FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Disappeared"/Sold Out/"Undead" Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: "Disappeared"/Sold Out/"Undead" Thread Reply with quote

I figured that a thread to let people know that a particular set was potentially on it's way to obscurity might be a good idea. Sort of a "get 'em while they last" kind of thing. With that in mind:

4953 Fast Flyers is officially "Sold Out" at Shop@Home - US. For now, anyway...there's always the chance it could pop up again.

Edit - The Categories:

"Disappeared" - refers to those sets that have vanished, inexplicably from Shop@Home's web site

"Sold out" - refers to those sets that are still listed on Shop@Home with a "sold out" status

"Undead"- refers to sets that were previously listed as "sold out" or "call to check product availability" but are now listed as "available" or "available for back order will ship by X"

Other tips:
As a courtesy, be sure when posting a recent change in the status of an item that you specify which country the Shop@Home site you looked at applies to.

The original intent of this thread was to track the status of items at Shop@Home only with the notion that Shop@Home is probably the seller with the most direct relationship to LEGO production runs. Casual mentions of "set X was no longer on the shelf at retailer Y" are fine, but it seems more feasible to me to track the status at Shop@Home and then wait for trickle-down effect rather than try to monitor every retailer that sells LEGO.

Last edited by ZombieDraykov on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:44 pm; edited 14 times in total
AJ.Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the point? Well for instance (I think this is what you're asking), the AT-RT is sold out, but that's old news.
Recon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea for a thread. Sometimes I wait to long to buy certain sets.....like this one, fast flyers.

Jer

http://www.mybrickshelf.com
My Life:
http://maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=87672
My random acts of stupidity
http://www.hummertuff.com
AJ.Z

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it to help poeple out by reminding them the sold out or close to "disappeared?"
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ.Z wrote:
So is it to help poeple out by reminding them the sold out or close to "disappeared?"

More or less...in this case, if you haven't bought Fast Flyers yet and you want it, it might be better to find it at your local LEGO retailer soon than wait or you run the risk of missing out on it altogether. 4953 in particular is a fairly new set...I don't know that it's even been out a year. LEGO Shop@Home traditionally marks items that are out of stock (yet still in production) as "backorder" yet this one is "sold out", implying that it might not be coming back to Shop@Home at all.
lotus10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good initiative Draykov!

That was fast: 4953 came out last January!
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find this rather pointless....any serious buyers would not use S@H as their only port of call....ebay, brickshelf, hell even just a google search....
SW Lego Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
any serious buyers would not use S@H as their only port of call....ebay, brickshelf, hell even just a google search....

Are you fricken kidding me... any smart collector would use S&H any day over Ebay or Bricklink... Lego sells for retail, there is no mark up like what is found on Ebay and Bricklink... and if the item is discontinued or about to be discontinued you can bet your a$$ that you will be paying thru the wa-zoo on Ebay or Bricklink for it...

I am a serious collector and I rely heavily on S&H... crappy stores like TRU or Wally World are usless when looking for SW Lego...

OT:

I think this is a good idea, some what of a warning to people to grab it while you can...
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gees louise! Lego Nerd i think u missed the key word in my point being ONLY....ONLY port of call.
imperialshadows

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea for a thread. Maybe what we need is a stickied "Shop at Home" thread with both things appearing and disappearing. Catch them coming and going and consolidate all of the "there's a sale" and "<set> just listed!" theads into one solid source of information.

Oh, and as a rule, I only buy exclusive sets from S@H. I fully expect to buy Hoth and the Republic Cruiser from them as opposed to Toys R Us, both because of availability and possibly price. Only chance that will change is if I happen to be in a store, they have what I want, and they haven't jacked the price like usual. Otherwise, it's straight from LEGO for me. At least that should guarantee it hasn't been tampered with either.

Dark and Menacing

Please check out my Brickshelf Gallery. It is your DESTINY.
JPCJedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, anyway, the 6212's gone. I assume the lack of ruckus about it is due to the set's inclusion in the TRU Luke maquette co-pack.
lotus10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debate about point of purchase misses the key issue: an item sold out on S@H will have repercussions everywhere.

1) Retailers (like TRU, Walmart, small stores, etc.) won't be able to order some more. So if you want that set and you see it on a shelf, be mindful that time is running out.

2) The secondary market (like Ebay, Bricklink, etc.) will sooner or later realize the new scarcecity of that set, so you can expect prices to usually rise.

That's why this thread is useful. It helps us to manage availability and budgets (or lack thereof)! Wink
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
i find this rather pointless....any serious buyers would not use S@H as their only port of call....ebay, brickshelf, hell even just a google search....

lotus10 has highlighted the point for you.

Take a second to look at it from a "big picture" perspective. A set being out of stock with the "sold out" status at Shop@Home is very often indicative of it's being out of production (or very nearly so). Normally, when a set is out of stock temporarily at Shop@Home, it's given a backorder status. Surely, you realize that once LEGO stops producing a product, it's availability at MSRP is affected in more places than just Shop@Home.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a great idea and will be very useful, despite what some members might thing.

Back on topic, wow... that was fast! Shocked

Ever since the Episode III sets, LEGO has been pretty unpredictable when it comes to when a set will be taken out of production.

Bricklink | Brickshelf | QuéLUG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, Fast Flyers already! I was actually planning on getting one, just because it's only 20 bucks and has some decent pieces I could use. But I dunno if my local Target has any more...

*chews fingernails ferociously*

Wink Thanks for the heads up, D-Dawg, I think I'll go to TRU sometime soon.
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Junsier wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, D-Dawg

Werd. Smile
SWLegoFanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sort of dove-tails into something I was thinking of. I was @ my local lego store on Tuesday, and I saw a TON of this particular set. I'll be heading back there this weekend. I'd be willing to pick up the set for anyone who is looking for it. I'd only ask for cost (covering any paypal fees) + shipping priority mail.

I know with other types of collectibles, members keep their eys open for other members and when they do "toy runs", they pick stuff up and either trade or only ask for the cost plus shipping.

So, if anyone is looking for this set and can't find it @ S@H, I'd be willing to snatch it up for you when I go to the Lego shop. I think this is one of the wonderful things about sharing a common interest in this stuff--people helping out others. Smile
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I just got one from TRU. It was the last on the shelf, but I think they have more in "the room back yonder".
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Just noticed the 6212 X-wing is "sold out" as well. That was a pretty short lifespan if you ask me. Oh well...at least I got one when the set first came out Wink .
ZombieDraykov
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't notice it until just now, but both Avatar sets have been removed from the site completely. Like ya didn't see that comin'. Still, I'm surprised they didn't go on sale on the site...I doubt they actually ran out.
Zedsier
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for letting me know, I was always putting off getting the set, phew, just in time.
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bump*

Ok, I was just browsing through shop@home, and it says to "call and check product availability" on the 6206 Tie Interceptor. For those of you who want one of these, this might be your last chace, so hurry!!!
neutron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ben Kenobi wrote:
*Bump*

Ok, I was just browsing through shop@home, and it says to "call and check product availability" on the 6206 Tie Interceptor. For those of you who want one of these, this might be your last chace, so hurry!!!

good find. I needed at least one more of these...

Well, I called LS@H and they say its sold out.

So I quick checked Bricklink and got one for $16 New and sealed which should even out after shipping to regular price.
Gumby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the LEGO S@H site, any idea why some items remain but get the "Sold Out" status, whereas other items simply disappear?
Big Cam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gumby wrote:
On the LEGO S@H site, any idea why some items remain but get the "Sold Out" status, whereas other items simply disappear?
probably the sold out items have a chance of stock refilling up. The others are gonners
Zombie Sillyus
Undead!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Creator/Fast Flyers
I noticed that many sets from the Aug '06 & Jan '07 waves of Creator sets haven't been restocked at TRU (or anywhere else) up here in Canada since they came out. And it's too bad! Lego's been on a roll with some great Creator sets, but blink & you'll miss them! They turn that theme around very quickly. Too bad about F.Flyers- looks great to me.

Also the very cool Mythical Creatures went on clearance back in the spring, while the terrific Prehistoric Power disappeared after Christmas. (MC is gone from S@H & PP is sold out.) I haven't seen a Cool Cars at retail since spring but i know it's still on S@H. And the stock of Mini Pods has dwindled down to almost nothing here. Just a few Gorilla & Robot ones at most stores.
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neutron wrote:
Big Ben Kenobi wrote:
*Bump*

good find. I needed at least one more of these...

Well, I called LS@H and they say its sold out.

So I quick checked Bricklink and got one for $16 New and sealed which should even out after shipping to regular price.

Independant dealers can no longer order the 6206 TIE-Interceptor, so I guess it's another sign that this set is on its way out.

So if you don't own it yet and come across one at retail price, better grab it now before it's too late.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dazombie
ZOMGpire!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this was mentioned before in another thread, but it seems like the 6207 A-wing set is now gone from LEGO's Shop at Home website.

This only adds to the signs that the 6206 TIE-Interceptor is on its way out, since both sets were released at about the same time.

I also saw that both the 7782 The Batwing™: The Joker's Aerial Assault and the 7784 The Batmobile™: Ultimate Collectors' Edition sets are marked as "Sold Out".

neutron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is that we should start worrying about the V-wing...its still available now, but Im sure it won't be for long...

and it doesn't look like Vaders UCS TIE sells.... I laugh everytime I've gotten to LS@H and see it near the bottom of the pile.
ZombieGIR
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went around looking for a Tie Interceptor. All gone. Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade/Finds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Jump to: