FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7665 Republic Cruiser Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laughed at that comment even though it was serious: "I'm hoping his head comes soon"
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Pete wrote:
Plus, it's a nice change to have a bit of colour in the Star Wars Universe!

That's very true. The UCS range could do with a bit of colour. UCS sets are grey, grey and more grey.
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for help B-boy!

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only downside to this model (Minus the price but we could complain about the price of anything really) is the fact that it appears in the movie for around 20 seconds. Altough on the other hand this is probobly due to the main items have been done, or simply impossible to create items that would simply end up being to expensive to create or another problem (I'm thinking the trade federation ship would fit into that category)
11numnumnum
Undead!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Solo wrote:
The only downside to this model (Minus the price but we could complain about the price of anything really) is the fact that it appears in the movie for around 20 seconds.

You seem to be forgetting the nice screen time it got in LSW Smile . My money says the fans were beggin' for it ever since they saw that first cutscene.
NecronCommander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iYo lo quiero!
WookieWarrior9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11Numb wrote:
Anakin Solo wrote:
The only downside to this model (Minus the price but we could complain about the price of anything really) is the fact that it appears in the movie for around 20 seconds.

You seem to be forgetting the nice screen time it got in LSW Smile . My money says the fans were beggin' for it ever since they saw that first cutscene.

Very true. I'll also use this as a chance to once again plug the need for a chrome minifig Naboo Royal Starship. Wink
Rudders

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update you all my Qui-Gon head (the correct one) arrived on my door mat yesterday morning and I must say he looks excellent now. Very Happy
Cei

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this kit last week from TRU online - and yes, the wrong head was included.

I've just gotten off the phone to Lego Customer Services, and they are not expecting stock of the correct head until the 27th August. Until then, you just have to hang on. My CSR did suggest I take the kit back and swap it for another, but I think that wouldn't solve the problem, so I'm going to hang on until September and give them another call.
badgerboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His head was in the post yesterday... I'll never cross those "guys" at LEGO again!

I phoned on the 8th, so, that's pretty amazing service.

For all of you that still have to arrange a new head, I only quoted the number for the part to the lady on the phone!

(from my previous posting) Qui-Gonn head ref no. 4514328
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing this is the first set to include a flesh Qui-Gon head. All previous Qui-Gon heads have been yellow, right?

(Wasn't there a set which was supposed to include a clonetrooper torso, but included a stormtrooper torso instead? Or vice versa. Which set was that? I must admit that I never pay particularly close attention to the mini-figs in my sets, and so I'd probably miss any such errors.)
Zombie Fetty
Undead!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - this is the first fleshie Qui-Gon.

And the set you are thinking of is the Millenium Falcon. A Clonie torso was put instead of a Snowie.

Things are getting strange, I'm starting to worry,
This could be a case for Mulder and Scully
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably going to sound like a stupid question, but how do you close the ends of the box the set comes in? If you take the two flaps at one end of the box, each flap has a foldable tab. Now, somehow these two tabs are meant to be interlocked in some way in order to seal the box, but I can't figure out how to do it.
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, LEGO certainly cocked-up with the Republic Cruiser, didn't they? I've just emptied out my box and found that (like RenegadeClone in a previous post) I've got two copies of instruction book 2, and no instruction book 1.
Angus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found one at my local TRU. Haven't opened it yet, but the box sure looks great!!!

UPDATE: I got the wrong qui-gonn head as well.

Last edited by Angus on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
cowboycoder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Got two copies of the part 2 booklet, and the two Obi Wans.

Still, it's a fantastic model, and I'm sure Lego Customer Services will do us proud.

I hope they're taking note of the number of requests for replacement parts for this set and look into there QA.
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want this set, but my local TRU doesn't have any yet. So does anyone know when legoshop@home will be accepting orders? Thanks. Very Happy
Luke Nightcrawler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this set won't come to Canada as quickly as other countries, so none of the early "dud" Qui-gon jinn/Obi wan mix up sets will already be sold! Razz Razz

The Neimoidian Defence Legion Wants You!
Big Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay ... the replacement head arrived today Smile
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story so far.

Two weeks ago I contacted LEGO via the online form, requesting a Qui-Gon head and a copy of instruction book 1. Yesterday, instruction book 1 and a head arrived. Unfortunately, it was the wrong head. So I now have two Episode I Obis, one Episode III Obi, and still no Qui-Gon. Confused
Luke Nightcrawler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is now available a S@H. Just thought you'd like to know.

The Neimoidian Defence Legion Wants You!
Big Pete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Pete wrote:
yay ... the replacement head arrived today Smile

aaaand another one arrived today!!

oops ... I guess they sent another one when I enquired as to why there was a month delay after requesting the first one!
CaptMaarek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine yesterday and built it right away, it was awesome. I love the colors, the reds, orange, and white just blend so nicely together.

The build was fun and inventive it used a few tricks I've seen mocs use which was nice to see.

The "Play" areas on either side were small but near to store weapons droid and the other "Officer". Overall I liked the build and the set and loved the colors.

I too got an incorrect obi head in place of Qui-Gon, I called and they said the replacement and 1 white 2x4 brick is on the way that I was missing. They also said I should keep the incorrect head.

My Values
Parts: 8/10
Minifigs: 9/10* (needed to call to get correct Qui-Gon Head)
Detail: 8/10
Playability: 8/10
Price to parts: 7/10
Availability: 7/10 (TRU & LEGO Stores)
OVERALL RATING: 8/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Munchy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting build. Uses some of the same angling techniques found on the ISD sets.

Pro's:

1. The detachable pod underneath the cockit.
2. Easy access to the interior of the ship.
3. Cool new fig's.
4. Twirly radar ftw!

Con's:

1. Construction seems a bit flimsy. I feel like the model could break if I play with it in a rough manner but since the ship gets blown up in the movie maybe it's meant to be flimsy. Wink
2. Not very swooshable.
3. Price point for set is kind of high.
4. To gain access to the interior of the ship you remove a section of the hull. This section is not held in place but rests on the rest of the structure using gravity. Not very play freindly especially when you need to do a barrel roll.

Overall impressions:
Nice idea for a set but the implementation leaves a little to be desired. If it didn't have those fig's, I wouldn't have bought it.

My Values
Parts: 7/10
Minifigs: 10/10
Detail: 7/10
Playability: 6/10
Price to parts: 6/10
Availability: 5/10
OVERALL RATING: 7/10
kevblee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Built mine, and have already done a mod on it. I made the entire thing larger...so that both crew members would fit in the cockpit. everything basically increased by 2 studs. Working on the boarding ramp now....and still waiting for my "correct" Qui Gon head to arrive.
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed that, although the replacement parts section of the LEGO site now recognises the set number 7665, Qui-Gon's head is not among the parts that you can add to your service bag? Oh dear. Rolling Eyes
kevblee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO, but I did notice that I was asked 40 questions regarding my missing piece. I had to give numbers off the instruction booklets, and off the box as well. Then when I told customer service that this was a packaging error and a lot of sets were missing the correct head.....she was stumped. I can't believe I was the first call regarding this problem. I saw guys here post the problem before I even bought my set. Shocked
Lord Pachelbel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worse off than a lot of you.

I was missing the second instruction booklet: I had two copies of the first one. A call to customer service fixed this -- I'm getting a printed copy in the mail and was sent a PDF to my email address.

But then I started building the set only to discover that I'm missing an entire bag of parts (or maybe they were loose parts). I don't have the long 2x16 plate that's used early in the build. A few steps later calls for some 1x16 beams, which I also don't have. I might be missing other parts, too, which I can at least check against the parts list that LEGO has started including in their instructions.

This is the first time I've ever had such problems.
Sabreman64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to be missing a bag of parts. Check to see if you're also missing a couple of 6x14 plates. They are in the same bag as the parts you mention. (I think the only loose parts in the box are the four cone halves.)

It's interesting that you got two copies of instruction book 1 and no book 2. Someone else in this thread and I both got two copies of book 2 and no book 1. This set has been one big mess-up by LEGO. Rolling Eyes
Tonkenna

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just built this set and enjoyed the build, though I agree it is a little flimsy in places! Managed to get mine from the States after a trip with work, so saved about 20.

Like many kits I think it is worth the price that is charged in the States (ie $99 (about 50)), but I would not be happy paying the full UK price of 70 (about $140!). Come on Lego... get the pricing a bit fairer!!!

Tonks Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: