot of Jedi in a box somewhere, and a bunch of assorted others... but the ones I'm keeping are my astromechs. I got 'em all. This picture sums it up, though it's out of date by now. I could probably add a whole new row at the back with my latest additions. Then, of course, I have all the R2s (though I'm still catching up with the newest ones so I'm a few short and some I haven't photographed yet).

But yeah, the detail they manage to pack into these little $6 toys is impressive at times. They're fun to photograph.
Zombie Hawk
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
Well, here's the older thread for action figures collections, but I like this one better because your post sounds a lot better than how that one started. ::D:

I took that offensive. Wink

Anyways, I've got a good size collection; I'll post pics ASAP.
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful collection of droids, DonSolo!

I would like to concentrate on buying Clone Wars characters. The one I want really bad is Yoda on Kybuck. I hope I can find it in stores and avoid buying it online for almost double its actual price.

『 <3 』
Reaper

Location: Dwelling in the darkness making goofy faces at everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well took some pics today of my meager little collection.

Thought I'd have some fun with my droids.
Attack of the Clones?

Da rest of da pics

I've got a few more figs uhh just don't know where since they're packed away somewhere in my room.
Although the list of the MIA is as follows (all Kenner figs by the way): Hoth Luke, Pilot Luke, Death Star Trooper, Tie Pilot, Hoth Trooper.

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clone collection Cool
Those Sandtroopers = pretty Smile

It would be nicer if you could have some lighting when taking your photos so that we can get a clearer view of your figs.

『 <3 』
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup the new Hasbro sandtrooper doesn't hold anything compared to my old Kenner. Although more poses would be nice.

At the time I shot, the lighting in my room made using the flash pretty much pointless. Everything I shot with the flash just came out as blobs, sort of like a seriously out of focus pic. Plus I was kinda too excited to get the photos shot. I'll re-take the pics next round of photos I take. Which probably will be next time I build something or buy the next fig (which might be an EP2 clone if it's still at Rite Aid when I go back).

"You are fortunate, my enemy. You have paid the price but once. I never stop paying."-Cursed Ronin. MTG
brownie69yov3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well lets see what pix I have but from my last count I have the following

roughly 30-40 Ep.II figures on Cardback

Roughly 30-40 Ep.III figures on Cardback ( i know i have most of the line)

I am up to date on all of the 30th Anniversary line, not including Sagas, however i did pick up the saga legends Boba, and Fan Choice Sandtrooper. This includes all of the Mcquarrie's up to date (3x Storm Troopers, 3x Boba Fetts, 3X Chewbaccas, 3x CIV exlusive R2D2 and C3P0 two pack, 3x CIV exclusive Luke Skywalker, and 2x Comic Con Exclusive Obi-Wan and Yoda)

CIII Exclusive Vader

Special silver painted Boba Fett ( the one on the black cardback) signed by Jermey Bulloch to me, obviously worth nothing to anyone else, but I don't plan on selling.

I have some galactic heros on cardback, and the Ep.V Bounty Hunter in box.

Action Fleet Tie Advanced Electronic hand signed by Ralph Mcquarrie

Sneak Peek Ep.I Stap signed by concept Artist Doug Chaing

Unleashed Ep.III Chewbacca on cardback

I am sure there are more but ill try and get some pix up. It works out to be about 100 some figures on cardback. but yeah between legos and the figures my money is spread pretty thin...better watch myself ha

br()wnie
zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, you got Fan Choice figs? With the gold coins, right?

That's awesome. I really want Boba Fett from the Legends line, but I never see him at stores. I might have to order online...though I seriously hate paying the shipping and handling.

Today, I went to TRU and bought a Galactic Marine. There were at least 10 of them on the pegs and they're from wave 1. I went to TRU looking for wave 5 - namely Yoda & Kybuck, but no luck.

『 <3 』
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection has grown a lot since I last posted pics. I have work tomorrow, but I'll take some new pics later this week! Smile
brownie69yov3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i purchased the Fan's choice in the legends line, not the regular 30th Anniversary wave that I am actually collecting.

The Yoda and Kybuck probably won't hit shelves for atleast another month or so considering this newest wave, which i believe is 4 or 5? (Animated Boba Fett, McQ Vader, Cantina Etc) is having a hard time popping up, I have been looking everywhere, and all I was able to find was the new Luke in Jedi Garb from Ep. VI. But just to let people now they are trickling in, just not as quickly as I hoped. Oh and I might be trying to get some McQuarrie bundles up, I have all of them so far, except for the newest vader, of course, so thats just a thought.

*newest addition- Starwarsshop.com exclusive Warren Fu Concept Grevious

Happy hunting
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man you're lucky, I haven't found a single one of those McQuarrie figs. I really want that Boba.

Anyways got me a 30th edition EP. II Clonetrooper. He currently lays dead on my printer after being ambushed by several mini BD's. ::D:

No pics too tired from classes.

zombacho
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's too bad Reaper.

I came across a McQuarrie Chewbacca last Sunday, but I didn't buy it cuz it was so ugly. I would rather save the money to buy a better figure. And plus, I tend to buy only the characters that appear on screen.

『 <3 』
General Veers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to find a Mcquarrie Stormie.

Cursed wal-mart must be hiding it from me Wink
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend I found a McQuarrie Boba Fett with the Galactic Hunt gold coin, and a McQuarrie Vader, and a 30th Anniversary Boba Fett. I really like Boba and Vader.

I just got a new Sony camera, so I'll be able to take some good pictures of my collection!

Anyway, since I'm not "allowed" to buy toys anymore, my parents allowed me to return three figures to Wal*Mart that I bought a few weeks ago before the new rule, so I can keep the McQuarrie figures and Boba. Smile
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally took some pics of my EP II clone

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12409138@N08/1547145474/in/photostream/

Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find McQuarrie Boba! In related news, I just picked up the Saga Legends one with the collector's coin thingy. It's pretty slick, seeing as I got it for 4.99, I might buy another and keep it MISB for no reason.
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never found the McQuarrie Fett either... but I did get one of the animated style ones. Liked the colorscheme.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonSolo wrote:
I never found the McQuarrie Fett either... but I did get one of the animated style ones. Liked the colorscheme.

Yeah, I'm getting that just because it's Boba. Only 8 bucks, plus it doesn't look that bad. I'm enjoying posing my Saga Legends one, I haven't really bought any action figures for a long time (probably like 5-6 years when I got a Jango I think), so it's pretty intense to pose around and do crazy stuff with.

But I really want the McQuarrie one.
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my Yoda and Kybuck online @ Walmart.com and I got the new Tattooed Nelvaan Anakin (from the Clone Wars cartoon series) @ Hasbrotoyshop.com for a little over $5 hahahha. I used a special code and it gave me free shipping and 25% off. Awesome deal.

I do know that the code doesn't work anymore - 25Fall

『 <3 』
ZombieAndrew
Undead!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the McQuarrie Fett, but I still favor the Legends on more. I'm getting the animated one next. I was just happy to find the McQuarrie Fett, but the gold coin made it a little more awesome. Smile

I also was able to sneek in the Tantive IV BP, Episode I Battle Droids, and 4-Lom. He's pretty neat.

On that note, I lost my Rebel Trooper figure, somewhere... Confused
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's not really action figures, but maybe my question fits into this thread:
Today I got my very first Titanium Die Cast models (till now I only had Lego or Revell models). They look fantastic! But my question: Can I remove the box? Or does the general collector collect them in the original box?

FlickrBrickshelf
Reaper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi it's really up to you to decide. Are you the type of collector that likes to keep your things MISP or Mint in sealed package or do you want to display them(maybe swoosh them every now and then)

If a then keep it in the box or if b, rip that sucker open and display it in all it's glory.

ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer Reaper.
I think I prefer option b Smile

FlickrBrickshelf
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's most of my Storm/Clone trooper army, tucked away in the corner. I've got a bunch more Hasbro and Kenner stuff, but nothing really organized, except for some mint-on-card stuff in another room. I fell into the "I MUST HAVE ONE OF EVERY CLONE" trap.

Here they are...
Aonther pic
Confused
ZombieSolo
... eats you all. [zMOD]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I hate that trap... I fought hard to pull myself out and now I'm still trying to get rid of my clones. Nice collection though!
General Veers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fell into the "I must have every lego set trap". I'm pretty content at the bottom of my hole.

But I have..... around 5 figures!
I might take pics later.
Raptor Fun Fact #73- The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which is made of evil.

So long everyone, my flight's leaving soon.
Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sweet collection Gir. I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Green Clone Commander when I had the chance.

Oh procured a Red EPII clone awhile back. Man I love that guy to death. He's become second in the line after my red clone commander for fav clone figs.

ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need some of the Sideshow 12' Figures. They look so amazingly real from pictures.

FlickrBrickshelf
ZombieAndi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nacho, let me steal your first sentence in this thread Wink
Lately I've become very interested (ok, ok obsessed) with SW action figures.

Today - I am now 32 years old, Star Wars is 30 years old - I got my very first action figure!
I got it in a shop in Frankfurt, unfortunately they had not many in stock, but I found a nice one.
It's from Hasbro's 30th Anniversary collection - C-3PO with Salacious Crumb plus a silver coin.
I love it, it's so detailed.

FlickrBrickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Star Wars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: