FBTBForums.net Forum Index FBTBForums.net

...has been nuked!

ChatChat    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7665 Republic Cruiser Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one great review. I just got convinced to buy this guy, when it comes out and AFTER the MTT.

Visit the Clone Army Builders Guild -
www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neutron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about this...I like the look on the outside. But the pics of the inside make it look funky......

and the bland rebels.......Hoth will be way more exciting.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rebels?....

anyhoo yeah i agree, the hoth set would be more exciting, but im gna pick up both when they hit Aussie stores anyway....i like having a job and my own money hehe.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
rebels?....

anyhoo yeah i agree, the hoth set would be more exciting, but im gna pick up both when they hit Aussie stores anyway....i like having a job and my own money hehe.

Good luck AJayIrish if you choose to wait for it to "hit the stores".
When it comes to exclusives like the Cruiser and Hoth set, it might take some time to come to Australia, if at all.
Toys R Us are the only stores that sell it and there are no more than two or three in most capital cities. It took over six months before they brought out the 6212 X-wing! And I never saw the Imperial Inspection make an appearence in my local TRU...
My advice, get it from S@H while you can. You could wait, but I wouldn't recommend it! Then again, TRU might surprise us and release it before the end of the year...

That said. The cruiser looks great. The size surprised me when I saw it next to the ISD. I wanted the Hoth set more than the cruiser, now I desire both just as much as the other.

Pity about the heads. It is pretty slack, in one of my Naboo Fighter sets, one of the peices for the Vulture Droid was missing and I had two examples of the same peice instead!
snowtrooper202

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get what all the hype about the incorrect head is, Its not that big of a deal, Call customer service, They will send you the correct head (free of charge) and get over it. Plus in the end you still get a free Obi head.
AJayIrish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry sandtrooper, im aware that kits take time to hit Aussie stores....that being said, it was only 2 month gap between the release of the naboo fighter/sith infiltrator kits in the US, and when i bought them here....currently out of the kits released this year, i am only missing the UCS kits. i may have to travel half an hour to get to my nearest TRU store, but it's pretty reliable for the exclusives none the less.

but that being said, a question does spring to mind, which has plagued me for a while. how do i get stuff shipped to Aus from the US TRU website?....i only ask because the lego S@H website doesnt give me any help in getting things quicker. i bought all three of the new kits (jedi-fighter, naboo fighter and infiltrator) from my local stores before they had even appeared on the Aus S@H section, and then i bought the mtt just over a week ago.

i dont personally have a credit card, but me and my dad have an arrangement going. i give him the cash required, he gets me the stuff with his card.

i hope someone can help with this Off-Topic question...:D

AJay
RickF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I don't get it. To me, this is one of the ugliest sets in the history of the Star Wars Lego line. The front of that ship is a monstrosity. Add to it lame minifigs (Lego blew a great chance to include a highly desirable fig with this set to boost sales) and it seems a big waste to me.
sam89
Newshound

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickF wrote:
Add to it lame minifigs (Lego blew a great chance to include a highly desirable fig with this set to boost sales) and it seems a big waste to me.

5 minifigs - all new. How's that lame?
badgerboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attraction for me is all that dark red! There are some awesome parts in that baby!
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea how are 5 brand new figs lame? I think it makes most people want to purchase this set even more. Also, the pictures in the review are "top-shelf." Those pics made this set #1 on my list to buy when it comes out Very Happy . That is of course along with the 7666 Hoth Base (snowies, rebels, K-3P0...what's not to like Wink ).

***By the way, ever since I got into lego sw, I've always wanted them to make a Radiant VII. It's just such a cool ship.
Sandtrooper Platoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJayIrish wrote:
dont worry sandtrooper, im aware that kits take time to hit Aussie stores....that being said, it was only 2 month gap between the release of the naboo fighter/sith infiltrator kits in the US, and when i bought them here....currently out of the kits released this year, i am only missing the UCS kits. i may have to travel half an hour to get to my nearest TRU store, but it's pretty reliable for the exclusives none the less.

but that being said, a question does spring to mind, which has plagued me for a while. how do i get stuff shipped to Aus from the US TRU website?....i only ask because the lego S@H website doesnt give me any help in getting things quicker. i bought all three of the new kits (jedi-fighter, naboo fighter and infiltrator) from my local stores before they had even appeared on the Aus S@H section, and then i bought the mtt just over a week ago.

i dont personally have a credit card, but me and my dad have an arrangement going. i give him the cash required, he gets me the stuff with his card.

i hope someone can help with this Off-Topic question...:D

AJay

Hey AJay, I use an ANZ debit VISA card. It is very reasonable. You work out how much it will cost, visit the bank, put the $ on your card and there you have it.

Yes, this year was a surprise. I managed to score MTT (Kmart), Naboo Fighter, Sith Infiltrator (Big W) and Jedi SF (Myer) and all for cheaper than retail (They all had their big Toy sales) two weeks before it got to S@H. This is not the norm for SWLego. Normally, it turns up on the S@H website before it makes it to the stores.

Oh yeah, I get the express shipping (it does cost almost twice as much) but it gets here within three-four working days! So when the RC and Hoth set turn up on the website, provided I have the $, I will be ordering those babies...

I disagree with those who say the cruiser is an ugly set. If a Venator or Acclimator Star Destroyer were designed with as much care I would be very pleased.

Long live Star Wars Saga (Movie) Lego Sets
Big Pete

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo, score ... I just built it and I'm really impressed! A lot bigger than I expected. Cool

Yes I got the wrong head, but I'm sure that'll be easily sorted shortly Smile
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Pete, how about you give us YOUR take on the cruiser, right here! I'd like to get a second opinion on it.

www.TheCABG.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Big Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, there's not much more that I can add to the existing photo review. It's a nice build overall, can't really criticise it. They've done quite well in recreating the shape of the ship, which, afterall, is not that easy.

The interiors are a bit of an afterthought I guess ... but a nice little feature and would appeal to kids for play value.

The escape pod is cool, especially the mechanism for attaching it to the ship.

Nice figs too Smile

Plus, it's a nice change to have a bit of colour in the Star Wars Universe!
ZombieKenobi
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Big Pete. Although I do think the interior could have been better. Still can't wait to buy it though Wink .
Clonecommando007
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that tidbit BP! Very Happy

www.TheCABG.net
ifonlyirocked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it looks absolutely amazing. i work at a toys r us and they still haven't shown up in our warehouse Sad the site says they release 9-13, i sure hope they hit the stores by then
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this set but it is too high priced for myself at the moment. But I was wondering could these dark red pieces be used to MOC the Jedi starfighter hypering? Just wondering.
RenegadeClone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought this set last week. Unfortunately, it came with 2 identical part two instructions! Sad So I can't finish it until LEGO sends me the first part. I also got a flesh Episode III Obi-Wan head instead of a Qui-Gon Jinn head. However, so far it looks like a terrific set. Much more dark red than I initially thought. I swapped the Republic Judiciaries legs to blue and added two blue kepi caps - they look even cooler now! Very Happy
batsamd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone who got this set with the Obi-Wan head instead of the flesh Qui-Gon head tried to call LEGO Customer Service and see if they can't get the correct head?

It seems a lot of people are getting the Ep. 3 Obi-Wan head instead of the flesh Qui-Gon. I'm wondering if this is a big mistake, or if LEGO decided to use the Ep. 3 Obi-Wan head instead of producing a flesh Qui-Gon head?
JT-77
New Clone on the Block

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly that is what is supposed to be included. Crying or Very sad
Destroyed!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's not what it's supposed to be included Confused . This set includes a flesh Qui-Gon, not a flesh Obi-Wan. It's just an error by lego. If you call customer service, they'll send you the correct head (that is if you recieved a wrong head)!
armbreaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad ppl are enjoying this set, but to me it looks a tad bland.
Chris Was Here

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

batsamd wrote:
Has anyone who got this set with the Obi-Wan head instead of the flesh Qui-Gon head tried to call LEGO Customer Service and see if they can't get the correct head?

That probably would work. I recently bought this set and it came with a black Wizard's Cap. When I e-mailed them for a blue one, they sent it to me just as they would a replacement part.
Big Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have requested a new head, but not received it yet. I'm sure it's related to the postal strikes in the UK, mind you. Lego did e-mail me the usual system generated "we're sorry! we'll get the right part to you in 10 days" e-mail afterall Smile
Anakin Solo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Pete wrote:
I'm sure it's related to the postal strikes in the UK, mind you.

That is also bugging me, I eventually get on summer holiday, 4 weeks to buys stuff off Bricklink, eBay and S@H and we all get a postage strike. Well my parents are going to give me an advance on my pocket money and I will sell a few of my finished games so hopefully this set will become mine within the next two weeks! BTW do you have to pay for the postage of the Qui-Gon head? Thanks.
Big Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anakin Solo wrote:
Big Pete wrote:
I'm sure it's related to the postal strikes in the UK, mind you.

That is also bugging me, I eventually get on summer holiday, 4 weeks to buys stuff off Bricklink, eBay and S@H and we all get a postage strike. Well my parents are going to give me an advance on my pocket money and I will sell a few of my finished games so hopefully this set will become mine within the next two weeks! BTW do you have to pay for the postage of the Qui-Gon head? Thanks.

replacement parts are usually free, both in terms of cost and P&P.

they only charge if you've lost or broken a piece, and they don't always charge even in those circumstances.
Rudders

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the customer service department and they arranged the head to be delivered to me.

I received a normal smilie flesh head and an Obi-Wan head (from 7665) again. So I now have one EP3 obi head a spare smilie flesh head and spare ep1 obi head.

I called customer service again to point out again that all I wanted was the correct flesh Qui-Gon head from the box and the lego rep said they would not be available until the 3rd August but she would get the Qui-Gon head sent out once they become available/
Big Pete

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the phone number for UK replacement parts ?
badgerboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact LEGO here

tel: 00800 5346 5555 (you need both zeros at the beginning!)

I got the Obi-Wan head too, when I phoned they were very understanding and will send out the correct head ASAP - they are out of stock at the warehouse so it may take a little while...
It helps if you have the unique piece code from the instructions. (which I'm hoping is the correct one and not the source of the problem)

FYI: Qui-Gonn head ref no. 4514328

Knowing that there was an issue with the head was a real advantage, thanks to this forum, I was prepared for the worst and was able to quickly act. So I would like to extend a big THANKS to everyone who shares their experiences here!

I'm hoping his head comes soon, because he looks weird at the mo!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FBTBForums.net Forum Index -> Set Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: