FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7660 Naboo N-1 Fighter and Vulture Droid Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: 7660 Naboo N-1 Fighter and Vulture Droid Review Reply with quote

Reviews for this set should all go in the one thread:
http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=21097

Hello all, this is my first review and I sadly don't have any pictures to share, but I'm sure by now most people know what the set looks like.

Ok first thing is first:
the Construction.
It was a fairly simple and straight forward build, but I didn't expect it to be anything else. The main thing I didn't like was STICKERS Mad There were a couple of stickers that were tricky to put on very well, like the ones on the sides of the window.

Finished model
The finished model obviously is two different ships. The main ship, being the Naboo Fighter, is very similar to the Naboo Special Edition set from a few years ago. But with no chrome and an actual cockpit. The front half of the ship is very nice looking and accurate to the real ship. Though the area were R2 is doesn't look that great. I really don't like how R2 is sideways. I also like the boarding ramp they included with the fighter.

The vulture droid looks similar to the blue vulture droid we got in the Episode3 set; "Anakin's JediStarfighter and Vulture Droid" This is the 3rd version of the Vulture droid/droid fighter and is definatly the best out of them so far in my opinion. I really like how the neck was built to allow the head to come up and move around. I also really like how the wings were built. It's much better looking/real looking then the past versions. Though I really dislike the stupid flick missles.

The Mini Figs.
In this set you get 3 mini figs. 2 new figs 9which is great) those two being Fleshy young Anakin, and Naboo Pilot. And 1 old fig that is in almost every other StarWars set. That obvioulsy being R2.
Anakin looks better now that he is short, and with a better looking face and he actually has hair. Though the hair looks kinda funny on him, its very big on him, but its not a huge deal.
The main reason I actually bought this set was for the Naboo Pilot. (I already own all the other N1's)Though it has a generic smily face, the body of the fig is very nicely done. I always love getting new figures. Expesally troops or background characters. Though I think he should have a gun personally, the Y-wing pilot has one, why not him?

Parts: 8/10
Minifigs: 10/10
Detail: 9.5/10
Playability: 10/10
Price to parts: 8/10
OVERALL RATING: 8/10
Over all it was a pretty good set. Would be better if I never owned the Special Edition N1. But it's a HUGE improvement over the original '99 version.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
Jedd the Zombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mum just got it for me yesterday! I'll get around to putting it together this afternoon or so. Great review, I'm really looking forward to building it now. However, aren't you suppose to post this review in the existing thread for the set?

><>
DestructiveZombie
Undead!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O I am? If I was, then sorry Embarassed I'm new to this Review posting thing.

DeviantART|Brickshelf
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: